Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat! - We're all dead!

+20
The Stalker of Shadows
Technical Support
thecardiackidofDCVII
Sairei
Leonir
SpaceWalker
Luxembourgish
ViperaUnion
Whos
curius
Randomnator
Vara Lord
Darkel
Alimnation
Celo
The Cunning Linguist
Angelborn
Zaroas
Aphethelion
Sean1M
24 posters

Page 18 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next

Go down

General Chat! - We're all dead! - Page 18 Empty Re: General Chat! - We're all dead!

Post by Darkel Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:50 pm

Nice drawing. I added you to my watch list. My username is Kyrienna.

I haven't been on dA any this week. I logged on and found that I had 10,248 notifications.

-_-
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

General Chat! - We're all dead! - Page 18 Empty Re: General Chat! - We're all dead!

Post by ViperaUnion Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:53 pm

Someone already added that drawing to a collection. It's cool because I might have also just found a way to make some sort of profit off of my work, if I make some drawings to sell as prints, since I've wanted to find a way of doing that and haven't really found a medium as of yet.

The Svangar was a pain to color in, I can tell you that much, especially when the markers are alcohol-based and almost make you dizzy from the smell. You have to take a break every five minutes or so to let the work area air out.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomnator Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:19 am

I really need to go over the terminology of some of these aliens. The Svangar are a subspecies of the Chimerosu right?

Whips on art appreciation glasses
Also really nice way of conveying texture along the feathers/fur with those markings. I love the choice of colours and pattern on the wings and tail flaps.
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:25 am

The Svangar are a mammal-like race of aliens completely separate from the Chimerosu. Their unique appearance is actually meant to go hand-in-hand with what specifically caused the Great Dragon War that originally drove my three races into isolation.

The Svangar's appearance is inspired by the physical characteristics of antelope, mandrills, isopods, bears, rainbow wasps, and the Madagascar Sunset butterfly. There's a lot of creatures I used when I was designing it.

At any rate, now I have to re-design the Dram'knoll.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomnator Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:50 am

Ah, I forgot the Chimerosu have beaks. I just saw the wings and horns and derped a bit, still great art though.
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWalker Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:47 pm

Hello everyone. I'm SpaceWalker, and I hope to be a new member here. I was invited here by my friend PhantomDoodle (known around here as Godmod, according to Whoster). Don't worry, though; I'm not quite as crazy as she can be sometimes! Anyways, I will hopefully be posting a sheet here soon, though I've been very busy lately so I'm not sure how soon that will be. It's nice meeting you all.

(I'm working on finding an avatar now btw).
SpaceWalker
SpaceWalker
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomnator Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:58 pm

Yay I'm not the newbie anymore!

Also welcome SpaceWalker, new faces are great to see.
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWalker Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Thanks Random!

Btw; SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
SpaceWalker
SpaceWalker
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:36 pm

Welcome to RG, SpaceWalker.

@ViperaUnion Cool drawing. (Disregard the question I left in the comment). I'm now following you.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWalker Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:52 pm

Thank you Vara!

So I had a question; I'm considering making an asteroid-dwelling race which has the capabilities to temporarily survive in the vacuum of space. Whos told me that there is a race of creatures that swim through space, but I can't seem to find them! I was thinking that my race could have some kind of symbiotic relationship with said space-swimmers.
SpaceWalker
SpaceWalker
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by curius Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:00 am

I believe the space swimmers whoster mentioned are the arachinid, which are locust-like devourers, so it might not be plausible to be symbiotic with them. But the race concept sounds great. Also hello and welcome.
curius
curius
Honorary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomnator Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:07 am

I can imagine the space battles between races capable of surviving there. It would be glorious.
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:33 am

SpaceWalker wrote:Thank you Vara!

So I had a question; I'm considering making an asteroid-dwelling race which has the capabilities to temporarily survive in the vacuum of space. Whos told me that there is a race of creatures that swim through space, but I can't seem to find them! I was thinking that my race could have some kind of symbiotic relationship with said space-swimmers.

As far as I'm aware we don't have any asteroid dwelling races. The closest we come I think are the certain types Karthla pods that can navigate throughout the vacuum of space. But the pods act more as ships and deliver the Karthla birthing materials rather than actually be a being resistant of space.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:53 pm

The one space-dwelling race I can think of other than what Darkel mentioned are ViperaUnion's Arachnarche. You would have to talk to her about that if you wanted your race to have some sort of relationship with them.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceWalker Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:47 pm

Vara Lord wrote:The one space-dwelling race I can think of other than what Darkel mentioned are ViperaUnion's Arachnarche. You would have to talk to her about that if you wanted your race to have some sort of relationship with them.

Okay! Thanks! I'll send her a pm soon.
SpaceWalker
SpaceWalker
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Sun May 03, 2015 9:57 pm

I just want to apologize for my lack of activity recently and let you all know that, due to AP exams, it will be difficult for me to stay active here for the next 2 weeks. I'll try my best, though.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sun May 03, 2015 11:36 pm

I won't be posting anything myself until Thursday. Finals. This is my last semester of college.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Wed May 06, 2015 12:16 pm

Wow:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Wed May 06, 2015 4:16 pm

You know what? There's not enough Youtube videos posted here. I'll create a thread.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

http://pseudocompsognathus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomnator Wed May 06, 2015 11:26 pm

I think I died a little on the inside from watching that.
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Thu May 07, 2015 11:00 pm

Meh, too tired to post. Later.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Mon May 11, 2015 8:35 pm

My Steam account was hacked by some guys in Russia.
While I try to get it back, I'll teach everyone a nice lesson about buying physical copies of your video games.

EDIT: Got it back. Thanks Gaben.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

http://pseudocompsognathus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Tue May 12, 2015 7:56 pm

We have officially hit 9,000 posts!
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by curius Tue May 12, 2015 11:29 pm

It's over nine thousaand!
curius
curius
Honorary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed May 13, 2015 5:25 am

Huzzah!
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next