\| Divided Paths |/ - Chapt. 3 - Resolute - Biome (IC)

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

| Divided Paths |/ - Chapt. 3 - Resolute - Biome (IC)

Post by Whos on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:57 pm

Ruthless Galaxy                  
                Divided Paths

The rain poured down on the streets, lightposts struggling to shine through the downpour. A solitary figure sprinted down a sidewalk, clutching his coat, trying to keep as dry as possible.

A hovercar slowly moved past him, its lights shining through the rain, the wipers on the front windshield moving furiously.  

The Jorro'kil hurried to turn a corner, and walked up to an apartment, indistinguishable from the next buildings save for a number and its reputation. The building was a dark silver, though it looked much darker than it actually was during the nighttime rain.

He slid a digital key across a special metallic bar, and was granted access to the building. He quickly stepped in, and slid his key across a bar on the inside to shut and lock the door behind him. He tossed his wet coat onto a row of hooks on the wall adjacent to him.

Several Jorro'kil crowded in the hall, coming to greet him.  "I'm glad you're back, some of us were getting agitated that we couldn't start." Said one of the Jorro'kil, who looked back at one of the others, a younger Kil who looked down at the floor in a bid to avoid embarrassment.

"That's fine, I understand. I would not want to wait either." Said the one who had just come in.

"I've made ready the event, everything is set now. All we must do is rehearse our roles in it." He said.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

You may now post to advance the plot.

Last edited by Whosman on Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:01 pm; edited 14 times in total
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Re: \| Divided Paths |/ - Chapt. 3 - Resolute - Biome (IC)

Post by Vara Lord on Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Najii blinked in the pouring rain. He was here to collect any information on the Jorro'kil he could, and samples if he could. He just hoped no one would notice the rain running off him; even with a cloaking device, one couldn't change the laws of physics.

It was then he noticed the Jorro'kil. Hurrying along in the rain, the individual in question hurried up to a building, and slid a digital key across the metallic bar. Najii knew that if he was to take advantage of this, he would have to act quickly. As the Jorro'kil entered, Najii rushed up, squeezing through and just missing have his tail closed in the door. Hurrying into a corner, he began to listen in, hoping no one would notice the water gathering on the floor.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:28 pm

The drowned out light in the street created a dreary mood in the pouring rain as a procession of Krathunians walked through it. The rather tropical climate made the humid air uncomfortable but the group moved forward. They were composed primarily of politicians, on their way to a meeting. In the front, sides, and back were soldiers present for security, though as to not incite any sort of panic their weapons were hidden, stored within their midnight black armor. The group was attempting to be subtle, as unwanted attention was unnecessary for them. The Krathunians moved rapidly, eager to find shelter from the crashing rain, not knowing what would happen to them that night.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sentinel Nvarn Reventus slowly inhaled with pleasure as he stepped off of the shuttle platform. The Sentinel enjoyed the rain, finding it to be a good change of pace from the snowfall of Krathunian worlds. Nvarn was there for a meeting with Jorro'kil officials on recent insurgent and purist activity within the Confederate colonies. Nvarn was glad to work with the Jorro'kil - not because of their origins, but due to finding most of them to be humble, honorable individuals. The Sentinel started to walk through the streets, the rain not affecting his hearing nor his sight. Reventus was a cyborg, augmented with machinery to heighten his senses, enhance his speed, and strengthen him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:11 pm

Velsen moved forward into the living room of the apartment, as did the other Jorro'kil.

"My brethren, tonight, we make the course of history." He said, as the other took seats in the large rectangular room. A holographic projector stood at the back wall, what one could consider a TV. Pictures of Velsen's family hung on the walls, and a painting of the Jorro'kil Army crushing alien opposition on a foreign battleground hung next to several of the family photos.

"I'll go over the plan one more time." He said.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Straus looked out a window of the Complex in which the Krathunians would soon be staying for the meeting. His dark armor made little reflection and hid him from being easily spotted from the outside. The rain pelted the window, the night ever increasing the solemness as the Strike Trooper continued to stare out. A smooth stone wall surrounded the Complex buildings, and soldiers stood guard at the entrances, barely moving, illuminated only by a light from the nearby entrance porch.

All was quiet....for the moment.

Last edited by Whoster on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

I can multitasking - Prussian

I actually was busy trying to get more gonger ale - Prussian

Also...just because you rescued a male chick and called him Kevin, doesn't mean I care. - ViperaUnion

But in retaliation, I'm going to add all your typoes to my sig. - Prussian

It's not a horror game, it's more of a pussle - Prussian

Follow the Bloody Brick Road - Prussian

Shut your skittley little mouth - Darkel

I'm actually quite humble, I just love to mess with scurbs. - Canis_dirus

Whos : Ah, I like my bleach straight..

curius : In the eyes
"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:18 pm

Najii's ears perked up. Clearly something quite important was taking place. He listened carefully.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zandoo on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:47 am

On the Nisip Homeworld...

Suflet Călit stood at a wooden podium, outlooking the vast desert that gave a view of the city in the distance. He was on a stage with a wide curtain behind him. Nearly 100,000 soldiers stood in front of him, a massive audience just out of the arena. It was his job to deliver a speech to these newbies, to give them a little words of inspiration and admiration for their effort.

He doesn't understand why though... He worked just as hard as they did, if not harder! Nobody in this batch will become a general like he, so why should he congratulate them on their 'hard work'? Nevertheless, it is tradition. He tapped a microphone, sending out little bits of sound from the speakers behind him.

He cleared his throat, put on a warm face, and spoke to the men, "My fellow nisip! I am proud to see so many more of us in our gigantic army! Each and every one of you fight for the safety of our empire, keeping it safe from a repeat of our dark past.You have worked hard since you were infants, but the schooling and training has come to an end.

"Now, you enter a new stage of your life! A stage where you may casually stroll between our two planets and look out for possible threats and when the need arises, destroy them! Some may think that a mere 100,000 won't make a difference to our massive army, but I say it does! 

"You all have the potential to be the one. The one who saves our race single-handedley from an alien threat! Despite evidence, some still scoff that they are out there. I can assure you that aliens are real, my brothers. We do not know to the full extent of what they are capable of, but I am sure their technology will far surpass ours. But do not worry. With brave men like you, our empire shall stay safe for many more years to come. Without further ado, I present to you, your very own ships!"

At those last words, the curtains fell, revealing a very large array of military ships, each containing the best quality armor and weapons the factories could provide. Their greatest weapon (To The Nisip at least) is their massive rotating cannon which shoots exploding projectiles from it at a rapid rate. Or to put it in simpler terms, a minigun that shoots missiles.

The soldiers excitedly ran to the ships, choosing which looked the best even though they were all the same. Like children, the soldiers went inside and gushed over the insides of their ship. Leather seats, a TV, and best of all, a cup-holder.

The General waited at the stage as his soldiers took off into the sky to fly their ships into a ring around the homeworld and the second world, which is just another planet the Nisip have colonized. More ships were quickly placed on the ground behind the stage and the curtain was pulled back up. Another group of soldiers would come in about ten hours.
Zandoo
Communist Dictator of Equestria

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:13 pm

Kesh Pol and the others in his unit had been walking for about forty-five minutes since landing on Teren Aspru.

"Sand. So much sand." He noted, the environment consisting mainly of sand, as far as they had seen.

"But warm." Said one of the others. "Yes, that is good." Kesh Pol replied. After continuing to walk for another sixteen minutes, one of the explorers almost shouted, "Look! Buildings! Lots of buildings!" He said, observing a far-off settlement.

"Hm." Kesh put his hand up to the bottom edge of his mask. "We go in quietly, observe inhabitants."

""Kesh." Said one of the Nevarzians. "Do we friend, or foe?"

"We see." He replied. The group continued on towards the buildings.

Also...just because you rescued a male chick and called him Kevin, doesn't mean I care. - ViperaUnion

"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zandoo on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:49 pm

As soon as the Nevarzians entered the city, all activity on the small street stopped. All the Nisip walking with groceries, or buying from a vendor, or chatting about their newest combat moves suddenly stopped.

The hundreds of Nisip just stared, aghast at these aliens. One Nisip, who was hanging a wet towel on a clothesline, dropped said towel onto the ground. Nearly an entire minute they just stared before bursting into a collective scream of panic. Multiple fruits and meats were dropped as they ran to their homes, kicking up quite a bit of dust.

Once reaching a home, the Nisip would slam their door and lock it and shove a sofa or two infront of it and peek out of their blinds. Some would pick up their phones to call the military and others would do the same but misdial and call something completely different.

Suflet Călit himself got a call and answered his phone with a friendly, "Hello?"

A loud shout nearly made him drop his phone, "We have all gotten over a hundred calls from the citizens on Teren Aspru about ALIENS! Do you hear me Suflet Călit? ALIENS! The rest of us generals are too busy on planet two to help deal with issues that I don't feel like listing! Get your organ sac over to the city and DEAL WITH THE PROBLEM!"

The other general quickly hung up before Suflet Călit let out a sigh. He hopped in his Sand Crawler, which ironically hovered instead of crawled. He slammed a hand down on the "Fast" button to get to the city as soon as possible.He cranked it up to "Very Fast" and ended up crashing into a building in the bazaar.

Thankfully he was saved by the magic of airbags and flopped out of the vehicle's top and landed onto the ground face-first. He spit out some sand and apologized to it before dusting himself off as he got up. He looked around, still a bit dazed from the crash.

He found the aliens and mustered up his courage to walk over and speak to them with his hands held out in a friendly gesture, "Hello aliens! We are the Nisip! We welcome you to planet! We are peaceful!" O

nly a half second after he finished talking, a nuclear explosion went off far in the distance. Far away enough to do no harm, and the radiation will quickly be sucked into the center of the planet because that is just how the sand is. Likely why everyone doesn't get sunburn.
Zandoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:22 am

The Markovan vessel Seeker was on an exploratory mission in that particular quadrant of the Galaxy, when their sensors picked up the homeworld of the Nisip. Captain Terrin vas Kettli examined the readings before giving the order to alter course for the planet. He then made the announcement: "Attention! This is the Captian speaking. Sensors have picked up a new planet that seems to be inhabited by a space-fairing race. and we are altering course to investigate. All personal on deck."

Hissin de Teriz sighed as he put his book down. He took up a sword (which he barely used) and holstered it to his shoulder horns, and then, picking up his plasma rifle, hurried to the main deck.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:59 pm

"When our spy informs us of the Krathunian's arrival, this is how things will play out." Said Velsen.

"Several of you will go to the entrance, and act as if two or more of you were assaulting the another. Make enough noise to draw attention from the guards, say whatever you can to draw them out." He said to one group of Jorro'kil, who were sitting next to the Holoscreen.

"While this is happening, one of you will throw an EMP grenade into the doorway, disabling all alarm systems and nearby cameras, and if any guards remain, their Power Armor will become useless and heavy, and their HUD will make them blind. Quickly run past inside the building, make sure you are equiped with the special weapon. You must then find the room with the Krathunians, use the weapon to knock them unconscious, and our spy will help you take the bodies out of the building and into a vehicle, where they can be taken to our facility." He said.

"Does everyone understand?" They all nodded.

"Good. Now I-" His wrist COM beeped. He flicked a digital button on the screen, which allowed the call to come through.

"They are here." Said a soft female voice.

Arkel looked up to the others. "Get ready." He said.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Kesh glanced over in the direction of the Nuke, but quickly returned his attention to Suflet Călit. He held out a grasper to the Nisip, offering his handshake. "I am Kesh Pol, Nevarzian. We have come to see your planet." He said.

"We were not sure if there were inhabitants here, so much sand." He said.

"Where can we talk private?" Kesh looked around at the buildings, and while the streets were now empty he knew the people would still be watching.

"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zandoo on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:48 pm

"Private?" repeated Suflet Călit. He let out a nervous laugh and said, "Of course! Of course! Here, we can take a ride in my Sand Cr-"

His sentence was cut off short when he realized he destroyed his Sand Crawler which promptly blew up at that moment. "I... I can assure you this doesn't happen often," Suflet Călit said, "wait here just a second."

He looked around for a bit until he saw a garage connected to someone's home. He knocked on their door and was quickly shoved inside before the door was slammed shut once again. "Gah! What are you doing," he yelled.

One of the residents spoke up with a slight stammer, "I'm sorry, I thought you wanted to hide here like th-"

Suflet Călit cut them off and screamed, "No you idiot! I did not want to come in! I wanted you to open the garage! Without me out there, who knows what those aliens will do!? They might steal something or plot our enslavement all because of you!"

And with that, he left the building as the poor resident scrambled to open their garage from the inside. Suflet Călit gave a nervous smile as he gestured towards the Sand Crawler inside, "After you."

Suflet Călit knew the perfect place where they could talk in private. Nobody should be at the stage for another two hours or so, just enough time for the new soldiers to arrive if the general dies at the hands of these aliens.
Zandoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:25 pm

Najii fairly shook with delite as he heard the Purists' plot unfold. What an opportunity this was! Obviously this was some disgruntled faction that didn't like the way things were going. Chaos galore! What better way to bring down an Empire than division.

Four Markovans were in a room waiting. One of them, General Tissin de Dazmir, glanced around at one of the Markovans tapping their fingers on a table. To anyone who didn't know about Markovans, this particular individual would look strange, being a head taller than any of the others, broader hipped, and, unlike the elaborate twisted shoulder horns possessed by the others, this individual had short horns that were only slightly curved. Few people outside the Markovan Empire saw female Markovans, since they usually weren't involved in military affairs; this one, however, Nazzi se Ginnri, was a notable exception.

"Patience, Ma'am," said Tissin to the Markovan. "Our turn will come soon enough."

Nazzi sighed. "I know," she said. Getting up she walked to one end of the room, and began studying a picture on the wall in an idle sort of way. After a moment, she spoke.

"I cannot help being impatient. We have wanted a more official alliance with the Confederacy for awhile now, and everyone was rather disappointed when it didn't happen right away. I know I was, and I rather wish I had been sent. Still, I guess expecting immediate results wasn't particularly realistic."

She turned around. "Still, the news you brought about this new threat, the Vrentus Collective, gives even more reason why we should have some stronger ties to the Confederacy. As a whole, everyone will benefit with greater strength to fight against them."

Tissin nodded. "True. Still, we must be patient. Since we are in their territory, we need to do things on their own terms, if we wish to come to any kind of agreement."

Nazzi nodded. "Of course, of course. I see what you mean. I'll try to be more patient, though I must say, this waiting is starting to get to me. I feel like I need to do something useful."

The Seeker was now within sight of the Nisip homeworld. Quick scans gave them some information on the alien ships patrolling the area. Captain Terrin sniffed as he read the reports. "Not much of a fleet. A good squad of Markovan battleships could wipe the floor with those puny things."

Hissin sighed. Why did Captain Terrin always have to think of things in terms of violence?

Terrin turned and glared at the assembled crew. "I heard that!" he growled.

"Shall we contact them, Sir?" asked the helmsman.

"Of course, dimwit!" snapped Terrin. The following transmission went out: On behalf of the Markovan Empire, we greet you. We are an exploratory vessel on a mission of discovery. We come in peace.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Before stepping in, Kesh Pol looked around at the five others with him.

"You and you." He pointed to two of the others. "Come with me. Rest of you, stay behind and watch."

He walked up closer to the other three and spoke in a low tone, so Suflet Călit would not hear.

"If you recieve no word from me in hour and a half, you have permission to kill the populace." They nodded.

"We are coming." He said to the Nisip. He and the other two explorers stepped inside the Sand Crawler.

"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zandoo on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:27 pm

Suflet Călit jumped in after them and sat at the healm of the controls. He was still a bit nervous about being alone with them, but they didn't seem all that bad. He set the Sand Crawler on "KINDA FAST" which had it going at about 100 miles per hour. Once out of the city, he let the controls go to turn around at those inside the Sand Crawler with him.

"I want to apologize for our rude introduction," he said, doing his best not to sweat from anxiety, "we are just a bit wary of outsiders, as the last non-Nisip species we encountered were not the kindest. I can assure you, we are much better than the explosions you have seen."

The stage quickly came into view as Suflet Călit lowered the speed until they came to a gentle halt. "So," he said, "what is it that you wanted to talk about?"

Meanwhile, in orbit around Teren Aspru...

Salată was not told of the new alien arrival, in fact, she had been sleeping for about a day or two now. She was up for nearly a week, reading a book titled, "Being a General For Dummies".

Her nap was interrupted by a transmission to her ship. Any transmissions sent to the Nisip are taken in turns between the generals most of the time, and it seemed to be hers. She groggily woke up and rubbed her eye. With a loud yawn she listened to the transmission.

The crust in her eye literally flew off as she fell backwards. She started screaming, forgetting nobody was with her, "Aliens! I discovered aliens! And before that Suflet Călit twit too! Ha ha!"

She remembered from her book on what buttons to press. She even put stickers on the buttons to help her out incase she forgot. The one with the pink unicorn was the send transmission button. She clicked it before clearing her throat and said, "Hello! Hola! We are the Nisip! I am glad to welcome you to our empire! We make awful slaves!"

She nervously and eagerly waited for their response.
Zandoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:50 pm

Nvarn walked forward, eyeing the Complex from a distance as he strode casually towards it. His energy shielding was rather sensitive even when at a low level, and with each drop of rain a sound similar to the crackling of electricity could be heard. Unlike other officers within the military, his armor glowed with a deep red hue at the lights, and was modified to seem slightly lighter than others, though it was still relatively heavy. The armoring was very intricate, parts of it could be compared to the billowing of black smoke. His helmet was on - Oddly enough, it showed no visible opening or transparent material to allow him to see, but a straight plate where the eyes were. Underneath the helmet Nvarn could see perfectly fine - His augmented eyes, which were luminescent with red lights and what seemed to be a cyber grid, allowed him to see through the specially made material.

Nvarn approached nonetheless, still several minutes away at this pace (If he wanted to, the Krathunian could walk at a much faster pace, though he didn't want to attract attention). He was eager to meet with the Jorro'kil on the situation at hand.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ilinya gripped her particle rifle, gasping for breath as she sat behind the cover of the husk of a Federation tank. Explosions, both distant and close, sounded and sometimes shook the area. She looked to her left to see a heavily armored Wreae grasping a plasma cannon. Ilinya leaned to the edge of the destroyed vehicle and quickly poked her head out to observe what was beyond. Several UFIAI drones were guarding a radio beacon tower, one of the only fully intact structures. The machines seemed to have hacked into the system and were attempting to use the beacon. Ilinya went back behind cover, looking to the Wreae, as she received several messages on her HUD. "The others are at the flanking position. Ready?" She asked, gripping the rifle tightly. The machine nodded, and the plan went into action.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:06 am

Hello! Hola! We are the Nisip! I am glad to welcome you to our empire! We make awful slaves!

The last line left the Markovans rather confused for a minute, but Captain Terrin then took of the situation. "We are the great and mighty Markovan Empire. (Brother, thought Hissin, what a terrible diplomat he is!) Who is in charge of this world?"
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:15 pm

Kesh Pol and the two others climbed out of the hovercraft without answering, and walked up on the stage. After looking around for a moment, he turned back to Suflet Călit, his mask reflecting the sun.

"We must talk about your civilization and ours. And trade, perhaps you have goods we can trade for our own." He said, gripping his weapon.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Straus awaited the Krathunian who was to come and help oversee the meeting security, and also to discuss matters of recent Purist activty within Ekest. Straus had no respect for the radicals, believing that all can have honor and worth regardless of race. Straus knew about the Karthla's assault on Ekest in 9,996, and strongly believed this to be the reason behind the hatred for aliens of the local Purist group's leader, Velsen Arkel.

Xuvehr pondered this, thinking to himself. "Ze Karthla vere indeed a scourge, but zat is vere zey make zeir mistake, not all other life is a scourge..."

The Purist group moved quickly to put on their rain protection, and hurried to unlock the door of the apartment. Everything had to be precise, no flaws could be allowed to break the plan. Four of the Jorro'kil hurried off towards the Complex, while others slowly followed, going to watch the plan play out from a distance.

Once the three reached the outside of the Complex, near a gate, one of them let out continuous screams for help in the direction of the nearest building's entrance, while the other two beat on him, landing real punches but being careful to not overdo the attack. Many feet away, two Jorro'kil sat at a bus stop, watching with the magnification feature of a civilian model HUD Frame.

Standing within the shadows, the fourth one of the group sent to carry out the plan, a younger kil, stood by a small collection of trees, near the gate which leads to the Complex building entrance. He held an EMP grenade, contraband for civilians, to disable any security systems at the door once the distraction goes into effect. It would also disorient any guards by disabling their HUDs and Power Armor, and during this effect the Jorro'kil would run past the guard and inside to find the Krathunian representatives.

"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:19 pm

When the Purists left the building, Najii wasted no time following them. Hurrying out into the rain, he followed them as closely as he dared, until they seemed to have reached their destination. At this time, he spotted a tree. Scrambling up with natural agility, he poised himself overhead, taking careful note of everything that happened.

Inside the waiting room of the building, the four Markovans started up. Was that the sound of someone screaming outside? Nazzi quickly went to the door, calling to a Jorro'kil who happened to be passing by.

"Pardon me, Sir, but I think I hear screaming outside. Someone might be in trouble. Can we assist?"
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:31 pm

The guards, four in total, heard the scream. They quickly conversed, planning on their actions. Two of the guards activated their weapon spheres and held them at ready while two remained unarmed save preparing to activate their melee weapons. They stepped outside, looking around. Two of them went off to investigate the scream, slowly approaching the source. The other two stood attentively at the entrance of the Complex.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nvarn heard the scream from the distance he was at, his augmentations allowing for increased hearing. He chose not investigate, knowing that he was already somewhat late and that the meeting was more important for his time than whatever had occurred. He continued on towards the Complex, not seeing the guards who exited.

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:28 pm

After the two guards left the gate and were a long enough distance away, the Purist in hiding quietly sprinted up to the gate, peered around, primed the EMP grenade, and tossed it towards the two remaining guards at the entrance.

The Jorro'kil listened for the detonation, and upon hearing it sprinted in the gate and past the two stunned guards. He ran inside, and down the corridors, checking rooms for the Krathunians. Most of them were empty. However, one of them held the Markovan ambassadors, and upon seeing them promptly shut the door. Several doors down, however, he opened a door to reveal the Krathunians. He walked in and shut the door behind him. Unslinging a weapon that looked very much like it was cobbled together and made from spare parts, he pointed the weapon at the Krathunian Ambassadors, and fired. Bolts of electricity extended from the muzzle as they coursed along a wire frame extending down the barrel of the gun, from a chamber several inches apart from the weapon's trigger. A square peice of metal was placed between the energy chamber and the trigger, to prevent the user from being affected by the electricity when the gun was fired.

It was powerful enough to disable the Krathunians and knock them unconscious, but not kill them. They collapsed and lay on the floor, twitching.

Another Jorro'kil came in the room, the Purist's spy. She quickly helped the other Purist to drag the bodies out, working as fast as possible. They pulled them out a door at the back of the room, down a flight of stairs, where waited two large metal carts, which the two Jorro'kil put the unconscious ambassadors in, in these carts they were brought outside into a motorpool, where hovering transport trucks stood, one of them ready for the load of Krathunians.

"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Nazzi was confused at the Jooro'kil's behavior. Rather than answering her, she had continued on her way, rather hurriedly. Nazzi felt something was going on. As she went back in, she paused. That was odd. Had she just felt a breeze going by? She went back into the room. And waited a moment.

She stood up suddenly. Was that the sound of something heavy falling, like a body? Unable to stand it any longer, she called General Tissin and went out of the room.

Najii had watched the Purists incapacitate the Krathunians guards outside. When the Purist entered the building, he dropped from his perch and followed him in. The Purist was out of sight, but another Jorro'kil, a female, was hurrying in the obvious direction of where the Purist might have gone. He quickly followed her, freezing suddenly. A door had opened, and a female Markovan stuck her head out and called to the Jorro'kil; however, the Jorro'kil ignored her and kept going.

Not wanting to lose sight of his quarry, Najii rushed past the Markovan, who paused slightly as he did so. Following the Jorro'kil into a room, he spotted the female, and the one male who he had been following originally. On the floor were the stunned Krathunians.

This is indeed getting interesting, he thought. He followed the Jorro'kil as they dragged their burdens down the steps, and outside. He followed them all the way to the transport trucks. One glance told him further following at this point was out of the question. Ducking behind some cover, he took a small handgun from his belt. Taking aim at the one truck that carried the Krathunians, he fired. A tracking device shot out from the gun, and latched onto the truck, where it promptly began providing information to a another device that Liirlith carried.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zandoo on Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:15 pm

Suflet Călit had hopped out of the Sand Crawler as the aliens did. He heard them and grew a bit nervous (Even more so than he already is) when he noticed one gripping their weapon. He started to sweat just a little, one would say it was the heat if it weren't for the fact that the Nisip were used to it.

He could probably guess trading with them was the best idea in this situation. What could he offer though? Technology? Art? He guessed these aliens had better technology than the Nisip and likely did not care for their art. Far off in the distance he saw a small shilloutte that belonged to that of a Vii. The idea smacked him right in the face, food!

Nothing tasted better than grilled Vii meat, at least not that Suflet Călit knew of. He smiled and asked, "Perhaps we could offer you food? We could definitely grill some delicious Vii meat for ya." Suflet Călit held a hopeful smile, perhaps these aliens aren't interested in enslaving the Nisip species after all.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Salată seemed a bit confused at the question. Her confusion wiped away most of the fear she had. Why would someone be incahrge?

"In charge? Nobody is in charge. I suppose us generals have some authority, but we aren't incharge. Everybody seems to just stick to tradition and not murder each other. Though then again there was that one time..."

She started to ramble on and on about meaningless things that eventually had nothing to do with the original topic of discussion.
Zandoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:26 pm

As Nvarn got closer, he noticed the Krathunian guards at the entrance, disoriented and in pain from the EMP blast. Dread rose up in his mind, developing many of his other emotions. He sprinted towards the building, his cybernetics allowing him to move at an incredibly fast pace. The rain streamed off of him and puddles dispersed with each step. Soon, he was at the entrance to the Complex. The two guards were still dazed - One of them stood, holding his helmet in pain, the HUD glitching and causing his head to burn. The other Krathunian was at his knees, parts of his heavy armor suddenly too heavy for him - The same had happened to him with the HUD, though he had been able to get the helmet down. It was a double whammy, and the Krathunian felt sick. Nvarn grabbed the one near to the floor and stood him up, the Sentinel's head gear retracting.

The other Krathunian, startled, looked into the Nvarn's eyes and suddenly realized what had happened. "Sentinel Nvarn Reventus..." He started, attempting to stand up straight and salute. However, his mind suddenly numbed from the HUD glitch from earlier, and he grasped the side of his head.

"It's OK, soldier." Nvarn said, putting a hand of reassurance on the other's shoulder. "What happened?"

"We were standing guard for the council," the other Krathunian stated, rubbing his forehead. "Suddenly, there was screaming outside, and the four of us went to deal with it. Two of us stayed here, and the others went to the source. Then, there was a blast from a grenade, coming from behind us, I think..." He trailed off, closing his eyes in pain. "It was an EMP. We were stunned, I was lucky to get my helmet down in time..."

Nvarn nodded, looking around the scene. "Thank you." He helped the other Krathunian, lifting his upper body and dragging him to the side of the building, where he was seated in a more comfortable position. The one he had spoken to went to help the other guard. Nvarn rushed back to the entrance, quickly allowing machinery at the front of the building to scan for authorization to enter before he burst through the entrance.

Upon entering, he encountered the Markovan representatives. He assumed Straus was in a different room, as he could not see the Jorro'kil in the immediate vicinity. His eyes scanned the room for lifeforms, with a recognition software. It identified the two Markovans, drawing from Confederacy databases, though he did not bother to address the two with their names as to not incite suspicions. Rather, he hastily spoke, not bothering with traditional greetings. "What happened here?" He asked.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ilinya and the Wreae stood up from their cover, going around the sides of the vehicle. The machine's shoulder mounted particle beams activated, centering in on the two nearest drones, while its plasma cannon burst glowing spheres of the material forward, burning through the armoring of a larger mech. Ilinya aimed her particle beam precisely, dodging a couple rockets from the UFIAI soldiers with small bursts from her jetpack. The two were hopelessly outnumbered - however, the rest of their squad flanked the UFIAI from the sides and back. Pulse shots depleted shields while plasma and particle weaponry shredded metal plating down. One of the Wreae soldiers, the energy shielding gone, was riddled with bullets and fell to the floor, AI cores damaged beyond repair.

After the short skirmish the beacon was unguarded by the UFIAI troops, having been destroyed. Ilinya and her squad went forward to the device.

"What were they doing?" A Ryun named Dalinthus asked, slowly approaching due to being a heavy soldier.

"They were trying to hack into the beacon and..." Ilinya's voice trailed off as she looked into the devices display. After a couple seconds, her eyes widened. "...were going to send for fleet reinforcements to allow for the bombardment of the planet."

"Analysis of the beacon shows that they had accomplished this, but there is a delayed response on the communications tower," Unit 1036294, a Chief Warrant Officer, stated. "Lieutenant Commander, you have approximately 30 seconds to stop the signal from going through." It was obvious that the beacon couldn't be completely deactivated, as the signal would still be present within its memory banks and the Federation would need the tower to send for their own reinforcements.

Ilinya nodded before getting to work. She worked quickly, though the UFIAI had been able to encode their signal and hide it very well. At twenty seconds, her hands started to shake slightly, but she continued to work. Ten seconds to go, she started to panic. Five seconds, the UFIAI made signal had been successfully decoded, authorization to delete it was pending.

Ilinya gulped. At 0.0005 seconds, the authorization went through. The UFIAI signal had not gone through. The Ryun sighed in relief, but knew that her work was not done. Rapidly, she sent a different signal requesting backup from nearby Federation fleets.

That day, the Ryun-Wreae Federation colony of Ke'ina was saved.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:05 pm

Captain Terrin hissed and fizzled with frustration. "Listen," he said in frustration, "I want to speak to whoever is in charge. . ."

"Excuse me, Captain," said Hissin.

"What?" snapped Terrin.

"May I give it a try?"

"Whatever!" snapped Terrin

Hissin cleared his throat. "Er, hello? My name is Hissin de Teriz."

"I don't know," said Nazzi. "We heard screaming. I tried to speak to one of the Jorro'kil, but she didn't pay any attention to me. She went down that way." She indicated the way the Jorro'kil went. "Shall we?"
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:34 pm

Once the other two guards who went to investigate the distraction neared the three Jorro'kil, they took off running down the street and around a corner, the plan no longer having use of them. They split up and all took different paths until finally arriving back at the apartment in which they started, each of them arriving at different times.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Kesh Pol thought on the Nisip's offer for only a moment before speaking. "Yes...that would be well fitting of our needs. We would enjoy new food." He said. "And...we may offer you some of our technology, tell me, what do you have need of? We can most likely supply it." He said. Kesh kept thoroughly calm throughout the conversation, unlike the Nisip, careful to keep a strong appearance.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Straus didn't hear the cries of the distractions, but did notice the muffled sound of an explosion inside the Complex, along with a minor flicker of the lights. He left the room he was in and briskly walked down to the lower level, taking a stairwell, and went to the entrance. He saw the dazed guards outside. "Oh. No..." He thought. Straus turned to see the Krathunian he was supposed to meet down a hallway, along with a Markovan, and proceeded to walk up to Nvarn and Nazzi, his boots making a low thumping sound as they hit the floor. Straus carried his helmet with him, and a plasma pistol was attached to his right thigh armor.

"Are you the Krathunian called Nvarn Reventus?" The Jorro'kil had a light german accent with which he spoke.  He dipped his beak. "Straus Xuvehr." Straus said, introducing himself. He continued,

"What is happening here? I saw the guards outside, yours I presume." He said to Nvarn.

"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top