Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat! - We're all dead!

+20
The Stalker of Shadows
Technical Support
thecardiackidofDCVII
Sairei
Leonir
SpaceWalker
Luxembourgish
ViperaUnion
Whos
curius
Randomnator
Vara Lord
Darkel
Alimnation
Celo
The Cunning Linguist
Angelborn
Zaroas
Aphethelion
Sean1M
24 posters

Page 7 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next

Go down

General Chat! - We're all dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: General Chat! - We're all dead!

Post by ViperaUnion Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:25 am

I know I was not previously present in this thread, but considering it looks like things might escalate again, I'm going to jump in and say what I'm thinking about this whole issue.

I would like to mention that while some of the moderators and administrators may do things that others disapprove of, they generally don't cause problems in this forum unless someone tries to pass judgements about what they do. The last time a person decided to try and change the opinions and attitudes of moderators, it was the argument itself and the ranting and practical political speeches and manifestos directed at the leaders and moderators of this forum that made everyone so uncomfortable they wanted to leave. With this statement in mind, I am jumping in because this worries me, and it reminds me of early stages, and we don't need another event like it.

While it's fine to make suggestions about things (As we want to be responsive to the community) you should suggest things via PM's to moderators, because when nobody wants to comply, it starts to look like a flame war in a public thread. Flame wars, I find, are the number one cause of killing threads; there used to be people on forums I didn't like because they would come into my threads, say one smart comment, and nobody ever posted again because they were so well-known for causing flame wars. We do not want to be unresponsive or unapproachable to our community, but we don't want our members to be caught in the fray of a debate, either.

I would also, as a final note, like to add that regardless of age, gender, or previous actions, moderators are still moderators. If you treated us disrespectfully, we probably wouldn't listen; I cannot stress enough, I have seen this kind of stuff before, not just here, but on other forums. Judgmental comments from members that sound mean or harsh rarely get acknowledged or result in changes, if they ever do. They usually result in bans, and generally, all moderators will agree that disrespectful or flame-baiting behaviors on a public thread will warrant them.

In a nutshell, Sean, if you have issues, it's alright to approach moderators with them, but you need to do it via a PM.

Please do not argue with me about this, because I am telling you my honest opinion on these events, and it is what it is.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

General Chat! - We're all dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: General Chat! - We're all dead!

Post by Sean1M Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:16 am

OK sure thing Vipera. I don't want to cause to much trouble and as I said before I would like to someday become friends with Dark but he can be a bit... Well a bit rough around the edges. But yes I will be sure to use PMs in future.
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:23 pm

Alright, then.

I guess we just resume normal conversations in the thread...except I have no idea what that consists of currently.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:30 pm

Halo 2 Anniversary is only a month away.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:38 pm

I just watched the pilot episode of a new TV show revolving around The Flash (that was also the name of the show). This certainly looks like a promising series.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:39 pm

I've been watching Gotham. It's pretty good so far, and it has several interesting characters, particularly Oswald Cobblepot.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:56 pm

We all know who Oswald Cobblepot is, of course. . . Twisted Evil
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:53 am

Vara Lord wrote:We all know who Oswald Cobblepot is, of course. . . Twisted Evil

Who?

Lol don't worry. Even I know who he is and I'm not much of a Batman fan.
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:16 am

Wow this place has been quiet and boring lately.
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:02 am

Yeah. We have lives outside of the internet, you know.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:27 am

We do?
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:14 am

There are lots of things that have higher importance that going on a forum and posting. I only do it when I get free time, which is why I do more on the weekends.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:20 pm

Vara Lord wrote:We do?

Well, some of us do, anyways.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:08 pm

Like me. Although I do spend a lot of time on the net I do indeed have a life outside of this place (it just doesn't involve friends because I'm antisocial and get uncomfortable in groups). To be honest though I've been getting bored of this place. I haven't had a major role in any major plot lines so I doubt me leaving would effect much.

However I will probably still post here in GC to see how people are going and maybe give advice on things.
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:13 pm

I just ordered Thomas Bergersen's new solo album Sun. It's supposed to come no sooner than Monday, but these things seem to have a tendency to arrive sooner than expected, so I'm optimistic.

EDIT: I enter the forum. I see that there are five people on (including myself). I get excited because I think that other members are on and new posts will be coming soon. Then I see that the other four people are all Guests.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:39 pm

#sadlife
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:26 am

You know you guys should offer out cookies and ice cream to guests to try and encourage them to join.
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:14 am

The mods are in the middle of another debate about changing community setup in order to attract more. There *may* be changes coming soon.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:35 pm

*insert snide comment here*
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:43 am

Darkel wrote:The mods are in the middle of another debate about changing community setup in order to attract more. There *may* be changes coming soon.

Interesting. So what do you guys have planned?
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:52 am

We'll announce it in a thread if there is any change.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:07 pm

OK then.

In other news the good old PM of Australia has let slip just how big a lier he is. And buy after this he'll be the laughingstock of the whole planet.

Read this and you will see why I'm so proud to be Australian right know.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:05 pm

I researched the topic, and although I have not seen those quotes used in other articles (It is still political satire as the article points out, so it's probably not the most reliable source on any issue), it is pretty obvious that the Prime Minister did originally support clean energy, and decide to slash a lot of projects devoted towards it.

Okay, I probably shouldn't go into politics. I don't even live in Australia.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:21 am

ViperaUnion wrote:I researched the topic, and although I have not seen those quotes used in other articles (It is still political satire as the article points out, so it's probably not the most reliable source on any issue), it is pretty obvious that the Prime Minister did originally support clean energy, and decide to slash a lot of projects devoted towards it.

Okay, I probably shouldn't go into politics. I don't even live in Australia.

Technically what I'm getting at is how shallow and dumb these lies are. He is so going to be the laughing stock of the whole planet after this. Seriously this just shows how much politicians actually care about the facts.
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:30 am

Politics are like that, and a lot of people make promises they can't keep.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next