Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RG - Currently Untitled Adventure

3 posters

Go down

RG - Currently Untitled Adventure Empty RG - Currently Untitled Adventure

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:00 pm

I'm about to start making an adventure based on the Grom (the empire I'm using for RG), but due to various reasons (mainly their fighting technique), I need to find two other empires/races in this general area:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The smaller oval is the general area in which the Grom Empire is located (haven't decided on the exact location/don't want to reveal it this early on), and the larger one is the furthest I see the Grom feasibly going (at least for expansion, and even then, I kinda stretched it...). If I can't get anyone else who has empires in this location, I guess I could create some more, but part of the fun is interacting with other people's empires, right?

As for the adventure itself, I'm planning on showing a planetary takeover from the view of the Grom. In the adventure, you'll play as a soldier, and you have to sneak into the capital city of the planet (the one being taken over) whilst the two other empires blast away at each other. After you have access to the weapons of the planet's empire, you use them to wipe out both armies, which leaves few left to defend against the grom's invading forces. I'm still working on how its going to go, so any suggestions on how it could work out are appreciated.

Back to top Go down

RG - Currently Untitled Adventure Empty Re: RG - Currently Untitled Adventure

Post by Luxembourgish Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:33 pm

It seems that you are pretty close to Darklord's Dominion, and my Vil-Nolwikkan Confederacy. Both are violent empires, although my Vil-Nolwikkans want little to do with the main war for now.

Perhaps a Vil-Nolwikkan force invades a smaller, local empire, while a Grom soldier help takes the planet for themselves, and drives out the rest of the Nolwikkans?

Last edited by ThePrussianCompy on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

http://pseudocompsognathus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:43 pm

The entire third arm is controlled by my race, the Jorro'kil, except for a few pockets of small empires.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:51 pm

ThePrussianCompy wrote:It seems that you are pretty close to Darklord's Dominion, and my Vil-Nolwikkan Confederacy. Both are violent empires, although my Vil-Nolwikkans want little to do with the main war for now.

Perhaps a Vil-Nolwikkan force invades a smaller, local empire, while a Grom soldier help takes the planet for themselves, and drives out the rest of the Nolwikkans?

Seems like it could work! Now I just need to come up with a smaller empire...

EDIT: Out of curiosity, does a non-C&C version of the Vil-Nolwikkan exist? I never was able to find that expansion in stores and I don't want to pirate it.

Last edited by NegaChomp on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:55 pm

I can do that for you, if you'd like.

In fact, if you need help with anything in the adventure, just ask.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:46 pm

ThePrussianCompy wrote:I can do that for you, if you'd like.

In fact, if you need help with anything in the adventure, just ask.

Alright, thanks! Anything in particular I should know about their fighting techniques and such? I'm about to start working on the battlefield.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:50 pm

ThePrussianCompy wrote:Military: All of the Vil-Nolwikkan military, with the exceptions of the huge starships, are divided into regiments

-The Slave Regiment consists entirely of captured enemy aliens. They never go into battle, except as distractions. Usually they are trained in the ways of the Vil-Nolwik.

-The Grey Regiment consists mostly of rookie Nolwikkans and captured aliens. They almost never go out on missions of their own. Usually, they are either used as distractions or set behind the main army, taking out enemies from afar.

-The Indigo Regiment consists of trusted aliens and Nolwikkans. The only thing deferring this regiment from the Greys is the fact that generals are more interested in keeping Indigo soldiers alive.

-The Yellow Regiment consists of better-trained and better-armored Indigo soldiers.

-The Blood Regiment is the second best. Most elite soldiers consist in the Blood regiment. This regiment sometimes scouts the battlefield post-battle and picks off remaining enemies. But usually they are in the battle, in the front lines, Slicing up the stronger soldiers for the rest of the army to handle.

-The Dark Regiment consists of very specialized soldiers, and almost no aliens. All Nolwikkan captains are members of the Dark Regiment. Other types of the dark regiment include missile carriers, “Slashers,” and “Barbarians”. (Slashers are melee warriors, while Barbarians are completely covered in armor, usually destroying enemies with little to no effort.)

This form of military also works in space and in water. There are Dark and Blood regiment ships and boats out there.

Style: Generals prefer an “orderly swarming style.” Regiments are in their own groups and cooperate with each other to give another regiment an advantage. One time a contest was held in the middle of a serious battle, for who could weaken the enemies enough for the Indigos to move in. The Yellow Regiment, surprisingly, won.

A larger picture:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anything you'd like in the adventure? So far, I only have creations from the Dark and Indigo Regiments, but I'll make creations for any regiment that you want.

EDIT: For the adventure, I'll remove the C&C parts for you.

Last edited by ThePrussianCompy on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartless1962 Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:41 pm

The Lumeriana Empire is in that arm. Near by Earth interestingly enough.
Heartless1962
Heartless1962
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:54 pm

ThePrussianCompy wrote:
Anything you'd like in the adventure? So far, I only have creations from the Dark and Indigo Regiments, but I'll make creations for any regiment that you want.

EDIT: For the adventure, I'll remove the C&C parts for you.

Well, creations for the Slave and Grey Regiments would be nice, as I don't see the Vil-Nolwikkans sending in anything stronger than the Indigo regiment for a one planet empire (the other race I'm using I probably won't ever use again for Ruthless Galaxy). Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

@Heartless1962 I'm already using another species I created for the other race, though if you want the Lumeriana to have a cameo or something, I don't mind at all!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:13 pm

Alright, perfect. I'll get right on it.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:09 am

My empire is on the tip of the fith arm, not to far from your area, and transport wise they could cross fairly quickly ( one day to half a week depending on the current resources.), but they have little to do with races smaller than themselves, unless exploiting a planets resources and the encountering native resistance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:55 pm

I'm sorry I took a while!

Here are two units that could be used in the battle so far.

Enslaved Soldier:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Un-C&C'd Vil-Nolwik:
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:49 pm

ThePrussianCompy wrote:I'm sorry I took a while!

Here are two units that could be used in the battle so far.

Enslaved Soldier:

Un-C&C'd Vil-Nolwik:

Its okay, between loads of homework and getting a new game not too long ago, I kinda took a break from this adventure anyway. I just downloaded these creatures (even though the first is still creepy and cute...) and I'm starting Spore up now, hopefully I can get some good screenshots here soon!

EDIT: Alright, how's this screenshot? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by NegaChomp on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a screenshot.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:09 am

Huh? I wasn't aware that the slave was C&C. I'll fix it, I'm sorry about that.

Also, nice job on the screenshot!
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:04 am

ThePrussianCompy wrote:Huh? I wasn't aware that the slave was C&C. I'll fix it, I'm sorry about that.
Its okay, its probably the texturing, as i didn't recognize any C&C parts.

ThePrussianCompy wrote:Also, nice job on the screenshot!
Thanks, I was a little skeptical about the shot, as I haven't made any GAs since late 2010, so yeah, I'm REALLY rusty...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down