Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Many Minds of Ravena

+3
Vara Lord
Darkel
Luxembourgish
7 posters

Go down

The Many Minds of Ravena Empty The Many Minds of Ravena

Post by Luxembourgish Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:30 pm

I've had the idea of creating this thread in my mind for a while now: How does you character see the galaxy?

Let's create a demonstration by "Evilman."

"Ravena is a bad place! Lives are worthless! The only thing that matters is when I get to the galactic core to blow it up! Evil laugh!"

Though, I'd like it to be a paragraph or two. Basically, post (in first person) about what Ravena is to your character(s). Is it hopeless? Is it a fascinating subject to research? Is it a place that needs cleansing? Is it completely inhabitable in your point of view? Is it the promised land? I'm pretty interested!

Of course, I'll answer anything that needs to be specified.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

http://pseudocompsognathus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

The Many Minds of Ravena Empty Re: The Many Minds of Ravena

Post by Darkel Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:45 pm

Kradus
Ravena is simply a galaxy of beauty. But that beauty comes at a cost. That beauty can only be seen by those who are worthy to perceive it. It is, undeniably, a galaxy worth conquering. Worth my time and effort, as a being of high power. I, Kradus, shall keep Ravena clean. I shall wipe the scum from it. That may mean dominance, and that isn't always a bad thing. I will outlast all of the empires to come, my dominance assuring that none shall rise higher than me. If you want dominance, you have to instill fear. If you want to instill fear, you should be ready to get your hands dirty. Be ready to get your hands bloody. There will be days you must commit such foul deeds, deeds done in the dark. But that isn't always a bad thing. For the longer you live, the stronger you become. But to live forever, like I, is a completely different question.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:29 pm

Jiiran
The galaxy is a threat to me. Everything living thing, every form of life, is my enemy. I see it clearly; all living things look at me with the desire to destroy me or use me in some way. I cannot allow them that chance. I must strike first. I must beat them to the punch. If I do not, then I shall surely be destroyed sooner or later. The galaxy must burn. It must be purged of everything that lives. Only then will I be safe.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:08 pm

Praedromus
There comes a time when all civilizations must fall. This process occurs naturally, and for a variety of reasons, though it will occur. During and prior to their collapse these civilizations are known to be hegemonic, causing the suffering of all those below them. I accelerate this destruction to bring freedom and hope to the lesser races, and to preserve the inherently peaceful state of the galaxy. However, there is a way to evade this cycle, as I have, in order to bring it about. In time, the rest of the galaxy will see that my way, to be immortal, to be eternal peacekeepers of this galaxy, is the only way to survive.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:28 pm

Reskullus
I often think about the origin of life. How did we come to be? Our top Nolwikkan scientists suspect the natural process of evolution. It seems simple, and easy to accept for some. It's simply another exclamation for our origins. However, it began to worry me. Why did we evolve? Is there a reason?

Is there truly a reason?

Ultimately, there is no such thing as cause. Nothing matters. We are all a bundle of useless atoms, "living" in a reasonless universe. So, why waste our time doing continuously useless things? Of course, being at peace is useless, but it's better than constantly fighting and being in pain. It's better to be in peace. However, there seems to be a rule in Ravena... It seems as if peace will never come naturally. We need to work for it. Sometimes, this means all of Ravena being under the control of the Terminus Pact, stopping practically all wars. It's effective, so why not try it? Peace will only come through the rule of a... superior being. I cannot trust people to stay constant themselves.

Of course, anyone trying to stop this peace will have to be eliminated. I've reasoned that peace can only be through violence, when everyone's learned their lesson. Those who don't... Well, they're useless in our new Utopian society...
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

http://pseudocompsognathus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomnator Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:40 am

Braaj K'iirdax

"Ravena is a horrible place, littered with war and death. It is filled with monstrosities that seek to topple and consume one another so that they can bask in their own self-centred glory. Others of my kind may think they have a chance against these giants, confident that they can latch on and eventually rise to the top. Only I know that path only leads to treachery and bloodshed, even my sister is blind to how the Xenoqqi's lust for power will be our downfall in this cruel place".

"This is why I run and carry my shame with me. This galaxy is a warmachine. My only hope is that I can hide long enough to pass unnoticed".

...wow this is dark
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:47 pm

The One Who Watches and Waits

"Ravena is beautiful, more than anyone can know. It is one vast work of art, and yet is but a small section, a thread in the miraculous tapestry that is the universe. Ravena is one chord in the ongoing and everlasting song to the One above all. This doesn't diminish its glory, though, but should only serve as a lesson of humility to us all."

"Too many use Ravena for evil purposes, seeing nothing but their own greed and desires. This is a sadness, for Ravena ought to be used for good. Such is the call of all living things to seek the good of others, and Ravena gives ample means for just that. However, there are those who look on it only as a chance for gain for themselves. This is wrong, and must be righted. However, war must not be an option until all else other options have been exhausted, for war itself is a sadness. If it is possible, let's instead seek to gain necessary peace through kindness and the passing on of wisdom."
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:47 am

Fluffy

"Ravena is just your average everyday insignificant backwater galaxy. It is full of thugs, morons and ego freaks. My time here has been barely memorable. At first I thought a place so primitive like this would be easy to exploit but even that hasn't gone as planned. This place is stupid and dull."

"When I look at the races of this galaxy and my opinions of them grow lower with every observation. A bunch of lizards that make Istrora Slugs look like masters of manipulation, a bunch of avian freaks that can't even fly, a race of aliens with mouths so large its just ridiculous and so many others that just add insult to the injury that is this pathetic speck."
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:34 pm

Originator Wrenon

What is the purpose of life? Some say it exists by chance, countless variables determining its presence. However, life has reason behind it. It is not by chance that we have been born with the gift of an infinite universe, full of resources and opportunity at our disposal. We may use these to quench the thirst of simple survival, or we may take advantage of it to fulfill our limitless potential.

It is the objective of all life to use the universe for these purposes. However, not all life is created equally. A single cellular organism will not be able to utilize its environment to live and to thrive to the same extent that a complex, multicellular organism will be able to. We, the Eldraunn are the superior life in the vast majority of cases, with few having the ability to equal us. Though this affirmation may be inevitably biased, it is the truth. We are known by the title of Architects because we were endowed with traits and abilities that bestow upon us the capacity to manipulate and even control our universe to a far greater extent than other intelligent life. This, however is not a gift, but a heavy burden, one that we carry with pride and a purpose - to allow ourselves to prosper and advance, and to mold a universe that inherently benefits all life rather than appearing to fight it.

All of us have a role to play, our own individual purpose. As the Originator of one of the expansion subdivisions of the Eldraunnian empire, mine is to oversee and lead the enlargement of our reach and allow for our civilization to grow. The galaxy of Ravena is one of many nearby entities that we seek to spread our influence into. This galaxy in particular must be treated with care. It's native life is not docile and subservient. They are violent, erratic, and tend to be difficult to properly manipulate. The past attempt of the proliferation of our empire within Ravena was bittersweet - it failed in it's ultimate purpose because those who came long before me were naive and hasty. However, not all was in vain. Our legacy remains and has had immense influence over events occurring in this galaxy, and we hold a more distinct advantage over the life that has replaced our old enemies since the attempted invasion.

My goal is to control Ravena in order to serve the ultimate purpose of the Architects. I intend to succeed, and use everything at my disposal to accomplish this. Mercy shall be bestowed upon none, and I will stop at nothing. Should I be unsuccessful, I will have dishonored my ancestors, defiled the holy position of Originator, and my purpose within my life will have been a failure.

This will not happen.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomnator Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:57 pm

Warlord 17

What? This place is called a Ravena? Eh, as long as there's stuff to rob and chumps to run over, chop up or shoot to bits me and the boys don't care about nothin'.

Whatcha looking at? I got nothin' else, now stop pesterin' me or I'll have that head on a spike ya git.
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:30 pm

Ravage

Ravena is a work of the Creator that in appearance seems beautiful, and while the system in place is efficient in design, those who are dealt a bad hand by fate only see the underlying ugliness and cruelty. The galaxy, with its drifting stars floating in a void, might seem serene, but the truth is that it is constantly in a state of turmoil. It is almost impossible for two different alien species to truly see eye to eye, if it is ever possible. Therefore, tragedy seems to always occur whenever two empires meet. One is always determined to assert its dominance over the other and control it, as though the Creator gave them such a right. Next, the war or rebellion, and either the rebels succeed or fail. Those who succeed enslave or obliterate their former captors in an act of revenge or justice. Those who fail weep and gnash their beaks until cracks appear in the bone.

The refugees that never took sides are set adrift among the stars, looking for a place, but never truly finding one. They are rejected or discriminated against for their differences, as though being punished for their indecisiveness. By the time they find any sort of bearing, they are half-mad with despair and grief, or consumed with a deep well of rage, concealed by an iron curtain that the innocent cannot see past. Nothing quells the anger: it continues to burn, eating at the heart and soul until the poor wanderer is rendered a cold shell of their former self, never to be returned to its former state. Others may try to put it back together, but in the end, cracks and flaws remain: it will never be perfect again. Others might be too tired to hear the wanderer's story, or perhaps they think it is not as bad as they claim, but how right are they, when they have never suffered so much pain and agony?

In Ravena, it is one against another, hounds eating other hounds. You must rip out your foe's throat first, because he is waiting for the opportunity to do the same thing to you. Do not play the innocent livestock that walk right into the wild predator's trap. Do not let yourself be a dumb, idiotic thing that has less value than a hunk of trash floating in space. All you will do is get in someone's way, and they might just toss you into the sun if you make too much trouble. If you become involved, make a difference, and avoid becoming idiotic fools, as my people were, in thinking that they would be left alone, were they to ally with the Jorro'kil. If you become involved in a true alliance, there is no such thing as not being tossed into the fray with allies at war.

I will not let my people die out a second time, and if there are other Krylonians drifting in the galaxy, whether in spaceships, or in some secret colony, I will find them. I will take matters into my own hands, if I must. I will bide my time, but I plan to persuade the UCN leaders to militarize so that they may defend themselves. They loathe weaponry, but peaceful people with home worlds with healthy biospheres and a rich supply of resources, as the Chimerosu often have, are like fattened livestock that enemies cannot wait to slaughter for their own personal gain. As for anyone who tries to hurt my people, I will personally..deal with them...
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:23 pm

I think this deserves a reinstallation.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down