Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disruption (IC)

+5
Angelborn
Canis_dirus
Luxembourgish
ViperaUnion
Vara Lord
9 posters

Page 29 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 39  Next

Go down

Disruption (IC) - Page 29 Empty Re: Disruption (IC)

Post by Vara Lord Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:28 pm

"We are relocating them," said Aarin, "though I had assumed that our friend Torn had informed you of the situation."

"And mind whom you call 'circus-freak,'" growled Isbar, his eyes flashing danger.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:14 am

It was by this point that one of the three agents with Chief Albus tapped him on the shoulder, prompting him to turn around and snarl at them in the same frightening manner that he had used on everyone since his arrival; his beak had also turned a bright shade of purple, the equivalent of turning red, as his beak was already blue to begin with. The agent flinched back, hiding behind a clipboard he had been carrying, before meekly creaking out words in the international tongue, understandable, but regardless, somewhat broken and poor, although it was clear he was making an effort so that people knew what he was saying, "Chief, people helping stop food shortage. Not fair taking anger rivalry Cipher them." He said. His grammar was quite terrible, but it was obvious from what he was saying that Chief Albus felt a rivalry with Cipher, and having been trumped by him, was angry about it, and was taking his anger out on the people working with him. The poor agent looked stiff with an intense fear of his Chief's temper, and slowly turned his head to look at Cipher, before giving the faintest of a nod, seeming to tremble a bit with the motion, "I Detective Evan, learning language, not good speaking." He said, introducing himself, and apologizing for his small vocabulary.

Chief Albus looked at the Detective, baffled, before folding his arms and huffing, his blood pressure probably going through the roof. He stared at Detective Evan for a bit, before his beak faded back to a blue color, and his feathers smoothed down, although he retained a characteristic angry-looking scowl on his face. He turned back to Cipher, "I hate to admit this, but Detective Evan is right; I shouldn't be so quick to judge people, but still, a lot of these people are in disguises, and some of them look like dwarfs or giants, and a lot of them say they're covering their features because they're embarrassed. I usually don't think about things like that, though, but I probably should take into consideration sensitivities, since they're civilians." He then glanced over at Isbar, and his gaze then drifted over to Ravage, abnormal because she was petting Xenos, and then Aarin, "What kind of people are these? One of them is a Thundarian, but what kind of animal is he working with, and what about these two people who don't look anything like us?"

Detective Evan, encouraged a bit by Chief Albus' acceptance of what he had said previously, took a deep breath before speaking again, as though steeling his nerve; people couldn't blame him, "Cipher contacts other wall side, unexplored lands. Visitors from beyond border?" He said the last few words like a question, unsure, but offering it as a solution. As the number of Maozhuian natives who were aware of space travel and alien life numbered in the single digits, it was only natural that the Detective would come to the conclusion that everyone who wasn't a Chimerosu had come from Pavo. He then glanced over at Ravage, and blushed himself, seemingly embarrassed, before clearing his throat a little, and speaking more quietly, "Person with big blue animal not he. She." He said, correcting the largely foolish-sounding mistake Albus had made upon asking Cipher about Xenos. Chief Albus turned a faint shade of purple, clearly embarrassed that his detective, who was a lower rank, managed to identify the cloaked woman as female when he wasn't able to.

Albus looked perplexed, "Well, she's tall, and looks more muscular than any woman I've ever seen before, it's not like I can see much when all her features are hidden." He said, making a quick excuse, although it was rather valid. Ravage, with her highly sensitive ears, looked directly at Chief Albus, and his beak turned an intense color, before he looked away, feeling the glare boring into him through the mask, even though he had no idea how she had managed to hear him. Albus quickly changed the subject, "As for this re-location, I'm slightly confused on a few details. If we get rid of these animals, then they won't compete with us for food, but there's still hardly any Alutadons to be found, it won't solve our problems. How is this fixing anything?" He asked.

Cipher, who had folded his arms, tapped one finger on his right hand on his elbow, "That is a very simple matter; we re-locate Alutadons from a different population to replenish the numbers here, and they should naturally breed and return to a favorable population size in the Dark Forests within less than a year. We merely have to remove the factor that encouraged the food shortage, so that the animals we bring here are not killed after we bring them here." He explained, completely calm, which seemed to irritate Chief Albus a bit. Where Cipher was devoted to his goal and focused, Albus seemed to be incredibly passionate about his job, and perhaps a bit incapable of understanding how Cipher's resolve was enough to rival his own.

Albus glared at Cipher, "And where, may I ask, are these mysterious Alutadons coming from?" He asked.

Cipher took a deep breath, and let it out, before replying, as though annoyed by the fact that Albus didn't seem to know anything, or hadn't figured it out yet on his own, "From over the wall, of course. You have been raiding settlements from the people who live there, and it has separated Maozhu's two hemispheres. I am anonymous, and through various means, I have explored both halves of this world. This led me to find Alutadons living in both lands; those assisting me will help me transport a certain number of the Alutadons here when the Atroxniks are returned to their native range. I am asking for your cooperation, because your assistance will make this operation run much more smoothly; you can obtain carts and other means of transport that will greatly lessen the time this project takes, and numbers will also increase the rate at which we finish.

Torn looked at Cipher admiringly, "Like I said earlier, Officers, Cipher is incredible at planning out this sort of stuff. I mean, I know you probably don't see him that way, but how else would you explain how he delivers his messages all over the city for different Arashi Michi agents to find? He's an incredible investigator, and I only recently met him in person myself."

Detective Evan nodded, "Cipher good hiding, found my home, delivered clues, never saw who. Solved many cases with help."

Albus scowled again, "That's the only thing that bugs me, if Cipher were working for me, I wouldn't mind, but I have no idea what he's doing, half the time, even though this plan checks out and makes sense. How do we even know he's obeying the law? He probably doesn't, but there's no sense in throwing him in jail, he's too helpful as a free man for that."

Cipher tilted his head off to one side, "Well, now that you are here, you can help us transport these animals across the northern mountains, since some of these people have atrophied tails, and can't handle an electric shock."
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:29 pm

The Free Absolute's vessels reacted accordingly to the threat presented by the Vrentus ships. Though some were too slow, either because of improper coordination from the crew, or because they had already been damaged. Those that were hit by the missiles could not sustain the structural damage, and out of them, most were lost with all hands.

However, for the rest of the fleet, exo-atmospheric fighters and ship turrets worked in unison to destroy the projectiles before they could reach their targets, and every ship diverted energy from its fusion reactors for the purpose of shielding the most likely hit points. For larger Destroyers and Battlecruisers, extra armor plating advanced out over the hull to provide further defensive enhancement.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(will edit this later, in response to Darkel's post)
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:48 pm

"Some of them have atrophied tails to the point of having no tail at all," said Isbar, glancing at Aarin with what approached a humorous gleam in his fierce eyes. "And as you can see," he went on, "our wings have also atrophied, so I fear we are quite incapable of flight." Obviously, Isbar found the assumption that he and Aarin were strange-looking Chimerosu to be an amusing one.

Aarin shot him a quick reproving look. "Unfortunately, they are both right," he said. "Needless to say, any assistance you can provide is indeed appreciated."
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Unsilenced Retribution had also recovered quickly from the shockwave, having landed on his feet and activated his thrusters, bursting forward towards Jiiran. As the missile headed towards him, he blasted a small amount of energy out from his hand to send the missile in an erratic path. The projectile, however, was rather unpredictable, and collided with the Wreae's left side, temporarily breaking his shielding once more. Now that a part of his protection was gone, he decided to fight a bit more cautiously, stopping in midair across from Jiiran and firing off several bolts of energy, once again attempting to test the properties of his enemy's armor. However, it had already shown to be extremely durable.

Svar maintained a defensive position, holding his sword in a vertical blocking position. When Shancar's blade made contact, his vortex-like attack ceased as he was staggered from the impact, the Krathunian's strength allowing him to keep a strong grip and a steady position. Svar slowly moved forward, keeping his poise though lashing out with a couple diagonal strikes.

Within the shield of Kvanun, the 37th Railgun Division had come to a roadblock. The building holding the controls for Kvanun's defenses were heavily guarded by many Vrentus, and though individually they were not much of an adversary, in a large group, the Vrentus were deadly. Both classes, the Lessers and Greaters, were able to utilize the Jorro'kil's own weaponry against them, returning fire with their own railguns, having shifted into the infantrymen that made up the division. However, there was another issue - Several Greaters, as if hit by something, suddenly ceased their attack, reverting back into spherical form. These quickly combined and shifted until they made up an enormous creature.

The Protector's combat form towered over the Jorro'kil at fifteen feet tall. Its golden armor glinted in the harsh light, which also shined upon its enormous directed energy cannons and a bulwark-like shield on the left arm. It was clear that this monstrosity was able to fortify a position greatly and protect in a fight, and that is exactly what the Protector intended to do. It trudged forward, keeping its shield up to cover most of its body and firing off several pulses of energy at the enemy combatants.

Meanwhile, Q'ren lead the Markovan troops through the corridors of Kvanun's shield, the massive and merciless force wreaking havoc about any enemy that they came about, though Terminus Pact soldiers were adjusting to the attack and beginning to fortify and defend with much more strategy and force. Q'ren responded to Zjer's remark with a shake of the head, growling, "Shield Worlds are not the design of my people. The New Worlds created them..." He trailed off, his words taken by the firing of his SMG and the sounds of bloody clashing.

Meanwhile, in space, the Confederacy responded in kind to the attacks of the Terminus Pact. The Ryun-Wreae Capital Dreadnought Wrath and its fleet adjusted their strategy to account for the Keeper's anomalous tactics, increasing cyberdefenses and fortifying the Wreae that controlled automated systems. The upgraded Wrath took the shots from Perun well, though several corvettes and cruisers securing the position of the massive ship did not. The Wrath activated its signature particle beam, the firing mechanism, efficiency, power consumption, and damage output all upgraded due to the efforts of the Conglomerate. Rather than two firing conduits to divert its path it had many, and the resulting fire upon the UFIAI's fleet could be likened more to a hail of energy than a singular beam. The Federation fleet was clearly focusing its efforts upon Keeper, while the Krathunians maintained a defensive position against the Vrentus. The Vanguard continued to lay suppressive fire upon the Jorro'kil with one broadside array while the other engaged the Krathunian Fortress Ship in direct combat. It was certainly a colliding of behemoths.

From a distance, the Wanderer watched and waited. The time would come for him to intervene.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:05 am

Chief Albus scowled, "Somehow I doubt you two ever had wings or tails, but considering Cipher seems to enjoy withholding information from me, and we have no idea what the west holds, I'll just have to go along with things." He looked at Isbar with a look that read, 'What do you take me for?' It was obvious from this that even though he was willing to accept Cipher's explanation, he doubted that Aarin and Isbar had any sort of relation to Chimerosu. He then turned to Cipher, "This is a strange operation you're running, Cipher, if the people you're using all have physical deformities, and handicaps that could be fatal without someone present to absorb lightning. I suppose, though, that they might just want to preserve their anonymity, which I guess is understandable, given who they're working with. You really don't like people knowing anything about you or your associates, do you?" He squinted one eye.

Cipher tapped his foot, "As long as this mission succeeds, Thundarians will no longer have to raid Pavo, and this ridiculous war will be over." He said.

Albus frowned, "Who says this war is 'ridiculous'?...Pavo, you said that's the name of the land to the west? How do you know that sort of information?

Cipher sighed, "You are clever, but also quite poor at recognizing what should be obvious. The new Alutadon stock will come from Pavo, so you can only explain this by coming to the conclusion that I've explored that territory." He then abruptly turned and walked over to the six captured Atroxniks, three males, and three females, with one female in possession of a hatchling. He gently picked up the juvenile, holding it carefully, and proceeded to gather the rope tethers. He then walked over to Ravage, and handed her the leads, "If you tie these to Xenos' saddle, then it should be much easier leading them, as his skin is very thick and likely immune to their quills and tail stingers." He explained.

Ravage nodded, "Yes, sir," She said, addressing him in an official manner that continued to keep up the illusion, not just for the Arashi Michi, but for most of the UCN soldiers, as well, that Cipher was an adult. She walked over to where Xenos' saddle was, and tied the leads around the strap that ran across the front, where they would be secure. The Atroxniks responded by moving to either side of the Spiromander, sticking rather close, because they were unable to see, due to the bags over their heads. Ravage then proceeded to jump onto the saddle, holding the strap to keep her own grip, and ensure the leads were secure. She nodded at Cipher, "Alright, we're ready to head off." She said.

Cipher turned to Albus and his three officers, "The job I have for you is very simple. We will leave the forest via the mountain north of here, and once we are no longer under the canopy, we are likely to attract lightning. If you can have your men fly above us to direct lightning away, that would be very much appreciated, as I am hoping to avoid any casualties."

Albus, continuing to scowl, nodded, "Well, can't have any argument, there." He then directed his gaze to Torn, "You, there, Maorach, you said? You can help us, and maybe while you're at it explain how it is that you're associated with Cipher.

Torn paled, "Ah...sure..." He then laughed uneasily.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:44 pm

Jiiran was in the process of leaping himself as the Wreae fired the energy bolts at him. Taking his doube-sword, which was already out and spinning, he used it as a shield, deflecting two beams, but taking a hit on the shoulder from a third. He staggered back a step or two, and looked up. The software in his helmet detected the weakness that had formed in Unsilenced Retributions shields. Jiiran fired some plasma at the Wreae's face as a distraction maneuver, and the lunged with his blade at the weak point in UR's shields

Aarin checked the hoods of the Atroxniks as he helped tether them to Xenos' saddle.

"Is there anything else that needs be done here?" he asked.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:48 pm

Cipher looked around at all the nests containing eggs, and shook his head, sighing, "Check all the nests to make sure they do not contain juveniles, and remove the plant lining inside each one. If there are juveniles, we can save them, but the mothers will not recognize their eggs if a foreign scent rubs off on them. Perhaps it we had better resources, we could raise the Atroxniks in captivity and release them into the wild, but unfortunately, we do not have that luxury." It was then obvious from the tone of his voice that it was painful for Cipher to give these instructions. The people present looked at each other, and the few not wearing masks had conflicted expressions on their faces; Cipher was asking them to remove what maintained the warmth of each egg, and to do as such would kill the baby Atroxniks forming inside. Taking the life of an adult was easy, but to kill anything that wasn't even fully-grown was much more difficult, and for those that had picked up on Cipher's compassion towards animals, he would probably feel very guilty about this, for a long time afterwards.

After a small amount of hesitation, people proceeded to go and check each nest, and after determining there were no hatched juveniles, removed the rotting plant material that was producing the heat that was sustaining each egg. Inspection of the entire nesting site revealed that aside from the hatchling that Cipher had already been holding, there was only one other juvenile present. Cipher took it upon himself to carry both, and with this task finished, nodded to Ravage, "It is time we re-locate these Atroxniks. We come back here and meet with the other groups, and then we proceed with going out to meet the Tani Yard on the other side of the border." Everyone then started walking, but then Chief Albus walked up to Cipher and put a hand on his shoulder, turning him around and then looking into the reflective lenses of Cipher's mask, as if he could see Rune's eyes underneath.

"You aren't an older Thundarian who's used to doing this kind of stuff, are you? What's someone like you doing going over the border into such a dangerous place? Who on Maozhu are the Tani Yard?" The Chief asked, keeping his voice quiet so that others couldn't hear. Unfortunately, Cavernians had excellent hearing, and so did Ravage and Isbar. Roughly a third of the people masquerading as volunteers could hear Albus when he spoke. Cipher went rigid, and Albus put his other hand on Cipher's other shoulder, giving him a slight shake, "Well, are you going to answer?" Cipher said nothing in response.

In a flash, Ravage snatched both of Chief Albus' wrists, and pulled his hands off of Cipher's shoulders, taking care not to scratch with her talons, although she would most likely leave a bruise. Albus then tried to wrench his hands away, but was unable to do so, and Ravage glared at him through the dark eyes of her mask, the feeling of it obvious, even though her eyes couldn't be seen. "Lay a hand on Cipher or threaten him, and I'll cut you." Ravage hissed. Albus stopped struggling, and froze, a look of what seemed to be fear showing on his face, before he rapidly hid it behind a scowl.

"Is that a threat, woman?" Albus growled.

Ravage's grip tightened, and pain flashed across the Chief's face, "Not a threat, but a promise. Don't ask questions you shouldn't expect answers for. We keep secrets for a very good reason, sir, and you will learn more when we feel like the time is right. Until then, bide your time, and think carefully before you threaten someone under my protection." With this, she let go of her wrist, and jumped back onto Xenos, grabbing the strap on his saddle, and tapping on his back to direct him. As the Spiromander got up, he looked sidelong at Albus and the Arashi Michi agents, baring his sharp serrated teeth, and giving a sharp growl, adopting the same stance as his master on the issue.

Cipher, carefully holding the two Atroxnik hatchlings, looked over at Ravage, and nodded, before turning, and walking alongside the Spiromander. Neither of the two said anything about the matter, and it was clear they didn't intend to. One would think it was unusual that every time Chief Albus had done so much as lay a hand on Cipher, Ravage had grown angry and warded him off; it didn't even seem to matter if he was doing it in a hostile manner. It made sense to preserve Cipher's secrecy, but Ravage was doing far more than anyone else had. It was actually somewhat abnormal.

When the group got to the edge of the forest, the Thundarians took off into the air, including Lorne, hidden by his cloak, in order to fly above everyone and direct away all the lightning from the clouds.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Aarin checked a compass. "We should probably be running into Mott's group before long, if nothing's gone wrong on their end." He glanced up at the Thundarians flying above them.

"It seems hard to believe that a race could develop an invulnerability to something as powerful as lighting, yet there they are. The galaxy is indeed full of surprises." He was careful to keep his voice down, so that it wasn't heard by anyone who shouldn't hear it.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:07 am

Cipher gave a small nod, "Most hold the belief that technology is more advanced than nature, but it actually takes very little effort to investigate and find that for every technological thing that has been made, there is a creature or mechanism that exists in nature that has the same function, and perhaps even surpasses what was made. Since ancient times, Chimerosu have held nature in great respect, and we seek to harmonize with it, rather than fight against it and try to control it, since doing so is largely impossible. Many are also under the misconception that nature, and the universe as a whole, are filled with disorder, when in truth, we are short-sighted because we don't see that there is a balance." Cipher carefully shifted the two juvenile Atroxniks in his arms, before continuing to speak, "Nature is its own balancing mechanism, predators kill prey, and whenever there is too much of one thing, something occurs that balances and evens out the number again." Cipher tilted his head a bit, glancing sidelong at Aarin through his mask, "Unfortunately, that balancing mechanism is what we are trying to avoid, as there is an excess of two predators, and almost no prey remaining, not enough to ensure a healthy comeback without fresh blood. In truth, if we did not do this, and Thundarians did not raid Pavo in order to survive, the end result would be the extinction of the Alutadons in the Dark Forest, the Atroxniks, and the Thundarians, as well."

Ravage looked down from where she was sitting on Xenos' back at Aarin, "Nature treats all living things in the same manner, it doesn't matter how smart we are. Overpopulation will be fixed with disease and famine, or a migration to a new place with more room; the numbers that can't survive die, and the result is a fitter population, with more resources, so they flourish. It doesn't matter what you do to avoid it; if nature isn't balanced, it will re-balance itself. You can invent antibiotics to kill bacteria, and the bacteria will adapt until no medicine can treat it; likewise, you can create a vaccine, and the virus will mutate a small part of itself, and set you back to square one on trying to find a cure." She faced forward again in the saddle, "In truth, nature is a fair system, but it's cruel, too, if you're one of the life-forms that loses to something stronger; the thought of leaving behind nothing of yourself, as though you never existed, is a terrible feeling."

Cipher nodded again, "What you say is true."
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:57 pm

Before long, as Aarin predicted, they met the party Mott had been a part of coming up with their own Atroxniks. Mott was sporting a bandage on his hand, and a scowl on his face.

"Ungrateful beasts!" he muttered. "Here I am, trying to help them, and one of them bites me! Stupid animals! Oh, hello," he said noting the additional Thundarians with Ravage and Co. "Who are your new friends?"

(@ViperaUnion I'll leave it up to you to decide who was with Mott, what the environment they are currently in is like, how exactly Mott party did things, etc.)
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:27 am

Ravage, hidden behind her mask, scowled, "The Arashi Michi, along with their Chief, Mott. They're directing lightning away from us, since we're starting up the mountain already." She said, referring to the Thundarians flying above the group, who were now beginning to steadily increase their altitude. Her face didn't have to be visible to make clear the expression she was wearing, which was sending the message, 'Don't do something stupid and give away the fact that we're aliens.' Instead, however, she tightened her grip on the strap of Xenos' saddle, and tilted her head as she looked at his hand, "You didn't fluff out the bags before using them, did you? They all had scents in them that resembled food so that the animals would be more likely to stick their heads into the openings. If you got the smell on your hand, they probably mistook it for food by accident, since they appear to be more timid than aggressive. Not all animals are like my Xenos."

Cipher gave a small nod in response, "It does appear that your companion is very intelligent, enough where he may even possess a sense of reason, although I am uncertain of that."
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:43 pm

Mott looked at the looming mountain, and groaned. "We're climbing that monstrosity? Wonderful! It's just one thrill after another, isn't it? What's your problem, Isbar?"

Isbar was looking up at the looming mountain with a strange look on his face. He took a deep breath and let it out in a sigh. "Almost feels like home. My kind makes their homes in the mountains." He promptly began to make his way up with the agility that could only belong to a creature made for living in such places.

"Well, at least one of us seems to be enjoying themselves," growled Mott as he began to toil upward.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:49 am

Ravage growled a bit, "Quit whining, Mott!" She hissed, suddenly very short-tempered, enough vehemence in her voice to take anyone aback by the sudden change of mood. She looked at him, and even Xenos produced a faint rumble in his throat, sensing his master's emotional state, and tilting his head slightly, no doubt looking at the Humdar with his powerful vision. Samir, who was riding behind Ravage, still only able to handle a small part of the journey, and thus having switched to riding on Xenos by the time they reached the edge of the Dark Forest, went rigid at the tone, seeming to pull himself away from her a bit, even though the saddle didn't allow much distance between two riders. Even the cadets from the Third Squadron, the young men and women underneath her, visibly walked so that there was more distance between them and the Spiromander, all of them having a certain tense quality to their bodies, as though uneasy. Horus, although unsure of what was going on, gave a small yelp, and backed away.

Cipher did not move from where he was walking next to Xenos, seemingly unconcerned.

Lucas bumped into Mott intentionally, before walking beside him, "Mott, The Lieutenant Colonel can only tolerate so many complaints before she starts to snap. I'd pick silently walking over this mountain, before I choose to have her angry at me." He said, not bothering to hide behind a whisper, since she was able to hear almost anything. The Frigian then carefully veered away to stay safely with the other cadets in his squadron.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:56 am

(Since Whoster won't post)

The scales of Kradus' snout wrinkled. His eyes narrowed much in a fiery fashion. He looked at Xej darkly. "Is there anything about you that hasn't changed, Xej? Are you really all the same? If so, I shall have no trouble killing you this time!" Kradus' legs sprung up onto two pillars, quickly pushing and collapsing them, both on either side of Xej, but not touching him. Yet the force of their impact made the floor vibrate.

Kradus coughed some steam from his snout and looked back at Xej. "Look at what you are. Look at how... small, you have become. Tell me, Therus, if someone told you I would return in such a... such a powerful form, would you believe them?" Kradus snarled. His legs screeched as they began to scratch the floor. "Of course not, I have confirmed. You're as hard-eared as you were when we first met, aren't you?" Kradus gave what seemed to be a giggle. "Xej Therus, the charming Zealot from the Free Absolute that everyone adores. Raised from an egg or a pod or whatever the helth you came out of, and in time, groomed into a warrior," Kradus cooed in a malicious way as he crawled in his arthropluricp state across the floor. His voice suddenly hardened into something of pure contempt and hatred as he threw many of the objects that had been pushed up against the walls out into the area with his anger.

"Yet you never knew what it's like to live with the galaxy your whole life! You were raised on Irooscin to my assumption, you were sheltered by all of this, while I and the rest of my kind, fell victim to what really lies out there!" Kradus blazed fires at one of the walls, the heat surging through the room. "You think your life is harsh? Do you even know the meaning of that, Therus? Can you truly say you know what to expect when you go out with the rest of your Kil-soldier scum, out into the void of space and armed with whatever weaponry your pathetic superiors provide? Truth be told, you know nothing. You are a foolish pawn at the fingertips of your forsaken Confederacy. Wait and see what becomes of you when you find for yourself a true legacy, achieved and earned over the course of your life. Something you're proud of, and then have it ripped away, just as I had done to me! My precious Dominion, my life's work! An alliance I crafted to secure the galaxy and bring a new order. A place where I would feel safe once more. And what has your people done? Defied me in every way, only for trying to make things right again! If you knew what was better for you, you would have joined the Dominion the moment your ships made contact with us. Because now it's too late, and you're losing your friends every moment of every day. Just look at how the Dranzoot have been bent to my will, brought to their bony knees and crushed under the weight of all my glory! The same will happen to the Wereans and the Krathunians and the Xikarians and every last alien within the Confederacy. The moment they're singled out is the moment they are killed." Kradus growled, his cheek muscles twitching.

"Now it's too late, now you'll never taste such a benevolent fruit, a fruit that would nurture you and make you grow. Only at the price that you offer your forces in return. For without that fruit you know that you will only shrivel away into nothingness, die weak and alone and clawing at the dust as you lay there in all that filth. You're just another body on the battlefield, in the end. They can build as many monuments, as many remembrances as they can, Xej. But in the end you'll never be remembered. Look at me, and look at how I died. After five hundred years of service to trillions of life-forms, I am forgotten completely, and my ways rejected. You, Xej Therus, have accomplished far less than I have," Kradus licked his lips with his long, purple, forked tongue. "Imagine to the extent that you would be forgotten."
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:48 am

Isbar climbed on, showing no sign of fatigue. Sometimes he paused, stood upright, and looked outwards. One would almost imagine he was admiring the view.

Something definitely seems to be changing in him, though Aarin to himself. This trip, maybe, had actually had a positive affect on the Virc. He seemed more empathetic than before, and would almost seem to be opening up.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:03 pm

Above the group transporting the animals, the sky was thick with dark, menacing clouds, and alive with lightning. There were bright flashes as electricity jumped between the clouds, and sometimes attempted to discharge down to the earth. With every flash, people would occasionally notice dark darting shadows, the silhouettes of the Thundarians, as they worked to channel the lightning away so that the mission could proceed in a safe manner. One time, Lorne, recognizable by the fact that he was disguised in robes, flew beneath the clouds, and while everyone watched, a bolt of lightning struck him, causing his body to briefly glow a bright blue. It was then that he chose to re-direct the lightning upwards, raising his head, and letting loose a stream of multiple blue bolts of his own lightning, looking more like a creature of legend than an actual person, seeming more ethereal than physical, and more dragon than bird.

Eventually, though, they began to descend on the other side of the mountain, and the native forest of the Atroxniks came into view, recognizable as something different from the regular Dark Forests, because the leaves of all the plants seemed to have violet and purple tints to them, and a few plants that made up the undergrowth produced strange white flowers with exotic scents. Brightlight Mushrooms, like those that provided light in Cipher's library, grew in a few places, illuminating darker parts of the forest. The Atroxniks began to act up at this point, as though sensing their home drawing closer with every step they took. They raised their heads, trying to see through the sacks that covered their eyes, and made a commotion. Xenos had to growl to make them settle, and the frequency continued to increase.

Cipher, meanwhile, had trouble holding the two juveniles, as they began to struggle, making high-pitched peeps, as though excited over something, although they had both been well-behaved during the trip over the mountain.

At the edge of the forest, the procession stopped, and Cipher nodded at Ravage, "Untie their leads, and remove the sacks covering their heads. They should immediately run into the forest, they seem quite eager to reach it." He then lowered the juveniles, and they leaped from his arms, darting over to the adults, and taking up place next to their respective mothers.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:04 pm

Kradus's words gave new light to bitter memories, and released them from Xej's subconscious. Painful events, and those which elevated him to his Zealot rank. They danced across his mind tantalizingly, just outside of his grasp, and yet never to allow themselves to be caught. Xej strove to reach them, to destroy them, but he could not.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Blood.

Blood on his hands. No, not just his hands. Streaks of crimson, mixed with lavender, adorned his khaki power armor. Xej curled his left hand into a fist, then watched it unfold. There were bodies everywhere, lining the metal halls, and yet he could not focus on his environment.

His pupils dilated for a moment. He tasted the blood in his mouth.. and felt disgust.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"No, no, no, no, no. FOCUS." Xej repeated again and again in his mind. Several moments passed.. and he started to look up at Kradus. "You've told lies for so long.. you've convinced yourself of your own lie." He said.

Xej retracted his right arm and sword upwards until it was only a few inches from his face. He held the weapon vertically, ready to fight.

"So it begins again."
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:22 pm

"Careful now," said Aarin as people began reaching for the sacks. "I suspect they'll be off like a shot once their hoods are off, and they might knock you down if you aren't careful."

Mott was already taking the sack off the head of one as Aarin said this, and sure enough, the Atroxnik was off, knocking Mott over. The Humdar might have rolled the rest of the way down the mountain had Isbar not caught hold of his shirt.

"Yeah, go ahead and laugh why don't you," said Mott grumpily, noticing the amused look in the Virc's eye.

The Markovan forces had swept the shield world thoroughly up to that point, enthusiastically wiping out any enemy forces they had found. As the Vrentus adjusted, the quick-thinking general assigned to command the Markovan forces decided upon an old favorite tactic. The Markovans formed themselves into a circle and began the alternate-fire routine; two rows of soldiers, one standing higher than the other, with each row taking turns to fire and all out blast of plasma at the enemy, ensuring a continuous barrage.

Meanwhile, outside in space, the giant conglomerate mech formed by the Mondarian ships came within range of its target, the Wrath. It lifted its arms, where the anti-matter cannons were located, and began to unleash a constant stream of anti-matter, not concentrated bursts as before. A small squadron of Markovan vessels took notice of this, and came to attack the conglomerate, which, while maintaining its attack on the Wrath, fired a salvo of missiles. The Markovans agilely dodged around, although a few did get hit. The rest of the Markovan fleet, having dealt with the ships that were affected by the UFIAI's attack, went into full attack mode, splitting themselves into groups, going for all Terminus vessels. They swooped in in formations, some dropping missiles, other flying in close and attacking with cutting beams.

Far away from Dranus, from Kvanun, and from Maozhu, not marked on any star chart, one solitary system stood. A single sun, a yellow variety, was orbited by one world. It was mostly tropical in nature. But the thick, lush rainforest that covered most of its surface hid a secret. This was the world the Liirlith called home.

Beneath the surface of this seemingly uninhabited tropical planet were labyrinths of passages. There were laboratories mostly, but their were other things, such as sleeping quarters, greenhouses, livestock pens, and kitchens, almost all of the things you'd expect to find in a regular city. But other things were here too. Certain rooms, called initiation rooms, were present, rooms filled with strange orb-like devices. These were connected to one other room, right in the center of it all, deeper down than the others. This was the throne room of the one the Liirlith called the Father.

That room was dark, the few red lights present doing little to illuminate that eerie chamber. The only other lights came from the eyes of figure that sat on the throne, one a burning flame, the other more like some sort of spotlight. These eyes were rarely still, flicking back and forth as if searching for something.

It was said by the Liirlith that the Father could hear the thoughts of others, and truth ran strongly through this saying. The Father could indeed read minds if he so chose, his ability to so increasing with proximity. His immense mind stretched out from him, filling the room. To those without telepathic abilities, it would have seemed like an aura of menace filled the chamber, squeezing the throat and burrowing into the senses, threatening to take them away. Indeed, the two Liirlith who stood constantly in readiness seemed very dull-eyed, responding to nothing, as if having to stand in the presence of this personage had robbed them of their ability to think and act on their own accord. But for those gifted with telepathic abilities, his presence would have been terrifying, the sheer power flowing from his intellect, infused with the energy of madness.

The Father reached out constantly with his mind, seeking to see all. With all the information he received from the Liirlith, this might have almost been a possibility for him. He was aware of almost everything that happened on his world, and, mostly through the Liirlith, what went on outside. In the top of the chamber was some sort of receiver/transmitter. Through it, he could extend his reach, transmitting his thought outwards to other places far away, receiving information, giving instructions to the Liirlith scattered abroad. His sources told him that they were getting close to their goal, promising him completion in about two decades give or take a few years. Then he would be able to reveal himself and begin his great work, to restore the realm that once was. It was a long time to wait, some might think, but it was little to him who had already worked and waited for over a million years to achieve his goal.

His one eye narrowed, and then closed. A tremor ran through him; the aura around him shook and pulsed. He suddenly snapped his eyes open as a mad burst of energy flowed forth, through the great transmitter, out into space. He began to recite something, something sounding like an incantation. It was heard by every Liirlith base in the galaxy; by sheer chance, some of it might have been picked up by the radios of ships out in the galaxy, though they would be baffled by it:

“Chá lí tavrin ú lí heliba í lí nuvre ú lí nu. Chá lí un cevitar lí pacadin óve. Chá lí nóli. Chá lí mali. Chá lí un ú chakra í ne’petrin. Chá Jin’tar!”

Every Liirlith who heard it promptly stopped what they were doing, and fell prostrate, crying out as one: “Nóli mai! Nóli mai! Sé lir tu!”

Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:02 am

All of the Atroxniks were released, and just like the first, they immediately darted into the forest, vanishing as though they had never been there. Ravage stared after them, flicking her tail, "It seems that it doesn't matter if they were born in the Dark Forest, this place is where they belonged, and they knew it, even before they saw it." She tapped Xenos, now able to move more freely, as he was no longer tethered to other animals. Xenos tilted his head, and growled in agreement with his master, understanding that it was a wonderful feeling to find a place where you fully belonged. Xenos, of course, despite having a planet he belonged on somewhere in the galaxy, didn't think that he'd leave his master's side for it; he had much to be grateful for, and he felt more purpose as Ravage's companion than he had simply running loose on Xenophon.

Cipher nodded, "Well, they have been released, so now, we must go back, and cull the remaining Atroxniks still running loose in the Dark Forest. By this time, those assisting us on the other side of the border are probably almost finished with capturing the Alutadons I specified. Once we finish here, there is only the matter of transporting the Alutadons across the desert, and releasing them into the Dark Forest to breed with what remains of the Thundarian population." He looked at the Thundarians flying above, still re-directing lightning, "Then, we should make ourselves fully known, because with this mission completed, there will be no more reason for the Thundarians to raid Pavo. We will use the knowledge of our existence, combined with matching historical articles in our libraries, to overturn any opposition to the truth."

Without saying anything else, Cipher turned, and once more, the group was led over the mountain, back to the Dark Forest to cull the Atroxniks that remained.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:43 pm

"Well, Isbar," said Aarin, "I guess part of this will fall to you. Just try to make sure it's as quick and painless for them as possible."

"I know how to kill something quickly," replied Isbar, rather testily. He paused for a moment, and rubbed his bony, ridged temples with his eyes shut for a moment, something no one had seen him do before. Then he quickly snapped back to attention, and went off into the woods. Before long, the sounds of his guns firing announced he had found his first set of targets.

Admiral Lirr looked past the lines of the Markovans. He really preferred hand to hand combat, but at the moment, the Markovan strategy was effective, though it would most likely be only a matter of time before the Vrentus and Despotic droids figured a way to adjust.

Suddenly his communicator began to buzz strangely.

"Is that you, General?" he said in response. "What is your reason for contacting me?"

A voice came through, but it wasn't the General's: Chá lí tavrin ú lí heliba í lí nuvre ú lí nu. Chá lí un cevitar lí pacadin óve. Chá lí nóli. Chá lí mali. Chá lí un ú chakra í ne’petrin. Chá Jin’tar!

Lirr stared at his communicator in confusion. "What?"
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:46 am

The disguised UCN soldiers worked together to purge the remaining Atroxniks from the Dark Forest, and because of the large number of people working on the operation, it took little to no time at all to kill off the animals, making the fifteen pairs, plus juveniles, that had been re-located to their native forest the only remaining members of the species. When confirmation came through, Ravage was the one who delivered the information to Cipher, looking quite murderous, because her hands were coated in the bright crimson blood of the animals, no different in appearance from the blood of a Chimerosu. Cipher, upon processing the news, nodded, "Alright, that means that we are almost finished. The only remaining task that we have now, is bringing the Alutadons that I requested the Tani Yard capture for us, to this forest." With this, he turned to Chief Albus, and the Arashi Michi officers, who had landed upon the group reaching the Dark Forest, as there was no need to re-direct the lightning away, "Do you think you could give us assistance in crossing the desert? We were nearly struck by lightning, out in the open."

The Chief of the Arashi Michi scowled, but then, looked at Ravage, who was standing right next to Cipher, shooting the Thundarian a death glare. By this point, Albus and his detectives had worked out that this mysterious cloaked woman, who worked with the gigantic blue animal, was some sort of bodyguard or protector, in regards to her ties with Cipher. She took her job seriously, if she was hired, but for some reason, there was a twinge of doubt that money had any involvement, and the creeping suspicion that it had more to do with Cipher himself. Albus stared at the woman for a bit, before Xenos, standing behind Cipher and Ravage, raised his head and looked at the four men. Whatever the creature was, there was little doubt that it would kill them if Ravage ordered it; that wasn't a pleasant thought.

Albus finally nodded, "Alright, then," He said, having little else to say on the matter.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:34 am

Isbar seemed strangely out of sorts. He kept rubbing his brow and shaking his head; every now and then he could be heard muttering "What is wrong with me?"

Aarin came up to him. "Are you all right, Isbar?"

Isbar promptly stood upright, striding forward briskly, but with an angry look on his face.

"Fine! Never better!"

Aarin frowned. This was obviously not true. Aarin cast Ravage a glance, and then came up to Isbar again.

"What's wrong, Isbar? You're not yourself."

Isbar seemed to shake for a moment, but then suddenly whirled around angrily. "It's all your fault!" he snapped. "You and all the rest of you! You're turning me soft!"

With that, he stalked ahead of everyone, scowling and growling.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:55 pm

Ravage, walking next to Cipher, and Xenos following behind the group, squinted one eye behind her mask at Isbar as he shouted at Aarin and stomped off ahead of everyone else into the desert. Ravage's tail twitched, and finally, she scratched the base of one of her horns beneath her hood, unable to shake the feeling that Isbar's situation likely applied to her, as well. Finally, she just let out a heavy sigh, "Friendships do have their own value, but on a negative side, caring about people can make your own goals more difficult to achieve. He has enemies he wants to be rid of, but allowing himself to be mellowed out makes it difficult; peace is something everyone wants, and it's not easy to be motivated about fighting when you know what it feels like. This time he's spent on Maozhu has probably been a very good experience, but it is also a large distraction."

Cipher looked at Ravage, "You seem to understand what Isbar is feeling, and yet you do not appear to be troubled by your friendships, even though you have claimed that you are going to seek revenge on your enemies. I do not fully understand it."

Ravage looked down at Cipher, "My enemies should be stopped, especially now that they have the potential to do something catastrophic with what they've obtained, however, I do not think I feel the desire for revenge, so much as anger at my privacy being violated; they had the gall to sneak into my home while I was asleep, and steal from me." Behind the mask, her eyes narrowed, and her tone became one of pure disgust, "There is still one enemy that I truly hate, and the only reason I gave up was because somebody destroyed them before I did. If they were still alive, however, no amount of friendships would be able to stop me from seeking revenge. What they stole from me can never be returned, and I will never forgive them for the hideous things they did; their crimes are not forgivable, and I cannot even comprehend what a fitting punishment may be. Even the Liirlith, for all the terrible things they have done, were not so revolting and vile; they are not so sickening, that I would feel bile rising in my throat, as I do when I think about the ones I swore revenge on."

Cipher was quiet for a bit, "Who are these foes, and what did they do that was so terrible?"

Ravage made a sound that suggested she had gagged at some vivid memory, because she put her hand to her face, as though attempting to cover her mouth. Her free hand trembled, before clenching into a fist so tight that the knuckles turned white, "I'd kill every last one of them..." She growled through her gritting serrated teeth, lowering the hand she had used to cover her mask. "I just wanted to go out there, and slaughter all of them, the Karthla. It wasn't as though they'd even care, most of them were mindless puppets, people so warped they didn't remember who they used to be. I didn't care, though, I just wanted that plague wiped from existence, because I can't sleep at night when all I see are the same things over and over."

Cipher looked at her intensely, for a moment, "I suppose I touched upon something you probably did not want to remember. When you yourself tell a story, you can move around the things you do not want to recall, but when someone asks you a question, the case is not the same, and you often see a flood of memories related to the question. I will not press any further, if what you saw was so terrible that you would have to resist the urge to vomit. It appears these nightmares are the main reason you choose to sleep separately from other females of your kind, and why you often seem to avoid sleep, entirely. It would not even matter, were you knocked out, because they may be so vivid you awaken almost immediately."

Ravage growled behind her mask, "You don't need to analyze an open book, Cipher." She said, "Nobody likes their flaws being pointed out to them, either. Besides, you will have to learn to accept that even though I am willing to have friendships and other social ties, some aspects of me refuse to change, because my mind will not allow it. I cannot forget what I saw, felt, or heard, and I cannot forget that feeling of hate that it left inside of me. I know that it is wrong to dwell on such things, but I am unable to completely move on from it, though I have tried. I am cursed by fate, that so many horrible things would happen to me, and that nothing that I do that is good can make up for it, or wash away the anger. It doesn't matter what people say, or what I do, because that anger is still inside my heart, and nothing has ever managed to purge it; it sickens me, and nobody seems to understand that it's that feeling I've always been trying to get rid of."

Cipher fell silent, "You call yourself a monster, because people say monsters have hatred in their hearts. People tell you that you are not so terrible, but to you, their opinions do not change that image of yourself, because you still feel that hate, even though you have heaped things onto it, and buried it so that nobody else but you can see it." He was quiet for a long time after this, "I cannot fully comprehend the things you have seen, but I see that you are not trying to hide who you are. You cling tightly to your friendships and the bonds you have with others, because it is a pillar of stability, what reminds you of who you want to be. You have been striving to be honest with people, but what you are trying to tell them is something they cannot understand; it is something they have never experienced."

Ravage's head lowered as she looked down at the sand, "Yeah..." she agreed, suddenly feeling tired.

Cipher tilted his head, "I think I understand those feelings, because even though I may do many good things, I will always feel angry at people, for the way they treated me, even though my ultimate goal is to overcome that obstacle."

He took a deep breath, and let it out, "I think that we are quite well-matched, as a team, and I look forward to working with you in the future, wherever that path may lead to."

He then looked after where Isbar was trudging in the distance, perhaps too far, even, to be within earshot, despite his incredible hearing, "I wonder if even Isbar would understand."
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:16 pm

Aarin checked the skies. "It's getting late. We should think about scouting someplace to spend the night."

Aboard the Majesty above, something strange came through the comm system: Chá lí tavrin ú lí heliba í lí nuvre ú lí nu. Chá lí un cevitar lí pacadin óve. Chá lí nóli. Chá lí mali. Chá lí un ú chakra í ne’petrin. Chá Jin’tar

It played through only once, and its source couldn't be identified.

Aarin's communicator beeped suddenly. He looked at it, and then muttered "Later," leaving whoever called to leave a message.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 39  Next