Who is your favorite music artist, and why?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who is your favorite music artist, and why?

Post by ViperaUnion on Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:09 am

I just figured, since people are probably all studying for finals right now, there's unlikely to be much RPing going on, but even if you don't have time to write a post, there's plenty of time to discuss a subject like music.

If you have a favorite music artist, who are they, and why do you like their music? Is it just because they have a good song format, or are their lyrics inspiring in some way?

Feel free to talk about that here.

Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is your favorite music artist, and why?

Post by Luxembourgish on Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:34 am

Weird Al Yancovic. Honestly. His music could put me out of any bad mood.

...Buuuut in general, when I'm not listening to Weird Al, I often just listen to orchestral music. I often never figure out who the artist is behind that music, though.

Space Dinosaur

http://pseudocompsognathus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel on Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:39 am

I like mostly alternative/rock. Couldn't really pick a favorite out of there. But some bands I like include Set it Off, Mayday Parade, Memphis May Fire, Muse, A Day to Remember, Asking Alexandria, Disturbed, All Time Low, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Pierce the Veil, and a bunch of others.

I also occasionally listen to nightcore or music in other languages. Particularly Japanese. Usually get into that mode after watching an anime though lol.

[20:34:09] ShadowBroker : What? Your computer radiation made you black?
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:27 pm

Like Prussian said, Weird Al is pretty great. However, I like Marty O'Donnell quite a lot. His soundtracks (no lyrics) for the Halo games are simply amazing.

I can multitasking - Prussian

I actually was busy trying to get more gonger ale - Prussian

Also...just because you rescued a male chick and called him Kevin, doesn't mean I care. - ViperaUnion

But in retaliation, I'm going to add all your typoes to my sig. - Prussian

It's not a horror game, it's more of a pussle - Prussian

Follow the Bloody Brick Road - Prussian

Shut your skittley little mouth - Darkel

I'm actually quite humble, I just love to mess with scurbs. - Canis_dirus

Whos : Ah, I like my bleach straight..

curius : In the eyes
"
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:41 pm

My favorite female artist is Sia, mainly because, not only does she possess a unique voice and inspiring music, but also, she's extremely prolific. Almost all of her songs become very popular, and she's been known to write lyrics for other artists, like Kelly Clarkson, Shakira, Beyonce, and a bunch of others. The story goes that if she writes lyrics for one artist, and they happen to reject the song, it's likely that Sia is going to eventually make it popular by performing the music herself. I also think her stage presence is unique, given that compared to other artists, she covers most of her face. Overall, while I initially liked only for the music, I think I respect her even more because she's not only the creator behind her own lyrics, but she's behind a lot of other artists, too.

Close behind Sia on my list of favorites is Fall Out Boy. I don't really care for the messages that sometimes appear in their lyrics (really, I think I'd be happier if they left some stuff out), but in a world where music that rests exclusively in the 'rock' genre is increasingly rare, they're one band that's remained popular over the years. I'm a person that most people would never think listened to rock, but I'm actually a huge fan of it. I enjoy strong instrumental scores and dramatic vocals in songs, and this band is well-known for it. Their songs generally have a good, harmonious quality to them, instead of some rock bands that tend to go all-out on the drums and guitars, and just scream half the time without any sort of vocal control or lyrics behind it.

I like Linkin Park, also, because they're an alternative rock group, and they're unique for introducing things like rapping into their lyrics. They're just a distinct group, and one of their lead singers has one of the most interesting voices, for singing with a higher pitch and then lapsing into almost a form of screaming lyrics, but somehow maintaining excellent vocal control the entire time. They're one of the older bands that still has huge popularity around the world, because they don't really have much competition when it comes to the kind of music that they do.

I have other bands that I like, including P!nk, Breaking Benjamin, Veer Union, Shinedown, Evanescence, and Skillet. If you look them up, most of them are rock or punk bands in some form or fashion.

Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top