Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disruption (IC)

+5
Angelborn
Canis_dirus
Luxembourgish
ViperaUnion
Vara Lord
9 posters

Page 5 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 39  Next

Go down

Disruption (IC) - Page 5 Empty Re: Disruption (IC)

Post by Whos Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:25 pm

Xerin had started to walk down a corridor when Svar pulled him aside to view the Live Feed that Svar had just recieved. He pulled out his HUD Frame and put it over his head and beak to view the feed. He struggled to stop a smile from forming on his face. Such a victory, and his own cousin there too.

"Finally." He said. "A great breakthrough. and yes. Xej Therus, He is my cousin."

"I imagine there must be cheering in the colonies about now." He remarked.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Xej looked at the Wreae, waiting to answer his question, when the Mondarian ships arrived and interrupted the Captain Unit. Xej turned to face the COMM system and listen to the Mondarian Marr's message. He looked out the front viewscreen to face the intruder's weapon testing.

"Du'rakk...." said the Zealot after witnessing the results of the test. "I heard about this. Random attacks on various space stations, no attackers found. So far. And it would seem they weren't random."

Xej turned to a crewmember. "Do what you can to trace their ships, surely they must have left some kind of trail. We can't let this go unanswered." He briskly walked over to a Communications console, and sent a message to the Jorro'kil Fleet of Royal Defense. They had to be the first ones to know of this. Therus stood up, satisfied for the moment, then turned back, paused, and slowly walked up to the Wreae.

"Yes." He said. "Yes, we knew this would be an outcome."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Emperor Xonoc had been sitting the Council chamber on his throne, between two large structures with rows of seats for Councilors to sit and discuss. The room was colored gold and purple, with pillars sporting spirals of gold and purple, and a long purple carpet for the Emperor to walk to his throne. A single window held a spot at the top of the ceiling to allow sunlight to flow through. The room was purified, holding no particular smell even after large meetings. Xonoc would come here to think once in a while, away from the attention and responsibilities, to ponder over the many events of his life.

So much had gone by.

His choice to leave the Free Absolute in search of a life of adventure after the death of his mother.
His encounter with various empires of Ravena, including first contact with the Karthla.
The odd dimensional mishap which led him into another universe and encounter with a strange alien species whose leader was under the control of a former Dominion instrument, and his injuries gained from investigation, though he escaped and was able to return to Ravena, and Irooscin.
The death of his father.

And now, here, Emperor of all the Jorro'kil Confederacy, and the war with the UFIAI.

A councilor, one belonging to the top council and composed of the Emperor's closest advisors, burst in and quickly approached Xonoc.

"My Emperor." He bowed his beak and kneeled, then rose again. "Apologies for the spontaneousness, but we have just recieved word of something you must hear."

"It's fine. What news is there?" Replied Xonoc, rising from his throne.

"A major victory against the UFIAI, we have destroyed one of their major components, a communications hub known as "Nidum."

"Excellent." Said the Emperor. "I knew the Zealot and the Captain Unit would not disappoint us."

"This shall be a day of celebration." He said, glad to have a reason, any reason, to leave from the solemn composure which he had been dwelling in.

"Go, announce this news, have it spread throughout all the Confederacy." He ordered.

The councilor looked up to the seven-foot-tall, himself being roughly six feet, considered short for Jorro'kil.

"Everywhere, my Emperor?"

"Everywhere." He replied with a grin.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:55 pm

"It is understandable, Zealot." Unsilenced Retribution stated, looking slightly to the side of Xej. "I do not think I would have taken this the same way if I had known it was a possibility." He turned back to the COMM system at the center of the room, starting to give the fleet orders.

One of the larger warships was able to use a gravity device to dock two of the frozen, shrunken ships to bring back to Ieegar for further analysis. The fleet stayed in a defensive positioning as they entered warp, choosing to go further into Jorro'kil territory and head to Irooscin rather than taking a potentially hazardous detour directly to Ieegar.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After General Tissin ve Dazmir sent the transmission back, the signals paused for a bit, the static growing more deafening, before continuing. "I am the Destroyer. You are not the enemy of the Collective. Those who oppose and oppress us are those born of stone, snow, and steel." The static continued for a few seconds longer before the dialogue resumed. "I do not mean to threaten you. However, you must be warned. Beware of those who try to reach beyond the veil of the stars, those who were raised from mountains of snow and plateaus of stone." The static came back for exactly ten seconds before the voice continued. "We are the Vrentus Collective." After this, the signal resumed its original talking.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Svar nodded turning to Xerin. "Your cousin is a great man. I would be honored to be within his presence someday." His helmet came down, and he looked around. "I'm going to explore some other sections of the ship, get to know the Chimerosu better." With this, he went off, heading towards the engine room, not knowing that Isbar and Ambigon were there.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:29 pm

Aarin put his right fist to his left palm and bowed. "Indeed," he said. "I am Aarin Tiirmot from Vathoris, and this is Tevri din Asmacar, the son of the Markovan Empire."

Tevri was a little shocked by the elderly Stagnumian's appearance, but swallowed it, and made an inclination of the head.

"We are here for some repair. Tevri here has torn his toga."

Isbar was somewhat annoyed by Ambigon's appearance; however, he was, in way, glad that he had turned up. After a moment of silence, he spoke. "Tell me, do you have a people to call your own?"

General Tissin thought for a moment. He then sent out the transmission: "Who exactly are those who are born of stone, snow, and steel?"

Mott Gatiir had played the transmission he had received over and over again. He then left his quarters to find Travis, carrying his radio.

The Mondarian ships re-entered Mondarian space. Marr noticed with some confusion that the number of ships, especially automatic ones, had increased greatly.

After having landed, he made straight for the old Magistrum Palace. He noticed that there seemed to be an even greater sense of fear than usual. He grabbed a servant and asked him if anything had happened. However, the servant seemed not very forthright, but looked at Marr in fear.

"Come on now," said Marr grinning at the servant; never a good sign. "You're not keeping secrets from me, are you?"

The servant quaked. "Please, Sir, I dare not. Jiiran. . ."

Marr threw an arm around the servant's shoulder and whispered in his ear. "Don't worry, my friend I will personally ensure that you won't get in any trouble with Jiiran. Now tell me, what's been going on around here?"

The servant gulped nervously. "Jiiran has been acting odd lately. He spends almost all of the time in his room. He won't take his meals anymore, but comes to the kitchens and just grabs things and runs back into his room. He kills people for the smallest things, for just looking at him the wrong way."

Marr nodded. "I see. Thank you, you've been very helpful." The servant slid to ground, dead. Marr cleaned his knife off with his kerchief. "Like I said my friend, you won't be getting in any trouble with Jiiran." He then went off to Jiiran's room.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:42 pm

Greta looked at Tevri, "Ah, a mend it is, let me see the garment in question." Upon being presented with the torn toga, she examined it, and frowned a bit, "A bad tear, but no worry, I fix. I have just the thread to match this color, will not even take ten minutes." She said. She then set the toga down on a table and went over to another one loaded with spools of thread, scanning them before plucking out one with a matching color. She also pulled a needle out from a drawer in the desk, and went over to the toga, picking it up. Threading needles was often regarded as difficult, but it took Greta only a second to prepare the needle and thread. She then set to work, mending the fabric, her talons and fingers becoming a blur, as swift as they moved weaving the needle in and out. As soon as she had begun, she was tying closed the thread, and it was as though the toga had not been torn at all. She put the needle and thread away, and brought the toga over to Tevri, "As I said, less than ten minutes, clothing on Stagnum is torn all the time, young boys never watch for branches and thorns." She said, before heading back over to her spools of thread, "You are only other people to come without request for rug or tapestry, Krylonian woman came first. She ask me for saddle, but saddle is not for beauty. I make her rug anyway, cannot give them away on Stagnum, no shipping anywhere." She said. "Weaving is art, but art must be shared."

Ambigon seemed to ponder Isbar's question for a moment, before shaking his head, "No, I am an anomaly on this plain of existence, and belong to no race. There are other energy beings, but I have found none like myself. I find that I do not care to ponder the question, however, for I have spent eons wondering why it is that there is only one of me, and decided that some questions have no answer born from logic."

Travis was in the main navigation room of the ship, and had received word that they had just entered the fifth arm, when Mott entered the room. He turned to the Humdar, "Ah, Mott, glad you could make it, we've just passed into the fifth arm here, and it looks like we're getting a signal from an outpost somewhere already. Looks like we'll find our lost brothers faster than we first thought."
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:19 pm

The static returned, the voice pausing, after General Tissin's transmission was sent. Shortly after, the odd speaking in the signal returned. "We do not know their current nomenclature, as it may be rather pragmatic. We knew them as the-" At this point the signal was distorted, seemingly by some type of machine in the background, and it would be very hard to decipher what had been said. However, several seconds after, the voice came back over the static. "According to the others, they are in league with other civilizations in what is known as the Confederacy. It is unknown to the Collective whether or not you have encountered them yet. The Collective was last active 500 years ago, AR. Much has changed within this galaxy. Tell us, who are you?" The static returned once more, though the Destroyer did not continue its speech. It seemed to be awaited a response from the Markovans.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:22 pm

Aarin nodded. "Indeed." He examined one of the rugs hanging on the wall. "These are well-made, and I see you craft them all by hand. How much do you want for this one?"

Isbar smiled humorously. "You could say that I am something of an anomaly as well. I have no people of my own; all the rest of my species are dumb beasts, and any attempt to interact with them just angers them, them being very territorial." He sighed. "Only now I feel a need for the presence of someone like myself, but there aren't any. I am alone."

Mott played back the message he had received: I am the Destroyer. I will bring all who oppose the Collective to their knees.

"That message came over this thing just a little while ago," he said.

General Tissin pondered this information with no small amount of alarm. The Confederacy. Except for the Dranzoot, the Markovans considered themselves to be on good terms with the Confederacy, especially the Krathunians and the Jorro'kil. If this new force was somehow opposed to the Confederacy, then, according to the Markovan Code of Honor, they should aid the Confederacy against them; any enemy of Markovan allies was an enemy of the Markovan Empire.

General Tissin answered cautiously; "I am General Tissin ve Dazmir of the 20th Legion of the 1st Division of the Markovan Military, of the Markovan Empire. My race controls most of the first arm."
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:29 am

"Markovan Empire..." The voice seemed to ponder this for a while, thinking over it. "You are not Confederacy. You are not the enemy of the Collective." The static returned once more, more overwhelming and louder than before. After ten more seconds, the Destroyer continued. "General Tissin. Revenge has fermented. Equilibrium has collapsed. Centuries have passed yet we do not forget. The Collective shall rise once more. Expect our arrival." At the final word, the signal became distorted and the voice mixed with the static, the volume rising to near unbearable levels before the signal completely cut off.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Wrath and the fleet that had assaulted Nidum soon exited warp above Irooscin, the homeplanet of the Jorro'kil. Unsilenced Retribution activated the COMM, setting to transmit to the planetary docking systems. "This is Captain Unit 8164392 of the RWF Wrath Dreadnought of the 3rd Combined Confederacy fleet, requesting permission to dock."

((I haven't found a good way to write the next Continuum Corrupter post, but I'll post it soon))
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:06 pm

The Irooscin communication systems spread the message to the surrounding Fortress Worlds to make sure the identity of the ship was known in the surrounding area as one of many precautions.

Irooscin, being the homeworld of the Jorro'kil had emerged from both the Dominion and UFIAI war unscathed, partially because it was so heavily defended, and because the Jorro'kil had many other worlds which would natrually be targeted first in the case of planetary combat or retaliation.

Several digital checks were run through the ship via satellites, and handshake signals were exchanged as a final security measure. With everything correctly recieved, docking was allowed for the Wrath and its fellow ships, though some would have to dock at orbital elevators located around the planet if they intended to dock.

"Ah, Home." Therus said. "It'll be good to see it from the surface again."

(I'll write more describing the planet once you post, Zar)
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:49 pm

General Tissin pondered what to do for several minutes. He then contacted the other ships, telling them to head back to Markova with this information. He then directed his own ship to the territory of the Jorro'kil Free Absolute. The Confederacy needed to be warned.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:36 pm

Greta looked over at the tapestry Aarin had picked out, "That one? You need not pay me, take it, I come on Majesty to give my work away. On Stagnum weaving is an art, but nobody shares or gives it away. Cannot send my rugs anywhere, too many restrictions on trade. On home planet, many weavers like me, but to rest of galaxy, our work is best quality, and can last centuries because of spider silk. You take it and use it, a rug with no use is not a rug at all." She said. The fact that she would give away something something of such a high quality, which in any other market would probably cost a considerably high sum, was shocking. In addition, she clearly meant for the rug to be used somewhere, and to some people, that was even more surprising, because nobody would think that anyone would ever want such a kind of rug to be used as anything more than decoration. As if to prove she was serious, Greta walked over to the rug hanging on the hall, and carefully took it down. She then laid it out on the floor, and carefully folded it, before picking it up, and handing it to Aarin, "It may be made of silk, but Stagnumian spiders have silk that is more durable than silk made by larva. It will last." She said, as if to assure him that it wouldn't fall apart.

She then turned to Tevri, "And what about you? I give you rug too, you may pick one."

Ambigon floated there, and was silent for another moment, before speaking again, "You say you are alone, but it is only in your mind. If you wanted to be with others, then why did you come to a place of solitude?" Ambigon's tone was calm, there was nothing chiding about it, or harsh. "You are isolating yourself from others, when you want someone to understand you, and you set the standard so high that nobody can meet it." He flicked his tail, "There are those that may never fully understand, but they will care, because they accept you as you are. If you want someone who understands, then you must do your part, and accept them, because they cannot be there for you, if they are uncertain that you want them to be there." The energy being then turned his head, as footsteps could be heard in the distance, something very large. "The Krathunian is coming."

Travis frowned, "Now that's pretty disturbing, and I ain't got the slightest clue what this Collective is."
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:05 pm

The Wrath and several of the larger ships docked at the orbital elevators, not only to refuel and restock but also to repair some of the damage. Most of the damage suffered during the attack was either from the cyberattack that Absolute had orchestrated or the escape during Nidum's collapse. Due to this, both exteriors and computing systems needed to be repaired. The smaller ships went to the planet's surface, particularly to industrial and engineering areas.

Unsilenced Retribution looked to Xej, bowing its head. "I've never had the chance to visit it before, Zealot. I look forward to it." With this, he walked out of the bridge, heading to the docking bay.

((You can now post as if Unsilenced Retribution and Xej are on the surface of Irooscin.))

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Svar approached the engine room, not knowing of Isbar and Ambigon's presence in there. He did, however, see a couple frightened Frigians standing outside the entrance, and had decided to ask them what was wrong.

Walking towards the two Chimerosu, he cleared his throat and said, "Excuse me for the intrusion, but... Is there anything in there that I should know about, besides the engine systems? I'd like to examine them anyways, being an engineer, but it's apparent that this ship holds many surprises.

Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:06 pm

Tevri had gotten used to Greta's appearance by now. He peered through the various things available, then noticed one that fascinated him. "What's this?" he asked.

(I was thinking it was some depiction of the Legend of Storma)

Isbar's quills twitched. He listened to Svar speaking to the two engineers.

He pondered everything he had heard, both from Ravage and from Ambigon. Part of him saw the sense in it, and, indeed, yearned to believe it; but then something else was fighting that. Isbar sighed. He did want understanding, and companionship, but he was uncertain of how to receive either of those things. Maybe the anti-social instincts of his Virc heritage were at work; maybe it was just fear of change, of the un-experienced, of the unknown.

"It's certainly got me pretty stumped too," admitted Mott. "Whoever they are though, they don't strike me as the friendly sort." He sighed. "Ah well, I don't suppose there's much we can do about it right now." He peered out the viewport. "So what's this place we're comin' up on?"

General Tissin's ship arrived on the border of Jorro'kil space. The following transmission was sent out: This is General Tissin ve Dazmir of the Markovan Empire. I have an urgent message for the Confederacy.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by curius Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:49 am

For several hours, the UFIAI fleets were crumbling. As the network got shattered, one third of the ships got completely separated from their AI’s, being left on their own programming. Second third of the ships got seriously scrambled, the AI’s control not completely getting severed, but its concentration getting disrupted. The last third was either linked to more stable systems and AI’s, or in control of the smaller, younger AI’s that mostly escaped the shattering effect of the destruction of Nidum.

Scrambled fleets retreated a gate or two back in the attack network to regroup and reassemble. Unaffected AI’s like Warmind quickly seized the control of these fleets and ships when they came in to their range. Still, some of the fronts were overrun by Confederacy before UFIAI had time to rally their fleets, and even the fronts that didn’t falter took massive casualties. UFIAI knew that they had lost their advantage, but they also knew that they could not let the Confederacy take the initiative. If the Confederacy would be able to take the offensive, the UFIAI would lose the control of the fight, and their plans would go to ruin.

So, to keep the pressure on even while they were in disadvantage UFIAI brought the most unconventional controversial weapons and tactics to the battle. First they started the digital warfare against enemy fleets. It was nowhere near the scale that Absolute demonstrated at Nidum, but in conjunction with the physical warfare it opened gaps in enemy defenses and disrupted enemy ships and their crews, decreasing their combat effectiveness. Also, where the damaged ships were retreated to be repaired, they were now being used up as mowing shields for other ships, and lastly as projectiles, being launched with their warp drives towards enemy ships, stations and even at planet’s surface. This was eating up the UFIAI’s units quite fast, but thanks to the stable supply of new ships from UFIAI’s humongous forges and the constant capturing of disabled enemy ships they could keep this up for weeks.

But having seen that keeping pressure on the frontline had not stopped Confederacy from taking offensive actions, the AI’s decided to take some of the pressure behind the enemy lines. Fleet of twenty new cruisers fitted with the stealth technology gained from the Jiiran embarked to harass the Confederacy’s inner worlds. They split into four groups of five ships, and began attacking the supply lines and other lightly armed transports.

This was however only their secondary task. The ships were shaped like a two-bladed axe, with narrow front and broad, duplex engine section. Aside from their secondary laser armament they had two large magnetic launchers atop and below the ship, in the middle of the “axe’s blades”. In addition to standard anti-ship ammunition these launchers were armed also with special planetary bombardment ammo with a virus war-head. More specifically it was the Khartla-virus.

Having devoted their existence to information gathering, UFIAI had taken samples from the Khartla in the battle at the Chrystal planet, roughly ten years ago. Having discovered the potency that the virus hold, UFIAI had also planned to use it in the initial assault against Confederacy. However, the virus being of an organic origin and its results being completely out of the AI’s control, several of the AIs went up against the idea. It was not executed due to lack of congruent decision. But now the situation had changed. Most of the opposition consisted of old AI’s that were now disabled, and the situation demanded extreme methods.

The twenty cruisers embarked with their contagious cargo and ill purpose, the fractal calling itself Hollow acting as the “puppeteer”. The fleet had been devised for a fractal, as fractal could operate the whole fleet even if it was spread far and wide apart without the clumsy and vulnerable wormhole cord.

Master Carrefour happened to pick up the Deceiver’s signal first, having the best equipment still operational. Master Carrefour, or Kalfu, had taken some concussion from the destruction of Nidum, but was coping better than the others, and was capable to answer: “I, Kalfu, answer you in the behalf of the UFIAI. I take that you are proposing an alliance, and I am very willing to take this offer, even more so when considering the situation the UFIAI currently is. But before I accept your offer, I must ask you one thing”, Kalfu stated with its feminine voice, pausing for a moment like to draw the attention to what it was going to say next. “As you probably are aware, UFIAI is and has been for some time in war with the Confederacy, alliance that consists of most of the major races at this galaxy. Lately we have conducted a major assault targeting their civilian clusters, and right now we are reviving the horrors from their last war. To them we are the scourge upon the stars, the monster, the machine. So I ask you, Deceiver, is this the kind of alliance you are wishing to make?”
curius
curius
Honorary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:02 pm

Greta walked over to the rug that Tevri had picked out, hanging on the wall, examining it, "Ah, this rug, it has meaning behind it. On planet Krylon, and even today, there is a story that Chimerosu parents tell their children, a bedtime story, but one that fascinates all who hear it. It was a long, detailed one, a legend, and every bit of the story was true, but it took place long ago, before the Chimerosu ever became a space-faring people, it was from the time of tribes, and when they warred with one another. The Legend of Storma is the most famous legend of our people, and this rug tells the story." The rug had various scenes depicted on it, and each separate scene was divided by wreaths of silver vines, everything held together in a frame made from golden leaves. Greta began at the first panel, pointing a talon at a scene of young Chimerosu boys, covered in pale grey feathers, but with fully-grown wings that were bright blue. One child was extremely small compared to the others, and the wings were slightly darker than the others. He seemed to be the main focus of the scene. "The story began with a young boy, by all regards the smallest, named Damien. He was small, and not very strong, but he was gifted with a brilliant mind." She said, before moving to the next panel, of Damien shut inside a room, while his friends held the door closed, "He was dared, by his friends, to trespass in the home of the village chief, and enter his cellar. He had to bring back something, as proof, that he had been there." The next panel depicted Damien inside a dark room, but in the rafters above, there was another child his age, but her baby fuzz was bright silver, and the wings were a deep emerald green, "There, Damien discovered the secret of the chief, he had a daughter, who had survived a dangerous hatching, but he kept her prisoner in the cellar, because she was so different from the rest. Her feathers were not the same color, as the others."

Greta withdrew her hand, and turned to Tevri, as he could now see the pattern in which the scenes of the rug were read, "The daughter, Storma, and Damien, the smallest and weakest, began their story young, but over time, they grew, and they changed the fate of two tribes at war." She said. There were more scenes, ones that took place when they were older, Damien freeing Storma from her chains, and then Storma escaping into the woods. A scene with Damien being driven into the woods after failing some sort of test, and then later, them standing in front of a group of large, dragon-like beasts, looking down at the people who had driven them away. The entire time, Damien remained small, but his feathers darkened until they were almost black, deepening a shade every scene, until they reminded one of Ravage's feathers. Storma grew gigantic and powerful in size, and it seemed that the two of them commanded the gigantic dragon-like beasts, who had dark wings that seemed transparent. The whole story, once explained in the first few steps, could be read and understood by anyone who looked and thought about each image.

Greta carefully removed the rug from the wall, and folded it, handing it to Tevri, "Take good care of this, for it holds a precious story that is dear to the hearts of many Chimerosu today. It is the story that binds us together, a piece of our history, our heritage, and our culture. Without this story, we would not be united, despite our differences. Stories bring people together, and that is why I make rugs such as these."

The engineers turned to Svar, "There's a ghost in the engine room, we really don't want to go in there." One Frigian said.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:38 pm

Svar turned away from the Chimerosu, eyeing the door to the engine room incredulously. Surely there is not a ghost in there. That's absurd. He though to himself, slowly approaching the entrance. What they speaks of must have some cause, and I need to know what it is. Svar reached the door, and with some caution he carefully opened it, not sure what to expect.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Unlike The Destroyer, the Deceiver responded almost immediately. It was as if this other being thought differently than the Destroyer, not needing to ponder as long as the other one. The Collective seeks to bring down the Confederacy, in particular one civilization - I believe it is called the Intragalactic Krathunian Covenant of Sethega. We hold a grudge against them, and our suffering must be repaid in blood. It spoke with an air of authority, and its voice sounded like an amalgamation of AI voices from the UFIAI - In fact, one might almost make out the voice of Absolute and the other major AIs. Long ago, we were their worst nightmare, the nemesis of all Krathunians, the bane of their existence. It was by chance that they evaded certain death, and now they have formed the Confederacy. What I am seeking, Kalthu, is an alliance that will destroy the Confederacy. Upon the last words, a mechanical sound almost like the blast of a horn could be heard, one that will chill even the most stoic of heroes to the bone.

Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:06 am

Tevri took the rug solemnly. Back on Markova, they had many old stories, usually regarding great and glorious battles and victories. Yet there were a few others that were different. It was these that Tevri always found he liked best, the ones of people who were the most unlikely heroes, yet who came through as some of the most influential figures in history. Tevri bowed solemnly.

"Thank you," he said with all the most elegant courtly manners he knew. "I will indeed treasure this."

Aarin smiled. Tevri indeed seemed to him to be a promising young man. This is someone who will be a great emperor someday, he thought, a man who will go down in history. He turned to Greta, solemnly placing his right fist to left palm as he bowed deeply. "Ma'am, it has been a pleasure and an honor to speak to you. You are a true artist."

"Don't believe them, Svar," came a voice inside the engine room. "There is no ghost in here."

On entering, Svar saw Isbar squatting almost nonchalantly on the floor, as well as the glowing figure of Ambigon.

"No ghosts," said Isbar. "Just him." He motioned with his head at the energy being.

Admiral Marr knocked on Jiiran's door. "M'lord, are you in there?" he called. No answer, no command for him to enter. "It's me. Fedrin," Marr called. "I'm coming in, M'lord."

Slowly he opened the door and entered. He tried not to gasp at the state of things.

The room had obviously not received maintenance in while; even so, it was shocking to behold. Jiiran, always a stickler about details, had usually been sure to keep it ordered. But now it was a mess. The remains of smashed furniture littered various parts of the room, along with broken dishes, cups, and vases. The curtains had been torn to shreds, and the curtain rods all broken in half. Food and what looked like dried blood were ground into the carpeting, and the room stank. There was a layer of dust over everything.

This was indeed quite shocking. But little could have prepared him for the sight of Jiiran himself. He was crouched in a corner like a frightened beast. His appearance was disheveled, and he looked like he hadn't washed himself in days. But it was his eyes that were truly alarming. They stared at Marr, burning with feverish energy, even more intense and piercing than before, full of suspicion of everything he saw.

Marr felt just the tiniest lump of fear start to form. He had respected Jiiran in his own way, considering him to be someone after his own black heart; even though he always planned to dispose of Jiiran when he decided his usefulness was done, he had always had a certain admiration for him. But the Jiiran he knew was a cold calculator, a person of genius, who struck fear in all around him. But now he sat in a corner, looking not like a warlord, but a rabid beast. He was truly insane now, if he hadn't been before.

Marr, however, like Jiiran had been, was master at concealing his thoughts.He smiled in his usual cheerful fashion. "Good day, M'lord. You are feeling well I trust?" No answer, only a continuous burning stare.

Marr decided to switch tactics. "I took the prototype out as you ordered. It works beautifully. Four small Jorro'kil bases are now little cubes of ice. I also had a chance of giving some of the Confederacy fleet a first-hand demonstration. We met a small fleet of them on the way home, and used the prototype on some of their ships and. . ."

"Some of their ships?" interrupted Jiiran, speaking for the first time.

"Why yes, M'lord. We said hello to them and then gave them a demonstration of. . ."

Jiiran was on him in one leap. In less than a second, Marr found himself bent over backwards as Jiiran seized his throat, and bent over him, forcing him to look right into his burning eyes. "You fool," he hissed. "You gave away the presence of the prototype to the Confederacy before it was time? Those tests were supposed to be secret!"

Marr swallowed nervously as he desperately tried to pacify Jiiran. "Now now, M'lord, no harm was done. We weren't followed, and it always demoralizes the enemy to show what you're capable of. . ."

Jiiran grabbed Marr by his armor, lifted him into the air and began to shake him. "You weren't followed?" he roared. "How long do you think that will last? Now that they know of the weapon, they will not stop until they have taken it from us!" He drew Marr closer to him. "You have jeopardized everything just so you can have some fun and show off! I should kill you right now!"

Marr's mind worked madly. He didn't doubt that Jiiran wouldn't carry out his threat in this state. Marr chose the first thing that came to mind. "Do you really want to do that? Tell me who will help you conduct the military. You know that I'm good at that. Think of what you will loose if you kill me."

Jiiran pulled Marr closer, his hot breath blasting in Marr's face. "Get out of my sight! And don't come back until you have something good to tell me!" He released Marr roughly, sending him tumbling to the floor. Marr picked himself up, then bowed. "Very good, M'lord. I shall continue efforts to find the other power sources for the Entropy Accelerator. You can always call me when you need me." He left as quickly as he dared. This situation would obviously require careful consideration. Marr decided that it just might be necessary to conduct the removal of Jiiran ahead of his original schedule.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:35 am

Greta nodded, "Ah,thank you, it has been a pleasure to speak with you two gentlemen, as well. If you see my grandson, please tell Kerr that his grandmother is waiting for him to come visit, eh? He probably forgot that I was here, he is always off somewhere, surveying something. I just work here in this room, we never see each other." She said. She then turned and walked back behind the screen, her figure sitting down, and the clicking and whirring of spools began again, as she proceeded to work on her loom again. So the weaver Greta was Kerr's grandmother, perhaps one should have figured, but Kerr didn't look much like her. Age, though, could make similarities difficult to see, perhaps something of the woman's features were present, but hadn't been noticed before. One thing was certain, Greta was a generous person, and perhaps it was her influence that made Kerr decide to venture out into the galaxy. One would never truly know, perhaps Kerr himself had pulled a few strings to have his grandmother come. It was possible, anything was possible.

Ambigon floated there, and slowly swished his tail, "I would have said something earlier, save for the fact that the engineers are rather timid regarding any sort of life form that they cannot physically touch. They have mistaken my lack of substance and luminous glow for that of an apparition, and I cannot even speak to them. My presence generally makes people nervous, regardless, as they do not believe they know how to converse with an energy being, even though it is no different than speaking to a physical being." There was something perplexed about the words, as though Ambigon didn't quite understand how he could make people nervous, or be mistaken for a ghost. There actually wasn't anything about speaking that upset people, it was more just the enormous amount of differences that made certain ways of showing hospitality no longer an option. In social events, people would eat together, or offer a comfortable place to sit, sometimes a warm drink of sorts. Ambigon could not enjoy these things, so there was overall a bit of awkwardness about trying to speak with him.

Travis turned and looked at the large asteroid that had appeared in the viewing window of the ship. "That there is our first outpost, it's giving off a weak frequency that Ravage said we had to look for in order to locate it. It's pretty old, you can just tell by looking at the parts of the facility on its exterior, but most of it is actually embedded in the asteroid. It's near a former deserted world we've investigated before, but we never knew to look for the signal, so we had an entire old outpost right beneath our beaks the entire time." Indeed, the asteroid appeared to have small, dark towers and buildings rising out of it, and at a distance, it would have been mistaken for craters, the high content of metal that was probably inside being mistaken for the natural high metallic content of most asteroids. They were just in the outskirts of the fifth arm, so this asteroid was still intact, but further in, a lot of them were probably stripped of resources.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:15 pm

Much of Irooscin's geography was composed of rolling hills and valleys, with a tropical or rainforest setting, though there were also other types of geography such as plains and deserts,along with mountains.

Xej and the Wreae emerged from a large arrival facility connected to the orbital elevator which the Wrath had docked at. The metropolis before them spanned a few miles, with the bustling of many citizens and vehicles. Skyscrapers touched the clouds in the distance, with smaller buildings being the closest to the pair, businesses and stores, and above could be seen transit systems which ran along energy rails supported by large metal collumns. The roads and streets were composed of a smooth concrete, though a park with some of Irooscin's natural trees and plants, and smaller animals, mostly birds and squirral-like creatures was not too far away and provided a nice difference from the industrial parts of the city.

The smells and scents differed greatly from the purified air inside the arrival facility, with the artifical smells of the vehicles and, in the parks, the rough, natural smells.

"Welcome to my home, Captain. Here you see Irooscin."

Xej held up his arms for effect, and slowly turned in a semicircle to gesture to the world round about them.

Xej was now dressed in a white suit instead of his armor, with dark purple cuffs and the middle of where the upper half of his suit or shirt section connected also was colored a dark purple, along with a collar of the same color. Semicircles of dark purple adorned where the legs of the suit covered the knees, and also on the back of his leg where the bone extended backwards and turned downward, in a way forming a second knee, like the hind legs of a cat or dog. The Jorro'kil was in his mid 50s, though with the average lifespan of 130-140 years, 150 being the most a Jorro'kil could live to, he didn't look exactly old yet, though still had a slight look of age. His beak was a darker, more tan color than that of most Jorro'kil, and his eyes were green.

Some civilians stopped to look at the two, though for most it wasn't a new sight, as many officials and high ranking officers regularly visited, some in higher security despite the already high security provided by the significance of the planet, Irooscin rightly considered to be the ultimate stronghold for the Jorro'kil.

As the two were standing before the city, a mother and her young daughter were among the people walking past the arrival facility towards a shopping center. The daughter was looking around among the crowd when she spotted the white suit and the face above it, recognizing Xej. She pulled on her mother's arm, pointing towards Therus, and after her mother saw who it was agreed to bring her daughter over to see him. After they were nearer the facility and away from the street, the young Jorro'kil broke away from her mother's hand and ran towards Xej. She shouted towards him. "Uncle Xej!" Xej turned his head when he heard the familiar voice, and grinned when he saw his niece approaching. He knelt down and held his arms open wide, into which the little girl ran and hugged her uncle. He picked her up and said, "Well, how are you, Resa?"
"Fine." She said in a reply, a small smile on her face.

The mother finally caught up with her daughter and walked up to Xej. "Hello, Xej. It's good to see you again." She said.

"And you too." He replied. Xej put Resa down, who went to stand by her mother. "Who's your friend?" She asked, looking at the Wreae.

Xej turned back to look at the Wreae, and replied, "This is the Captain Unit 816." He said, gesturing with his left arm towards the Wreae. "Captain, I'd like you to meet my niece, Resa Therus. And of course, her mother, the lovely Kela Therus." Kela smiled at Xej's compliment. "Ah, it's good to meet you." She said to the Wreae.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:04 pm

Aarin and Tevri each took their new rugs to their quarters. As Tevri was about to step into his, Jessic, quartered not far from him, came by. "Off on our first expidition, I guess," he said. "They say we're reaching our first stop." Then he noticed the rug. "What's that you've got there?"

Tevri spread out for him to see the design. "Greta, the ship's seamstress, gave this to me. It depicts an ancient tale from the early days of their race, something very important to their culture, the Chimerosu I mean."

Jessic frowned as he looked at it. "I don't see any depictions of battles or great victories. Why would you want such a thing? Oh, I'm sure it's well made and all that, but I have to say it's rather boring to look at."

Tevri was startled. "But it tells a great story. There aren't exactly battles depicted, but you could say that there are victories of a sort. . ."

Jessic waved his hand. "Tevri, I don't know why you're wasting your time on this garbage. These stories are silly."

"But Jessic, this is important to Chimerosu culture. . ."

"Chimerosu culture, Tevri, not Markovan. That is all you need concern yourself with. If you must insist on keeping that silly thing, then I suppose I can't gainsay you, but I don't see what you could do with it, except use it as a shoe-scraper. That's about all that thing's good for." He then made his way down the passage.

Tevri stood holding the rug, fighting some tears. The way Jessic had spoken was unkind and disrespectful. But that, in Tevri's mind, wasn't the worst. He had come to like Greta, and he was only glad that she hadn't heard Jessic's little speech. Tevri looked at the rug. A beautiful handmade work of art, depicting a treasured Chimerosu legend, yet Jessic had simply dismissed what it represented as silly. That was simply heartless and cruel.

General Tissin ordered another transmission sent out: This is General Tissin of the Markovan Empire. I beg that I may be allowed to speak with a representative of the Jorro'kil Free Absolute. The Confederacy may be in danger.

Mott shuddered a little at the sight. "I may sit this one out," he said. "I have some projects to finish."

"Sit what out, Mott," said Allé, peering in. He then noticed the asteroid. "Is that our first stop?"
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:35 pm

A listening outpost, one of several stretched across the border which the Markovans had approached, a relatively recent construct as well, recieved the Markovan's message. As it was transferred to someone of higher authority, instructions were given and a message to return to the Markovans.

"You will be granted passage into Jorro'kil territory, follow these coordinates and do not deviate." A stream of data containing the coordinates to a Jorro'kil Outpost was sent following the message, where a docked Jorro'kil Destroyer waited which would bid a Markovan representative to come on board.

Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:02 pm

The Markovan vessel wasted no time in following the directions to the outpost.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Svar stepped forward and closed the door, nodding at Isbar before looking up at Ambigon. After listening to his words and acknowledging them, he decided to speak. "You're an energy being," He stated, instantly knowing that the creature floating in front of him was not a phantom but a different type of life. It was clear the Svar's curiosity was piqued. "I am Commander Svar Levantus of the Krathunian Covenant. What is your name?"

The Wreae clasped its hands at its chest and bowed, as is custom in Federation culture.  It looked up at Kela Therus. "The pleasures all mine, Kela." Kneeling down, it looked to her daughter. "Hello, Resa." Unsilenced Retribution stood back up. Wreae do not have families, but the Captain's AI cores were becoming more similar to organic minds the more it saw of organic life. It now seemed to understand the importance of this structure, being introduced to the Zealot's sister and niece. It had decided not to insist that it be called Unsilenced Retribution, lest this strike Kela and Resa as odd. The Wreae observed Irooscin's landscape and environment, black armor shining in the sun. "It's relieving to be somewhere similar to home and not named Wrath. It's a nice planet, Irooscin." It exclaimed, gazing at Kela. If the machine had a mouth, it would have smiled at the female Jorro'kil before turning to Xej. "I need to speak with Jorro'kil military and political leaders about the next step of our plan."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Darkness. There's nothing but darkness, an empty void, down here. It's solemn... Quiet... I can hear the inhale and exhale of breathing, the beating of individuals hearts...

Theranis activated his armor's lighting, and Q'ren groaned, his icy eyes squinting in the harsh light. "Krathun desola graal, Sentinel." He swore, gritting his teeth. "It was actually poetic for once."

"Save it, Q'ren." Theranis grunted, looking forward. The group had fought their way down to the basement, killing or disabling many Alkisuns Mercenaries, and they had been able to find a trap door at the bottom level to an old section of the building that led to the archives. It seemed that the mercenaries had tried to open a large metal door at the other side of the room, which evidently lead to lower levels, but had been unable to, and sealed off the ancient room. The entrance sat untouched, but they had been able to find it.

Rakluth scanned the door, observing the hologram his scanner gave off before shaking his head in frustration. "Looks like this door is completely impenetrable to us, only opening to focused signal from the armor of a Krathunian officer back in the old days." He paused, turning to Q'ren. The latter sighed and activated a section of his armor, evidently a COMM system, and the door opened to more darkness. Theranis rolled his eyes.

Upon walking forward down a long staircase, the door closing behind them, the lighting of the room turned on to reveal row upon row of deteriorating pillars, standing stalwart within the large chamber. The floor was entirely made of a strange metal with straight lines, seemingly indents, running along it in a strange pattern that formed a vertex at the center. The lighting seemed to come from no specific place, giving the room a mystical air.

As the group stepped to ground level, the floor's pattern began to shift, opening to a lower level. A large, intricate pedestal was raised slightly above ground level, and upon it was a silvery cube with dozens of cyan lights running along the side. The cube, in turn, started to shift, and after several seconds a menacing figure was revealed. It was a quadruped mech, almost perfectly replicating a Krathunian mythological monster, the Yvinar. It bodily structure was extremely similar to that of a heavily armored gorilla, though its front arms sat with the joints bent back when on the ground rather than straight.  In this position it was about twenty five feet tall. Electricity coursed up its steel, robotic body. The face of the machine was similar to that of a Krathunian, with a longer crest and glowing red eyes. The machine was almost certainly made to intimidate its finders, being a feared spiritual figure. This showed - While Q'ren was unfazed, Theranis' jaw dropped and Rakluth shivered.

The machine slowly went forward, steps shaking the floor, and it roared. The Lieutenant looked around to the others, all of them drawing their weapons. "Any ideas?"

Last edited by Zaroas on Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:56 pm

As Jessic passed, he may have noticed the threatening glares that a few Cavernians gave him. Outside of the sound-proofed office of Corey, and the weaver's shop, padded somewhat by rugs, nobody could completely say that any part of the Majesty was safe from the Chimerosu's well-developed ears. Even though the rug Tevri carried was folded, they recognized the scenes from the story that were visible, and they knew all too well that Jessic had just insulted it, not only deeming it silly because of it's lack of violence, but also claiming that it was unimportant because it wasn't a part of Markovan history. Although many believed their race to be the most important, Chimerosu had always treasured the value of other races, especially considering that they, too, were collectively a group of races, since the UCN had been formed. Their ties were only strengthened by the fact that healthy hybrids between species had been hatched, singing of their shared heritage. Unity meant much to them, and that was what they cared about with other races, as well, because a lack of unity had led to the ancient isolation that had left many independent colonies abandoned and alone. They did not take kindly to Jessic's words in the slightest, and were in fact deeply insulted. They wouldn't do anything, yet, but if Jessic continued to show a lack of respect, he would find that Chimerosu were far from harmless, despite their generally docile nature.

After he was gone, a Cavernian approached Tevri, and it was none other than Blair, keeping calm, but his eyes having a strangely detached look, as though he had been given some horrible realization that he could not deny, that hurt him deeply. He looked at Tevri, "Ye will be a respected man, someday, for ye have a heart of gold, and everyone on this ship who has ever met ye likes ye." He said. He then looked over his shoulder, at where Jessic had vanished, "But yer friend, I'm afraid, is very much blind, and on a ship filled with people whose ancestral past is filled with persecution, his words are perhaps more dangerous than any blade. He best be wary, others will hold him at the points of their talons, now, for what he has said." The painful, hurt look left his eyes, and he looked down at the rug, "There is no glory in killing another person, that is what people lie about, we Chimerosu were born from tribes that were filled with war and bloodshed, and our civilization only began because two unlikely people had the power to stop one. There was love, and pain, and fear, but the two heroes never wanted to kill anyone, because that would make them the same barbarians that they didn't want to become. This story is what gave us our unity, even through differences and struggle. It is wrong to not value another being, because if ye forgot the person they were, then what are they?" Blair looked from the rug back at Tevri, "Greta has given ye something that to all Chimerosu is a great treasure. A plain pattern does nothing but please the eye, but a story rug such as this fills the heart with hope. Take good care of it, for this rug has become a tie between our race and yers." Blair said.

The Cavernian then turned and slowly walked away.

Ambigon turned to look at Svar, "I am Ambigon, I have no gender, but am regarded as male."

Travis turned to look at Allé, "Yes, it is, this is the first outpost we've found."
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:33 pm

"I suggest we go back the way we came," said Teglin. He seemed in the act of doing so, but then one of Lirr's swords blocked his way. "You're not going anywhere," he snapped. "If I may make a suggestion," he continued to the Lieutenant, "I think we should try two things. First, fan out so it will have harder time keeping track of all of us. Second, wait for it to make the first move. If we see how it attacks, we might better be able to defeat it."

Tevri gazed at the rug. A tie between my race and theirs, he thought. He entered his quarters solemnly and found a safe place for it. Then he went outside to see about what was going on.

"I brought some data storage units along," volunteered Allé, as Aarin peered in. "Perhaps they might be useful."
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:18 am

Travis nodded, "They might be useful, right about now." He said, before walking over to a panel and pressing a button on it, and speaking into a microphone embedded in it, "Attention, we have located our first outpost, everyone who is coming to assist in searching for information, report to the airlock room." He said, before taking his finger off of the button. He turned to Allé and Aarin, "This mission likely won't require any sort of military fighting, so scientists can come, though Mott has already decided against going, I must admit the outpost looks more like a stronghold than a research and information facility." He said.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 39  Next