Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Chance Meeting (System-Su'th First Contact) OOC

2 posters

Go down

A Chance Meeting (System-Su'th First Contact) OOC  Empty A Chance Meeting (System-Su'th First Contact) OOC

Post by Canis_dirus Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:31 pm

This is the OOC section for the first contact between the System and the Su'th. This RP is locked for participants at the moment. Thank you

SYSTEM ASSETS EXPLORING SYSTEM:
1x Type-71 Battlecruiser: 4-1927/4
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

http://ancerious-galactic.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

A Chance Meeting (System-Su'th First Contact) OOC  Empty Re: A Chance Meeting (System-Su'th First Contact) OOC

Post by ShadowBroker Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:48 pm

Hell yeah! The Order of Su'th.

Su'th exploring ship, Warden's personal vessel.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Capabilities:

Six ballistic batteries at top, great amount of armor and shield capacity on the top. contains two assault fighters and a exploration ship.

Small device to absorb energy from stars and blast. For light speed, it uses Hyperdrive. (Can only jump to certain destinations, not like Warp light speed)

Main Character,

Suak Warden

5 feet tall. Suak is the leader of the religion division. She is but a clever being that doesn't acts only by the will of The Void, paradoxically or ironically, she doesn't believe in the laws of the Energy and The Void neither follows it by the letter.

She wears the standard uniform and equipment, with the star-helmet like. She also has a retractable saber hanging on her belt that has the length of the normal sword and weight with a guard to balance it in use. She doesn't wears clothes as she doesn't accept the metal body as part of her, but just armor.

Last edited by ShadowBroker on Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShadowBroker
ShadowBroker
New Being

Back to top Go down

A Chance Meeting (System-Su'th First Contact) OOC  Empty Re: A Chance Meeting (System-Su'th First Contact) OOC

Post by Canis_dirus Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:48 pm

Alright let's go!
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowBroker Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:41 pm

Making some points.

Suak division belongs to Religion and exploration. Like fanatics evangelicals, they accept nothing but their own faith and purpose.

Cithera'nos always wear masks for they no longer accept their identity as Cithers. Though they can't denie what they once were, they now refer to themselves as "One" "entity" "we" "me" "The Order" "Warden" "Vanguard" "Collah" or their own personal name.

*Reserved for more information*

ShadowBroker
ShadowBroker
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowBroker Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:18 am

Canis, Citheres do not have armor that isn't attached to their skin.

I will edit the last post so Su'ak is already behind the wall, but yeah, there isn't much to take her off from her armor.
ShadowBroker
ShadowBroker
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_dirus Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:20 pm

Hence why they said removable stuff. So anything removable, including her mask and any removable armor parts
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowBroker Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:27 pm

Her mask isnt removable... not without ripping off whatever skin she may have. AGAIN; there isn't armor parts that are removable, unless you speak of the clothings.
ShadowBroker
ShadowBroker
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_dirus Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:54 pm

They basically meant anything removable, so if she has clothing take it off. Shoes should come off, the whole 9 yards basically.
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_dirus Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:19 pm

Shadow, how exactly would she be pulling energy from the ship or the infantry units?

Also, the EMP would fry her circuits nearly instantly, before she would have a chance to react at all really.
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowBroker Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:32 am

Only the circuits being used. An EMP doesn't has much effect upon the energy that isn't being use or is it even on.

Have you ever heard the term WiTricity? Otherwise I don't believe you are capable to understand such thing.
ShadowBroker
ShadowBroker
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_dirus Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:56 am

The point is, the EMP would fry a lot or all of her circuits, which might kill her. So she might have energy in her batteries, but the pathways are all fried....

You are talking about electric induction, which works for transmitting power, not siphoning it. And no the wires in the walls and in the units won't generate a field strong enough to have the range for you to siphon it.
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowBroker Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:17 am

As it works from one way, it as well can work as "siphoning" it. The stander range is 2 Meters away, here in what we can call "the future" I might as well believe the distance are relative further away, not adding the ability of "siphoning", as you call it, is by now a very easy and capable thing to do for a specie that has been working and worshiping this matter.

The EMP would not fry her circuits dry, she isn't pure electricity, she merely uses mechanics that are connected to it's body.

Then again, the pathways that WERE used may be fry, not her life essence, neither the whole machinery itself. Rudimentary machinery that works, not only by the need of energy but pulleys and gears.

At best, you may have fry her ability to run faster, to feed from energy, to use energy to reproduce, to use it to call one of her hidden blades, but it's enough to kill them.

Beside of whatever the EMP could have done, Warden are also very clever and full of wits. They would have expected that they will finally come out with that simple idea. Su'ak saw to that.

Your point is taken and noted yet her power armor and schematics on her body do not work as The System believes neither they have the opportunity to learn how they work. So I guess the System is just shooting bullets at the open with blind eyes, hoping any of this works like an experiment. Su'ak realize of this the second she detected the gas and the cold.
ShadowBroker
ShadowBroker
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_dirus Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:26 am

A quote specifically from the WiTricity site:
"A WiTricity-enabled system encompasses power sources and capture devices that incorporate specially designed magnetic resonators which efficiently transfer power over distance via the magnetic near-field."

Note the 'specially designed magnetic resonators' for transmitting (giving) the power to something else. Basically the thing you are getting power from must be designed to broadcast the energy, and NONE of the things around you are designed to do so.

Saying its a capable thing to do for a species that worships something isn't a valid excuse to incorrectly apply the principle/tech you are trying to use. WiTricity tech (magnetic resonance) will not work in this situation.

--

I didn't say it would fry her circuits dry, it would fry the circuitry in her mechanical parts. As in her computer parts would be destroyed, as would any antennas on her exterior, her external sensors, etc. Even if she is insulated, the external stuff can't be protected since it is open to the outside by nature. What I was getting at is she may have power left, but it would be hard to do anything with it, since all the wiring and circuits would be literally melted and/or vaporized.
That means that at most, it would fry all wires and such in her body, but more likely it would fry all computer circuits and small wires. So likely her enhance strength and speed from electric motors would be damaged/destroyed, as would any circuits that regulate her suit and such as well as external sensors.

Her wits can't protect her from something like an EMP (or a bullet for that matter). She can't really improve her protection without extra supplies (which you don't have)

If her armor in any way helps keep her alive, or really if it is electronic, then it works as they think it does. Don't forget they are experimenting.
Even if Su'ak realizes this, there is little she can do. Even with her armor helping her, it can only last so long and there are ways around it.
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowBroker Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:18 pm

Alas, I don't mean it works like WiTricity but the idea is similar.

Alas, that was not an excuse, that was a fact to take note. Warden wouldn't let themselves to the mercy of machines knowing an EMP could easily kill them. An Excuse for this matter is that this "device" has been already accepted on my race sheet in general, per say. And that excuse is more than enough.

--

Knowing the nature of Cither composure, armor weight and rudimentary nature of it's metal sheets; I can only re assure, that Wardens would be capable to avoid an EMP to fry their armor and conduits.

Taken this point off the "What can a EMP damage or not?", Su'ak doesn't acts on self defense but something that happens almost instantly after finding the issue, such as an EMP striking on her.

Without conduits, the power cells overwhelm.

Her supplies are always the same from the time she left to the time she was thrown to the cell, the System haven't separate her from her energy supplies or her reserves. You didn't left her on a cell for ages, just twenty minutes, more or less.

ShadowBroker
ShadowBroker
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_dirus Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:24 pm

If it is in any way similar to WiTricity or electric induction, then I am telling you right now it won't work for what you are doing. Obviously you don't understand the science or tech behind it. And I can guarantee you won't be able to siphon energy from my systems like that.

Even if you race sheet as a whole was accepted, I am calling this specifically out, and I can ask one of the mods to take a look if that is required

--

Now as for avoiding being fried by an EMP, does the armor have any antenna for receiving data? Does it have cameras or other sensors on it? Because if you do, you can't insulate those or they won't work.....which means they are weak points into your system, and so at minimum they will get destroyed, at worst your system gets fried as I described above. Once again, it seems you don't understand how EMPs work, which is not surprising giving your lack of understanding on induction and the magnetic resonance.

If you payed attention to my posts in the IC, you'll notice the following passage: "Hours passed by in the cell, while 4-1927/4 continued to wait patiently, coldly observing Su'ak's status"
Su'ak has been in the cell for hours, not 20 minutes. Not only that, but she's been in a cell kept extremely cold, so her power cells should be drained significantly. Now they might explode without the conduits, I have no problem with that. What I am having a problem with is you trying to leach power from my stuff in a bullshit manner, and trying to do it during the EMP strike, despite the fact that your character cannot act fast enough to do so in the manner you described. And no, and EMP would not provide the energy you need, it would be too brief.
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_dirus Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:07 pm

Well Shadow, if you are agreeable to it, I think that concludes our first contact. It was a pleasure RPing with you, and I look forward to our war.

Unless of course, you have any ideas for us continuing here?
Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowBroker Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:32 pm

Nope! till next time!
ShadowBroker
ShadowBroker
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down