Prologue of the Tsars

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Prologue of the Tsars

Post by The Cunning Linguist on Fri May 23, 2014 5:59 pm

Sharvay answered them in a warm and reassuring tone, "Why of course, your Honorable. We want to make an agreement that will be mutually beneficial. Truth be told, we have only just met, so time will tell, but it is certain we, the Gyelidoran people, will uphold our promises of peace and trade."

Qerastviem I took a slight nod, and continued Sharvay, "Of course. We want friends in this new world we've discovered. And I, the Grand Tsar of the Gyelidoran people, accept your offers as tokens of goodwill. But now it is your turn: What would you accept as a token of goodwill from us?"
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Fri May 30, 2014 10:22 pm

Vertin's right hand, both hands formerly placed flat on the table, turned over to reveal his palm. With this, he gestured to the other Confederate representatives as he spoke, directed at the Tsar and Sharvay. "One necessity for all of us within the Confederacy, I believe, would be an agreement that the Tsardom of Gyelidor refuses communications with those who we are currently at war at, most notably members of the Terminus Pact and the Dominion. Perhaps another would be the approval of a Confederate embassy within your territory as well." He looked to Miral immediately after saying this, as if asking for her approval, to which the Sentinel gave a slightly curt nod. It was implied that Miral disliked Vertin, though the ambassador did not seem to be fazed by this.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist on Sat May 31, 2014 1:42 am

Sharvay let her Tsar respond, sitting quietly with a neutral grin, as the desires of the Confederacy were slightly at odds with her Tsar's wishes of complete neutrality, but she understood that this was all a part of wartime distrust. She was however, confident in her Tsar's own diplomatic ability, and too was she aware the Grand Tsar already knew Sentinel Miral. Qerastviem I spoke calmly with reassurance, responding to his acquaintance, "I will honor and respect your wishes, but we must do what ultimately keeps us safe, from them, from anyone, and if we're ever forced, even from you. We don't wish to provoke you, nor anyone else in the galaxy. As my vizier has said, in the end only time will tell, but with all that we can control, I will personally, as Autocrat of Gyelidor, make sure we hold our promise of sustained peace and prosperity for at least one year, and hopefully more. My country is a peaceful nation, and I will make sure we don't associate militarilly with your enemies. But they will know of our relations, and if I cut off communications with them, they will assume we are provoking them in your alliance's name. We want friends, not enemies."
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:41 pm

At this, R'jal spoke up. "Very understandable, a logical outcome. However desirable it may be, seeing as you have also trusted us with this meeting, certainly with your lives.." He said, chuckling for a moment. ".. We cannot assume you would be willing to trust is with the security of your empire.. your race. While this is, I ask that you assure me, assure me that you realize you.. and your people, may have to choose to trust us. This galaxy is war-torn, and it is war-torn because we have not.. can not resolve the conflict with our enemies. You have chosen to negotiate with us, and without breaking contact with us entirely, it will be very hard to solely resist. In essence you have made your choice, it is only time which decides the consequences of it."

R'jal was a gifted speaker, but would also plainly lay out the facts when it was needed. He released a water capsule from his belt, and downed its content, waiting for any replies.

I can multitasking - Prussian

I actually was busy trying to get more gonger ale - Prussian

Also...just because you rescued a male chick and called him Kevin, doesn't mean I care. - ViperaUnion

But in retaliation, I'm going to add all your typoes to my sig. - Prussian

It's not a horror game, it's more of a pussle - Prussian

Follow the Bloody Brick Road - Prussian

Shut your skittley little mouth - Darkel

I'm actually quite humble, I just love to mess with scurbs. - Canis_dirus

Whos : Ah, I like my bleach straight..

curius : In the eyes
"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:26 pm

"Indeed," agreed Taxis. "This is indeed a ruthless galaxy we live in, and I fear it is impossible not to choose sides in this conflict; if you don't, it may very well be chosen for you, and the outcome will most certainly not be to your liking."
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist on Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:19 am

"Very well as you say. At the very least I will keep a peace for at least one year, and if anyone is to think that we are but another fleck of dust to be flicked off the galaxy, we would put up a fierce fight. As we have all said, time will tell in the end."

With formal tone, Sharvay attempted to conclude the meeting, "As that has been all for our mutual agreements, I would believe this is the end of the formal part of our conference, as my Tsar wishes. However we are open to further discussion."
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:38 pm

Taxis scratched his chin (or whatever you would call it) before speaking. "Personally, I can think of no further issues at the present." He turned to the other Confederacy ambassadors. "Are there any further issues that the other members of the Confederacy wish to put on the table at this time?"
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:03 pm

Xayarus looked to R'jal, who responded with a slight nod of the head, and proceeded to speak. "I am content with the progress we have made. It is time that we departed. May we meet again under good circumstances." He said. Whether or not he meant this was trivial, yet it sounded well enough to convince most any of the present representatives.

Later on, after the meeting had ended, High Councilor Xayarus found the opportunity to speak with Sentinel Miral.

"Sentinel," He said, dipping his beak. "These.. Gyelidorians. Very unique, hm? Where did you find them?"

It was a casual question, yet curious in its own right. He appeared to have no specific interest in what he had just asked, more that he was simply making conversation. No-one would have guessed the masked motive underneath this indifferent disguise.

I can multitasking - Prussian

I actually was busy trying to get more gonger ale - Prussian

Also...just because you rescued a male chick and called him Kevin, doesn't mean I care. - ViperaUnion

But in retaliation, I'm going to add all your typoes to my sig. - Prussian

It's not a horror game, it's more of a pussle - Prussian

Follow the Bloody Brick Road - Prussian

Shut your skittley little mouth - Darkel

I'm actually quite humble, I just love to mess with scurbs. - Canis_dirus

Whos : Ah, I like my bleach straight..

curius : In the eyes
"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:15 am

Unlike the ships they went to war in, Markovan diplomacy vessels were somewhat bulky affairs. However, they were quite roomy and comfortable inside. In his own private quarters of the ship, Taxis sipped some wine thoughtfully. He was a shrewd observer, and an even shrewder thinker, and right now he was carefully going over in his mind every single detail of the meeting. The Gyelidorians seemed quite eager to please. . . maybe a little too eager. Some might simply assume that they wanted to assure their own safety. Being newcomers, and faced with a power Confederacy of military powers, it would be logical that they would try to get on their good side. Still, could this be extended to other forces as well?

Taxis frowned a little. It was too soon to tell anything about the Gyelidorians, but perhaps an eye should be kept on them.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top