Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Planet Destroyers OOC

2 posters

Go down

The Planet Destroyers OOC Empty The Planet Destroyers OOC

Post by Vara Lord Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:49 pm

"Help us!" came the call across the galaxy. It was a small world, barely having any space technology. And it was in a dire crisis.

"Can anyone hear us? Please, if there is any rational life out there with a shred of mercy, please help us!"

This is my first roleplay. A small planet has been infested with an unknown menace, the work of a mysterious race known as the Liirlith that I have alluded to in The Disruption. This time, they have created something truly frightening, enough to wipe out an entire world.

NOTE: No actual Liirlith will be appearing in this roleplay. I'm still debating whether I'm actually going to officially put them up for consideration or not. This roleplay deals with something they have made, and the effects that it has.

The usual rules apply here: no godmodding, metagaming, powergaming, etc. If you want to have someone from one of your empires participate, just leave a brief profile here, including their name, gender, occupation, and a brief history (I'm using KzhuRaptor's formula for this).

Name: Osmo Genther
Occupation: Biologist, specializes in species from other planets
History: Osmo Genther is a Humdar from Vathoris. He studied biology in several acclaimed university, and is widely recognized as one of the foremost authorities on the subject. He had a passion for traveling, so he decided to make alien species his specialty. His biggest inspiration came from the work of Denre Visma, a renowned Vatarri biologist who often studied other races, and has wrote several books, including on such obscure subjects as the late Chimerosu.

Name: Denvar Salis
History: Denvar was born to working class parents, and makes his living mainly in transporting people through space, and acting as a body guard. He learned a great deal of fighting skills from a former member of the Daro military, and can hold his own in a scrape. However, he can hasty and quick-tempered at times, and he is not particularly in the habit of thinking things through.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

The Planet Destroyers OOC Empty Re: The Planet Destroyers OOC

Post by Vara Lord Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:49 pm

Now open for posting.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:00 pm

Just a quick question, does this take place after the 10 year timeskip or the pending invasion of Vathoris, in between, or before?

I will likely participate but would like to use one of my own races, though if it takes place in an odd time for my empires to have been in contact with Vathoris I can just use something else, such as a Humdar.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:39 pm

Let's say this happens about a year after Vathoris is invaded. Fell perfectly free to use your own race.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:05 am

Sounds good.

Name: Werinar
History: Werinar was a Ryun born in the Ryun-Wreae border colonies to two researchers studying the planet they inhabited. His father died in an accident with the local wildlife when Werinar was at a young age. His mother, unable to care for her child while studying important data for the Federation, had him move to Ieegar to be raised with a Wreae caretaker and a holographic respresentation of herself when necessary. He quickly excelled in sciences and engineering, and aspired to create new ship designs for the Federation, as well as improve Wreae AI. Currently he is researching alien technology in an effort to help the Federation improve their systems and technology, and that of aliens. Werinar is a very logical being, having been raied mostly by a machine, and as a result can be ruthless. However, he does what is best for those around him.

Would my character be in this same squad as the others, or would they meet in the wasteland? If they're already together I could have Werinar studying Vathoris technology and that of this new planet, with the possibility of whatever caused the catastrophe.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:11 am

This is fine character. I think they should meet out in the wasteland. We can say that both picked up the distress signal from the planet and came to investigate.

By the way, would it be a violation of RG policy (so to speak) to have some of the inhabitants of the planet still alive? After all, they are not an official race or anything. I was thinking there would be some members who are suspicious and distrusting of the aliens that come to investigate, while others would be more open-minded.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:17 am

No, that's fine. Due to the circumstances it wouldn't be necessary to make a sheet, though. It would actually make it more interesting to have some inhabitants alive.

I'll have Werinar meet them in the wasteland soon, just really tired atm.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down