Ruthless Galaxy: The Paradox Machine - IC

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ruthless Galaxy: The Paradox Machine - IC

Post by Vara Lord on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:17 pm

Still supporting Edacious, Marr looked up in surprise at the sound of an explosion coming from inside the building, the very steps of which he and his two companions were ascending.

"Sounds exciting, doesn't it?" he chuckled. Then another explosion came from somewhere in the valley.

Marr chuckled. "This just keeps getting more interesting."

Everyone jumped with alarm at the explosion. A few people cried out as fragments of the Anubi, some of them rather hot, struck them. The older Vey glared at the younger Xej. "What did you do that for?" he yelled angerly. The older Mott was swearing up a storm, and directing some rather unpleasant insults in the direction of the Jorro'kil.

Without warning, two more Anubi materialized in the room. However, these two were taller, and more military looking than the others, and they seemed to be armed with long staff tipped with what looked like some sort of taser device.

"Please identify the source of the disturbance," they said in commanding voices. The older Teglin reached for his guns, but was stopped by the older Aarin. "There's been a bit of a mistake, that's all," he said quickly. "Everything is fine now."

The Anubi stood for a moment, then one turned to the younger Xej. "The Master is growing irritated with the constant trouble-making that seems to be going on. It would be advisable that everyone should be peaceful, or the Master may be forced to deal with you personally, as he did with the previous troublemaker."

With that, the two Anubi vanished once again. Other Anubi of what was obviously the more servile cast began cleaning the mess, and offering attention to any injured.

The older Mott and Vey came over to the two Xej's. "You feather-faced young booby!" began Mott. "What are you trying to do? Do you want us all in trouble? Did it ever occur to you that. . ." He stopped and looked around for a moment , before continuing on a quieter tone. "Did it ever occur to you that this Master fellow is watching us? He probaly has video and audio feeds hooked to all of these Anubi, and is watching and listening to everything we do. He's tolerating us for the moment, but if we get to irksome too soon, he may take drastic action, just like he seems to hav done with, well. . ." He cast a quick glance at Jiiran, who fortunately didn't notice. "With you-know-whom," he finished.

Lord Jiiran started. An explosion came from the central building. Then another came from somewhere close by in the valley.

"Do you hear that?" he asked Praedromus.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:33 pm

"Must be a battle going on," Alaeas noted. "This could definitely yield some answers. Come, Marr!" Alaeas quickly lifted the injured Edacious onto his back, and trotted further into the valley.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The older Edacious ran into the building at the sound of the explosion. Mildly surprised by all of the aliens, he spoke, "Oh, I see what's happening."

Edacious was silent as the Anubis entered and left, before giving the young Xej a look. He kept silent, however, seeing as everyone else seemed to already be reprimanding him.

Zigwin stepped back from the table and sighed.

Space Dinosaur

http://pseudocompsognathus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:21 pm

"I have to agree with Mott," said the older Vey. "That was an unwise thing to do. What were you thinking?" He cast aglance at the Zealot, obviously thinking he might have some reprimand to add onto his younger self's actions.

The younger Teglin waved glumly at Edacious as he came in. "Welcome to the House of Chaos," he said moodily. "Care to join the party?"

The older Aarin, meanwhile, drew Ravage the older Telin, and the two versions of Theranis, casting a look of invitation over to Zigwin. "We need to get ourselves organized here. If we can't work together effectively, we'll never find a way out."

"But of course," said another voice, familiar as it was horrible. "In such situations as these, nothing's better than teamwork."

Marr strode in, along with two Vil-Nolwikkans, one of whom was injured. The high priest Marr's jaw dropped in astonishment.

For those who had been unfortunate to have encountered this Mondarian remembered him all too well; sadistic, cruel, a sly glint in his eye and grin on his face as if everything was a joke. However, this version of him, rather than being older as would seem reasonable, was younger-looking, something which High Priest Marr was observing with surprise as well. This version of Marr was dressed in armor modeled after that of the old Despotic style. One thing that Ravage would certainly notice was that there was no sound of a heartbeat, or any other sound she might have picked up from a living creature, but rather the sound of minute machinery.

"I fear one of my companions here had a mishap, and is in need of attention," he said cheerfully, jerking a thumb at the past version of Edacious. Two Anubi promptly moved forward to assist. The future Marr continued grinning, looking around at everyone as he identified familiar faces. He nodded in Aarin's direction. "As our wise companions was saying, cooperation is indeed of the essence."
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:02 pm

Xej glared at Mondarians with utter distrust, before gathering those who had questioned his younger self's actions round, and in a low tone, began; "He.. I may seem overly enthusiastic, but I can assure you he will be.. open to correction, as time passes.. But I must be the one to help him." With that, he disbanded the group, and walked over to his younger self.

There was another reason the Zealot was being so lenient on his younger self, one he would not reveal to the others. It was almost self-pity, for only he knew what his younger self would soon experience, and the gory events which would trigger his promotion would come with more than one price.

"Vey, what did the Anubis show you?" He asked. He knew they needed weapons, more than just his sword or the small sidearms that other brought, though ones such as Jiiran and Unsilenced Retribution were exempt from this. He did not, however, want to reveal his thinking immediately, though one could guess.

The younger Xej stood, intently listening to his older self take command.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Emperor Whoster slid through the foliage, hidden by the canopy of trees within the section of the valley that he had materialized in.

His silver armor gleamed in the areas where rays of light penetrated the thick tops of the trees through cracks and openings, a light glow emitted from the back of his armor, where the power cells were continuously and infinitely charged by the Blue Orb.

I can multitasking - Prussian

I actually was busy trying to get more gonger ale - Prussian

Also...just because you rescued a male chick and called him Kevin, doesn't mean I care. - ViperaUnion

But in retaliation, I'm going to add all your typoes to my sig. - Prussian

It's not a horror game, it's more of a pussle - Prussian

Follow the Bloody Brick Road - Prussian

Shut your skittley little mouth - Darkel

I'm actually quite humble, I just love to mess with scurbs. - Canis_dirus

Whos : Ah, I like my bleach straight..

curius : In the eyes
"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:07 pm

The older Vey left the older Aarin in his place, and lead Xej to the room the Anubi had shown him. "This device, apparently, can summon anything you want from outside. All you have to do is put your hands on it and think about what you want."

Vey suddenly gasped, and collapsed against the device in question.

In the meantime, the older Marr's presence was nothing, if not causing discomfort. He seemed to delight in making contact with old acquaintances.

"Ah, Aarin Tiirmot, you're looking fine. How are you doing today?"

Aarin nodded a little stiffly. "I am fine thank you. You seem to be looking good as well. Younger even."

Marr grinned craftily. "Indeed, I am aren't I?"

High Priest Marr looked at his 'older' self closely. "How did you manage that?"

The older Marr threw an arm around his younger self's shoulder. "Oh, this and that. I'll tell you later," he whispered in his younger self's ear. Then he noticed Jiiran. His smile got bigger as he sauntered over. "Well well, I see you have ended up here, too."

Jiiran involuntarily drew back from him. "Do I know you," he asked. Personally, he couldn't imagine knowing any such person.

Marr looked at him carefully at Jiiran for a moment, then nodded. "You certainly seem younger than I remember. Yes, indeed," he said smiling broadly. "We become quite good friends in the future."
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Fri May 02, 2014 12:08 pm

"What are you doing?" Xej asked, annoyed. "Please, move aside..." He folded his arms, and stared at Vey. Overall, the Zealot was an imposing figure, clad in ribbed silver armor that seemed to cage his body in sections along the arms, and protect the abdomen and chest. His helmet was similar, with the ribbed mesh covering the sides of his beak, and a purple plate on the upper mandible, joining the two guards together. The plate was adorned with horizontal blades on the upper side, which added a minute mangificence to his seven-foot-tall figure.

The armoring on his back, arms and legs was a mix of the ribbed, durable combat mesh and a purple armoring with a grooved texture. If one were to study Jorro'kil culture, the reason for this coloring would become immediately apparent, as purple is the color of Jorro'kil blood, and thus their color of honor.

His hands, thick, dark tan extremities with midnight black claws, only added to the formidable stature held by the Zealot, and in full combat readiness there was no doubt whatsoever that he was a warrior, born and bred.

Also...just because you rescued a male chick and called him Kevin, doesn't mean I care. - ViperaUnion

"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Fri May 02, 2014 12:24 pm

The older Vey drew himself upright with difficulty. "Sorry, just my back," he said, his hand still on the device. He sighed. "A little legacy from my father," he added glumly, his mind wandering a moment.

"Input accepted," said a voice from the device. "Retrieving."

"Wha?" said Vey, hurriedly pulling his hand away. The main platform lit up, and the lights began to swirl at the top, going faster and faster until they were blur. What looked like a cylindrical wall of energy rose up from them to the ceiling, sparks of power and energy flashing around the base.

Within the cylinder of energy something seemed to take shape. It looked like a person. A second later, the sound of someone yelling could be heard. Then abruptly, the lights stopped spinning, and went out. The cylinder of energy dissipated. Vey stared at the platformin shock, horror, . . . and anger.

Somehow summoned by Vey's thoughts, a person had been brought here, someone Vey had hoped never to see again. It was a Vatarri, about Vey's height and coloring, with similar finrics, and looking a lot like him. The Vatarri was dressed in a tunic and breeches that looked to have been designed for the workplace, though they had obviously seen better days. There seemed to be dried vomit on his tunic-front, and he was dirty, stinking of booze and drugs. He looked at Vey and Xej, blinking and glaring blearily, before retching and uttering a loud curse.

Xej could here Vey's teeth grinding as he looked at the Vatarri standing there. After a moment, Xej could see the resemblance between the two, and any suspicion he might have had in this regard was confirmed by the single word that came forth from Vey's teeth in a growl.

"Father!"

The Vatarri glared at Vey and Xej. "Who are you two? And where am I?" he demanded in a loud coarse voice, cursing as he did so.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion on Fri May 02, 2014 4:26 pm

Ravage, trying to keep her head low and just observe what was going on, looked up at the sound of commotion she heard in a neighboring room, although only someone with incredibly sensitive ears would pick it up over the onslaught of debates and arguments that ensued. Curious, she went into the room, to see that the older Vey and Xej were standing a short distance from a complete stranger she didn't recognize. She caught the last few catches of conversation, as well.

Ravage had been silent throughout the entire amount of confusion, finally deciding to give up on reacting wildly and thus contribute to the chaos that was already ensuing. Nobody had any true idea what was going on, and now, to make matters worse, Vey had now somehow managed to bring his father into the whole mess through a machine that she was already highly suspicious of. At least, it seemed to be the case, although despite the man's similar appearance, he had none of the same bearing as his son. In truth, he looked like he had come into the place right out of some gutter in the worst part of whatever city he had been living in. He smelled terrible, a combination of a lack of bathing, and the sour, putrid reek of vomit and alcohol on the breath. His scent had a chemical quality to it, as well, the kind that came from heavy drug use. An addict, of all people, to be related to the Prince.

Ravage's beak wrinkled, and she seemed really and truly disgusted by this man, not only did he not seem to care in the slightest about his appearance, but his behavior was already repellent, as it was. Ravage had known herself to curse in the past, but never on this level, although it was possible the man was drunk, she couldn't be sure. She went over and took up a place besides Vey and Xej, remaining quiet, and folding her arms, eyes narrowed, in a calm, yet vaguely threatening manner. She was much more reluctant to get into fights, considering in the past her once-famous healing capability had been weakened after she had somehow managed to contract an illness on an alien planet. Regardless, she was still strong enough to handle this man, if he turned out to be violence, and for Vey's sake, she wouldn't attempt to use lethal force.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Wed May 07, 2014 9:21 pm

The Vatarri looked at everyone with a squint.

"Well? What s'matter with you all? Cantcha talk? Who are ye, and what the [censored] is this place? Where's my wife and son? Start saying somethin' or I'll start layin' out on ya as sure as me name's Genthir Churim!"

He staggered forward a little, and then gasped in pain, stumbling a little. Vey frowned even more. "Back trouble?" he growled.

The Vatarri looked at him in surprise, and then glared at him. "What business is it a' yorn, Nosey Face?"
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Sat May 10, 2014 12:21 pm

Xej was disgusted with the filthy alien standing infront of him, though said nothing. He wasn't sure if it was because it was Vey's father, or if it was because if the Vatarri couldn't see for himself how terrible he looked and sounded, then there was no point in telling him.

"Out of my way." Xej said, approaching him slowly. He intended to get food and weapons out of the summoning machine, but not with the dirty Vatarri standing right next to him.

He looked at him with a disapproving expression, shook his head, and continued towards the device.

"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Sat May 10, 2014 10:21 pm

"Hoi, who you pushin' around, bird-face?" said Genthir, angerly He made to take a swipe at Xej, but was suddenly pulled back and found he couldn't move. Vey was utilizing his telekinetic abilities.

"What the... How you doin' that?" he demanded. "And who are you anyways?"

"Someone you mistreated once," said Vey slowly, in a hard voice. "Nay, many times. Up to the time I was eight years old, I can't remember a time when I wasn't living in terror of you."

Genthir spat. "Yer nuts, I ain't never seen you afore in me life." He peered at Vey closely. "An yet there do seem somethin' familiar about ye. Who are ye?"

"I am Vey. Vey Churim."

Genthir glared at him for a long moment. "What do ya take me for, a fool?" he growled. He came up to Vey, and the two stood looking each other in the eye. "An yet. . ." said Genthir slowly. "No. It ain't possible. It just ain't possible."
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion on Sun May 11, 2014 3:28 pm

Ravage flicked her tail, her arms still folded, "Regardless of what you think, that man is Vey Churim, and he is a quite revered individual, whom you will treat with proper respect." She said, cutting in. At the sound of the harshness of her tone, Xenos' head appeared around the corner of the entrance into the room, and the massive Spiromander lumbered in to stand by her side. Xenos sniffed the air, and snorted, shaking his head, as though he also found the smell Genthir gave off revolting. Ravage reached out and patted her companion's side, "I would also recommend that you are cautious around anyone you meet in this place, because so far, everyone found to be present has been either a powerful warrior, or one of the most brilliant minds in the galaxy. None of us are individuals you want to cross, or have as an enemy."

Her pupils contracted to thin slits, "With all of this in mind, act reasonable, because not many of us here are in the mood to remain calm and peaceful. We were all kidnapped from our respective homes and times, and none of us are happy with the arrangement." She raised one hand, and flexed the fingers on it, letting her talons glint in the light; long, curved talons that were a wicked black and incredibly sharp, which could in their own way serve as weaker weapons, capable of ripping flesh. "Most of us want to have something to take our anger out on, so try not to become a target."

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Sun May 11, 2014 10:02 pm

Genthir blinked, obviously chastened. He frowned at Vey. "How is it yer so old? Why, yer older than me."

Vey blinked. "I was snatched at this point of my life, at two points of my life, actually. There's another version of me here, in fact, there's another version of everyone, it seems."

Genthir's eyes widened. "Ya mean there's two a me runnin' around?" He looked around suspiciously.

"No, there isn't," said Vey.

Genthir frowned. "Why not?"

"Well," said Vey, uncertainly. "You came here rather by accident. I seem to have brought you here with that thing." He pointed to the device that Xej was checking out right now.

Meanwhile, the older Aarin had finally managed to get some order established. Chairs were set up all along one long table, and everyone was seated. The older Marr looked around at all of the faces, casting a glance back at Edacious at one of the tables were two Anubi were tending to his injuries. He smiled slyly. He didn't know where this place was, or what was going on, but whatever it was, he fully intended to take advantage of this situation in whatever way he could.

The older Aarin filled in all present who were unaware of what was known so far. He looked around at all present. "I think we can all agree that we must work together on this. Some of us, I sure," he cast a glance at both versions of Teglin, "might have problems working together, but I must ask that we all put aside our differences for the time being. It is imperative that we are united, or we can say goodbye to any chance of escape."
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion on Sat May 17, 2014 4:28 pm

Ravage flicked her tail, and gave a small nod, "It was supposed to only bring in things you needed, but when Vey touched the machine, his back pain suddenly acted up and caught him by surprise. The simple fact is that he thought about you, so it was no surprise when Vey mentioned you. The machine just happened to accept that as a command, and brought you here, it was largely unintentional, though the rest of us present were taken, and woke up in individual cabins that are scattered around the valley we're in. At the moment, we are all trying to think of a way to return to our original times, and the presence of our past or future selves makes things difficult. Some of the people here begrudge their past selves for the way they are, or the mistakes we know they'll make in the future, and our past selves, likewise, can't be told about future events, for fear that something terrible may happen as a result of the knowledge."

Xenos snorted, and shook his head, and Ravage patted his side, "At present, you and Xenos are the only two who do not have some sort of version aside from yourselves. Xenos, though, is my companion, and I have seldom not had him with me."

Scree raised her hand, "Uh, I don't mind working with others to get out of here, but we can't escape without knowing how we got here, or why we're here. The Anubi seem to be programmed not to tell us anything, so we need to find an organic being that does know something. We haven't seen anyone like that, though." She said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Sat May 17, 2014 10:34 pm

Genthir looked at the machine curiously.

"What is the last thing you can remember?" Vey asked him.

"Well, I was runnin' after you and Elis in some construction site, I think," was the reply.

Vey's eyes narrowed. His father had been snatched from his dimension the moment right before he died. And he had been chasing Vey and his mother, no doubt to punish them for trying to leave him.

Genthir turned. "Is there anythin' to drink round here? I'm thirsty."

"An excellent point, Scree," said the older Aarin. "We most likely can't rely on the Anubi to give us any useful information. An organic being would seem logical, but the only question is, where would we find one?"

"How about that big tower on the cliffs?" volunteered Jiiran. "I think we all saw as we were coming here."

"Good thinking, Jiiran," said the older Aarin. "That would definitely be a good place to look."

"You're not talking about the big scary tower are you?" asked the younger Teglin nervously.

"What else would he be talking about?' said the older Teglin. "No doubt the 'scariness' of it is intended to discourage anyone from going there."

Emperor Whoster was suddenly born to the ground by a large black creature of great size and strength.

"Don't move, or you die," said Lord Jiiran, as he began to jam his bladed fingers into the Jorro'kil's armor, seeking the Blue Orb within. The Emperor could see Praedromus standing nearby, having accompanied Jiiran.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion on Sun May 18, 2014 10:03 am

Ravage flicked her tail, knowing that she shouldn't trust Vey's father to get his own drink, as it was clear he was a kind of violent drunk. When she was a chick, Ravage's mother had told her stories about her first husband, a man who suffered post-traumatic stress, and who mixed steroids with alcohol. Her mother, in fact, had suffered a mild case of post-traumatic stress, because she couldn't remember most incidents, the memories having been blocked out to preserve her well-being. The first husband was highly abusive and controlling, and as Ravage's mother had married at a young age, she had often not possessed the knowledge or courage when it came to escaping her situation. In the end, however, Ravage's mother finally had the courage to leave the man, and, as though she had been the only source of stability in the household, the first husband committed suicide after the divorce.

Ravage, though, credited her mother for all the wisdom she had, and even though they were both now deceased, would never cease to think fondly of either of her parents. After the divorce, Ravage's mother was an older woman who fell in love and married a second man, Ravage's father, despite the fact that much of the family on the groom's side disapproved of him marrying an older woman until the marriage was actually genuine. Their love was so strong, however, that Ravage had never in her life seen her parents argue, and had grown up with a very happy childhood. Her father was often away, as he was in the military, but Ravage had a strong bond with him, because whenever he was home, he made a special effort to be a good father. Ravage's mother told her that when they had been dating, Ravage's father had been dangerously close to becoming an alcoholic himself, but many of her husband's friends claimed that the marriage had saved him from that fate; he had also possessed a tendency to curse like a sailor, but immediately broke the habit in order to please his wife.

With these childhood memories of the stories her parents told running through her mind, Ravage sighed, and went over to the machine, thinking of a glass of water, as well as two bottles of pills, one of calcium carbimide, and the other acamprosate. The machine, just as expected, gave her these three things, and walked over to Genthir, pressing the water into his hand, "Sir, you are an alcoholic, and a violent drunk, at that, standing among warriors that can easily kill you; therefore, for your own safety, I am going to make sure you do not drink here, and remain sober." She took the two bottles and measured out the correct dosage of both, "I want you to swallow these pills, and you will want to, as they are commonly used in treating alcohol addiction. One will make your stomach reject alcohol, so I can be sure if I'm not watching you won't drink, and the other will greatly lessen any withdrawal symptoms, perhaps even preventing them completely. You will swallow these pills so you can keep your wits about you, and if you yourself do not swallow them, I will force you to take them, and that would be highly unpleasant for us both, considering I have no desire to jam them down your throat."

She then looked over at Vey, "As an officer, I have college-level education, and many of my courses were taken at a younger age on dual-enrollment or advanced placement. I took a few classes regarding medicine and pharmacology, so you can trust that I'm not trying to poison him." She cracked a small smile, "I suppose I've never really applied the knowledge until now, though, and yet I'm getting shot at and sliced with blades every time I show up somewhere. I was never cut out to be a genuine doctor, the closest I can get is perhaps field medicine or drug rehabilitation, since those two are all I really found interesting as a career."

Scree looked over at the younger Teglin, "Why are you scared? If you think that tower is scary, you should see what a Krylonian prison looks like! They don't have doors, they throw you in a cage, and weld the bars shut, there's only a small slot food goes through!" She then turned red, "Uh, well, it's effective, we're not inhumane, though. We always have a tool to break open the cage if there's something urgent." She then looked down, "I'll stop talking, now..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Sun May 18, 2014 11:27 am

Xej had already moved aside with the equipment he had just summoned, two T-25 IARs, a railgun, a standard infantry helmet for his younger self, and extra rations to share between himself, easily attachable to either version's belt.

With one last look at Genthir and the others in the room, he set off downstairs, and upon arriving the first floor, walked straight to his younger self, handed him the helmet, rations and a rifle, and then hefted his own rifle. The Zealot was now equipped with three weapons, his sword, the deactivated hilt neatly clinging to his right thigh armor, the railgun slung over his back, and his IAR, which he carried. Normally, the older Xej preferred to use simply his sword, but in the situation, he decided to go for higher firepower.

The younger Xej was relieved to be able to complete his armor, and he locked the rather triangular helmet in place with a satisfying click. Blue energy washed over him as the shielding was able to complete itself, with all components being in place.

"Finally, I have my rifle." He said in a complacent tone.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Emperor Whoster didn't sit still, but slammed a fist into the armored figure's body, the force amplified by his power armor. Quickly, he aimed the channeling rail on his left arm at the new enemy, and fired a massive beam of blue energy, which illuminated everything nearby. The Emperor's helmet protected his vision, as the digital viewscreens enabling him to see automatically compensated for the sudden increase in light.  

The Emperor expected to see nothing more than a charred set of armor in the place of the blast.

"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Sun May 18, 2014 10:34 pm

Genthir glared at Ravage, but dared not resist, and so sullenly swallowed everything, making a face as he did so.

"We should get back to the others," began Vey, when suddenly a thought occurred.

"Oh my," he murmured. "How is my younger self going to react to this? I was a roaring volcano at his age."

The older Aarin smiled a little. "Well, I think we need to get to that tower somehow, yet I have a feeling that it might be difficult to just walk there. Fortunately, some of us here can fly. As soon as Ravage and Vey get back,. . ." he began, then was distracted by Xej's return and his giving his younger self weapons.

"Excuse me," he called to them, "but have you seen Vey (the older one, I mean) and Ravage?"

The blast sent Jiiran backwards into a building, and he seemed to disappear under it. But when the light dissipated, he stood, his armor heated, but unharmed.

He sprang forward and seized Whoster, and with one arm lifted him bodily off the ground so that his feet dangled in the air. His other hand came forward, and the bladed fingers tore a chunk out of Whoster's helmet so that his face was exposed.

"Try that again, and you will die," said Jiiran. "Now hand over the Orb. I know you have it."

Without warning, two Anubi materialized on the spot. One of them pointed the staff-like object it carried at Jiiran and a strange signal was emitted from it. Instantly, Jiiran's armor retracted back into its harness.

"What?!" cried Jiiran.

The Anubis then shot Jiiran with the staff. He collapsed in a heap on the ground, stunned. The other Anubis then stunned Emperor Whoster in the exact same way.

"When these come to," said one of the Anubi to Praedromus, "tell them that they shall be confined if they behave in this fashion again." The Anubi then disappeared.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion on Mon May 19, 2014 1:26 pm

Ravage flicked her tail, "If I must, I will assist in keeping your younger self in line, Vey. I've lived my life learning that order is often maintained through the use of somewhat harsher methods, and that on many occasions, it is the only thing that works. I used to believe that compassion was a good way to dissipate ill behavior, but that is not always true. If your younger self truly seeks to take his anger out on your father, then he will have to learn there will be a severe consequence if he tries. He has to be discouraged from doing that, and if so, the best way is to make him fear my punishment more than he does letting his father go unscathed."

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Mon May 19, 2014 10:35 pm

"Thank you, Ravage, but I think I can take care of him. Still, if he gets too out of line, I suppose a kick or two won't hurt."

The trio entered the main room just as the older Aarin was directing his question to the two Xej's.

"Oh, there you are," he said, catching sight of them. "We were just discussing. . . who is this?" He looked at Genthir curiously.

Jiiran was the first to regain consciousness, being the stronger of the two. He immediately reactivated his armor, and turned to Praedromus.

"What happened?" he demanded.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion on Tue May 20, 2014 3:05 pm

Ravage flicked her tail, "The machine that we can use to bring items here apparently works on people, as well. Vey brought this man here by accident, but he is not a soldier or scientist like the rest of us, so please, be understanding if he lacks certain knowledge." She explained in a short, simple manner, though she effectively conveyed the message, and what she expected from everyone else. She folded her arms, "Having this in mind, this man isn't a threat to us, so there's no need to be suspicious. Regardless, this situation only proves what we've already begun to accept, that we have all been ripped out of our respective times and locations. This man is from the past, but he did not have any sort of social status that would draw special attention, so it is unlikely he will understand conversations about future events, and it is likely those of you from the past will not know him, either."

She scanned the faces of the people, "This all being said, let's not start a fight over this man's arrival, because as of now, he's in the same situation as the rest of us."

She then turned to the older Vey, "It's not for me to mention who he is, I'm only going to see if I can keep an outbreak of violence or bullying from occurring." She said, speaking in a lower voice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Tue May 20, 2014 8:01 pm

There was a scraping sound as a chair slid out from the table. It was the younger Vey. He hurried over and stared at Genthir in infuriated incredulity.

"Who is this?" he demanded.

"My name's Genthir, and that's all ya need to know," growled Genthir, still having a little withdrawal despite the medicine.

"Genthir Churim?" said the younger Vey, his eyes blazing.

"Yeah, what of it?" began Genthir, then happened to glance between the two versions of Vey. "Oh," he said.

The younger Vey breathed hard, his face flushing with rage. "You're dead!" he yelled, and lunged at his father. However, before he could reach him, the older Vey telekinetically caught him and pushed him back. The older Vey glared at him in bafflement. "How did you do that?"
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion on Tue May 20, 2014 8:32 pm

Ravage walked over to the younger Vey, "There's no point in explaining how things occur; trying to tell you why your future-self has telekinesis would be like me trying to explain to my past-self how I wound up turning into a mutant. It would take a very long time, and we don't know what impact telling the future to our past-selves would have." Her eyes narrowed, and her voice took a quieter tone, with a sharper edge, "I understand, though, that it is infuriating, to have a foe that you thought was dead suddenly come back to life. Far too many of my enemies die, and won't stay dead." Her hands clenched into fists, and she backed away to stand next to the older version of Vey, staving off the sudden aggression with sheer force of will. She folded her arms, and forced herself to relax her hands, before speaking again, her voice once again calm, "Regardless of what you think of this man, I am making sure to keep a close eye on him, so that he doesn't do anything that causes trouble for the rest of the people here, or needlessly endanger himself."

Scree, sitting over in her chair, wrinkled her beak, "Ugh, I'm not normally one to say anything, but he smells really bad, how can I smell something from all the way over here? Is that man an alcoholic? Did you give him some medication to stop withdrawal symptoms and keep him from drinking?" One eye squinted.

Ravage looked at Scree, "Yes, I gave him the proper dosage," She said, looking vaguely annoyed that Scree would ask her future-self a question like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Fri May 23, 2014 9:05 pm

Praedromus stared at the Anubis for several seconds, both hands curling into fists and glowing with green energy. After a while, he nodded, his gaze turning to the incapacitated men - The great Emperor Whoster, and the vile but powerful Lord Jiiran. "Understood." He muttered, turning his head slightly towards the machine. The Supreme stood in between the two, ready for one of them to awake and rise. However, he did not take advantage of the situation and attempt to obtain the prized artifact within the Jorro'kil's armor. In fact, the Blue Orb seemed to repel Praedromus, as if he did not want to touch it, for fear of being corrupted or cursed by the Eldraunnian object.

Both of the Krathunians and Wreae silently watched in their chairs as the chaotic situation revolving around Genthir's arrival unfolded. Though both the older versions could have taken the initiative, they did not know the participants as well as some other people present, nor did they feel it was necessary given Ravage's role already. The Sentinel, however, did place his heavy hardlight assault rifle upon the table in case a situation broke out. Just outside the building, meanwhile, the Xarthonians and Abarron had formed a problem of their own.

"Who is Praedromus, and why do you now look at me like that, Rigniron?" Orian demanded, shouting at Abarron.

"I cannot reveal that now, my... old friend." The former Supreme countered back, gazing between the two Xarthonians.

"Orian," Admiral Rigniron slowly said, glancing at his peer and friend. "Why does he take on the appearance of those forsaken beasts?" He gestured at Abarron, his question referring to the fact that the Vrentus had taken on the appearance of an Eldraunn.

"I did what was necessary," Abarron growled, taking a step forward. "I need to find Praedromus, and now, before he does any real damage."

It was at this moment that the Wreae and both versions of Theranis took note of the conflict and approached the three, interested in the situation. "Abarron," The Sentinel said, smiling. "It is an honor to greet you, my friend." The Krathunian knelt, as is customary.

His younger self, however, had taken a drastically different approach. Holding his gun up at the Vrentus, his eyes looked wildly at Theranis. "What are you doing?" He shrieked in anger and fear. "That is Abarron! D-Do not greet him with honor, for he is a fiend that has terrorized us greatly!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Fri May 23, 2014 11:18 pm

The older Aarin guided everyone back to their seats, noting with some annoyance that the two versions of Theranis and the Wreae had left. "We were just talking about reaching the one tower on the cliffs," he said. "It would seem that that is most likely the source of whatever is going on there."

"Unfortunately," said the older Mott, "it's rather high up, and the only conceivable way to get there is flying, which not all of us here are capable of."

Turning from Praedromus, Jiiran's eyes fell on Whoster, who was just starting to groan as he recovered. Jiiran's blade came out. Obviously he intended to kill the Jorro'kil before he was recovered.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top