Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

\| Divided Paths |/ - Chapt. 3 - Resolute - Biome (IC)

+8
Alimnation
Whos
Scrylonsis13
Celo
Sean1M
Luxembourgish
Zandoo
Vara Lord
12 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

\| Divided Paths |/ - Chapt. 3 - Resolute - Biome  (IC) - Page 9 Empty Re: \| Divided Paths |/ - Chapt. 3 - Resolute - Biome (IC)

Post by curius Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:11 pm

With fast and silent steps Dolos followed the trail left in the dust. In the shady darkness of the unfinished building Dolos was undetectable by naked eye, the swarm of nanobots mimicking the background almost perfectly. After a moment of tracking Dolos detected a faint sound of speech.

Carefully Dolos peered around the corner, holding its railrifle ready. It detected the purist leader, Velsen, lying on the ground and an unidentified alien captor. Dolos was about to charge in, but then heard what the alien was saying.

According to what the alien said, Dolos concluded that he was not with the Confederacy. He also said that aiding purists would help hes cause. Dolos decided to see what this alien had planned, before charging in. If there would be a solution where Dolod didn't have to reweal its true nature, it was willing to take it. Just to be sure Dolos leaned around the corner and took a careful aim at the alien's head. If the alien was going to get violent on Velsen or take too much time Dolos would proceed according the original plan: charge in.
curius
curius
Honorary Member

Back to top Go down

\| Divided Paths |/ - Chapt. 3 - Resolute - Biome  (IC) - Page 9 Empty Re: \| Divided Paths |/ - Chapt. 3 - Resolute - Biome (IC)

Post by Alimnation Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:00 pm

"Thank you for the assistance. " The navigator said back. "We were told that this ship isn't ready for long distance flights but we had a mission and needed to complete it."

The scout ship then moves to line up with the Brady and lines up the tube with the ship. "We are ready to refuel."
Alimnation
Alimnation
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:21 pm

Najii continued his monologue as he gloated over his victim. "I know that insssssside that other building were more than jusssssst Krathunian ambassadorssssssss. There wassss one other assss well."

Going over to the one wall, he removed a panel and dragged something out. It was Nazzi. She was bound and gagged, and was just coming out of the effect of the knockout herself.

"Asssss I'm sssssure you know," went on Najii, "her raccce issss allied to your own. Both you and the Markovansssss are quite powerful empiressssss."

Nazzi glared at Najii, and tried to say something through her gag.

Najii came over to Velsen. He held out a paper to his face. On the bottom was what looked like the signature of Emperor Xonoc.

"Thisssss Markovan will die, by the hand of a Jorro'kil, your own. Thisssss would count assss little usssually. Mossst would dissssmisssss it assss the action of a bunch of radical maniacsssss, but not thisssss time. You ssssssee, according to thisssss, when you killed her, you were acting on insssstructionssss of your Emperor."

He smiled, relishing the affect his words had. "The Markovanssss are very hot-headed creaturessss. When they find out that your beloved Emperor comissssssioned the death of one of their ambassssadorsssss, they'll be ssssscreaming for your people'ssssss blood. Jussssst think, two great empiresssss, blowing each other to peacesssss. Ssssssave usss the trouble. But then again, that'ssssss what you wanted, wassssn't it? War?"

Nazzi finally managed to spit the gag out. "Filthy slime!" she said. "You Liirlith were always cowards, afraid to engage in real battle!"

Najii looked at her contemptuously. "You are ssssuch narrow-minded creaturesssss. You may call it cowardiccccce, but it'ssss really clever ssstrategy. Why bother with making war on otherssss when they'll fight each other and remove themsssselves for you?"
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zandoo Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:04 pm

Suflet Călit made a nervous nod to the.. Markoovies? Martians? Mar.. mar.. Markov.. Markovians! Growing a bit less insane-paranoid, he asked the Markovians, "By any chance, would happen to know the name of the Nisip who told you a representative would be meeting you here?"

Suflet Călit has organ sacs to kick.
Zandoo
Zandoo
Communist Dictator of Equestria

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Terrin opened his mouth a moment, then frowned, trying not to look foolish; he had forgotten the name of the Nisip who they had been speaking to.

"I don't believe that that is really relevant,. . ." he began, trying to sound superior

"Er, excuse me," said Hissin, "but I think her name was Salată."
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zandoo Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:58 pm

Salată

Nearly all of his fear had vanished just then and was replaced by anger. Even with her out of the way, Salată still manages to mess up anything us other generals are trying to do! I swear if I get my hands on-

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of one of the soldiers coughing. Though Nisip coughs are very loud and often cause some sand to move from the ground. 

Suflet Călit wiped any trace of disgust off of his face and quickly replied with a, "Thank you. We just like to keep things organized here is all."
Zandoo
Zandoo
Communist Dictator of Equestria

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:11 pm

Terrin shot Hissin a murderous look. "Be that as it may," he said slowly, "is there any representative we can speak to, as she promised? Or have we been tricked?" His voice took a slightly dangerous edge to it.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:33 pm

Tense moments passed before Ilinya's message was returned, but the Nevarzian ship, a white, silver and dark blue thing, roughly oblong in shape, sat, never moving an inch. Its weapons systems were indeed powered up, as were the electromagnetically powered light shields the Nevarzians had scavenged from the Dominion.

A metallic, grainy voice said; "We ask that you leave this area soon. You are Confederacy... we want nothing to do with any alliances. They are traps. We are no threat to you now."

The tone of voice at the end indicated the now was but a point of fluctuation, and the Nevarzian's demeanor may well change.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Velsen was more awake now. He snorted in Nazzi's direction, then turned to face Najii with a look of disgust. "Our brothers blind, but we want not that we should fight. Rather, to make them see. We can crush any empire quickly, and crushing you personally is what I will do." He struggled slightly, trying to snap the ties with which he was bound. They were thick, synthetic fibers, incredibly resilient as well. Not good. But he had a knife in his belt, if the Liirlith hadn't bothered to search him.

Quietly, Velsen prodded around with his right hand, which happened to be more loose than his left.

Ah! There it was, tucked away as he had hoped. Now it was simply a matter of manipulating it into his hand, without the Liirlith realizing.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:01 pm

Najii chuckled, a raspy hissing sound. "Issssss that right?" he said. "Well let me assssure you you won't live long enough for that." He drew a gun from behind him, a small weapon, seemingly stolen, seeign as it was of Jorro'kil make.

"You can sssstop fooling around back there," he said to Velsen. "My plan issss to ssshoot her firssssst, and then you. That way, it will look like you shot her and then yoursssself. That issss in fact one of the insssstructionssss written here, but I can alwaysssss improvisssse."

Nazzi glared at Najii, and then at Velsen. "So you kill your own allies just to prove you are strong? Pha! You sicken me. You are nothing but a dishonorable traitor!" She squirmed as she tried to get loose.

Terrin looked contemptuously at the Nevarzians. "Am I supposed to be frightened by that? Who are you anyways? Do you not know who we are? We are the Markovan Empire!"

Hissin rubbed his face in despair. That idiot was going to create and incident if he kept going like this.

Tissin scanned the ground furiously. Then he spotted it. He looked over at Straus, who was looking at the gun lying on the ground. "There are drag marks here," he said.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:43 pm

Soon, the fuel transferring process began. Small amounts of fuel from the Brady went into the relatively small fuel tank of the scouting ship.

Within twelve minutes, the tank was full. However, even with its job done, the Brady didn't move away yet. "Captain," The Xikarian voice transmitted into the Xileievien ship, "We'd like to trade information about our empire with information about yours. Say, perhaps we could begin trade -- we are always looking for new trade opportunities."
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

http://pseudocompsognathus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alimnation Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:20 pm

Avlex sat silently for a bit he did not know what to really do. After a few minute he sent a transmission to the Brady, "This is the Captain of the ship, I do not feel like it is my choice to set up trade routes or discuss empire information. If you wish, you may follow us back to our space and I can get you to one of our Tribunal." He then sat down wonder where to take them if they agree to come. The homeworld would be to dangerous.
Alimnation
Alimnation
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:52 am

Fluffy pondered over her thoughts a bit. "I assume that you have been tracking the whereabouts of this ambassador? It is about a two days trip from here to the Felinite colony so do you have any conformation that he will still be there in that time?"
-------------------------------------
Oria contacted the Zartoid Empress through her holo-communicater. "Empress we have been gathering as much information on the location of the artifacts" said Oria in a steely mechanical tone. "But we are hitting a dead end. I believe its time we make ourselves known so we can begin extracting information from these fleshling."

"Very well Oria" Said the Empress in her usual soft tone. "Put out a fake greating and see if any of these inferior slugs take the bait. With a good enough show of force some of these races should fall under our rule. Then we should get the information we need. You'd better make this work Oria." The Empress closed the transmission.

Oria went to the bridge and shouted in a raspy tone: "Set up a mock signal now! Lets see if the worms will take the bait."

The ship (which was still in its nebula hiding spot) started playing a fake transmission: "This is ambassador Itic of the Corfothian Empire. We send this transmission in hopes of meeting any who should find it."

Last edited by Sean1M on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by curius Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:37 am

Dolos had troubles to understand the Jorro’kil Velsen. Dolos had to admit that that alien’s plan was pretty ingenious, and even if Velsen was not willing to cooperate it would have been wiser to play along with the shady alien. Dolos recalled a term called pride would probably explain the Jorro’kil’s actions. Or perhaps the right term would be honour. Dolos had difficulties distinguishing these things when in Combat overdrive.

Dolos’ combat algorithms reminded that these things, not only difficult to understand were also irrelevant in combat situations. Dolos directed its thoughts back on the matter at hand: how to rescue the Purist leader from the assassin-like alien, preferably without revealing its true form as an UFIAI infiltrator. Well, detailed long-term plans were not for Dolos, those things required large amounts of computing power for sophisticated simulations and models, things that Dolos didn’t have. Dolos had to settle with improvisation.

Dolos switched its railgun to submunition, kind of a shotgun, and fired a powered up shot at the ceiling above the alien threatening the Velsen and other alien. Top layer of the concrete ceiling exploded downwards filling the room with dust in split second. Dolos rushed in, using every bit of speed it could get from its fiber-muscles. Dolos was able to see clearly in the dust cloud, thanks to its broad array of sensors, and it aimed a powerful hit from its elbow into the midsection of the Najii’s body. Dolos changed its tactical cloak to its previous disguise and reached for Velsen with its right hand while pulling the plasma pistol with its right one, ready to finish the alien.
curius
curius
Honorary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Nvarn, as Dolos quickly discarded the guise of Astan, noticed the UFIAI infiltrator's true identity. Quickly the Krathunian sprang forward to grab the machine but missed as the robot rapidly advanced. Nvarn growled in anger, looking back to Straus and Tissin. "That's not a Jorro'kil," He muttered under his breath, looking back into the area where Dolos had escaped into. He gestured for the others to follow him as he observed the marks and dust on the floor, on the trail of Dolos. He silently readied his rifle, keeping it in its medium-range mode.

Silus shook his head, making a quiet sigh as he looked back at Meris. "Not at the moment. I will notify you, though. I am tracking several... new clients." Silus grinned, not willing to give this part of his plan away to the Jorro'kil.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:41 pm

Najii fell with a hiss, nursing broken ribs, he quickly grabbed for the gun he had dropped.

"Drop the gun, Jorro'kil!" came a voice. A Markovan voice.

Standing in a previously closed entrance to the room was none other than Gettrav vin Dastic, pointing his gun at Dolos.

Tissin hurried after Nvarn, hefting his gun.

"Oh, don't worry," said Zara in response to Fluffy's question. "That matter hasssss been sssseen to." She dropped something into Fluffy's paw. "Insssstall thissss into your ship, and you can open a small temporary wormhole to the area. The coordinatessss have already been programed in."
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:22 am

Fluffy's mouth curved into a nasty smirk. "Nice to see a client that knows what their talking about. Then I assume you are already aware that energy weapons are practically useless within a Felinite dampening field. Fortunately I have just the weapon for the job. Would you like to see it?"
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm

Zara grinned. "I'd love to sssssee it."
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:10 am

Fluffy lead Zara to her ship and opend the hatch. They entered a room that appeared to be empty. Fluffy pushed a few buttons and a section of the left wall opened revealing what at first glance looked like a crude sniper rifle.
"Don't be fooled by its crude appearance. This rifle is made of some tough metal alloys all designed to contain a strong explosive charge while suppressing the sound to about that of a normal gunshot. But thats not the best part. The best part is the amo this thing uses." She holds up what looks like a black crystal shaped into the form of a sharp bullet. "These bullets are made of artificially constructed carbonaldo or black diamonds if you prefer. They are very expensive but one of the strongest substances known and when you combine these with this beauty you can fire them through steel and it will still practically maintain its current speed. I can't imagine a weapon that has better accuracy than this."
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:38 pm

Zara's tongue slid in and out as she hissed in approval. "A thing of beauty indeed," she said in her sibilant voice. "I'm sssssure thissss will be jusssst the thing. When can you leave?"
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by curius Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:34 pm

The situation was getting worse and worse. For a split second Dolos considered just shooting this new annoyance. Dolos could propably take a hit or two before any serious damage would be inflicted. But that idea got quickly discarded. Then Dolos noticed that Velsen had almost freed himself. Dolos turned the pistol away from Naji and tossed it seemingly random on the ground, within an arms reach from Velsen, and lazily rised its hands up. Dolos then turned to face the Markovian. "And who might you be?" Dolos asked, looking wery annoyed.
curius
curius
Honorary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:19 pm

Straus nodded, thinking while he followed.

"He vould have not have dropped ze weapon on purpose, he vasn't vearing gloves.." His expression morphed to one of realization.

"Nvarn, Tissin.. " He said. "Do you remember ze Liirlith? His name vas Najii.. and I believe he may be responsible for zhis."

His pace increased. "Vhere are we going? I don't remember this part of ze building." He asked Nvarn.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Velsen was nearly finished with the tedious cutting, much to his relief. Breaking through them with suddenness, he kept still as if he were bound.

"Astan.. fear not, our cause is not lost." With a graceful motion, Velsen revealed his freedom, and grasped the plasma pistol laying near him. It was big, obviously designed with a special function, as he had witnessed.

He aimed at the newly arrived Markovan, and fired a burst. The recoil was surprisingly strong, even for him, and he didn't wait to see the result, aiming the weapon at Najii and firing.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:51 pm

"I can leave right know if you like but you will need to disembark my ship. I wouldn't want the person paying me to get imprisoned or killed now would I?"
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Gettrav dodged aside, the blast burning his shoulder armor, singing him. He hissed, and drew his sword, advancing on Dolos, he jumped up agilely and aimed a kick at his face while swinging his sword at his left arm. Najii had just enough time to dodge the shot fired at him. Leaping forward, he made a lunge at Velsen, but tripped when Nazzi kicked at his legs. Hissing, his face came close to Velsen's gun hand, which he promptly bit into savagely.

Tissin hurried forward. Just as Straus was asking Nvarn the question, Tissin paused. He thought he heard shouts and gunfire faintly ahead. "Do you here that?"

Zara nodded. "Of coursssse," she said. "You will find me here when you work isssss done. Good luck."

She slid sinuously out of the ship, then, the moment Fluffy turned her back, activated her cloaking device. How fortunate it was that we were able to access the information the Krathunians had on these creatures so that the necessary adjustments could be made, she thought. This cloaking device she had was able to not only keep her from being seen, or even smelled, or (to a lesser degree) heard; it had been modified to block her from the sixth sense of empathic lifeforms.

Silent as a shadow, Zara slipped back onto Fluffy's vessel, right as the door was closing.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:43 am

Fluffy got to the engine room and began installing the device all the while mumbling to herself. "That snake seems as trust as an Anairian viper. I'll need to do some research on her race." She then made her way to the bridge of her ship, sat in her chair and told the droids she had at the helm to activate the device and set a course for the felinite colony. She then got out a pad and started flipping through race files she had been gathering. "Ah here it is... This is nothing but a bunch of useless biology junk! No help at all." She then began humming a tune to herself.

(Obviously Zara doesn't know everything about felinites or she'd know that sociopathic or "rogue" felinites can't sense emotions.)
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:51 pm

Zara watched Fluffy quietly, and then made her first move. With her cloak on maximum power she stole up to what looked like the Felinite's equivalent of a utility belt, and selected a pouch on it. Inside went a small cylindrical object, small and easy to overlook, down to the bottom of the pouch. Zara cast a glance at Fluffy. Good, she hadn't noticed. She was too busy whistling. Zara retreated to the back of the ship, and waited for it to reach its destination.

Azra scratched his chin reflectively. "Well, if these Zartoids are as dangerous as you say, then we would definitely be wise to take your warning seriously. I'm sure the Markovan Empire will be thankful for this information."
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next