\| Divided Paths |/ - Chapt. 3 - Resolute - Biome (IC)

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: \| Divided Paths |/ - Chapt. 3 - Resolute - Biome (IC)

Post by Vara Lord on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:01 am

Tissin clung to the handles of the motorpool. The seat was not very comfortable, having been designed for a Jorro'kil and not a Markovan.

"Where are we going, if I may ask?" he called over the noise of the vehicle.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:18 pm

Straus tilted his head backwards a few centimeters, and yelled to Tissin, "To catch up vith our Krathunian friend, Nvarn. He should be on the trail of the purists now." Straus sped through the streets, but chose quiter and less trafficked roads to avoid observation. "Ve vant to deal vith ziis as quietly and quickly as possible, so before ze news spreads like wildfire, ve hope to have it dealt vith." He explained to Tissin.

The four, rectangularly spaced Anti-Grav propulsion systems glowed in the night, and from a distance, through the distortion caused by the rain, it seemed to be a ghostly illumination that sped quickly onward.

Straus had, before venturing on this short journey, contacted Nvarn and asked for his location so he could meet up with the Krathunian and triple the effort. He neared the location quite quickly, using his general knowledge of the city, known as Kestri, to use the fastest and best possible route, along with the inconspicuous criteria he had set himself to.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Velsen, Xaer and the other purists quickly walked in past the gate, safely bypassing the barbed wire. Most of them gave the disguised Dolos questioning and untrusting looks, but said nothing.

Once under the cover of an adequately stable structure, Velsen walked up to Dolos, and started his questioning.

"We are very grateful to you for your sudden rescue - but we also want to know exactly who you are, and how you knew how to help us." He looked intently at Dolos, and the others glared at both Velsen and Dolos.

I can multitasking - Prussian

I actually was busy trying to get more gonger ale - Prussian

Also...just because you rescued a male chick and called him Kevin, doesn't mean I care. - ViperaUnion

But in retaliation, I'm going to add all your typoes to my sig. - Prussian

It's not a horror game, it's more of a pussle - Prussian

Follow the Bloody Brick Road - Prussian

Shut your skittley little mouth - Darkel

I'm actually quite humble, I just love to mess with scurbs. - Canis_dirus

Whos : Ah, I like my bleach straight..

curius : In the eyes
"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:19 pm

Nvarn, following Najii's truck, activated his COMM neurologically as soon as he got the message from Straus. Transmitting his current location in real time, he started to send a voice message. "I'm following a truck that came from the Complex - From my scans and analysis, it holds the injured Liirlith. Since he seems to be in contact with the Purists due to... Recent events, it might be a good idea to follow his vehicle." It was at that moment that Dolos shot the gate. Nvarn recognized the exact weapon due to analyses he had done when the UFIAI machine's shot hit his shields. Dolos was right in that Nvarn would be able to detect it - The energy traces from the shot that matched what had hit his shields before were tracked to the nearby construction site. Nvarn started to run faster and leaped on top of the truck. He then jumped off on to a nearby building and ran directly at his destination, showing Straus the data at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:45 am

Najii looked up. What was that thump on the top of the truck? Was he being followed? Najii pulled up to a fenced-in area. Stopping the vehicle, he exited and looked around carefully. No one was in sight.

Making sure his cloak was activated, he carefully dragged the Markovan ambassador to the gate, and was surprised to see the lock shot.

Proceeding carefully to the building he scouted around until he found a small back entrance to an unused shed-like part of the building, where he consigned his burden, bound and gagged. He then quickly set about eliminating his tracks. As well as swishing out his footprints, he sprayed the area around with a special chemical that would remove organic traces while leaving little evidence behind that it had been used.

Satisfied for the moment, Najii began searching around. Coming round the front, he was surprised to see the Purists gathered there. With them was another Jorro'kil Najii didn't recognize. But for the moment, all he noticed was Velsen. Najii's tongue slithered in and out over his beak as he grinned evilly. "Oh yessss," he said quietly to himself. "You and I will have ssssomethingsssss to do together."
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by curius on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:31 pm

Dolos looked around, changing its weight from one leg to another, looking nervous. “Hmmh, we don’t really have time for this, but I guess I owe you at least a short version”, Dolos said, speaking just a bit quicker than was comfortable. Dolos settled for a bit, straightened its back and turned its eyes to Velsen and said: “So, my name is Astan, and I come from the border systems. I am, or was, an engineer there. I got some experience with military networks. I used the one on this planet to find you. I noticed that stolen military equipment a while ago, and figured out you had something going on. Then I just waited for something to happen, watching for places and happenings you might strike.” “I’ll give you more details later”, Dolos said, beginning to head deeper into the building. “We should head downwards, looking for an entrance to the city’s underworks. From there we might find a way outside the walls.

Dolos’ sensors picked up a strange trace of movement, a slight anomaly in the airflow and movement of the thin layer of dust on the floor. However, the trace was so small that it didn’t reach Dolos’ consciousness. The subroutines saved the finding in case it might happen again, in which case it might become important.

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:03 pm

About a week after the initial meeting, the Nevarzians were able to obtain a trade agreement with the Nisip. This led to the Nevarzians lending support to the Nisip with communication systems, tools and even small weapons, along with translated manuels and limited assistance from Nevarzian Tech Officers. In return, the Nevarzians were given food and other supplies to aid their fleet's own stock, and discussions for settlement on Teren Aspru had begun.

Kesh, along with the rest in his group, was rewarded with medals, and he especially was given higher authority over his former peers.

Soon, however, the Nevarzians would have an unwanted group of visitors stumbling across their small territory.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Straus, seeing the data sent to him by Nvarn via a screen on the hoverquad's dashboard, increased the vehicle's speed, and within a matter of minutes, had arrived at the paralyzed truck. He stopped to examine it for a moment, but quickly returned to the chase and drove down several streets lined with silvery apartments.

Upon reaching a crossroads, he stopped, glanced down the adjacent street, and viewed a building, planned to be a store, in construction. He turned the vehicle down that road, and following the coordinates uploaded to him from Nvarn, stopped in front of the unfinished store. He quickly pulled up to the gate, deactivated the hoverquad which in turn let out four support struts, and hopped off, motioning for Tissin to do the same. He walked up to the open gate, saw the destroyed lock and shook his head in dismay. His armor was dripping wet at this point, and as he walked in under the cover of a metallic awning water droplets, immediately shaped by surface tension, collected on the floor around him. With a flick, he activated his armor's personal shielding which helped to dry him off quickly.

"Nvarn.. Vhat is happening vere you are now?" He asked over the COM.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Correct." Velsen said. "But I expect answers..." He held up his plasma pistol, making sure the strange Jorro'kil would understand.

He holstered it once more, and turned again to the other purists. "We go deeper, into the underground pipes.. into the sewage." They looked disappointed.

"You lead the way, then, you seem to know this city well." Velsen said to Dolos.

The purists stood around, looking unwilling, when one of them had a horrible thought that whatever it was that tried to initiate negotation earlier might have followed them. He whispered to Xaer, who also let his expression fall to one of uncertain concern.

Also...just because you rescued a male chick and called him Kevin, doesn't mean I care. - ViperaUnion

"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:37 pm

In front of Straus, a large section of air seemed to be displaced and distorted as the armored Sentinel deactivated his cloak. He had been waiting there for the Jorro'kil - Though he had the option to attempt to find and pursue the Purists in the construction site, he had chosen not to in case he needed back up. His rifle was detracted from the gauntlet, and he held the grip in an anticipatory manner.

"I'm here, Straus." He replied, his eyes scanning the area. Looking to Tissin, he greeted him, "Hello, Markovan. I am Sentinel Nvarn Reventus - Normally, I would greet you in the proper manner but now we need to hurry." Turning, he pointed at a secure looking structure in close proximity. "Sensors showed that there is activity in there. We're going to have to be careful. Straus, you know this place best - Take the lead."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Enigma continued its journey across the galaxy after the encounter with the Felinites. This was a success - Diplomats and ambassadors had been sent to Polknara, and the Federation had begun supplying the new settlers. Despite the "simple trade agreement," that had been decided upon, the Ryun-Wreae Federation prepared sections of the fleets to be ready at a moment's notice to defend the Felinites from any type of attack, whether it be UFIAI, Vrentus, Despot, or these "Zartoids." In general the government was pleased with the agreement that had been made, and commended Ilinya and her crew on their efforts, though their mission was not complete. The Enigma now encroached upon a new territory. Ilinya decided to take a stealthy approach to the situation, not knowing if whatever was in this sector was Dominion or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:04 pm

Najii took careful note of which way the Purists went. He hurried back to where he had hidden the ambassador. Then he noticed the trio that had gathered near the gate. Quickly ducking into a hiding place, even though he was cloaked, he sat and waited.

Tissin struggled a little under the weapon he was carrying; it was a little larger than he was used to carrying. He nodded to Nvarn. "I would give you the proper greeting, but my sword has been confiscated, along with my rank."
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:59 pm

Straus had only been able to briefly glance over the blueprints for this building when it was first conceived, and certainly hadn't memorized it. The anything past the main entrance in front of the group was obscured by plastic curtains; Straus wasn't sure if going in the front way would risk directly alerting the purists, but if they also were being cautious, going in a back way could be simply following them.  He decided the best thing to do would be to split up and cover more ground at once.

"Ve should split up, Nvarn and Tissin, go in ze front, I'll find anozzer vay in."

With that, he gestured to the doorways, and walked out from under the cover of the metal awning into the rain, past the left corner.  Trampling a few small lumps of mud and trudging on through the rain, he soon reached a secondary doorway, outlined by a silver doorframe and filled with another plastic curtain, the exterior side covered in water as it would be. An unpainted, grey metal wall stood out against the silver doorframe, part of which reflected moonlight. The Strike Trooper appraoched the doorway, and emerged inside the building.  Looking around, he noticed the concrete floor, a work-in-progress desk, and more building materials laying on the floor. This was probably to be the area next to an exit - the doorway which Straus had just come through.  

So far, everything was silent, save for the dulled patter of the rain outside, and his own footsteps.

"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:35 pm

Najii was absolutely silent as Straus walked past him, within an inch's distance. He kept a careful eye on everything the Jorro'kil did. Straus couldn't be allowed to find the ambassador. Then Najii noticed the pipe lying on the ground. Carefully, he picked it up and threw it so it landed with a loud clatter amongst a pile of building materials.

Tissin shifted the gun he was carrying and nodded to Nvarn. "Let's go in."
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:30 pm

Krim replied: Actually machine races are impossible for us to read even when they have emotions. Cybernetic races vary and we have difficulty reading sociopaths, non-carbon life forms and people that have undergone intense mental training."
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some time after the the negotiations had ended Krim started making preparations to search for these "orbs". Two have been found but if there are more he knew that they must find them before they fall into the wrong hands.

"We need more information about these orbs" said Krim. "We must ask around and gather as much Intel as we can. We need ask other race, traders, even that annoying soap salesman if he knows something about them. If these orbs attract the zartoids all Scilma will be upon."
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:13 pm

The Councilor fiddled with a sharp Kr'ek claw, a hunting trophy handed down to him by his grandfather. He stood in his office, a large square room, the walls a light tan in color. The floor was a solid tile, but instead of tan had a worn bronze hue.  It was a level above ground, stationed in the political wing of the Resolute Complex Academy.

On the walls hung portraits of the Councilor's ancestors, and one picture showing a battlefield. This one had a red sky, and a field of blue grass, the grass covered in the corpses of long since dead aliens, and Jorro'kil soldiers standing victoriously over their bodies.

The Councilor looked longingly at the painting for a moment, before turning away to pace around his office once more.

His particular job consisted of coordinating and overseeing the actions and events pertaining to the colonial councilors, and sometimes other government officials. As such, he wore a simple grey-blue suit, of the type most officials wore, with semi-circular black highlights on the shoulders, black cuffs, and more semicircular black highlights on the thighs.

The Councilor had been waiting for a report from Ekest, but, as usual, it had been delayed. Fringe worlds usually had lesser communication abilities, or were placed second in priority to planets closer to Irooscin. This could be viewed as inefficient, but it was overall preferred that the closer planet's concerns be viewed first, as a matter of security.

After about seven more minutes of waiting, his holoscreen, connected to an outlet of the Academy's computer mainframe, snapped on. It held data reports from Ekest and another colony. Quickly the Councilor made sure the cover for his office's window was shut, and then he attended to the reports. Glancing over the first report, his anticipation rising, he soon moved on to the data from Ekest. The first thing that stood out to him were the anomalies and security alerts which littered the report.

The Councilor relaxed slightly, but more tension built up inside him. His support had paid off... but would it last? His beak formed a slight frown, and he sat down on a bench to consider what options he had just been given.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Nai walked with an air of importance as he headed to the high security holding cells. These were the best prison facilities they had, and it seemed to Nai that they weren't good enough, to the point where his displayed attitude towards them plainly indicated this feeling, and everyone knew how he felt.

Nai had recently ordered a questioning with Xeva, the newly acquired prisoner and former secretary.  Where other interrogators had failed, he intended to succeed, and he had a certain method in mind that rarely failed him in times past.

"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:14 am

As Nai headed to the cells, he was intercepted by the one Markovan who had just deranked Tissin. "Pardon me, Sir," he said. "If you are going to interrogate the female Jorro'kil, I would like to be present."
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by curius on Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:47 pm

”Well, It was my job to know these things”, Dolos answered. From the main entrance there was a short and wide hallway that was lined with plastic curtains and scaffolding. The hallway leaded to the main part of the building, an open round space that was around 60 feet in diameter, had five floors and an opening in the middle. Dolos went to the concrete railing going around the opening, and leaned over it to peer to the bottom floor. The building was almost completely dark, only light being the moon’s faint glow coming through the semi-transparent plastic covers. While this was not a problem for Dolos, it slowly realized that the ‘Astan’ would need some kind of light source.

Dolos stepped away from the railing and looked around for a light source, noticing a promising heavy-duty lamp lying on scaffolding. Dolos grabbed it quickly, and started to methodically turn it around to find out its working mechanism. After trying a couple of buttons Dolos managed to press the right one, and a bright beam of light shot upwards to the ceiling. Dolos turned the light to the scaffolding around and in the opening, and soon spotted temporary stairs going on the side of the opening all the way to the bottom floor. Dolos gestured the purists to follow and headed down the stairs. The metal scaffolding bent a bit under the weight, but seemed to be as sturdy as it should be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:40 pm

Nai looked at the Markovan, then gave a snort. He raised his arm to put a hand under his beak, and one could have noticed slivers of shining silver from his forearm armor reflected the lights on the ceiling. The beginning section of the guard was flat, and curved near the side edges to fit around Nai's arm. From the end of this point, several inches from the top, it led to a grey ribbing, until it ended in a rectangle at the wrist, which had the same silvery color as the top; though this section had peripheral grooves.

"So. Do you think we can trust you? You cannot interfere in the interrogation, and may not repeat anything that is said. But even then, why should I let you in?"

Other Jorro'kil, expressionless behind their helmets, stood waiting for the Commander at a corner. Behind the corner was a locked, thick metal door. It was dark grey, and once opened led down to the holding cells, which were underground.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Purists followed Dolos warily, careful not to make too much noise as they descended the metal staircase. With a glance, one could see several floors, partially illuminated by the lamp carried by Dolos. Large, empty spaces that resided within the walls on all of the floors reserved the place for shops, stores, or other businesses, but the absence of any Jorro'kil left the place with a lifeless feel to it. Most of the Purists wanted to leave the area soon, feeling uncomfortable in the airy silence, which only the echo of footsteps on the scaffolding managed to break.

Velsen cringed as he touched his upper left arm, which had been burned by the plasma impact from the Strike Trooper's plasma pistol. It needed medical attention. but it could wait. It would have to.

Xaer, who was behind Velsen, noticed the injury, and spoke up.

"Velsen... are you okay? That burn looks bad."

"Agh.. it'll be fine for now." The Purist replied. "I'll get it bandaged once we get out of here."
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Straus heard the clashing sound and turned to find the source. Nothing but construction parts. Odd.. he didn't notice any precarious pieces upon first inspection, and there was seemingly no one around who could have caused it. Then he remembered. The Liirlith. Nvarn had told him that he was following the creature, and it was likely here that the Liirlith stopped. The construction site was certainly where the action was.

The creature was quite adept in the field of stealth when he wanted to be, Straus had to admit.

"So.. you're here.. and you're also injured. How do you intend to escape alive?" Straus didn't know where the Liirlith was exactly, only that he was most likely close.

"Ze immediate.. maliciousness.. vith vich you dealt vis us disturbs me.. zhough I suppose it should not."

"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:23 pm

The Markovan, whose name was Gettrav vin Dastic, shrugged. "An important ambassador has been captured, and I know a Liirlith is responsible. Knowing those creatures, I wouldn't be surprised if he was helping those Purists of yours, and then she might be in on it. But if that is the way you feel, then never mind. If you'll excuse me, I must contact my government about the current situation." Without another word, he turned and left.

The sibilant voice that answered Straus seemed to come from more than one place at once. "Are you interessssted in thossse Purissstsss? They passsssed thisss way jusssst recccently. They went into the other entrancccce, which goessss underground through the conssstruction."
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:03 pm

Nvarn followed the sound of Straus' voice, gesturing for Tissin to follow him. As soon as Najii stopped speaking, the Nvarn was next to the Jorro'kil, Tissin behind him. He carefully scanned the environment for signs of Najii but was unable to find any telltale air disturbances or heat signatures. The Liirlith was truly a natural expert at stealth. He turned to Straus, cocking his head towards the 'other entrance.'

"We need to worry about the Purists right now, we can leave the Liirlith here. I'll know if he follows us." He whispered, his eyes still searching the area for any signs of the reptilian alien.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:17 pm

Tissin suddenly seemed to loose it, and jumped forward lifting his gun to fire. "Where's the ambassador, you scum?" he yelled at the darkness. "What have you done with her?" No answer came to his demand. He prepared to fire.

Haslin Benvi took a sip from his cup of tea as he watched the Humdar helmsman pilot the ship. Haslin was on a special mission as representative for Vathoris to a new race that had appeared in the galaxy, the Felinites. It was quite an honor. Usually High Prince Vey was unanimously chosen for that honor. However, Vey being busy with certain important matters, and his brother Aarin away on some mission to the First Arm, Haslin, from the nation of Romm, had been selected instead. This was a big step up for him. Usually he had only acted as a representative between the nations of Vathoris, but now he was stepping out into the universe at large.

A young female Andebon cam up with a tea pot in hand. "More tea, Sir?" she inquired cheerfully. As she did so, she eyed a plate of scones hopefully.

"No thank you, Nira," said Haslin. Catching her look, he nodded permission to her. The scones were gone in less than a minute. How on Vathoris do you Andebon stay so skinny? though Haslin to himself.

"Umph," said Nira over her last mouthful. "Mind imf I porf myfelf a cupf?"

Haslin blinked as a crumb sprayed from her mouth and struck his face. "Go ahead, but be careful. It's a little hot. . ."

Nira had poured some an downed it before you could say knife. She jumped up, her big black eyes bulging out more than usual. "Yeowhooeow!"

"Something wrong back there?" called the helmsman.

"No, nothing," said Haslin. He glanced at Nira in annoyance. "You really must learn some restraint, young lady."

"Mmph, sorry Sir," said Nira, sipping more sedately.

"Sir," called the helmsman, "there's a Markovan ship heading on the same bearing as us."

"Really?" said Haslin. "Let's open a channel then." He came to the front as the helmsman opened a channel. "This is the Vathorin diplomatic vessel Champion of Romm. Whom do we have the pleasure to be speaking to?"

"This Azra min Dinrac, ambassador and captain of this ship. we are currently on a diplomatic mission to a new race known as the Felinites."

"The Felinites?" said Haslin. "That's where we're going as well."

"Interesting," said the Markovan. "Perhaps we can do both our missions together then. I look forward to seeing you."

"Markovans?" said Nira, once the transmission was ended. "Aren't they the short fellow with the weird flaps on their tails?"

"Yes," said Haslion. "But I implore to please restrain yourself and not make any disastrous 'comments' in that regard."

"Oh. yes Sir," said Nira enthusiastically.

"We're approaching the Felinites base, Sir," said the Helmsman.

"Excellent," said Haslin. "Send them a transmission so they know that we're coming."

Greetings, Felinites, we come in peace, came the transmission. We represent the Confederacy of Vathoris.

"And be sure to bust out the grub, cause we're hungry," said Nira jokingly, not realizing that the comm line was still open.

The Markovan vessel sent out a similar transmission to the Felinites.

Last edited by tonysaur on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding more story.)
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:15 pm

The first of two Nevarzian colonies, Rivul, was unaware of the intrusion from the RWF ship, though it soon would be.
(Zar, go ahead and post about the Enigma coming near Rivul)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Straus interrupted the enraged Tissin, putting a hand on the SMG the Markovan carried. "Tissin, Tissin, ve'll find her, but ze Liirlith has ze advantage now.." He lifted his head slightly, as if speaking to an audience. "Liirlith.. vhat is your name? Surely it would be better if ve vere able to call you by it, instead of only your species name, since you seem so intent on impacting our society.. ."

Taking the hand off Tissin's weapon, he held up his IAR, and let middle of the lower barrel rest on his left hand. "Ve vill be going now.. but rest assured ve vill be back for you."

Straus turned to leave, eyeing a large doorway straight across from the group, this one lacking a plastic screen.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nai moved quickly around the corner, and a soldier opened the vault-like door infront of him. A short flight of steps led down to a small, somewhat claustrophobic room. The floor was concrete, dark grey, and the walls and ceiling were of a ribbed texture. Both were dark silver.

Two guards, standing absolutely still, saluted as the Commander walked past them, through a security door, the only door to and from the containment facility. As the lasers built into the frame scanned him for any anomalies or weapons. It would also be able to identify containers with poisonous substances, as grenades and other containers for such things were labeled with a readable code to identify the type.

After everything was finished and Nai was cleared for entry, he walked in. The hallways were kept at a cool temperature, not cold enough to make you shiver but not warm either. Metal rooms composed the outline for the corridors, most of them containing prisoners. One room was used for interrogation, and it was this room that Nai was headed to.

the two guards outside, dressed in UCU power armor, gave Nai a crisp salute. He returned it, before walking in. The expression which his eyes and beak formed was grim, but it changed to one of curiosity as he eyed Xeva, sitting in a chair. Two guards stood at either side of Xeva, and another two were split to stand at both ends of the square room, parallel to Xeva.

There was no table for Xeva to rest her arms on. There were, however, two small stands next to the chair which Nai would sit in.

As the Commander took his place in the chair opposite from Xeva, who was totally silent, he glanced at her, before reading over a report he had brought with him. The report was set in paper, something he preferred over digital data entries, though he also used those.

"None." He said abruptly. "None have yet dared to do what your associates have done. That has all changed, however. So tell me, Xeva, what exactly do you know about the Purist plot?"

"Nai, you should know I won't talk." She said matter-of-factly. "I can't give up to forces that would put a stop to what I believe in."

"Then," Nai said. "I will attempt to alter your beliefs." He set his elbows on both of the armrests attached to his chair.

"My impression of your beliefs is that you pity the Purists. You know of the loss some of them have suffered. For example, one Velsen Arkel." Xeva averted her eyes as Nai said this, staring at the cold metal floor.

"Witnessed deaths of several Jorro'kil.." Nai blinked and heavily exhaled, remembering the Karthla menace. Even the machines which the Confederacy fought now were not so horrible as those freaks.

"At the hands of the Karthla." Xeranil finished. "I can.. understand your viewpoint. But that does not give you any reason.. any right.. nothing.. to do what your associates have done. Nor should you have helped them. Now you will not escape punishment. I won't lie to you. You may, however, ease things considerably if you only tell us what you know." Xeva remained silent, still staring at the ground.

"Very well then. I'll introduce another topic." He said. Setting aside the papers which he had been studying, Nai leaned forward in his seat, looking at Xeva. She couldn't help but return the stare.

"So you think that xenoforms should be exterminated.. that we have no need of them, they are something to be trampled under foot?" He smiled with a smile that would give one chills. "Perhaps then, we should see what is it like from the other side."

"..What?" Xeva asked, suspicious of his meaning.

"I know you have family. Maybe we should exterminate them? We are all aliens to someone, why should it matter?" He was smiling slightly at this point.

"I can see to it that you'll never be lacking in the ability to see more than side of an issue." He started to get up, and almost reached the door before Xeva shouted, her right arm outstretched towards Nai.

"Look, look, stop, Nai.. Please, if I tell you this, don't kill them all.." She pleaded. Nai grinned, and returned to his chair.

"Continue." He said to her.

Last edited by Whoster on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:07 pm

Tissin followed Straus miserably.

Straus received a sudden message on his comm. just one word: Najii.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:51 pm

In a distant place…

A Krathunian knelt on both knees at the center of a room, choked by darkness and dust. He was dressed in a white cloak that looked as if it were, at some point, luxurious, but the garment was tattered and torn. His skin plating was almost a bronze color, subtly reflecting the dim light of the room. Trace amounts of dirt caked his scarred face, his eyes bloodshot. He breathed heavily in ragged gasps, his eyes lazily darting around the area. The Krathunian was imprisoned; His arms were splayed to each side, held in place with forceful gravitational devices. Another such machine was above, pushing him down to his knees with invisible force.

“I just… don’t understand what I did…” He muttered in a rusty tone, closing his eyes. “What did… I do… to deserve this?”

Another Krathunian stepped into view, a female. Her lustrous silver facial plating was a stark contrast to the prisoners, as was her meticulously polished ERAR armoring. She held a data pad in her hand – Outdated, yes, but not connected to a network that the government could easily trace. Her left side faced the imprisoned man, as if she were displaying the large, curved sword she held in a hilt. The older prisoner looked up at her with a sneer as she spoke.

“You know perfectly well what you did,” She responded in an unusually soft tone for Krathunians, making sure to sound every word out perfectly.

“You… Could you help me, young lass?” The prisoner asked, abruptly attempting to smile in the most charming way possible. This was almost immediately met with the female’s gauntlet slamming into the side of his face, backhanded. The prisoner laughed in pain, spitting up a bit of blood.

She shook her head. “Bastard… The boss is here, at any rate,” She growled, looking upwards from the prisoner as the sound of an automatic door opening was heard. The prisoner strained his neck, trying to see the new arrival, but the imprisonment machines prevented him from doing so.

A deep, silky voice sounded from the darkness. “Is this…?”

The female Krathunian nodded, walking to the back of the prisoner. “Yes, it is.”

The prisoner again tried to free himself and see the boss, to no avail. Disgruntled, he hung his head, closing his eyes in defeat. “My friend… Can you explain to me… what the meaning of this is?” He rasped, still coughing from the blow.

“Let me get something clear,” The voice sounded from in front of the prisoner. “I am not your friend.” He looked up to find the barrel of a intricate directed energy pistol, and the weapon’s wielder. It was another Krathunian, this one very physically imposing compared to the prisoner. Like his female companion, he had silvery plating, but it was darker and more dull. His reddish eyes seemed to bore into the very mind of the prisoner as they stared at each other. Across his lower left jaw was several long, spine-like armoring plates, reaching from the back of his head to the side of his mouth. The armor he wore was peculiar - it was was of smooth and simple design where the metal showed, such as the gauntlets. Elsewhere he wore a suit-like garment, fine black cloth forming a collar, jacket, and coattails. It transitioned seamlessly from cloth to armor at the arms, and the legs were covered by a robe. It wasn't clear if this Krathunian was a soldier or a figure of corporate importance. The cool, calm way he knelt before the prisoner, and the experienced manner of holding his weapon certainly lent itself to the former, though.

"From now on, you do not speak unless I tell you to," He continued, not even blinking as he articulated his words. He stood, displaying a taller than average height, though with a slim build. The pistol reformed itself into a sphere and slid smoothly back into his armor. "Over 15 shipments of blue dust, weapons, and ship parts, directly to your distribution sector. Doubtless you sold all of it, but the Alkisuns never received payment. I can understand a setback, but it's become a bit much. Wouldn't you agree?" He smiled, tilting his head down towards the prisoner, who quietly nodded in agreement. "Now, tell me what happened to my - our - cut of the profits."

Drawing in a shaky breath, the prisoner said, "I don't know, sir... There was some... Issues with our buyers... And..." He hesitated, as if holding something back.

The other Krathunian widened his eyes. "What is it? Is your operation siding with the authorities? Snitching on us?" He demanded, his face slowly shifting to an expression of anger.

"Well... I didn't say that."

"There's no need to. My agents in the operation reported profits, but nothing for me. They also spoke of some interesting transactions with the government."

"Sir... I..." The prisoner was nearly speechless, but quickly gained composure. "I think there's been a misunderstanding..."

The Krathunian nodded, walking to the prisoners back side. "I agree. You made a mistake, misunderstood our agreement. It is forgivable, just this once." He nodded at the female, and the machine ceased its subtle humming. The prisoner was released from the restraining device. Breathing heavily, he placed his hands on the ground, nearly collapsing.

Slowly, the prisoner stood up, clearing his throat in a manner of relief. As he began to mouth his next words, turning to face the boss, the sound of the other Krathunians gun surprised him. The shot was perfectly placed, at the center of the prisoners head, just before the crest. The boss did not even blink as the prisoners body fell to the ground, a small puddle of dark red blood forming.

Wordlessly he stared at the body for mere seconds before turning to the female. "Dispose of this mess," he growled, and strode to the exit. After several identity scans, the door opened, and he left the interrogation room.

Several minutes later, he entered a lavishly decorated room, furnished with the finest pieces and artifacts from several civilizations. At a central table, made of the finest Ieegan wood, sat a Jorro'kil. The kil had a shade of blue feathers paler than the norm, and his beak was slightly crooked. As the Krathunian approached, he stood, smiling.

"So, I believe we have made a proper deal?" The Jorro'kil asked in perfect Talus.

"We have," the Krathunian responded, bowing slightly. "Our representatives will be sent to your base of operations soon. In time, your shipments will arrive."

The Jorro'kil lowered his beak in respect. "I look forward to doing business. Always a pleasure, Silus." With those words, he left the room, guards escorting him.

Silus Koluntus sat down at a luxurious chair, taking in a deep breath. He recalled an old philosophy of his as he reflected on the events of the day - In business, anything goes. The ends always justify the means.

Nvarn also followed Straus, constantly checking his HUD, almost as if he were paranoid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M on Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:15 am

Krim listened to the transmissions from the Vathoris and Markovan (chuckling a bit with Nira's response) and then responded: "This is Ambassador Krim of the Felinites. Its nice to here from both your races and I look forward to meeting you. We have finished building the space port on this world and have made room for your arrival. You are both free to dock."
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:59 am

Straus looked at the COM message from the Liirlith. "Not just Liirlith anymore..." He thought. He sent the message through to Nvarn so he too could see the name.

The Strike Trooper watched the walls around him, as if expecting someone or something to appear. Nothing did.

As Straus walked through the large doorway, his eyesight was able to adjust to the darkness. Beside him, the wall extended backwards from the doorway some fifteen feet. Large cavities in the walls provided space for future stores. In the middle of the area was a circular railing surrounding an opening in the floor. Everything rightly seemed unfinished, awaiting paint and other materials to finish it.

Extending up and down the opening was a rather large metal scaffolding. Straus gave the most of his attention to this. Going over to examine it, he heard something that caused excitement to rush into him. Footsteps. Quiet, echoing footsteps. He looked downward. Through the dust and darkness, he could vaguely make out movements, people walking down the scaffolding. Quickly, Straus gestured for Tissin and Nvarn to come over and see for themselves. He then jumped on an entrance to the scaffolding stairs, a short addition to it going over the side of the concrete railing, and started his descent.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Xeva's expression changed to one of hesitance and indecision. Nai ignored this, and eagerly awaited the she-kil's confession, having returned to his previous position in his chair, leaned forward, hands clasped together under the beak.

"It's funny.. " Xeva said, careful to avoid looking at Xeranil. "That soldier.. Straus.. he used the same method on me.. and I just.. gave up." She paused, then suddenly looked Nai exactly in the eye. "Why? I've always.. always been obedient. The pressure is new to me.. but I think I see now, that I can stand up. Stand up to you, stand up for what I believe in."

Nai sighed, and leaned back in his chair. "Please, don't give me that speech." He said, clearly irritated.

"You wouldn't kill my family.. or any innocent civilians. Just like Straus would not have shot me.. I have learned from this."

Xeva's dress was dirty now, with smudges of mud and dirt, even a tear at the half-skirt.

Nai looked happily surprised. "You've called my bluff, I admit." What he said next puzzled Xeva. "Thank you."

Leaving his chair, this time he did exit the room, and shut the door loudly behind him. Oh, now he was in such a good mood. Uncooperation made no room for leniency, and he intended to deliver a just punishment to the traitor. His mind buzzed with possibilities, and he almost hummed from the power he had been given.

"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:00 pm

Both the Markovan ship, and the Vathorin ship soon docked. The occupants of both ships met each other first, before meeting any Felinites. Haslin saluted the Markovan ambassador after the fashion of Romm, and the Markovan gave a slight bow. Haslin was a little confused at this; Markovans, he had heard, usually presented their sword hilt-first when they greeted someone, but this particular individual did not do so.

"Ambassador Haslin Benvi, I presume," he said in a courteous tone. "Azra min Dinrac."

"It's an honor, Sir," said Haslin. "Allow me to introduce my aid, Nira Tai."

"Goodness, you Markovans really are short!" blurted Nira.

Haslin slapped a hand to his brow. Azra raised an eyebrow, but then simply nodded to her. "Charmed, I'm sure," he said, with just the slightest bit of stiffness. "Shall we go and meet these Felinites?"

The three of them, a Markovan, and a Vatarri with his Andebon aid, went to meet their hosts.

Najii silently watched the trio leave. Once he was sure they were gone, he went to check on his prisoner. He quickly gave her an extra dose of sedative to ensure she didn't wake up to quickly, and then felt a slight buzz from his communicator. He opened it. "Yessss?"

The voice that came across was not a Liirlith's. "I'm just calling to make sure everything is going as planned. I trust you are keeping your end of the bargain?"

The Liirlith smiled. "Indeed. All isss going well."

"Good. Still, I think I might just come and check on you. Where are you?"

"I am about to move. I will ssssend you coordinatessss." He quickly checked over a schematic he found for the construction before sending information to his mysterious contact. Going back to his prisoner, he picked up his prisoner and and dragged her behind him as he crawled through some ventilation tubes, determined to follow and cut off his targets.

Tissin gazed down into the shaft, hearing voices and footsteps. He carefully swung down behind Straus, leaving Nvarn to take the rear.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:54 am

Upon stepping out of the docking area they met an odd orange fured individual that was only about three foot tall.

"It is nice to meet you dear representatives of the Markovans and the Vatarri. I am pleased you have arrived safely. My name is Krim. How may I address you fair ambassadors?
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top