Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galaxy Map - Sector Map Finished!

+8
Luxembourgish
Whos
ViperaUnion
Vara Lord
Darkel
Sean1M
The Cunning Linguist
Zaroas
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Galaxy Map - Sector Map Finished! - Page 3 Empty Re: Galaxy Map - Sector Map Finished!

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:45 pm

A lot of my races are probably in the outermost 'wasteland' areas, if that's what the outer rings are. I always have a tendency to put my guys as far away from the center and as far into the middle of nowhere as possible. That's probably going to be the whole reason for why they were able to isolate themselves at all, since most people don't care to go out there...

...As for the Werean, I don't know if I want to put them on the map at all, partly because they're a race that will probably never become involved, and their cloaking technology is so advanced that it's impossible to actually find their stars and planets. I kind of might want to just keep their entire location a secret, just for the fun of having that oddball 'mystery race' that nobody can ever pin down.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Galaxy Map - Sector Map Finished! - Page 3 Empty Re: Galaxy Map - Sector Map Finished!

Post by Darkel Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:11 am

I think it would be more proper to locate every race, including the Werean. We can leave their location a secret in the story. But for our own convenience we need to have specific locations for everything.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:58 pm

Alright, then. It's just that I don't want people to be tempted to mess with them just because they're on the map.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:40 pm

Bump. Will be editing this OP. This project needs to be finished and finalized.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:46 pm

The lower left part of the map adjacent to the Central Sector should be known as the "Confederate" Sector.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:17 pm

Newest map update:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sectors are still being added. Please post some suggestions for names or PM me some. Try to style them kind of like these. Remember: the names have nothing to do with the empires or races located there.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alimnation Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:11 pm

Cardon, Tulaunt, Yorkon, Everant, and Zexidon. How are these suggestion?
Alimnation
Alimnation
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:42 am

Those are awesome. Will probably use those. Keep em coming guys. I've gotten some good ones lately.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sector map finished. I did this mostly without Zar's help due to him being unreachable. So he and I will probably discuss this and a change or two may occur in the future, but probably nothing big. Please post below which sector(s) your race is located, and where in that sector (describe the layout of the territory borders). Please remember that all of our empires are extremely small and should not take up an entire sector. Factions are different. But for now we will worry solely about the empire locations. Also, note that the further out from the core your empire is, the harder it will become for it to maintain itself.

The "Virgin District" is the zone of uncharted territories. Not many empires will lie out there so it will be hard for others to maintain themselves. This zone may be renamed in the future but that is it's title for now.

Also, a helpful tip: the closer your empire is to another greatly helps explain any wars and/or relations and interactions that occur between the two or more races.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alimnation Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:32 pm

Can the empire be split on the border of two different sectors or do you just want them in one?
Alimnation
Alimnation
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:33 pm

I'd say all but three of the UCN stars are all scattered within the middle part of the Faldesin district, primarily in the square that sits directly next to Hendrionna. The final three races reside in outer Faldesin, although they're very close to the original UCN. The Dram'knoll homeworld (Currently overrun by Nylggzora) is in the second innermost square of Hendrionna, directly next to the UCN worlds, possibly going slightly into Goluhene. The Svangar homeworld is in middle part of Goluhene, neighboring Zexidon, so it's somewhat further away.

The old Krylonian Empire (The one that is now destroyed) is in outermost Tulaunt, by a virgin district. The Kuanqunri (Arachnarche, formerly) live outer Zexidon, neighboring Goluhene.

For the purpose of the lore behind my races that I've mentioned to Zar and Dark, and because it makes sense to put them there, two extinct worlds reside in the Goluhene district, wedged between the squares occupied by the Svangar and Dram'knoll worlds.

The Werean race is in Lehomar, neighboring Tulaunt, but they won't really be of any importance, since they've cloaked all their worlds with dark matter. The location is mostly to explain where Ravage went to pick up Querois, and explain how she managed to wander so far away from the territory explored by the UCN.

Finally, the Nylggzora and the Chimerosu cult that worships them, they're somewhere in Goluhene (Hence why the Dram'knoll got invaded), that upper right corner by the virgin districts. Actually, they might be outside Goluhene, but very close to its borders. I don't want to give a perfect location, since I've got an RP idea, and I don't want them getting culled out or something before I get a chance to do it. Their location is an area where the amount of stars is extremely thin and sparse; it's very far between them.

and...I think that's it. It's a lot easier to determine locations by saying what square and district our race is in. I like this new map format. You can see where my races interact a lot with one another, since they all tend to occupy this one band. You can also see where at one point, the Chimerosu tended to lean towards establishing colonies far from where their homeworld was.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:42 pm

Territories can branch across multiple sectors. Just not like massively, or anything. We want the empires to be big enough to show their true power, but not so big that it's unrealistic or takes space away from areas that could be used by future members. Just find what works best.

Most factions will lie closer to Central and be a bit more condensed, however larger in size due to the plentiful amount of stars there. However I know the UFIAI is in the far south, and has a very long but thin chain.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:46 pm

My races never have much of a territory except when they're in an alliance form. You know, they're like, "Okay, we'll stay way out here in our little cluster."

I can't help but think that the reason they're out there, still, is because I always imagined that people would have this mentality of, "There's nothing interesting out there away from the core." My mentality is, "Because you never look at it, you're missing out on all this cool stuff."

Hence, Chimerosu have some really interesting planets, but had to go on this big adventure to figure out where everyone went.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:12 am

The Jorro'kil Free Absolute spreads from Revaut, through Pradum, just up to Olmeta, across the small, split 'third' arm of the galaxy.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomnator Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:48 am

The Xenoqqi Industrial Syndicate lies in the outermost section of Novus, bordering on the Aravat and Donnitola sector.

The Hithe's "homeworld" of Gorrleth can be found on the border of Kredash and Novus. However the Hithe themselves can be found dotted throughout the Novus, Kredash, Revaut and Pradum sectors.

Last edited by Randomnator on Mon May 02, 2016 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:36 am

Darkel wrote: However I know the UFIAI is in the far south, and has a very long but thin chain.

That's just what I told you I remembered, it may or may not be correct.

Anyhow, here are mine. I'll give context as to why they are... where they are.

To begin, the Eldraunn will inhabit the vast majority of the central sector, up until about halfway into the outer ring of star/dust there. This is because being in close proximity of the core is extremely dangerous, and only races that are sufficiently advanced (meaning the Eldraunn) will be able to survive there. It's also supposed to highlight the power of the Eldraunn, and a lot of our important plot stuff for upcoming Fatebreaker chapters/other things will rely on the Eldraunn having nigh complete control of the Central Sector.

The center of Novus is the location of Xarthon and the remnants of the Novus Alliance/Vrentus Collective, so Abarron's Reconstituted Vrentus Collective will inhabit that. The rest of the Vrentus territory, controlled by Praedromus, is in the northern part of Aravat. Originally, the Vrentus will have inhabited almost the entirety of Novus and Aravat, but because of being sent into hibernated and nearly destroyed by the Krathunians, there's a sizable gap between the two territories.

The RWF spreads from the bottom of the outer section of Yorkon to the top of the outer section of Altori, with Ieegar being essentially on the border of the two. This highlights how the RWF have spread in a rather systematic fashion, almost with the shape of the galaxy in mind.

The Krathunian Old Worlds are essentially the lower half of Olmeta, spreading into a bit of the top half of Enkanto and the bottom of Vorim. They're close to the Jorro'kil, given their relationship. Meanwhile, the New Worlds lie in the bottom half of Faldesin, going a little bit into Saborix. All of these territories show where the Confederacy is mostly located, and additionally how the Krathunians had to go a ways away to escape the Old Worlds and where I'm pretty sure Kradus and the Dominion are.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:27 pm

Now...is there a way for us to mark everything on the map? I'm trying to keep track of where everything is, but it's actually really hard. It looks like the UCN is close neighbors with Krathunians, though, if I have to figure out who's closest to my races.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:15 pm

I am going to take time once everyone has submitted their locations to carefully add each territory into the map. I'll do this by starting with a fresh galaxy image and then outlining where the sectors are so they're at least visible border-wise. Then I will mark where each race territory is. I will also make another one for factions after this.

Btw for the Dominion locations. Previously Zar and I assumed they were in the east but with this update they'll probably be more southern pointing. Stretching from northern Olmeta, Yorkon, and Vorim should be a collection of Dominion empires. Mainly Zraak. Vaurik colonies are spread amidst, but the crux of their empire lies more in Donnatola.

The Loccalian worlds, during the first reign, took up about a fourth of the galaxy and are spread out literally all around. However those are all mainly destroyed, abandoned, or just no longer usable. The new awakened ones lie in Sidaun's center as well as the part of Isvulta facing Central.

The Karthla are spread all over. I don't think we need to even label them really. Since they're really just all around feeding off of everyone and are not an empire or state. I think we may just highlight a few places that are particularly thick with them, which would be in the outermost points of Beonorion, and Revaut. The rest of their thick nests are probably in the Virgin District. There may be some noteworthy clusters in Hedrionna. But ultimately I will only pinpoint these. They won't be considered territories, but merely "zones" that are considered extremely unsafe.

Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:16 pm

The Dominion being in the east makes more sense in terms of lore, but... I guess message me on Steam lol
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:23 pm

Alright. Hopefully I'll get to tonight. I would think they'd be in the east as well considering they were the primary faction of the Galaxy for some time and would've taken to areas with tightly packed stars, which is perfect in that area nearest Central in the east. Perhaps Aravat could be the crux of it then, with leaks out to Tulaunt and Sidaun. That would make their territory very close with Loccalians, especially since many colonies of the Dominion stem from worlds that were once Loccalian owned.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:03 pm

A bit late to the party, but here goes it.

The Vil-Nolwikkans and their vassal states are located almost entirely within Kredash, on the side closer to the central sector. Some Vil-Nolwikkan worlds reach a little bit into the upper half of Revaut.

The Xikarian Amalgamate is located in the left half of Vorim and the right half of Pradum, with almost all of their territory located in the relatively empty area between two of the arms.

Also, I've found some words that would be useful when determining coordinates in Ravena. I'm not the one who came up with these.

Coreward: Moving toward the core, or the Central Sector
Aftward: Moving towards the very edge of the Virgin Sector.
Spinward: Moving clockwise with the galaxy.
Trailing: Moving clockwise, against the galaxy's spin.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

http://pseudocompsognathus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:59 pm

Alright. I've got these places marked. Although it may be a few days before I get the finalized map out. All we need now is Vara to submit his. Curius too actually. I think that's it. Am I missing anybody?
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alimnation Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:02 pm

The Xlivien Federation is on the borders of Yorkon and Olmeta with most of the Federation being held on the edge closer to Enkanto than the Central Sector. ((P.s. You for got me Darkel ;D))
Alimnation
Alimnation
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Mon May 02, 2016 11:11 am

Anyone who hasn't submitted their race locations, please do so as soon as possible so that we can move on.

Thank you.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Tue May 03, 2016 4:28 pm

This is definitely going to require some thought.

RESERVED
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next