Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infections - IC

3 posters

Go down

Infections - IC Empty Infections - IC

Post by Whos Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:59 pm

Three droids, dragging beaten and bloodied Dranzoot, still alive but weak, approached the Doctor. He turned with what could pass as smile, difficult though it was to twist the electronics which composed most of his face into such a thing. His one organic eye squinted.

"Thank you for...attending my experimentation, senators, ambassador." He made a mock bow. "I have something for you to taste." He held out a flask filled with an odd-colored liquid which sloshed around as he moved it. He took the covering off the top of it, handed it to a droid while another held open the mouth of the ambassador, and after some futile struggling on the part of the ambassador to break free, about a quarter of the flask was dripped into the Dranzoot's mouth. At first nothing happened, but then the ambassador began to shake violantly, spasms overtaking his body. His skin turned a mottled purple-brown, and his right arm appeared to be sweating blood. Then, in a blur of motion, he dropped to the floor, spattering blood everywhere. His body was starting to change. both on the inside and outside, his limbs and muscle mass being reconfigured by the Vuros, new appendages started to sprout on the top of his back and curled over, the bone in his legs broke and was changed into an extra pair of arms sprouting from the hip, his lower jaw broke and blood spurted on the nearby droids from mutation, and fangs emerged from the reconfigured lower jaw bone. A mass of muscle growth overtook his chest and right arm, and blood started to well in his stomach from internal transformations, the skin finally popping and lumps of gore fell to the floor. Tentacles walled up the exposed stomach section. The ambassador was no longer dranzoot, but now a beast, slave to Rancorus.

Several droids pulled currently recovering monster into a cage and turned on the energy barriers to prevent it from going on a rampant killing spree before Doctor Rancorus intended.

The mad scientist turned to the senators, stunned by the horror.

"And now for your turns."

Please begin!
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Infections - IC Empty Re: Infections - IC

Post by Whos Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:08 pm

Whisps of steam emitted from the middle of the metal sliding door, signifying its opening. A metal boot was placed firmly on the floor infront of the doorway, and the rest of the Commando came through. The air was stale, mold growing on many surfaces, the edges of the walkways covered in filth.

Kriveuxen Nas'Liite, his HUDCAM activated, observed the dank and dingy interior of the lonely bunker.

"Lovely place.....ugh."

Nas'Liite explored the corridors for some time, checking locked doors and empty rooms, some of those rooms stocked with corpses, and others simply with blood spatters.

"Of course they had to send me to this dungeon." He noted with a slight disdain for some of his fellow soldiers, who had given their vote to him to go bring back the kidnapped Dranzoot, as was promised to the Dranzoot government by the Jorro'kil's that they would assist in the search and rescue.

"Meh. Purple-tails, vulnerable peoples." Thought the Commando to himself.

The path forward was narrow and split into many hallways and maintainence subsections. Grey-black crates made a formidable wall in one direction, preventing passage.

"Huh. I wonder how long I'll be walking around in here. It's a veritable maze. But the tracer doesn't lie, still wish it could have homed in on the exact location instead of just the planet..."
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:48 pm

Vanguard Anzanus Ra'agar, of the specialized Covert Defense Operations division, stalked through the dimly lit, overgrown hallways of the secret laboratory. Trained to be stealthy, he was able to be nearly silent at all times, and the only sound that could be heard was the quiet crackling of static as electricity flowed through his Shock Armor. He paused, peering into a small corridor only to find it ended with a corpse and a dead end. Disgusted, he kept going.
"All societies should train their citizens in combat. If these ambassadors were of our people, they would've fought their way out - or died an honorable death trying. " Anzanus thought to himself. As he investigated the moldy corridors and rooms filled with rotting corpses, he was thankful that his armor's filtration was on. The Krathun species evolved on Sethega, an arctic planet with very little viruses and microorganisms that can cause illness. For that reason, the Krathunian immune system is not very strong - Filtration and the wearing of body armor is very important on planets or areas that have an abundance of infection agents.
Suddenly, movement on his helmet's HUD Environmental Scanner attracted his attention. Anzanus hadn't expected to see anything else alive. Growing tense and cautious, he amplified the Shock Armor's electricity generation, creating light in the corridor. He also anxiously drew his sword - A katana-like monomolecular blade nicknamed Harbinger. He didn't know what was on the scanner, but didn't want to take risks.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:34 pm

After creeping around hallways and investigating several conspicuous corpses, Kriv silently walked down another corridor, not expecting to find much else for some time, when a very pale dot appeared on his motion-tracker in the top-left corner of his Helmet-Generated- Status Array. Quickening his step, he swiftly backtracked to avoid rounding a moldy corner which had suddenly become much brighter in light, and revealing his prescence to whatever was there. Equiping his rifle, he slowly approached the turn and peaked around the turn. Standing there in a defensive posture was a Krathunian Special Operations unit.

"Who the heck...." Nas'Liite thought. "Hm. I suppose this must be a free-for-all mission. Makes sense..." The Jorro'kil decided to risk stepping out infront of the Spec Ops unit.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:05 pm

Anzanus did not know what to expect, but when the Jorro'kil Commando stepped in front of him, he sheathed his sword and set the power on the armor lower. He did not find this odd - He had been notified that there would likely be others looking for the ambassadors. This was a very high profile mission, and the Confederacy had not only notified the Covenant. The Jorro'kil, being a major part in it, had likely sent this unit to help rescue the abducted politicans. The Vanguard saluted Nas'Liite with a fist, clenched over his chest.

"Jorro'kil. It is an honor, friend. I am Vanguard Anzanus Grantalun." He stated in a deep, harsh voice.

Last edited by Zaroas on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:27 pm

Kriveuxen dipped his beak. "Er, thank you. So, the Covenant's sent you in to recover the politicians? Well, I work mainly alone but I suppose cooperation might make finding these weakling Dran easier. Sorry, I'm free with my opinion." Said Nas'Liite, referencing his comment on the Dranzoot officials.

"Oh, I forget to introduce myself. Kriveuxen Nas'Liite, Commando of the 6th Brigade of the Infantry Division." A hologram from an emitter in his chest armor activated and displayed his rank, name and serial number, then deactivated.

"So, dismal place, huh?" Kriv gestured to the surrounding walls. "First day of the tenth halfweek I'm told they're sending me to get some Dranzoot senators that had been kidnapped, and I'm given the coordinates to this planet. I find the bunker and here I am." He explained.

Meanwhile.....

Rancorus observed Nas'Liite and Anzanus from his lab via computer-linked camera, rubbing his hands in anticipation. He turned and looked at the drooling mutation in the cage behind him.

"Won't be long now my pet, I have found the perfect playmates for you. Hehehehe....."

Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:29 pm

Anzanus nodded. "Dismal indeed. I was told by the Covert Defense Operations division of the Covenant military that ambassadors, senators, and other key political figures required rescuing from this location. I'm also very experienced with the Dominion in general." He looked around in the darkness of the corridor. "Shall we continue?"
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:08 pm

"Indeed." Replied Nas'Liite. He stood aside and gestured for Anzanus to go ahead.

"Very acrimonious, your sword there. I wouldn't want to get in an argument with it." Said Kriveuxen, commenting on Anzanus's monomolecular blade.

With all the instincts given it through the multiple mutations, the abomination that once was a Dranzoot Ambassador was let loose down into a large ventilation shaft. It silently made its exodus into a dark hallway, and stalked the trail left by Anzanus and Nas'Liite. Only the occasion drops of spittle and the grimy mark of its extremities left any indication it had been there.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:25 am

Anzanus glanced back at the Jorro'kil while quietly walking ahead. "Nor would I, if it were in the hands of an enemy." He looked ahead once more, turning a corner into another corridor. "Her name's Harbinger. She was given to me by the Covenant military after several successful missions as a commendation. She's served me well."

He passed a room, only catching a glimpse of its interior before going on. His strides came to a halt, and he motioned Nas'Liite to look inside.

"The corpses. They're deformed in some way. The interesting thing, though, is that these are Karthla." His head swiveled towards the Commando. "The Covenant's been able to catalog every known type of Karthla possible. These are biologically impossible without a mutagen."
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:34 pm

Nas'Liite crouched down by the corpse and examined it.

"Hm. You're right, this doesn't match any known profile of any Karthla subspecies. Have you noticed it also looks......pulped? Not just deterioration. It looks abnormally thin, as if its innards have been plucked." He poked it with an old metal rod lying near to the corpse, then stood up.

"We better keep going. I have a grim feeling about those Dranzoot."
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartless1962 Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:40 pm

Meanwhile. . .

Jova ran through the hall ways of the lab. Running as fast as he could, away from something. The Lumeriana panted as he turned his head to see two droids chasing him down the hall. He gulped and continued to run through the halls. Jova saw two shadows coming down the hall he was in, he prayed to himself, "Great Seas please be help!" And charged right into the figures. ((Should be Anzanus and Nas'Liite he runs into))
Heartless1962
Heartless1962
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:18 pm

Nas'Liite dropped to a crouch, his gun at the ready to take down whatever was headed straight towards them, whatever it was it was taking no measures of stealth.
A dim overhead light separated the space between Kriveuxen and Anzanus, and what was running straight towards them. As the Lumeriana passed under it, the two Spec Ops soldiers could see what the Lumeriana was.

"Gee. You think you could've made yourself look anything more like a target?" Kriveuxen remarked.

"So who are you?"
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartless1962 Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:08 pm

Jova would point too the two droids coming down the hall with there guns and say, "I'll tell you everything! Just save me!" Would hide behind the two figures as the droids where coming into the same hall as the spec ops were in. The droids yelled out, "Intruders! Blast them!" And charged up there weapons.
Heartless1962
Heartless1962
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:59 pm

Kriv pointed his rifle at the hostiles and riddled them with plasma holes. Soon no threats remained, only metal corpses.

"Eghagh!!" Rancorus jumped up and down in his seat once and slammed his fist down on a metal table, furious the droids had probably spoiled the intensity of the surprise his new pet would play upon the rescuers and his former prisoner.

"Er....er....Must update their programming..." He muttered to himself.

He turned to a screen showing Nas'Liite, Anzanus and Jova, then pressed several buttons on a control console. "I'll have to speed up the surprise...hehehehehe....." The insane scientist said to himself.

A light next to a door next to the trio turned green, and the door opened.

Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartless1962 Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:40 pm

Jova would blink as he looks over to the door with the green light above it and says, "Oh please be something friendly. . ." He looks too his two new "friends" and says, "Tell me your ready for everything this mad man is gonna throw at us."
Heartless1962
Heartless1962
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:16 am

Kriv looked puzzled.

"Mad man?" He said. "What mad man? Who are you talking about? You still haven't answered my question. Who are you and why exactly were those drones chasing you? Say, you're one of those......Lumeriana things....aren't you?"

He slung his rifle and folded his arms, waiting for a response.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartless1962 Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:15 pm

Jova would take deep breath and say, "Yes. I am a Lumeriana, probably the last of the group that is still alive." Would sigh weakly and turn to Kriv and said, "My name is Jova, I was apart of group Lumeriana's who where captured on a trap planet. By trap planet I mean a planet design to capture races who think its prime planet to inhabit on." Would get up from his coward position, dust himself off, and says, "I among group of pilgrims who decided we would start a colony on that trap planet. . . only to be taken hostage, then tortured, and experimented on. The "mad man" I speak of is the master mind behind my fellow pilgrims and I being captured. I never did see him, but heard him so many times. . . laughing as he tortured each one of us with some sort of. . ." Would break down in tears, weaken from being captured for so and cried out, "My comrades, my friends, my love! Why could I not done a thing to stop him!" Would fall down to his knees with his hands to his face, crying.
Heartless1962
Heartless1962
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Nas'Liite turned to Anzanus, arm gesturing to the distraught Lumeriana.

"Well, he's lost it. This was not on the mission agenda, we'll have to leave him." Said Kriveuxen Matter-of-factly.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:00 pm

"It is not necessary, Nas'Liite." Anzanus answered, facing the door that was about to open. "Although his insanity is apparent, he may provide valuable information and firepower." The Krathun nodded. "You're welcome to stay with us, Lumeriana, at least on my behalf, as long as you are worthy in battle. If you prove to be useless, we will leave you behind."
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartless1962 Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:06 pm

Jova would nod whipping the tears off his fish face and says, "Thank you. I'm sorry for my emotions right now. They been pulled very far than any normal Lumeriana." Would look over robotic bodies and pick up one of their blasters. He said, "A thing you guys need to know about us Lumeriana's. . . we are trained to fight. And if push comes to shove like my situation. . . revenge is always an option." He would place the blaster on his back. Crack his neck and turns saying, "Shall we?"
Heartless1962
Heartless1962
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:43 pm

"Fine." Said the Commando. He looked around wistfully.

"Kriveuxen Nas'Liite, walking into a dark room with little idea of what could be occupying it. Meh. Anzanus, stay near the door to make sure we have an exit, keep your flashlight ON as I will."

He handed the Lumeriana a small battery-powered flashlight from a slot in his armor.

"Here, don't stray too far." He advised.

Slowly the Commando walked into the room, scanning in every direction with his flashlight and rifle.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:41 pm

Anzanus stood stalwart at the door, scanning the darkened room with the flashlight built into his helmet HUD. Rather than draw his sword, he held a directed energy pistol, designed to burn holes through toughened armor. The Vanguard also turned on his HUD's auto targeting feature, which would allow him to lock on to any entity that moved in the slightest.

As he scanned the area of the room Nas'liite was away from, he noticed odd movement, a rustling of some sort. The auto-targetting picked it up, locking on to a large being. Anzanus tried to focus his flashlight on it, but the range wasn't stellar.

"Kriveuxen, Jova... We are not alone here." He growled, beckoning at the movement.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Kriveuxen looked back at Anzanus.

"Movement? Where?" He asked, his rifle at-the-ready.

He started to walk back towards the door, scanning the room all around him.

The mutation, alert that it had been discovered, retreated to a darker portion of the room......then readied itself to leap at its prey. It slowly stepped backward.....then rushed forward in a violent fury and jumped at the Krathunian soldier.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:23 pm

Suddenly, a bright light materialized around Jova, but vanished just as quickly, bringing the Lumerianan along with it into nonexistence, or so it appeared.

"What?! What was.." Nas'Liite asked of no-one in particular, but then he saw the monstrosity which had stopped short of a finished lunge on Anzanus due to the sudden appearance of the light which took Jova. Using the precious few seconds of advantage, he aimed his rifle at the mutated beast, and fired.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum