Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spore Creatures and Drawn Images: Debate Thread

+3
Whos
The Cunning Linguist
ViperaUnion
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Spore Creatures and Drawn Images: Debate Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Spore Creatures and Drawn Images: Debate Thread

Post by Zaroas Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:44 pm

KzhuRaptor wrote:
Whoster wrote:Hm. I agree with you on that Zar, you got me there, about the Spore stages and stuff. Hmph.

Of course. That's why we write our own histories. I based off mine from random snips of Human history. But don't get me wrong though, the entire reason I joined RG was to make use for Spore (considered a "dead game"), and so that I could make creations that are part of a plot. We should have about the same level of Spore integration, just add other things.

Thing with the history is, people do technically write it, but it's based off of Spore so much that it sounds completely ridiculous. I'll give you an example. This is from the Dranzoot Sovereignty wiki page.

The Dranzoot were created by a single cell that came in a meteor shower. The cell was spontaneously created when a small meteorite hit the planet’s tide pools (planet Dranus). The cell reproduced asexually about three times, and then as it grew it evolved and outgrew that. Soon as it progressed it hit land and had transformed into a full bred mammal animal. The animal forms of the Dranzoot progressed for about 300 years and evolved into large beasts capable of destroying epic creatures when in large packs. Soon they evolved to a more civilized look and sentience began to spark in. The Dranzoot finally created a tribe. They were very close to what they look like now, however their eyes were very small at this time and they could not see as far. Soon after about 400 years, they began to expand on their tribe.
By now they had a very small city. They began to work on their government system and economy, but most importantly, their religion which was brought to them by a few aliens wandering the land one day. Other nations rose to civilization and sentience. Most were not of the Dranzoot species because in that same meteor shower all of those years ago, other organisms came down as well. They too progressed and became sentient. Wars were created over time. The Dranzoot did not find the other nations very likable or even able to stand their existence. Over time the Dranzoot gained many victories by eliminating the enemy nations. By now the Dranzoot had evolved to the state they are now in.
The Dranzoot had now established a wealthy empire. Not spacefaring yet of course. But they built onto their culture and society for many years. About 1,000 years passed before they became totally spacefaring. By now the Dranzoot were a small empire that was indeed spacefaring. They were very wealthy and very religious. They first encountered a race known as The Garron, however the Garron were destroyed a few years later. The Dranzoot then expanded on their empire and created a vast nation.
By now the Dranzoot had established a great and extremely wealthy empire. Soon they were introduced to the Loccalian War. They were able to escape it though since their systems lied in a pocket of stars that the war had not reached. However some of their planets were often invaded by Loccalians. When the war was over, unlike most civilizations the Dranzoot people did not sing and dance and celebrate the end of the war. The war made no real impact on their empire, therefore there was no need for celebrations or festivals. The Ruthless War had now started. The Dranzoot had heard of what was done to the Grand Senate. In a way they were happy; the council had outlawed the Dranzoot, but in another way very upset. The galaxy would run wild now without laws and authority. The Dranzoot feared this empire known as the Dominion for quite some time. They had to fight for their lives to escaped the Dominion attacks. Eventually, they were able to escape back to the third arm.
By now, the Dranzoot had encountered the Third Arm Confederacy. After about seven months of negotiations and meetings, they were allowed to join the alliance. The Dranzoot figured that this was a good idea. The Dranzoot had inspected the other races and their religions, the Zolans and Jorro’kil both worshipped Spode, which pleased the Dranzoot highly. The Dranzoot were very happy to the join the Confederacy.
About three months later, a new king was elected. King Drangoz. King Drangoz has been one of the best Dranzoot leaders of history. He was kind, wealthy, and does whatever he can to help his people. The Dranzoot were pleased to elect him.

I bolded the parts that are Spore related. Cells don't become mammals as soon as they hit land. Animals don't evolve in 300 years - Even if this were the case for the Dranzoots, they would be drastically different from when they first evolved. On another note for the Dranzoots, they worship Spode, who's quite obviously from Spore. To an outside viewer, this kind of stuff as well as the Grox would be very confusing.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Spore Creatures and Drawn Images: Debate Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Spore Creatures and Drawn Images: Debate Thread

Post by ViperaUnion Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:55 pm

I don't think a cell can evolve through asexual division unless something causes a mutation in its DNA that would permit conjugation, the sexual form of reproduction among cells. If it reproduced asexually, it wouldn't evolve very quickly, although it would probably create thousands of copies of itself in a single hour, similar to e. coli.

Anyway, I finished the fourth-dimensional creature. I edited the image to invert the colors, and then make it look like it had stars in its body. It just seemed to make it look more like a space-time creature. I actually quite like it, I'm thinking of making a character with its appearance. Even if it isn't fourth dimensional, it still looks really cool.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:35 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:I don't think a cell can evolve through asexual division unless something causes a mutation in its DNA that would permit conjugation, the sexual form of reproduction among cells. If it reproduced asexually, it wouldn't evolve very quickly, although it would probably create thousands of copies of itself in a single hour, similar to e. coli.

Anyway, I finished the fourth-dimensional creature. I edited the image to invert the colors, and then make it look like it had stars in its body. It just seemed to make it look more like a space-time creature. I actually quite like it, I'm thinking of making a character with its appearance. Even if it isn't fourth dimensional, it still looks really cool.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well, I think you've just made history by making the first four-dimensional creature. Now we need to spread the word... so you can get world fame or something.

All hail our Tesseract overlords.

Last edited by KzhuRaptor on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:37 pm

Zaroas wrote:
KzhuRaptor wrote:
Whoster wrote:Hm. I agree with you on that Zar, you got me there, about the Spore stages and stuff. Hmph.

Of course. That's why we write our own histories. I based off mine from random snips of Human history. But don't get me wrong though, the entire reason I joined RG was to make use for Spore (considered a "dead game"), and so that I could make creations that are part of a plot. We should have about the same level of Spore integration, just add other things.

Thing with the history is, people do technically write it, but it's based off of Spore so much that it sounds completely ridiculous. I'll give you an example. This is from the Dranzoot Sovereignty wiki page.

The Dranzoot were created by a single cell that came in a meteor shower. The cell was spontaneously created when a small meteorite hit the planet’s tide pools (planet Dranus). The cell reproduced asexually about three times, and then as it grew it evolved and outgrew that. Soon as it progressed it hit land and had transformed into a full bred mammal animal. The animal forms of the Dranzoot progressed for about 300 years and evolved into large beasts capable of destroying epic creatures when in large packs. Soon they evolved to a more civilized look and sentience began to spark in. The Dranzoot finally created a tribe. They were very close to what they look like now, however their eyes were very small at this time and they could not see as far. Soon after about 400 years, they began to expand on their tribe.
By now they had a very small city. They began to work on their government system and economy, but most importantly, their religion which was brought to them by a few aliens wandering the land one day. Other nations rose to civilization and sentience. Most were not of the Dranzoot species because in that same meteor shower all of those years ago, other organisms came down as well. They too progressed and became sentient. Wars were created over time. The Dranzoot did not find the other nations very likable or even able to stand their existence. Over time the Dranzoot gained many victories by eliminating the enemy nations. By now the Dranzoot had evolved to the state they are now in.
The Dranzoot had now established a wealthy empire. Not spacefaring yet of course. But they built onto their culture and society for many years. About 1,000 years passed before they became totally spacefaring. By now the Dranzoot were a small empire that was indeed spacefaring. They were very wealthy and very religious. They first encountered a race known as The Garron, however the Garron were destroyed a few years later. The Dranzoot then expanded on their empire and created a vast nation.
By now the Dranzoot had established a great and extremely wealthy empire. Soon they were introduced to the Loccalian War. They were able to escape it though since their systems lied in a pocket of stars that the war had not reached. However some of their planets were often invaded by Loccalians. When the war was over, unlike most civilizations the Dranzoot people did not sing and dance and celebrate the end of the war. The war made no real impact on their empire, therefore there was no need for celebrations or festivals. The Ruthless War had now started. The Dranzoot had heard of what was done to the Grand Senate. In a way they were happy; the council had outlawed the Dranzoot, but in another way very upset. The galaxy would run wild now without laws and authority. The Dranzoot feared this empire known as the Dominion for quite some time. They had to fight for their lives to escaped the Dominion attacks. Eventually, they were able to escape back to the third arm.
By now, the Dranzoot had encountered the Third Arm Confederacy. After about seven months of negotiations and meetings, they were allowed to join the alliance. The Dranzoot figured that this was a good idea. The Dranzoot had inspected the other races and their religions, the Zolans and Jorro’kil both worshipped Spode, which pleased the Dranzoot highly. The Dranzoot were very happy to the join the Confederacy.
About three months later, a new king was elected. King Drangoz. King Drangoz has been one of the best Dranzoot leaders of history. He was kind, wealthy, and does whatever he can to help his people. The Dranzoot were pleased to elect him.

I bolded the parts that are Spore related. Cells don't become mammals as soon as they hit land. Animals don't evolve in 300 years - Even if this were the case for the Dranzoots, they would be drastically different from when they first evolved. On another note for the Dranzoots, they worship Spode, who's quite obviously from Spore. To an outside viewer, this kind of stuff as well as the Grox would be very confusing.

Well, what are you going to do about what's already been made? We can't ban that race, can we? My creation is entirely Spore-made, yet it has a Greek/Roman-like age, the Medieval all the way to the Industrial age, a Republican coup by a dictator, the return of the monarchy, the modern age, then what leads up to current history.
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:39 pm

KzhuRaptor wrote:
Well, what are you going to do about what's already been made? We can't ban that race, can we? My creation is entirely Spore-made, yet it has a Greek/Roman-like age, the Medieval all the way to the Industrial age, a Republican coup by a dictator, the return of the monarchy, the modern age, then what leads up to current history.
I didn't say we'd delete it or ban it. It's showing how Spore has way too much influence in the club, and is a crutch - The fact that people rely on Spore to make their race's history is very bad.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:41 pm

Zaroas wrote:
KzhuRaptor wrote:
I didn't say we'd delete it or ban it. It's showing how Spore has way too much influence in the club, and is a crutch - The fact that people rely on Spore to make their race's history is very bad.

I think arguing like this is invalid if it's me against the both of you. We need... a third person. Maybe like, Whoster and Curius to join this discussion. I mean, our views are not necessarily the views of RG as a whole.
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm for mixing both of your opinions on how to make our races and then doing that. I'll just watch until you all feel suitably tired of the discussion. Peace.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:46 pm

Whoster wrote:I'm for mixing both of your opinions on how to make our races and then doing that. I'll just watch until you all feel suitably tired of the discussion. Peace.

Well, my opinion is having both Spore-made and non Spore-made creations in RG. I joined RG because I thought it was a major Spore RP club with a well-defined universe.
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:57 pm

I say that if you want to use Spore, go ahead. But there's a such thing as taking it too far, including using it so much that it takes away from realism and creativity.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Zaroas wrote:I say that if you want to use Spore, go ahead. But there's a such thing as taking it too far, including using it so much that it takes away from realism and creativity.

Oh... So that's your stance....

ok

I'll make a 4 dimensional shrine to our Tesseract overlords.
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:08 pm

I agree with Zaroas, if people don't want to stop using Spore, then they should at least try to stay realistic and use their own creativity, although you kind of lost me at the last thing you said, Raptor. I drew the creature because you challenged me to do it, and I actually sort of enjoyed drawing it. It's kind of fun trying to draw 4th-dimension stuff.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:09 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:I agree with Zaroas, if people don't want to stop using Spore, then they should at least try to stay realistic and use their own creativity, although you kind of lost me at the last thing you said, Raptor. I drew the creature because you challenged me to do it, and I actually sort of enjoyed drawing it. It's kind of fun trying to draw 4th-dimension stuff.

I know.

ALL HAIL OUR TESSERACT OVERLORDS
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Uh...I don't get it...
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:15 pm

Do 4D entities solve 4D Rubik's cubes?
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:30 pm

I dunno, I guess, although in theory, that means weird stuff happens to their shadow, and since the shadow is 3-D, then it would look kind of odd. It might also cause a space-time rift, but people haven't fully figured this stuff out, and they've studied it for three hundred years.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:38 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:I dunno, I guess, although in theory, that means weird stuff happens to their shadow, and since the shadow is 3-D, then it would look kind of odd. It might also cause a space-time rift, but people haven't fully figured this stuff out, and they've studied it for three hundred years.

That is why ALL MUST HAIL THE TESSERACT OVERLORDS.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be drawing concepts of the Krrikt and Iimshak.
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:40 pm

Okay, then. Meanwhile, I think I might actually turn that creature I just made into a character, it would be one-of-a kind.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:43 pm

Man, if I hadn't talked about spreading RG to Youtube and Sporewiki, this type of argument would have never happened... And I haven't even touched the RP forums once!

ViperaUnion wrote:Okay, then. Meanwhile, I think I might actually turn that creature I just made into a character, it would be one-of-a kind.
Maybe make it into like, some sort of god or something? The fact that it's extradimensional?
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:49 pm

No, not like that, but maybe a really tiny creature that can do stuff normal three-dimensional creatures can't. Maybe it can do stuff like space-travel without a spaceship, or move unnaturally fast, and levitate even though technically it doesn't have any wings to speak of. It could be a sort of energy being, it would be an interesting thing to introduce.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:53 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:No, not like that, but maybe a really tiny creature that can do stuff normal three-dimensional creatures can't. Maybe it can do stuff like space-travel without a spaceship, or move unnaturally fast, and levitate even though technically it doesn't have any wings to speak of. It could be a sort of energy being, it would be an interesting thing to introduce.

Yes, a energy being. i.e. God-like in a way.

(p.s. do you ever go on the chatbox anyways?)
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:56 pm

I am very careful, Raptor, I actually RP all the time, not just on this forum, but on a different forum, too. If it's an energy being, it can still be defeated if it were to be fought or attacked, just not by traditional means like bullets. Also, no, I don't go on the chatbox very often.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:15 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:I am very careful, Raptor, I actually RP all the time, not just on this forum, but on a different forum, too. If it's an energy being, it can still be defeated if it were to be fought or attacked, just not by traditional means like bullets. Also, no, I don't go on the chatbox very often.

Ah, so you were going for the "lower-creature" kinda thing, that's alright. Also, the fact that you RP on another forum shows why you hold your stance.
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:17 pm

I RP enough where I am always sure to give weaknesses and balance to my characters. They can be powerful, but they'll always have some sort of weakness you can exploit.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:29 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:I RP enough where I am always sure to give weaknesses and balance to my characters. They can be powerful, but they'll always have some sort of weakness you can exploit.

Not that, but your stance on the "Spore" thing.
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:01 pm

Vipera never did any RG adventures, but her talents are best employed in RPing anyway.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next