Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lí Denba úi Vara

Go down

Lí Denba úi Vara Empty Lí Denba úi Vara

Post by Vara Lord Wed May 13, 2015 10:58 am

How long have I been here? Days? Weeks? Years? I don't remember anymore. I lost track of time long ago. In this darkness, night and day are all one. I suppose I might go to the surface to see if it is day out and get some sense of how long its been. But I dare not. I have not seen or heard anything from above for a long time. That might very well indicate that it is clear and that I can ascend. But I dare not. I am too much of a coward. I always have been. I never was a good disciple of the Vara like the rest of my race. Now it is too late. I have not seen or heard anything of either my own people or the Vara. I can only assume the worst.

How did it come to this? It is foolish of me to write such a question. I know how it came to this. I heard about the one known as the Great Mind, how his mind turned to blackness, and he turned on his own, performing atrocities that no other of his kind would have dreamed of committing. And so it has come to this.

I know what happened. I've seen things that I would never wish to speak of, if there was only someone here to speak to. But I can write it. I must write it, or it all may very well be forgotten, and I will go insane. I don't know if anyone will ever read this, if there will even be anyone left to read it. The things that have happened may well be the beginning of the end for all the galaxy. But I will write this down. Even if no one ever sees this, I must write what happened, how I came to be in hiding under what was once the great temple of Helibar Vereóca, with the sacred thing which I have so selfishly taken for my own use; how what was once a great and bountiful community was destroyed; how a race of teachers and missionaries, who might have achieved so much good, were stopped in their tracks by the corruption of one man.

This is the how the Vara fell.

Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down