Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which race should I use?

3 posters

Go down

Which race should I enter?

Which race should I use? I_vote_lcap40%Which race should I use? I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
Which race should I use? I_vote_lcap40%Which race should I use? I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
Which race should I use? I_vote_lcap20%Which race should I use? I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Which race should I use? Empty Which race should I use?

Post by Vara Lord Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:25 pm

Hello, everyone. I need some help with something.

Up to this point, I have introduced four different races into the RG universe. There are two more that I specifically want to introduce in the future, which leaves just one more space available to me to introduce another. I have three different ideas (I had a fourth, but I can't remember what it was), but am unable to choose amongst them, so I'm going to give a brief summary of each of the three races and let you decide what you think would be the best one. Feedback is welcome.

The Makra:

These creatures are both mammalian and insect-like in biology, and in fact, are still what you would call primitive. They originated on Deyatron-5, Isbar's planet of origin. They acquired space technology only recently by stealing from explorers who came to Deyatron-5, and over the years have collected a fair amount of advanced technology in this fashion. They are constantly scavenging for as much as they can grab, desiring more power, which they think technology can give them.

The Devorin:  

A somewhat reptilian race, but warm-blooded and lightly furred. They are physically stronger than most other races, and tend to be seven-and-a-half to eight feet tall; they tend not to be quite as fast as others, however. They walk equally well on two limbs or four.. They have fairly good technology, but prefer to fight with melee weapons, thinking distance fighting is cowardly, which have been made to be able to let them stand against other races that rely more on more modern weaponry. They don't have eyes, but have plates on their faces sensitive to photons, giving them, after a fashion, sight. They place stress on loyalty and honor. They don't have a large empire, not really having any imperialism in their philosophy; however, they are slow to forget, and will work tirelessly to avenge any injury.

The Ythi'ri:

A bizarre race of isolationists, these creatures are secretive and little known. Their cellular biology has some notable differences from most biological life forms. They don't have technology, per se, since they believe it to be evil; however, they are able, using highly advanced genetics, to design mechs, ships, even weapons and firearms, that are in fact living, biological creatures (I've based this exact trait on a Star Wars race).
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Which race should I use? Empty Re: Which race should I use?

Post by Vara Lord Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:29 pm

If I don't get anymore votes within by the end of Saturday, I'll make my own decision and consider the matter closed.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:17 am

Alright, the polls are closed. I'm going to do the Devorin. Expect a sheet sometime in the future.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:36 am

Uh, just a quick thing I noticed, the Devorin are pretty similar to the Krathunians.

Just sayin'. Razz
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:35 am

No plagiarism intended. I've actually been thinking about them a bit, and I'll be throwing in some things that should definitely set them apart.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:35 pm

I kind of liked the Makra, not just because it could give you lots of opportunities for character development, but there could be a pretty interesting story that sprouts out of the whole thing, since you mentioned locals on that planet having to go through a rite of passage and kill a Virc. Plus, a race that's only recently obtained the technology would give it its own unique identity.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:21 pm

The problem is, I haven't really managed to get a lot out of them in my mind, and I have no ideas for characters.  Embarassed I was getting better ideas with the Devorin, especially since I had an idea for there actually being two subspecies of them.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:25 pm

Okay, I'll give this another goal, and collect votes for one more week.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down