The Source of Inspiration

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Source of Inspiration

Post by Vara Lord on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:57 pm

I made this thread so that, if you want, you can tell everyone about your favorite characters what inspired you in making them. How did you think of this person? What was the process by which they evolved to they are now?

I may post later, but first I'd like to see other peoples' ideas, if they want to post.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Re: The Source of Inspiration

Post by Vara Lord on Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:20 pm

I guess I'll get this started then with someone we've all come to know and love; Lord Jiiran.

Back at the Sporum, Darkel had another roleplaying club called Sporum Wars that I considered joining for while. At the time, not understanding how the theme of the club worked, I had hoped to introduce two different people to the club, one good and one bad, who would be brothers. I ended up not joining; however, the characters stuck around a little while. The good one, who I called Toniran (supposed to sound somewhat like Tony), remained the brother of the other for awhile, and this persisted for a little bit. The idea was they were both rogue Liirlith creations that were biologically similar, or something like that. Eventually, however, Toniran just disappeared. I really didn't have anything I wanted to do with him.

The evil one, however, stayed around. At times, I imagined him fighting Toniran, and he suddenly developed a suit of high-tech armor. Eventually, I chose the name Jiiran (I don't remember where it came from), which I thought was a cool name. This character then began to grow, and believe it or not, the whole idea of Vathoris grew out of him, not the other way around. Shortly after joining Ruthless Galaxy, I decided I wanted a bad guy race as well as the Markovan Empire, and I picked it from a random soldier I had made on Spore that I had called a Mondarian Assault Trooper. Somehow, Jiiran became the leader, and then he came into his own; however, he needed a backstory, which came quickly. At the time I had a few Spore characters on my computer, one whom I called Prince Vey-Churim, amongst others (Yep, the same one). Before, I had only had loose ideas about these characters; however, as Jiiran developed his backstory, it ended up pulling all of them together into a reasonable fashion.

Sorry about the disjointed way I wrote this. The memories aren't entirely clear, and this is really a summary more than anything else. Still, I hope you find this interesting, and that you take the chance to tell everyone about your own characters.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:09 pm

I'd have to say that I got some of my inspiration for the Jorro'kil from the halo race Kig-Yar, as you can see in their avian appearance, and originally, in their military, the Jorro'kil were very suicidal in their military, when I first entered them into the Epic Adventure War, but over time I changed and altered many of their aspects, and they eventually became how they are now.

I can multitasking - Prussian

I actually was busy trying to get more gonger ale - Prussian

Also...just because you rescued a male chick and called him Kevin, doesn't mean I care. - ViperaUnion

But in retaliation, I'm going to add all your typoes to my sig. - Prussian

It's not a horror game, it's more of a pussle - Prussian

Follow the Bloody Brick Road - Prussian

Shut your skittley little mouth - Darkel

I'm actually quite humble, I just love to mess with scurbs. - Canis_dirus

Whos : Ah, I like my bleach straight..

curius : In the eyes
"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down