\| Divided Paths |/ - Chapt. 3 - Resolute - Biome (IC)

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: \| Divided Paths |/ - Chapt. 3 - Resolute - Biome (IC)

Post by Whos on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:46 pm

"Hm." Straus looked over it, the text somewhat difficult to make out as the blood had run a little bit. He turned back to Nvarn and Kiluarv L'rentus.

"I don't believe it is finished, but it can be translated as: "We rise from our place, our brethren will see, and all-"
He stopped. "And zat's it." He stood for a moment, realizing the graveness of the message.

"Vhat did you attach to ze truck?" He asked Nvarn.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Inside the interrogation room, Xeva was being intensely questioned.

"Who are your allies? What are their names? Where is their base of operations?" Said the interrogator. He wore a simple black suit, the upper portion of which went all around the body from the waist to the neck, and came together at a line going through the middle of the front. At the shoulders, two curved, square white patches were visible, and the Jorro'kil also wore certain Power Armor parts, from the Mk IV armor, on his forearms and back. The pants were simple black pants that extended from the waist to the feet. They too had rectangular white patches curving at the outer sides of the thighs.

Xeva sat quietly in a chair, looking very self-pitying.

She wore the traditional she-kil dress, a long-sleeved shirt and pants, with a half-skirt that extended from the back of the waist to the sides.

"Tell me these things and your sentencing will be more lenient." Again said the interrogator.

Again she replied with silence.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

"I...I don't believe so. Ah...thank you anyways.. If you want there is a refreshment room, on the floor below this one." The official said, attempting to get the Markovan to leave.

(You could have Nazzi try to brush past him and hear what's going on inside the interrogation room, if you want)

Once onboard, Kesh requested an audience with the commander of the Nevarzian ship, and Kesh soon found himself on the bridge after his request's speedy acceptance.

"So...Kesh Pol....tell us all that happened on the trip." The commander, Ven Mul, said.

"Yes, commander. We arrived at the planet, and found it covered in sand. So much sand. Yet after walking for a while, we found buildings, and people. They are the Nisip, a people I think have never met any other aliens."

"Good, good." Ven said.

"Yes, and we have agreed to trade, for our technology, I said, we would get some of their resources and..food."

"Mm. This is good Kesh, you have done a good job. We must secure an alliance with these aliens, they have known no Confederacy races if you are correct." He said. "You may go now."

Kesh, being dismissed, thanked the commander, and left to return to his room.

The commander, however, was not so happy as he had let on, knowing that, from recent reports, another empire had come into contact with these Nisip, and he was indeed worried they might not be so friendly towards the Nevarzia.

I can multitasking - Prussian

I actually was busy trying to get more gonger ale - Prussian

Also...just because you rescued a male chick and called him Kevin, doesn't mean I care. - ViperaUnion

But in retaliation, I'm going to add all your typoes to my sig. - Prussian

It's not a horror game, it's more of a pussle - Prussian

Follow the Bloody Brick Road - Prussian

Shut your skittley little mouth - Darkel

I'm actually quite humble, I just love to mess with scurbs. - Canis_dirus

Whos : Ah, I like my bleach straight..

curius : In the eyes
"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:28 pm

"A knife," Nvarn responded simply, walking back to where Kiluarv was, the other Krathunian sitting a shaking from what he had just experienced. "I attached an EMP device to it, with a delay. As you know, the vehicles used here are electric and are largely automatized. The device is specialized to activate the electromagnetic pulse in a way that, rather than simply stopping the vehicle, it causes it to go haywire before shutting completely down. When the timer hits zero, that is what will happen." He walked slowly to the opening caused by the crash into the warehouse, and gazed into the outside area. "I'll be able to detect the detonation and find the truck, but when we're able to get there the Purists may already have gone. We must hurry."

After a couple minutes, a Krathunian dropship descended to the ground from the monotonous sky, the surviving representatives ushered inside. A military team swept the area, carefully lifting the bodies of the deceased and collecting evidence against the Purists. However, before the vehicle took off, Nvarn peered inside a looked to L'rentus. "By the way, did you see anything out of the ordinary, besides the Purists?"

Kiluarv hesitated, his eyes still branded with pain and fear. "There was a Liirlith," He recalled, his voice trembling slightly. "That other Jorro'kil who just came through, too - He spoke and acted slightly differently than the others. I'm not sure if there's anything to it, most likely not, but there may be more going on than you realize." Nvarn stepped outside, thinking over these words, as the sleek black ship activated its engines, closed the doors, and sped into the atmosphere.

"We should head back to the Complex, Straus. I'll keep a look out for that EMP," The Krathunian stated, observing the warehouse a final time. "I think a visit with our friend Xeva is in order."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The squad relaxed, assuming positions less tense. Ilinya clasped her hands together and bowed in the most courteous way she thought possible. "I am Commander Ilinya. This is my crew - Dalinthus, Liarnoi, Unit 9128430, Unit 1036294, and Unit 1654776. As sanctioned by the Ryun-Wreae Federation of the United Ieegan Systems and the Confederacy, we are here for contact negotiations." Ilinya was less anxious now that she was conducting this conversation, though she was still rather suspicious of the Felinites and their origins.

Back to top Go down

Post by curius on Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:14 pm

”No, wait”, Dolos said, quickly turning to observe the instrument panel, that was going totally nuts. “It would seem we are mostly going down”, it said, wrestling with the controls as the truck started to shake violently as well as rock from side to side. Dolos was feverishly trying to keep the truck on course and air, but one by one the instruments were failing, making that task harder and harder to accomplish. “This truck is falling apart n on my hands, so if you have idea where we should go, tell me fast”, Dolos said in a strained tone as sparks started to fly from the instrument panel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:19 pm

"Ah, about now we should be leaving here, we need to get out of the city, but the nearest exit is a few miles from here, and I wouldn't be surprised if by the time we get there they have extra security positioned. We'll have to hide somewhere in the city...." Velsen said.

"If this vehicle breaks down we'll have to go somewhere very quickly, now that our intentions are revealed...."

Velsen wondered who this Jorro'kil was and why he was helping them, and how he knew where they were. Despite being grateful, he intended to ask these questions. But not now.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Yes... I do hope her attitude has changed since ve caught her." Straus said.

"Somehow, I feel zat zis is ze beginning of somezing... larger." He noted.

Also...just because you rescued a male chick and called him Kevin, doesn't mean I care. - ViperaUnion

"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:15 pm

"Nice to meet you Ilinya please come with me into the colony and take a look around. Also I presume the two at the back are carrying weapons. They may keep them but be aware that the colony's dampening field has locked any energy weapons on a low setting for safety reasons."
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:57 pm

The interrogator suddenly slapped a hand to his neck. A minute later, the interrogator was writhing in death throes on the ground. Another minute later, the security systems of the interrogation room were all turned off, leaving Xeva a clear opportunity to escape.

Nazzi paused. "Did you just hear a body hit the floor?" she asked the Jorro'kil. Before he could stop her, she had pushed past him. Tissin gave the Jorro'kil an apologetic shrug, and then went after her.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zandoo on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:11 pm

Salată sat there awkwardly, listening to the argument on the other ship. Her face flushed a bit, she was slightly insulted that this alien called their government, 'nonsense'.

Though, she decided it would be best to pretend that she didn't hear their little fight. She faked some confusion and said, "Hello? Is anyone there?"
Zandoo
Communist Dictator of Equestria

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:36 pm

Nvarn moved quickly through the streets of Ekest, scanning for EMP signatures while simultaneously moving towards the Complex. As soon as the device activated, the energy spike could be seen by the Krathunian, and he sprinted at full speed to the source. He wasn't sure if he'd make it to see the Purists before they escaped, or if he could catch up to the vehicle, but he could try. Nvarn notified Straus of his intentions and rushed forward with powerful strides.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The two at the back nodded, not bothering to check their weapon spheres to see if this were correct. Ilinya signaled for them to follow Krim with her, the relatively large Ryun and Wreae dwarfing the Felinite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:19 am

Krim led the way as he showed them around the colony.

"As you can see much of this colony still needs to be set up. We have been working nonstop to make this place worthy for use as a spaceport. But we do have a few shops opem if you'd like to take a look. By the way, what currency does this galaxy use, and do you take clyrenight?"
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:38 pm

Xeva quickly got up when she saw the interrogator collapse, and went over to him. She saw a cut on the back of his neck, and stood up. Looking hesitant, she was unsure of what to do. She could call for help.... and yet why waste this opportunity? She went over to the door, opened it, and left it wide open for others to quickly see the body inside.

She slowly walked down the corridor on the left side of the interrogation room, careful to avoid any others that might pass by.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

The official looked slightly confused, but followed Nazzi anyway.

"I'm afraid you can't be allowed over here-" He stopped after catching up with Nazzi at the door to the nearby interrogation room, and stared down at the body on the floor. He quickly went inside and knelt down beside it. He checked the interrogator's pulse and breathing. Very light. The Jorro'kil was barely alive.

"Call for help. Now." He said, looking back to Nazzi and the other Markovan.

Straus, on his way back to the military Complex from the warehouse, received Nvarn's message, read it, and looked up again, continuing to drive. Now he had to get back and warn military and colony officials of the dangers they were facing.

After discussing events with several diplomatic officials aboard the Nevarzian ship, the Nevarzian Commander, Ven, asked both them and Kesh Pol to return to the surface of the Nisip planet once more, to discuss the trade with the Nisip. This was soon carried out, and Kesh and other Nevarzia soon arrived at the surface near the same city that Kesh had previously entered. Their shuttle, despite being used for a diplomatic mission, still used the standard camouflage to avoid being seen by any.

"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zandoo on Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:11 pm

Suflet Călit checked a sundial to see the time. He shouted out many Nisipian curses and hopped into his sand crawler. How could I have forgotten about the new soldiers!? he thought to himself, immediately setting the sand crawler to an unsafe speed.

The stage came quickly into view as he slammed a hand down on the stop button. He had forgotten to wear his seatbelt, and so he was thrown through the windshield of the sand crawler and into multiple other Nisip. Thankfully, he didn't land on their organ sacs, though he was sure he heard a ripping sound or two.

He got up, very dizzy and sore from being in two accidents in one day. He stumbled onto the stage and addressed the crowd, which has double the normal amount of soldiers due to his absence. He started to give the exact same speech he did to the last group of soldiers that stood in front of him before.
Zandoo
Communist Dictator of Equestria

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:11 pm

Vise looked down at the cat-like creature. It wasn't much shorter than him; the average Xiakrian was only four-and-a-half feet tall. "So," He said, "I am Vise Yolan, captain of starship Phoenix. And you are...?"

Vise outstretched his hand towards the felinite.

Space Dinosaur

http://pseudocompsognathus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:36 pm

Ilmire cocked her head.

"What's my... But I just gave you my... Never mind, my name is Ilmire." She shook the Xiakrian's hand. "I brought you to this station because the colony is a bit busy with the other arrivals. I can show you around the station if you like."
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:14 am

Terrin glared at the comm., and then pushed Hissin to one side. Clearing his throat, he spoke. "Pardon the interruption. Is it possible we could speak to an official representative of your race? Perhaps we could come down to one of the planet?"

(@Whoster and Zandoo Maybe the Markovans could end up bumping into the Nevarzians when they go down?)
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by curius on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:59 am

Dolos opened the map of the city in its mind, and started to look for potential hiding places. After several seconds it noticed a medium-sized construction site barely within the estimated range the truck still had left. “I think there is a construction site nearby. The buildings are almost ready, and there shouldn’t be anyone working during this much rain”, Dolos said turning to face the passengers. “Also, if we are lucky there is passage to the city’s underground complexes.” Just as Dolos had finished its sentence a loud bang came from the right side of the truck. The truck swung to the right side, and Dolos pulled the controls to keep it from crashing to anything. Dolos managed to maintain the balance, but one of the right side anti-gravs had overloaded, leaving the truck permanently tilted to the right side.

Couple of minutes later the truck was gliding across the streets, its lights completely out, and the whole truck waving and shaking from side to side. There was only half dozen blocks left to the site, when the truck’s controls went limp and all the shaking stopped. Dolos felt a trail of electromagnetic surge in its systems, and all of a sudden the few systems still working all failed at once. For a second the truck hung in the air on its momentum only, but eventually gravity won and the vehicle crashed. Knowing this was going to happen, Dolos had been flying only several feets above the ground. The truck hit the ground bottom first. It bounced and swung while sliding on the flooding street. It started to turn sideways, and finally came to a stop as it hit a streetlight left flank first.

Dolos struggled to open the driver’s door, and finally the whole door came off, falling on the ground with a racket. As Dolos hopped out from the cockpit, the heavy rain immediately hit its disguise with a force, forcing Dolos to adjust it heavily. Dolos looked around, back and forth the flooding street, noting that it was dead silent. The streetlight the truck had hit was bent and flickering constantly, acting as a beacon for their chasers. “Hurry up, we still have couple of blocks left that way”, Dolos said pointing towards the construction site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish on Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:56 pm

Vise was dumbfounded at how he managed to miss the Felinite's name. The diplomat next to him spoke, "Yes, sir, we'd appreciate a tour."

After he made sure that the felinite wasn't looking, Vise facepalmed. The same diplomat gave an amused smirk, just as the tour began.

Space Dinosaur

http://pseudocompsognathus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:22 pm

Velsen, Xaer, and the other purists quickly exited the downed vehicle, and followed the disguised Dolos to their temporary destination. It had once again begun to pour rain, and dark stormclouds covered an even darker sky.

"Velsen." Xaer almost shouted. "What are we gonna do now? They know we're responsible for the kidnapping, that political setup you had won't work now." He asked.

"I know, Xaer, I'll think of something. Remember, we have others still uncaptured in this city, and no one yet knows they were involved." Velsen replied.

"And who is this kil? He came out of du'rakked no where." Xaer said.

"I intend to ask... but not now." The purist said.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Kesh and the other Nevarzians made their way to the city, and entered in at a different point than Kesh's prior choice for entry, this one seeming to be more of an official way into the Nisip city.

Last edited by Whoster on Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:06 pm

Nazzi turned to Tissin. "Go see if you can find someone."

Then chaos ensued.

The one Jorro'kil guard fell writhing to the ground. Tissin looked at him a moment, then drew his sword. "I think a Liirlith is here," he said. Suddenly, alerted by some sixth sense, he slashed at the air, and was rewarded by a screech and some blood. Najii materialized out of cloak, bleeding from one arm. Nazzi pulled a handgun from her belt and fired. Najii dodged the shots and dashed out. Once outside the room, he re-initiated his cloak, cursing at the fact that he was still bleeding. Tissin and Nazzi came out, looking this way and that.

"Wait here," said Nazzi. "I'm going to get help."

Tissin stood guard, looking at the two Jorro'kil sadly. To the knowledge of the Markovans, as of yet no ne had ever survived a Liirlith's sting.

Last edited by tonysaur on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:51 am

((Will post Nvarn stuff tomorrow)).

Ilinya hesitated for a moment. "I do not know what clyrenight is, unfortunately. However, all civilizations tend to use their own type of currency, which varies based off of species. For international transactions, most empires use a currency known simply as Credits that local money can easily be transmuted into. Bartering as also a very common practice in the galaxy."

((Seriously what is clyrenight))

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M on Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:09 am

Krim thought this over a bit and then responded. "A credit system, we can work with that. Also if your wondering clyrenight is a rare metaloid element that is commonly used as a universal currency back where we come from. It forms sort of snowflake shaped crystals."
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Ilmire noticed that the diplomat called her sur. "Actually I'm female but don't worry its a common mistake. I once referred to a member of a genderless race as a zarmale. Anyway as you may have seen this is one of the docking bays. The next room has is going to be one of owr market areas but no shops are there at the moment. Hopefully we can get some trade moving through here, we find its often a good way of improving relationships between races."
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:56 am

Ilinya nodded. "Interesting. I just have a few questions for you before we continue - Why exactly have you chosen to settle in Ravena? Have you encountered any other civilizations? And, most importantly, do you think the Felinites would benefit from trade and diplomacy with the Confederacy?" Ilinya was slightly worried that this race was hiding something, as she found it odd that they have found a base in a strategic area and at this time.

((Maybe we can find a way for the Federation and Xikarian representatives to see each other. Also, I'm still not sure, whoster and curius, what you want me to do with Nvarn))

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M on Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:53 pm

We came here because this galaxy is falling into ruin and we just couldn't stand by and let that happen so we came here to try and set things right despite the fact that we actually weren't allowed to. "

"As for the second question. Another race came in at about the same time as you. I'd image Ilmire is giving them a tour of the station we're building. Also before you two we had some problems with a very annoying soap sailsman."

"And yes we are hoping to get some trade going through here from as many races as possible. And diplomacy has very rarely failed us and as long as it won't get us involved in any of your wars then we are open to it."

"Your still a bit uneasy, although I can't blame you. A strange race just pops out of nowhere like this could spook anyone."
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:04 pm

Ilinya nodded, deep in thought. The Ryun and Wreae did not take pride in their wars, and wished to end them as soon as possible, though the Federation never had the political power to hold the honor bound Jorro'kil and Krathunians back, nor did they want to give the orbs to the UFIAI.

"We of the Ryun-Wreae Federation would like to pursue diplomacy with the Felinites, of course. However, in order to aid our galaxy and, in turn, our people, you must understand the current situation, if you do not already. Is there a private location where I can discuss current events with you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:08 am

Krim's face went very serious after hearing this. "Come with me to my office, we can discuss this matter there. Your colleagues may stay here and look around if they like as long as they stay out of trouble."
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:11 am

Ilinya looked back and nodded at the squad, knowing they had heard what Krim said. She then turned back to the Ambassador and followed him to the office.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top