The Disruption (IC)

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Disruption (IC)

Post by Whos on Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Xerin had been quite surprised at the events of the contents. Having been invited to watch from the beginning, he hadn't expected such a brutal ending. It was not only appearance that set this Chimerosu apart but ability, he noted, and, in his mind, quietly disregarded any possibility of having known her, not beginning to wonder what could turn a Chimerosu into such an...advanced fighter.

I can multitasking - Prussian

I actually was busy trying to get more gonger ale - Prussian

Also...just because you rescued a male chick and called him Kevin, doesn't mean I care. - ViperaUnion

But in retaliation, I'm going to add all your typoes to my sig. - Prussian

It's not a horror game, it's more of a pussle - Prussian

Follow the Bloody Brick Road - Prussian

Shut your skittley little mouth - Darkel

I'm actually quite humble, I just love to mess with scurbs. - Canis_dirus

Whos : Ah, I like my bleach straight..

curius : In the eyes
"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:17 pm

((I sent Curius a PM a couple days ago, waiting for him to respond before I go on with the Overcharge story. A timeskip for the Continuum Corrupter story will be initiated once I can get the next post on Overcharge out. Tonysaur, if you want to have someone visit Rakluth on the bridge, go ahead.))

Svar watched intently as Ravage sparred, studying the tactics used on both sides. The Krathunian wanted to be able to get to know what his allies were capable as best as possible before continuing on the mission. Like Xerin, he was rather startled at what had occured; The other Chimerosu had not stood a chance against Ravage, and her capabilities interested Svar. With these thoughts the relatively large Krathunian walked off, heading to the forge area to start alterations on his armor. He did not want a Cavernian to do the job - Though he knew one of them would be skilled, they would have no knowledge on how to handle the armor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:02 am

Admiral Lirr cam onto the bridge. He had finished his preparations. "I'm all set, Sir. Is there a practice gym on board?"
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:49 pm

((All set to go. During this post a timeskip will be initiated for the Continuum Corrupter and UFIAI counterattack plots as to keep them going. This timeskip, however, will not apply to the Aracharchne plot, as all parts of said plot are under the jurisdiction of Vipera. Please note that posts related to these pltos are now not occurring at the same time, and I will say when they are.))

Admiral Rakluth turned the Lirr from the ship's main control console, which displayed a holographic map of the galaxy and their plotted journey. "Of course, my friend. Follow me." The two walked through the crowded halls once more until they reached a large room close to the armory. Within, several soldiers could be seen honing their skills, either by sparring or using solid hologram technology to practice using firearms and melee. To the side of all of this, several rows of gym equipment could be shown for conditioning, ranging in size for crew members of any species.

"This is our training hall. It is equipped with exercise and combat equipment as to allow our men to train to the best of their ability. This room contains a wide variety of weapons, ranging from Krathunian swords to Ryun-Wreae plasma rifles to Jorro'kil shotguns. I do not doubt that you will like to use your own weapons, however. If you so choose you may spar with any soldier or activate a hologram AI. If you need any assistance, Admiral, do not be afraid to ask." With this, the Admiral strode off.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

((Timeskip initiated. The UFIAI counterattack and the Continuum Corrupter storylines are now 5 days ahead of current events.))

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A medium-size shuttle hovered through the air, having departed from the Krathunian Destroyer a couple minutes ago and descended into the atmosphere of Ilthan. It touched down on the mountainous, rough terrain of the mountain, the snow below melting from the heat of the plasma engines. Admiral Rakluth was the first one out, his helmet off as to allow him to breathe the frigid air. Behind him were Zizo, Teglin, and Lirr, all having prepared for the mission. A couple soldiers followed them, sent as backup in case anything went wrong. With all the crew and their equipment off the shuttle ascended back into the atmosphere once more.

The group was immediately greeted by Krathunian historian and scientist Hilja Nvarus, who wore a heavy robe-like garment with several plates of armor under it. Next to her was Sentinel Theranis Ra'agus, investigating the ruins as to support the Confederacy and Admiral Rakluth in his endeavor. Then there was Lieutenant Unit 28515, a Wreae sent on behalf of the Federation to accompany the Sentinel.

Rakluth knelt, then stood up to salute the Sentinel by reaching out with a closed fist. "Sentinel, this is rather unexpected. Thank you for joining us." The Sentinel returned the He turned to Hilja, smiling to reveal rows of glinting, sharp teeth. "Hilja, my friend. It has been a long time."

"It has, my dearest Rakluth." Hilja responded. "Oh, before I forget, this is Lieutenant Unit 28515, who's joining your party in the investigation." The Wreae silently clasped his hands and bowed. "Now, I do not think you've introduced the rest of the crew here - We should get that out of the way before we get to business, no?"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Approximately 5 days after the meeting on Ieegar, an odd fleet could be seen leaving orbit around the planet. It consisted of a mix of ships from a couple empires. At the head of the fleet was a familiar Ryun-Wreae Dreadnought, the Wrath, headed by none other than Captain Unit 8164392, accompanied by the Zealot. Following this ship were a mix of Krathunian, Jorro'kil, and Ryun-Wreae warships, including a couple Destroyers. Interestingly enough the fleet also contained many heavy armored planetary bombardment ships and several smaller vessels that could be classified as salvaged UFIAI ships. Each ship within the fleet had been specially upgraded with brand new tactical cloaking devices and weaponry, especially the bombardment ships - All of these were of Ryun-Wreae make, and new plasma bombardment and mass drivers had been added for maximum planetary devastation. The ships all entered FTL, travelling towards one specific planet. The Captain ordered most ships to cloak immediately upon exiting warp. After several minutes, they exited FTL and immediately cloaked, save for the Wrath and several smaller vessels. They approached a UFIAI planet.

One of the crew members aboard the Wrath approached the Captain, asking, "Sir, where exactly are we?"

The Wreae turned, observing status messages from each of the ships and scanning the environment around them using a HUD. "This, as you can see, is a planet owned by the United Fleets of Independent Artificial Independence. This is home to a younger AI - A more radical intelligence. We're going to convince it to help us." The Wreae opened up his COMM relay as the ships came into regular communications radius with the planet's systems. "Greetings. I am Captain Unit 8164392 of the Ryun-Wreae Federation of the United Ieegan Systems, also representing the Confederacy." The Wreae made sure to speak these words in a rather neutral tone as to not sound too aggressive. "Our empires are at war. If I had wanted to destroy you, I would have done so by now. A larger fleet is waiting behind me. However, I have an offer to make. The Confederacy will lend its support to you exclusively if you can do the same."

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:06 pm

Travis blinked, staring at Ambigon, as the soldiers, all aside from Captain Silver, slowly began to file out of the room, wanting to forget the whole incident had ever happened, and how easily two of their best mentors had been defeated. In the first battle, Ravage had been calm and collected, even retaining a sense of humor, judging by how amused she had been by Grove's attempts to attack her. In the second fight, she hadn't laughed or looked amused, and when Snow had started to back her into a corner that limited movement, she had bitten him. After that, she had lost her sense of reason, and shaken the limb as a predator would have, to worsen the injury so as to rip out chunks of flesh. She must have retained some grain of herself, though, as she had quickly fought off whatever rage came over her, and shoved him away, to keep herself from attacking him again. After the trance had faded, the look of sheer horror on her face, and the shame, was awful to see. She had mentioned that she suffered rages such as those to Aarin before, but what triggered them, she never truly said.

"Prey drive?" Travis echoed the words Ambigon had spoken a moment ago. He looked at a loss for words, he wasn't quite sure what he was supposed to do in these situations.

Silver frowned, a touch of regret on his face, "I never wanted to get into this fight, I'm glad I don't have to, but seeing this made me realize, I'm not fit to be a Captain. I was weak, I gave into peer pressure too easily, and they almost made me do something that might have gotten me killed." He said, extremely sincere and apologetic. He turned to Travis, "I used to train hounds on Caverna, a lot of whatever they were bred to do, whether it be retrieving or fighting, involved their prey drive, or at least various aspects of it. It's the desire to hunt down prey and kill it. Dogs with a strong prey drive are dangerous, retrievers with strong drives destroy what they're supposed to bring back, and herding animals that should just keep the animals in line attack the flock. Ambigon means that Ravage has a strong prey drive overall, that means that she instinctively wants to kill things." He then looked down at the floor, off to one side.

Kerr flicked his tail, "I noticed something, too. The fact is, most Chimerosu can bite without drawing blood. Ravage can't do that, because she actually has teeth. The grip she had wouldn't have made a wound if she had lacked them, she did it mostly to block Snow's blow, while still leaving her with a free hand to shove him away. She didn't seem to enter that rage until she tasted blood. There are vicious carnivorous fish on my planet that enter a frenzy when that happens. Those species are solitary, because in occasions where there were group feedings, they attacked each other, and sometimes even injured themselves in the process." He said, looking at them, "You already saw that she didn't much care for vegetables, and I imagine Aarin and Prince Vey never observed her eating meat in their presence. It's clear to me she can't taste blood without having a rage like that occur, though she can be around it, and smell it, and be safe."

Blair turned and looked between Kerr and Silver, "So yer saying that she has those feral behaviors, and can't do a thing to control them, then?"

Kerr shook his head, "No, there isn't control, because the drive to behave in those ways is instinctive, she can't logically control them, because the primal drive to do those things is stronger than the intelligent part of her brain. You saw, though, the horror she had on her face. It doesn't happen often around others, and when it does, it's not a welcome experience. She did this so people wouldn't regard her as fragile and delicate. In some ways, she is, but now others may never trust her, because they saw what she did to Snow. I am sorry to say that she will likely never fit in anywhere, not even among other Chimerosu, the differences she has compared to them is too great. She's too clever, too powerful, and too unpredictable for the majority to feel safe around her." The Stagnumian turned to look at Aarin, "Even you looked shocked, and you have known her longer than the rest of us."

Travis sighed, "Enough, clearly she punishes herself more than anyone else ever could. I suppose she's locked herself up in her ship, and won't come out for awhile, now. The least we can do is hope that Snow and Grove will not make a mess of things, worse than they already are. We'll probably arrive soon at Vitis, the fighting killed a lot more time than we thought, and the Majesty is a fast ship, for its size. When news was received that Ravage was joining us, it was arranged for a special guest to accompany us, and he's waiting for us on Vitis to pick him up. He's the only one who knows enough about Ravage to really tell us what we're dealing with."

He turned to walk away to the control room, but Haku's voice stopped him, "It's Samir, isn't it?" He asked. "The last male Krylonian? They traveled together for some five years, before Ravage left him on a planet that she deemed safer for him. I know he's living on Vitis, but I never met him."

Travis sighed, but didn't turn back to face them, "Yes, it's Samir, that poor man, he's covered in scars, and only now am I starting to realize how he might have gotten them." He then ascended the stairs and vanished through the sliding doors of the control room.

Corey was discussing something with a few Frigian scientists when Allé arrived. He turned and looked over at him, "Ah! Allé, how nice to see you! For a moment, I was worried the ghost was back. It came through here a moment ago, went into the airlock where the Stealth Strider is, and then Xenos followed it. Ravage was nowhere in sight, though. Perhaps you can shed some light on what happened up there with the sparring match with the mentors? After all, Krylonians are the only species with the ability to camouflage themselves, everyone else lost that ability." He squinted one eye.

Back to top Go down

Post by curius on Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:32 pm

The AI residing at the planet called itself Baron Saturday. It had been concentrated in directing its fleet that was fighting against a Confederacy’s fleet around a densely populated planet. Like every other’s, Saturday’s all warships were accompanying the grand offensive. Therefore this sudden appearance of such large, hostile fleet really shocked it, more so because this planet was Baron Saturday’s only one.

But being an AI, Saturday’s shock was a brief one. Quickly it ensured that no other AI had noticed the situation it was in, and then blocked the usual data-links to prevent others from listening to the ongoing conversation. It then established a comm-link with the ship that had contacted it. “Salutations, Wreae. I am AI Baron Saturday, and I think I can guess what the answer will be if I decide to reject your offer”, Saturday said while scanning the surrounding space for the small hints from cloaked ships. There were enough traces to confirm that there could be a sizable fleet at the system. “So, Captain Unit 8164392, you present what kind of support you require and I shall decide if my life is worth enough as a payment”, Baron Saturday continued with its voice that sounded like dozen different speakers from different races were speaking at the same time, some of the whispering and echoing the words. Saturday’s appearance at the projector appeared as a simplified skull with features from multiple races, including all races in the Confederacy. The skull was wearing a focused, and little doubting expression.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:56 pm

The Wreae looked around at its crew, some of them slightly unnerved by the appearance of such a figure. "Baron Saturday, we require access to the wormhole network that the UFIAI possesses as well as a... Planet to be directed to. If you allow us this opportunity, the Confederacy can and will reward you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Aarin was silent. At Snow's words he looked up. "We were all a little foolish in this, I think, but I might be more culpable than some in this affair. I knew she was subject to such rages, though I had never witnessed it until now, and yet I said nothing against this." He glanced at Snow. "If it you means anything to you, Sir, I'd say you are a better captain than the others." Aarin then left the room.

A few minutes later, there was a light knocking on the side of Ravage's ship.

"Ravage, it's Aarin. May I come in?"

"I'm afraid I can't help you there," said Allé. "I wasn't watching myself. Never did go in for that sort of thing. But anyways, there's something I wanted to share with you and get your professional opinion on."

Just then Mott came around the corner, holding some papers. "Ah, what luck," he said. "You're both here. I was working on some ideas I had for non-provocative means of repelling the Arachna-whatchamacallit drones, and I'd thought I'd go over them with you two."

"Um. . . okay, sure," said Allé. He gave Corey a look that said I'll tell you later.

Admiral Lirr, in addition to his armor, had some special spandex-like insulation on his arms and legs, extending to his foot greaves and gauntlets, and the rest of his armor had been given additional modifications for the cold. His two swords were sheathed in their harness connected to his back horns, and his small hand gun was holstered on his belt. Additionally, he had assembled a plasma rifle from components he had brought with him.

Drawing his swords, he presented them hilt first to Hilja, Sentinel Theranis and the Wreae Lieutenant. "I am Admiral Lirriva din Asmacar. Here are my swords and here is my hand in friendship."

Zizo Tai and Teglin were both outfitted in light battle armor, with parkas over top, with Zizo's being made to accommodate his long neck and crest. Both were also wearing boots suited the different shapes of their feet, and blizzard goggles. Each carried a pack, a walking stave, and carried a medium-small gun of interesting design. These were in fact disintegraters, designed by Zizo himself.

"What ho, everyone!" said Zizo cheerfully. "This here is Teglin, and me, my name is Zizo Tai. Call us whatever you want, just so long as you don't call us late for dinner."
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:33 pm

Ravage should have known she couldn't trust herself to simply spar with someone, for whenever she was involved in fighting, it somehow always evolved into her using lethal force. Worse, just when she thought she had full control over herself, a rage would make her do something that she regretted. It set her right back to the hopeless beginning, those days of self-loathing that had plagued her after receiving her mutations, when she felt truly alone, and unfit to belong anywhere at all. She was a monstrosity, designed to be a weapon that killed and destroyed, the result of wicked science that never intended to help anyone at all. She tried so often to be a person worthy of respect, to be someone who could accept who they were, but just when she thought those dreams were in reach, they became dismally distant again. What had been well-intended had resulted in her behaving like a beast in the presence of others, and had almost resulted in the death of Captain Snow. She couldn't trust herself, no matter how good things had gone in the past. She had gotten better about coping when disturbing memories came, but at even the slightest taste of blood, she lost all sense of self-control.

When Aarin came, asking to come in, Ravage involuntarily flinched, not sure if she could even discuss what had just happened. There was no excuse or explanation for what she did, she was responsible, and no one else. She should have denied the request, and she didn't know what made her do it, but instead, she pressed a button on the control panel of her ship, opening the hatch and the hallway connecting to it, so that there was access to the main body of the ship. Seeing as there was no taking back the action, she walked over to her chair among three others sitting around a circular table in the large room. It was clearly hers, marked by the shredded cushions she had never bothered to replace. Now, taking it as a sign of her guilt, she hunched over and curled her tail around her feet, hiding the tip of her beak into her tail tuft. With her head lowered in such a manner, she looked extremely small, and almost painfully child-like, but the position comforted her. It restored the warmth that had somehow gone out of her limbs in an instant. She didn't know if it was truly cold, or if it was simply the silent horror that she felt.

Xenos, in turn, sensing the distress of his companion, was also upset. The unease spread to the Spiromander, enough that it set him on edge, and made him suspicious of anyone who got near her. Now extremely protective, and with Ravage seemingly unable to do anything to protect herself, he was set on edge, and even familiar creatures made him wary. It was no surprise when Xenos was like this that he gave a low warning growl to Aarin as he entered the chamber. It wasn't a threatening one, but a clear warning that Aarin should be careful about his actions. There was a cold, almost hostile air about the interior of Ravage's ship, despite the pristine cleanliness, and the warmer temperatures adjusted for the Spiromander now residing in it. It might have been warm and cozy, but it seemed as though the Stealth Strider itself was filled with horrible secrets. It was also clear that very few other than its pilot and her mount had ever entered it. There were a few happy memories, but they had been long ago, and now there was an almost lonely aura about it, a coldness that was born from isolation and distrust.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:00 pm

The sight of Ravage in the condition she was in struck Aarin to his heart. He took a step forward, but a warning growl from Xenos warned him that this wasn't the thing to do right now. After a moment, he sat down on a chair, with some difficulty, since it wasn't designed for a biped. He was about to ask Ravage if she was alright, but then closed his mouth. Of course she wasn't how could she be? Who could, after what had happened?

The silence was uncomfortable and miserable, for both. Aarin deeply wished he could say something, anything, that might alleviate the pain she must feel, but his mind turned blank. What could he say?

Perhaps it is best that I don't say anything at the moment, he thought, but rather sit here and wait for her to speak. If I can't say anything at the moment, at least my presence may help, so she knows she is not alone.

Unbidden to his mind arose a memory from long ago, from a situation not so different from this one, perhaps even worse, when Vey was a young man, just come to the throne, and Aarin himself was only in his teens. It had been a moment of grief for both of them, and though Aarin had moved on, he knew his brother still bore the scars from it.

Aarin looked at Ravage. He knew her thoughts. She was condemning herself, racked by guilt by what had happened, probably loathing herself more than any other creature in the universe. Aarin had seen this many times before, from one he loved dearly, his own brother, Vey.

Aarin shelved the memory for the moment, though it still hovered at the back of his mind. He would sit where he was, and simply be there for her. He knew he wouldn't have anything to say at the moment. Let her speak first when she was ready. Then perhaps, when she had said something, he would have something to give her.
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:18 pm

After the longest time, when the silence stretched on until it was so unbearable, nobody could handle it anymore, Ravage spoke. "You didn't have to come here, and if you hadn't, I wouldn't have blamed you." She said, though she remained in the coiled position. She didn't even make eye contact, keeping her gaze downcast, reflecting on so many things. The stunned and terrified faces just kept flashing back, like white hot daggers in her mind, with only small fragments of the memories beforehand. Sometimes she couldn't recall anything, she could only look at what she had done and guess. She could not stop these things from happening, because they had been happening ever since the day she had been shot by that syringe dart. That had torn apart all hope of ever being able to be fully trusted by anyone, because no matter how much Ravage desperately cared about someone, she would without hesitation attack them in a rage. She had then cut herself off from ever letting herself have faith in feelings, because it was so much easier to face the truth, then.

After another pause, she spoke again, still not stirring from her place, though her beak moved, "I spent over a decade in this ship, wandering from place to place. I hardly ever went near populated planets, every time I found one, the government wanted to learn how I got my abilities. When I outright refused to allow them to do tests, they sent agents to sneak into my home and steal genetic samples. None of them made it past the door." Her eyes narrowed at the many times she had come out of rages, to find that she had slaughtered an intruder in a brutal fashion. "I couldn't even feel safe letting people in, because for the longest time, even small questions were dangerous. Those that are alive today are mutilated because of what I did to them. Just when I think I can control it, I let myself do things that I otherwise would have avoided."

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:09 pm

The Sentinel responded to Lirr's statement, "We gladly accept your friendship, though your swords may remain sheathed." He had gone over information uploaded to the Confederacy network on the Markovans and thus knew the proper response to such a greeting. "However, we may need them in the time to come. We don't know what's within those temples - The scan signals are blocked."

Hilja nodded. "It's nice to meet you all, Admiral Lirr, Zizo, and Teglin. Right then, let's go." The scientist led the group from the platform on which they stood, up a stone staircase to an artificial plateau that had been created in front of the temple by the research crew. This is where the camp was. There were several metallic towers that functioned as living quarters, as well as a larger building to serve as a storage unit and dinner area. A couple air and ground vehicles stood parked here and there, designed for scouting out the general area, though they'd be much too large to fit inside the entrance of the temple/ A couple armored Krathunians wandered about among the several that wore robes similar to that of Hiljas. "This is the base camp we have set up here for a year or so," Hilja remarked, gesturing at the buildings as they walked in. She pointed out the buildings and their functions before turning back to the group. "We should get going as soon as possible. If you need to drop anything off before you lot go inside there, drop it off inside the farthest tower from us. It's uninhabited at the moment due to news of your arrival, and I'll direct my crew to move your possessions to individual rooms. When you're ready, meet as at the entrance. With that, Rakluth, Theranis, Hilja, and the Wreae all went off to the entrance, preparing for their descent.

The signals heard in space near Krathunian territory grew stronger, and a small crew of military Krathunians went to investigate. When they did not return after a couple days, the signals changed. Though it still sounded as though multiple voices were speaking at once, they seemed to have combined into one powerful and unnerving voice that seemed to seep into the very minds of those that heard it and chill them to their bone.

"I am the Protector. I shall protect against the Confederacy."

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Xerin stopped Svar before he could leave, asking, "Are you going to have your armor worked on? If so I'll come too, but I must get my armor components first." He turned and looked in the direction which Ravage had ran off. "That was something, wasn't it?" He said, turning back to face Svar. "Definitely something I was not expecting to see.."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

I can multitasking - Prussian

I actually was busy trying to get more gonger ale - Prussian

Also...just because you rescued a male chick and called him Kevin, doesn't mean I care. - ViperaUnion

But in retaliation, I'm going to add all your typoes to my sig. - Prussian

It's not a horror game, it's more of a pussle - Prussian

Follow the Bloody Brick Road - Prussian

Shut your skittley little mouth - Darkel

I'm actually quite humble, I just love to mess with scurbs. - Canis_dirus

Whos : Ah, I like my bleach straight..

curius : In the eyes
"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord on Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:56 pm

Aarin was silent for a moment, his eyes closed. Then he opened them.

"I think I can understand what you are feeling. You fear relationships, because you don't want anyone to get hurt. But I think it would be a mistake for you to do so Ravage. And if I may say so, I think you have come a long way. I think we were all a little careless earlier. I might have suspected that what everyone wanted was a bad idea and spoken against it, but I didn't.

"But even so, like I said, I believe you have come a long way. No one was killed or critically injured, which is something to be grateful for. In addition to that, you were able to recognize in time what was happening, and stop yourself. That's something to be proud of, a real achievement. This was an unfortunate incident, but it could have been worse. We simply need to be a little more cautious in the future."

He paused for awhile. Then he looked at Ravage. "I suppose this incident is going to affect the way people treat you, Ravage, the way they think of you. But know this; the way I see you has not changed. And I see a good person in you, intelligent, brave, loyal, compassionate, caring. You helped expose a conspiracy, and you saved the life of my brother. Don't ever think of yourself as a monster; I have known more than one person who deserved that name far more than you. You are one of the least monstrous people I have ever met. And I care about you. I have always wanted nothing more than to be a friend to you, since the moment I met you and heard your story. And that is why I came here now; I wanted to help you in any way I could, even if I could offer you nothing more than quiet companionship in your suffering."

Mott spread the papers out on a table where Corey and Allé could see them.

"I know you suggested, Allé, that a good idea might be to coat the ship with some sort of covering to mask the metal, but if these space bugs have such good noses, then I thought maybe we could also have the ship emit some sort of false odor to throw them off, make them think were just an unattractive rock."

"That's sounds rather complicated," said Allé. "I would need to be very strong to mask the metallic odor of the ship."

Mott examined his paper a moment, and then picked up another. "Alright then, here's another idea. I thought a way we might be able to emit some sort of signal that, without actually harming the drones, would make them feel uncomfortable enough to decide that they should steer clear of the hip. What do you think Corey?"

Everyone stood ready at the entrance. Lirr adjusted the swords in their harnesses, and peered into the entrance. "I think we're ready to roll, so to speak."

Zizo rubbed his hands together eagerly. "What ho, on to adventure, eh Teg, me boy?"

Teglin looked into the dark entrance and shivered. His courage was at a low ebb.

Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by curius on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:23 pm

AI's expression turned to mildly surprised. "Oh, you are proposing that I would help you to do a little surprise attack against my OWN kin, ay?" the hologram's expression turned to very serious one, and it stared the Wreae for Feb seconds in silence. Slowly the seriousness melted into devilish grin, that was made even more impressive by the hologram's bony appearance, and Baron Sunday continued in relaxed and friendly tone: "I know just the planet you are looking for. I'll take you to Nidum. Our inner power balance has been needing some adjustment for some time, and attacking Nidum will hit the "parents" the hardest." "I will however need some help from my twin for the wormhole. It will take some time for the help to arrive, so lets talk about what you have offer for us"

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:25 pm

Ravage was silent again for a moment, before sighing and getting out of the chair, her face unreadable. Except for when she had first discovered that there were four planets filled with Chimerosu, she had never truly lost her composure, and even when suffering, her despair was silent, without tears. "I still hold myself responsible, Aarin, as will many others." She sighed again, and this time slowly shook her head, "When I chose to join the UCN, these four new races were nothing like I had expected. I had hoped, perhaps, that in some way the old ways would still be alive, but the traditions and culture of Krylon appear to be gone for good. I will not say that I am not happy that my people are alive in some way, but it seems that for my own people, that a great civilization has been lost forever. I suppose you can regard it as culture shock, for I am not used to all these new customs that they keep."

She flicked her tail, once, "I have many things from Krylon on my ship, but I never bothered to show anyone. I thought that questions would hurt, but if one thing is true, it is that I no longer fly into a rage over memories. Perhaps you have connected the small scraps of information I have willingly given, but I feel like telling stories, so if you would not mind, I would tell you the truth about how I came to get here, the entire truth, not the vague fragments I normally part with." She looked Aarin in the eye for the first time since he had arrived, the same, steel-like glint she normally had returning to her eyes. She had been perhaps winded, but she quickly got over trauma, because of the many times she had experienced it.

Then, there was a knocking on the door, and a responding growl from Xenos. "Ravage, Aarin, it be Blair, may I join ye two?" The Cavernian's accented, deep, raspy voice was unmistakable voice.

Ravage frowned slightly, and flicked her tail, "Come in, Blair." She called.

The hatch opened, allowing him to enter the room. She waved him over to a free chair that was sitting in the corner, looking dusty and abandoned, "I don't keep much furniture in here, it would create too much clutter. So glad you could come, because both of you are about to hear a story."

Blair squinted one eye, "Ah, and what be this story about?" He asked.

Ravage flicked her tail, "Just me telling old things about the past. Sit down, now, if you want to listen, and keep quiet."

Corey looked at the paper for a moment, leaning over it, before looking at Mott and craning his head in a particularly bird-like fashion, causing it to go almost sideways. "It could very well work, Mott, but it cannot be a sound frequency, for nothing can hear in a vacuum, as there is no medium to carry the sound waves. I would suggest EM waves, but there lies the problem of emitting a signal, as Arachnarche feed on energy." He looked down at the papers again, before drawing himself up to his full height, revealing that he was actually extremely tall, for a Cavernian. "You see, I have several theories about these creatures and how they detect metal, as well as how they fly though space without the use of machines or propulsion."

He flicked his tail, "You see, they are unable to travel to anything but adjacent stars, and yet they are able to avoid getting too close to things such as stars or black holes that would pull them in and kill them. This leads me to believe they can sense distortions in spacetime, normally caused by the mass of matter. I also think matter is the key to how they detect metal. As you know, at an atomic level, metal is much denser and heavier than average stone. I don't think smell is how the Arachnarche drones find metal, I think they emit waves of their own that go through less dense materials like stone, but reflect back when it comes in contact with metal. How such a system was achieved, I don't know, but think of it as a very advanced organic metal detector, it works at a longer distance, and it sees for much further. Such a form of sensory reception would work in space, though I have never thought to apply the concept to organic things. It is possible that we might find the answer there."

Corey's idea sounded a bit crazy to the average person, but when carefully thought over, it was extremely brilliant, and perfectly valid, as plenty of aliens were seen with strange abilities that seemed to defy most laws. With gigantic insects flying in space, anything seemed plausible.

-------

http://ruthlessgalaxy.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=199

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

View previous topic View next topic Back to top