ViperaUnion's Drawings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ViperaUnion's Drawings

Post by ViperaUnion on Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:09 pm

ViperaUnion's Drawings

Okay, so this is the thread where I post the drawings of concepts I've made for my creatures in Ruthless Galaxy. They aren't just of characters or alien races, but they're also of spaceships, alien predators, and perhaps a few other things that may or may not be implemented later. So, yeah, there might be spoilers of what I have planned in the story if you look at my drawings.

Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Re: ViperaUnion's Drawings

Post by ViperaUnion on Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Arachnarche Concepts

Okay, most people by now know that the Arachnarche are, far as creatures go. They're gigantic insects that can fly through space, feed on energy, and build their nest out of metal. We also know that there are four different castes among Arachnarche, and that the higher the caste is, the greater the intelligence. Drones, the lowest level, are not very bright, but the higher-ranking ones, such as Commanders and the Queen, are intelligent enough to rival sapient beings. There is also going to be a fifth variant, one that is not really a natural Arachnarche, but a mutated fusion of the Commander and Matriarch castes. There is only one, and this fifth caste, fittingly named the Tyrant, is a rogue one that does not obey the queen. This post has pictures of each caste in order, starting with the drones, and ending with the queen. The Tyrant is the last image after the queen. The scans don't always go so well, so don't be surprised if a few images are cut off in certain places. Please note that each caste is also represented by a color.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion on Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:39 pm

Sniffer/Hearing Hounds

In the Chimerosu Empire, most of the Krylonians would often mention Sniffer Hounds, although there are Hearing Hounds as well. Sniffer hounds are used for their incredible sense of smell, which allows them to track things down, and they can also be used to detect the chemicals such as lethal poisons, or the components that are used to make bombs. Hearing hounds are often used as guard dogs, as they can almost immediately detect the presence of an intruder. Both variants, overall, can be used as animal companions such as pets, or working dogs that serve purposes such as guide dogs. There are many different breeds, but most don't stray very far from a specific traditional appearance, though fur color can be widely varied.

Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion on Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:23 pm

Ultimate Predators of the United Chimerosu Nations

On the alien planets of the UCN, nature is regarded as important to the residents, and so they are careful to preserve it. This includes refraining from exterminating any native species that already exist on the planets, and this means that they do not make attempts to eliminate populations of creatures that can be potentially harmful. This results in the constant presence of 'ultimate predators', or creatures that are known to prey on Chimerosu as a food source. Each planet in the UCN has at least one ultimate predator that is famous for its ability to kill sapient beings.

The Ultimate Predator of Vitis, the Masquetilan, can grow to be up to 190 feet in length, and boasts incredible camouflage abilities, that allow it to almost perfectly blend in with its surroundings. The only possible way to detect one in hiding is by listening for the sounds of its presence, such as a flickering tongue, and the sound produced by its scales as it moves. The only visual cue that can warn of its presence is the line running down its spine where inverted colors of its natural appearance meet, which creates a thin static disturbance that flickers between black and white. This line is very thin, and difficult to see, but it is a dead giveaway. Masquetilans are known for devouring an entire branch of residents on Vitis before being spotted, and are also known to be rather intelligent, as predators, capable of basic strategies, and quickly learning from previous mistakes. By swinging its tail, a Masquetilan can gather enough force and speed to create a sonic boom. The combination of all these abilities makes this creature one of the most feared predators in the galaxy, and nearly impossible to defeat alone.

The Chaetodon, a ferocious marine predator native to Silex, may in appearance seem to be a large, tropical fish, which can grow up to 82 feet in length, but in reality it is actually an extremely dangerous predatory reptile, which can be found not only in tropical waters, but even in the arctic circle of its native planet. An extremely fast swimmer, despite misconceptions some might have about its shape, this creature can easily catch up to smaller, generally swifter prey. It lacks maneuverability, however, and therefore takes longer than other creatures to change direction in the water, making swimming in zigzags or rapidly changing the direction you go in an effective way to escape it. It is famously stubborn as a hunter, and will rarely give up the chase until its prey is out of sight. Even if its prey goes on land, the Chaetodon will not abandon the chase, and it will either dive and wait in the water for the prey to come back in, or it will beach itself and try to chase its victim on land, as it has fins that allows it to do so. These creatures often breed on land, but are generally sluggish and lack speed out of the water. They breathe air, but can hold their breath for an extremely long time, up to two hours.

Last edited by ViperaUnion on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:02 pm

Love these drawings and creatures. Good work.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:15 pm

I'm glad you think so. Also, just a note, things that are intended to be black may seem grey, it's just the way the scanner does it. The Arachnarche are black, not grey, and the same goes for the markings on the predators.

UCN Chimerosu

Okay, generally, I describe things, but it can sometimes be difficult to imagine based on words alone. I often draw my Chimerosu so people know what they look like. I have pictures in this order, respectively, Cavernians, Vitisans, Frigians, Stagnumians, and Silexians.

Last edited by ViperaUnion on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:31 pm

This makes we want to upload drawings of my own, though I'm not sure if I have a scanner, and my drawing skills are not as good as yours. I'll do Isbar first, I think.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:06 pm

Spiromanders

I am aware that I will probably on multiple occasions draw Spiromanders, because I must strive to improve the design to the way I imagine them to be. For now, this image of Xenos without his saddle is the only one I can find and actually drew, so this is what he looks like. A Spiromander in size from the tip of his nose to his tail is roughly between 30 and 38 feet in length, and it stands at around nine feet at the shoulder, the highest point of the body. Males have blue rings on their skin, while females are generally a paler, less vivid shade.

Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:38 am

You still continue making art?
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion on Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:30 am

Yes, I just make a lot of drawings before I upload them. Okay, here's what Xenos actually looks like, I had this sketch for a long time, but I never could find the time to scan it until yesterday

Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:31 pm

Cool. Good work.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content