Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruthless Galaxy: The Mod *Undergoing Renovations*

+3
Zaroas
The Cunning Linguist
Luxembourgish
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ruthless Galaxy: The Mod *Undergoing Renovations* Empty Ruthless Galaxy: The Mod *Undergoing Renovations*

Post by Luxembourgish Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:18 pm

Stage: Planning II: Electric Boogaloo

Introduction:

After an evening of discussing the idea in the chatbox, I've decided that I'll make this thread, to enlist the help of whoever wants to. Why do I need help, you may ask? Well, my plan is to create a mod for Civilization V: Brave New World (Link for the lazy).  My plan is to add our civilizations - as much as I can fit in - as a bundle of mods for Civilization V.

You may be a little confused. I'll happily answer any questions that you have about my project so far. Of course, so far, my idea is little more than a, well, idea, but if everything works out, we may soon have a real mod in development.

Submitting a Civilization:

When you ask, I also need some information. Just the tiniest bit:

Civilization Name: (I feel that this is self-explanitory)
Leader Name: (I've realized that a lot of Empires here have more than one leader, or in some cases, no leader. If your empire has more than one/no leader, please choose the one that you feel is the most "important")
Demonym: (American, Arabian, Assyrian, you get the gist)
Civilization Colors: (Two of your Civ's national colors. If there are none, make some up)

A few more things to mention:

-If you want your Civilization added in the mod, just ask, and I'll see where it can fit in. If I don't get to developing it right away, don't worry; It'll eventually happen.

-I would also definitely appreciate some artists. If you're not an artist, don't worry. Just make your civilization's symbol in Microsoft Paint or something and give it to me. Again, if you have any questions regarding this, ask away.

-Eventually, when this is out of the planning stage, I'll need you again to give me more details about your race. Or, just give me the sheet, I don't care. As long as it gives me the info I need to make a proper mod (I'll tell you if it doesn't).

List of Civs being Added eventually:
For Reference:
Ryun-Wreae Federation led by Zaroas

Krathunian Covenant led by Theranis Ra'agus

Vrentus Collective led by Praedromus

Eldraunn Architects led by Wrenon

Xikarian Empire led by Zigwin
UA: Best in the Galaxy - Upon declaring friendship with an empire, the Xikarians and their new friend both get one more trade slot. This trade slot is lost when the friendship expires. Trade routes provide both the Xikarians and the other civilization with a unique resource, but only if a declaration of friendship is made between them.

UU: Flight Wing Trooper - Replaces Paratrooper. Similar to a mobile airplane (In that it doesn't need to be kept in a city or a carrier all the time), It has a "range" of 5. When promoted, the range can be expanded. When doing a ranged attack, the Flight Wing Trooper also takes damage, as if they were attacking a unit adjacent to them.

UU: Giantwalker(?) - Early unit that replaces knight(?). It doesn't require horses, and has extra attack and health at the cost of less speed. It is also very expensive to build.

Vil-Nolwikkan Greater Dominion led by Reskullus
UA: ???

UU: Dark Barbarian - Replaces XCOM Squad(?). Has one more movement, 50% more health than the XCOM squad, and extra attack. The downside is that it takes a ton of time to train.

UU: Mining Laser - Replaces Giant Death Robot(?). Is basically a ranged giant death robot, with practically no defense. If you want it to get close enough for it to demonstrate its true power, you must have guides.

Tsardom of Gyelidor led by Qerastviem I

Revolutionary Commonwealth led by Krakha Zhasav

Jorro'kil Free Absolute led by Xonoc
UA: Military Culture - Extra happiness for every military unit under Jorro'kil command.

UU: Main Battle Tank - Replaces Modern Armor with extra benefits including more health and strength at the cost of less movement.

UB: Jorro'kil Complex - Replaces Market. Gives extra gold, city health, production, and has slot for a great work of art.

Zraak Dominance led by Dreikra

Dranzoot Sovereignty led by Alyna

Lumeien Consulate led by Kaymar Blaven

Seytanbalik Empire led by Ukta Rashif

Democratic Republic of Safferia led by Charon

Everything here is subject to change.

Last edited by ThePrussianCompy on Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:08 pm; edited 45 times in total
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

http://pseudocompsognathus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Ruthless Galaxy: The Mod *Undergoing Renovations* Empty Re: Ruthless Galaxy: The Mod *Undergoing Renovations*

Post by The Cunning Linguist Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:20 pm

Aw man, sweet! I was thinking of a Civ IV mod of RG once, but didn't know if anyone would have wanted that, so it's cool that you laid the idea out. Though I could say, graphically Civ IV would be much easier, and with Final Frontier, there's already a framework...

I guess we could still work it up on Civ V though. I would think that something like this could only end up as a graphical mod, but it's nice to have someting with a little spice to it if we're playing together, and we could even rival EAW's Spring RTS project. It would be awesome though if someone knew how to exploit Spore's colladaexport feature, and knew how to replace the models in CiV. It is possible to do that on civ IV, so hopefully Civ V is just the same.

Last edited by KzhuRaptor on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Ruthless Galaxy: The Mod *Undergoing Renovations* Empty Re: Ruthless Galaxy: The Mod *Undergoing Renovations*

Post by Luxembourgish Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:29 pm

It certainly would be. Unfortunately, though, I don't have Civ IV, nor Final Frontier. Maybe in the future, I could get my hands on one of them and create a mod there. For now, though, I'm working on Civ V.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:34 pm

Final frontier is prepackaged with CIV BTS, but more people probably play Civ V these days, so let's go with that. Though I have to say, I enjoyed CIV more, but fricken Gajah Mada was too much for me not to buy BNW.

I'm certainly dedicated artist, but wait about a month for my computer to be here and ready. Problem though... modding might be a little harder than you think, so does anyone have any modding experience with Civ V? Even still, a lotta work, tech trees, unique units, different buildings, all the values... Of course, we're a team, so we can try.
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:46 pm

Huh, well, for some reason, I didn't get it. Maybe I do have it, and it's just lying in a pile of unused files somewhere.

Also, I have a bit of modding experience myself. However, I feel that it isn't gonna cut it. I was going to go to CivFanatics or somewhere else to possibly enlist the help of someone more experienced then me. I could at least ask how to make a proper civilization. However, I would also appreciate modders in Ruthless Galaxy, too, although I don't really know anyone else who even plays Civ V.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Awesome, you got a thread up for this. I suppose I'll go ahead and submit my stuff.

Please note that some of these civilizations are not ruled by a single person, but rather a group, and I will be selecting one to represent it.

Civilization Name: Ryun-Wreae Federation of the United Ieegan Systems, shortened to Ryun-Wreae Federation (RWF).
Leader Name: Grand Councilor Zaroas
Civilization Colors: Cyan and black

Civilization Name: Intragalactic Krathunian Covenant of Sethega, shortened to Krathunian Covenant (IKCS).
Leader Name: Sentinel Theranis Ra'agus
Civilization Colors: Red and grey

Civilization Name: Vrentus Collective
Leader Name: Praedromus
Civilization Colors: Gold and light green

Civilization Name: Eldraunn Architects
Leader Name: Originator Wrenon
Civilization Colors: Silver and blue

I play Civilization 5 but I do not have Brave New World. I could learn how to mod to help out.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:59 pm

Should we also include UUs (unique units) as well? I have two factions, of the same race. One's a bit of a spoiler though
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:03 pm

I was going to do that after I've collected the Civs, but you definitely can if you want.

Also, that's excellent, Zaroas! I'll add them to the OP. You certainly can help, once we're past the planning stage.

Last edited by ThePrussianCompy on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:48 pm

Hoo boy, that's a lot of work for me...
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:34 pm

For anyone who has suggestions: You can catch me in the chatbox, or PM them to me. You can also post them here, but I'd appreciate it if there wasn't a full-on discussion in here, possibly hiding new Civilization sheets.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:35 pm

I have a great idea for replacing the ideologies. Traditional political ideologies could replace social policies. For some reason I want to depict them as hands in different poses...

Unity (Replaces Freedom): Represents unity through diplomacy and scientific advancement. Diplo/Tech focus. Two raised hands held together (I could go for hands shaking, but it's not universal, is cliché, and isn't as friendly...)

Glory (Replaces Autocracy): Represents glory through cultural progress, economic prosperity, and sheer military might. Military/Culture focus. Raised fist

Enlightenment (Replaces Order): Represents religious and scientific enlightenment. Tech/Culture focus. Hand holding torch.
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:20 pm

Civilization Name: The Tsardom of Gyelidor
Demonym: Gyelidoran
Leader: Qerastviem I
National Colors (aren't there three?): Azure, White and Gold (see flag on sig)

If possible, custom voiceovers in Dzhorogef by me?

Civilization Name: The Commonwealth (a faction I'll introduce in the future)
Demonym: Commonwealth
Leader: Krakha Zhasav (Not exactly leader, but important figure)
National Colors: Dark Red and Red
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:36 pm

Thanks for the suggestions and the Civs, Raptor! To answer your questions:

-I guess you can chose three, I've seen it done before, but the Civilizations in the vanilla game only have two.

-Of course you can do custom voiceovers, but don't jump the gun just yet; I've heard it's pretty hard to do. However, if you're unable to do voiceovers for your leaders, there are other things that can use a voice talent.

Also, I edited the OP to add a Demonym section to the sheet. I'll let you off the hook, Zaroas, because I think I can find the demonyms for your civs. Of course, the Demonym isn't very important in the long run, but it's nice to know ahead of time.

Last edited by ThePrussianCompy on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:43 pm

So where are factions lé moi? Also, it's important since I used to think that Krathunians were cralled Krathun.

EDIT: Oh there they are. Also, the Gyelidoran blue is a bit... Off. Not too big of a deal, but it's an azure color, not teal.
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:50 pm

Okay, I think I got it. It maaaaayy still be some other color, but it's really hard to tell which shade of blue is which.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:58 pm

A little too dark, but good enough! Just something to differentiate the colors with (also add a highlight or something for more "camouflaged" colors)
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:10 pm

I don't have any of the Civ games... but I would definitely like to add my empire to this.

Civilization Name: Jorro'kil Free Absolute
Leader Name: Emperor Xonoc
Civilization Colors: Purple, silver.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Great, I'm glad to know that you're interested! I added the Jorro'kil to the OP!
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:59 am

Ugh...I changed ny mind, that color is just off, could you change it a sky blue sort of azure so don't get confused?
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:53 pm

'Kay, I've gotten impatient and created the unique units for the Xikarians and Vil-Nolwikkans. Of course, there's still a lot to think about, but it's not a bad thing to plan ahead.

The Xikarians:
Spice Trader (Replaces Caravan/Cargo Ship after entering the Information Era/Anything After that)
Flight Wing Troopers (Replaces Paratroopers)

The Vil-Nolwikkans:
Dark Barbarian (Replaces XCOM Squad)
Mining Laser (Replaces Giant Death Robot?)

I've got mine down. you guys can make your own in your own time, or you can ask me to do it (I'd like it if you surprised me, though). For those who don't play CiV, you don't need to do a ton of research and tell me which unit it replaces, nor what bonuses it gives. I can find a niche for it. If you don't want to make a unique unit, you can always make a building instead.

Also, I made it a little brighter, Raptor. I have trouble telling the differences between shades of blue, because they're really the same to me.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:49 pm

I have a feeling we'll need more than two unique units...

Oh, and also some national powers.

EDIT: Could you also change my second faction's name to "The Revolutionary Comminwealth"? It makes it sound less generic.
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:27 pm

I'll work on the unique abilities. also, I changed it to The Revolutionary Commonwealth.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:51 pm

Well, when you've figured it out, ask us, but don't pick the power yourself! Maybe ask us about an abstract characteristic of our nations/racial characteristics, then you could fill in the gaps. First though you have to find out about the workings of the code, read some tutorials etc. so we don't end up as worthless discussion.

Possible resources:
- Antimatter
- Helium-3 (for fusion)
- Adamantium (universal nane for Vayrmetal)
- Deuterium
- Superconductors
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:57 pm

Alright, then. Thanks, Raptor. I'll take all of your suggestions into account.

As for the Unique Ability, I think I'll work on those later. For those who are familiar with CiV, you can PM me information about your civ, or even create the UA yourself. For those who aren't, just PM me information about your Civ's culture, history... In fact, just PM me the sheet. I'll fill in the gaps, like Raptor said.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:44 pm

Bumping. Since nobody else seems interested, I'm going to move on to the next planning stage. Don't worry, <insert newcomer here>, I always accept new civilizations. It's never too late!

Aaaanywho, for those who are interested, it is now the time for more information. As in, the nation's symbols. Choose a symbol that you imagine is commonly used to represent your nation. Here are some examples:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The Civ V "flag" of Arabia. You can see it's origin; Arabia was, and still is, heavily Muslim, so the devs decided to use that.

The "flag" of Egypt, showing the Eye of Horus.

The flag of Rome.

The flag of America.

Etcetera. You get the gist. I'd appreciate some of you sending me the symbols of your civs. Don't worry, they don't have to be all polished and beautiful like the examples I gave. The least I want is something that took five minutes to make in Microsoft Paint. The bare minimum being a very detailed description of how you want it to look. Thanks!
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next