Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empty OOC

5 posters

Go down

Empty OOC  Empty Empty OOC

Post by Whos Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:08 pm

This OOC is empty thus far, but should soon be populated with ideas. Begin.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Empty OOC  Empty Re: Empty OOC

Post by curius Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:32 pm

So, to summarize chatbox:

My new empire of several feudal houses more-or-less united under monarchy finds an ancient precursor artifact that is capable of waking a star-eating god-like creature. Power-struggle ensues, other empires get involved, battles, intrigue, ninjas, dragons ect.

Relic gets used, the users first in control, but as the creature consumes stars it gets stronger and escapes from control.
curius
curius
Honorary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:42 pm

I like it. Keep adding things here, Shadow/curius/Vipera/Prussian/myself.

EDIT: Literally anyone else is invited to contribute, if they wish.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:21 am

I like it. I like the concept of the power struggle and such though. What other details have you guys come up with? And I wasn't there for this. Is this a new RP that curius is making or is this a collaboration of some sort?
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:48 am

Darkel wrote:I like it. I like the concept of the power struggle and such though. What other details have you guys come up with? And I wasn't there for this. Is this a new RP that curius is making or is this a collaboration of some sort?

It's a collaboration that curius is in charge of. It's meant to help introduce Shadow's race.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowBroker Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:00 am

I had the idea of the Space Dragon, Curius just gave it a more... "delicate" name.

Another idea is that the beast doesn't lose control when it eats, on the contrary. When it's hunger is ease it can be under control, otherwise it doesn't make much sense. Unless we say that the more it eats the more power it gains AND that this creature has a motivation greater than just eating the whole galaxy, if not, it is a less sensitive creature, bigger in size.

My theory is based by the example of the dogs. If you don't feed them, it will go against it's masters / owners. But if you feed this big dog dragon-like creature, it will understand that you are guiding it for it's new feast.

This temporary alliance between the user and the beast last as long as the illusion of power and control does... and it's own huger is, most likely, the main problem of both.

Another thing is that it may need to be feed pretty quickly, so the time for controlling it is brief and even less if the creature is, already, near a star.

This relic could have been (and here I am just throwing ideas like a maniac, so pardon me) an old former project / weapon to end an old war between two factions that could have fought long time ago and this was like a "Last resource" weapon.

ShadowBroker
ShadowBroker
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:03 am

So uh, yeah, discussions...
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by curius Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:08 pm

So, lets say one of the Noble houses finds the device and manage to activate it. They summon the star eater, which is intelligent. It introduces itself like a civil and well behaved weapon of mass destruction. The nobles see their chance to grab more power on the monarchy and set some feuds straight. They threaten their enemy noble house, knowing they won't accept their demands, and release the dragon on them. This celestial-class destruction is detected across half the galaxy.

A small scale war breaks out between the houses allying against the weapon and those deciding to side with the new power. Some houses, including the royal forces, decide to not take a part. Dragon is used couple times again.

Now the dragon starts to get more independent, giving subtle suggestions to its "owners", yearning more destruction and stars to feed on. As it eats, its power grows and it becomes more and more aware that its new masters are not nearly as powerful as its original ones.

Royal house is worried about the war and the new weapon and dispatches a strategic fleet to try and solve the war, one way or another. Soon the users of the star eater dragon also start to grow nervous about the creature, noticing its manipulation and growing hunger. They decide to not use it again, trusting that they can already win the war with their conventional power.

They could be right, but the Dragon starts to notice it is being ignored. Now, instead of the Nobles contacting the star eater, it contacts them. It demands orders, promising swift victory and ultimate power. Seeing their fears come true, the masters decline. Dragon gets angry, now threatening the Nobles. It tells how insignificant they are and and how powerful it is. The Nobles have been researching the Precursor Device, and try to use their knowledge to reverse the effect that awakened the Dragon.

They fail and the Dragon gets furious, escaping the device and leaving a trail of destruction.
curius
curius
Honorary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:44 pm

Uhhh are we calling it "the dragon"? Cause dragons originate from earth...
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by curius Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:34 am

Dragon appears in various myths all over world, its nature ranging from the european animal-monster to the asian intelligent god-like spirit serpent to the aztek serpent god to the bible's reference to satan. Overall it appears as a powerful and ancient being, often intelligent but alien and destructive. A being that has power to threaten a nation.

It also is a working title.

But how I see is that in this case the name dragon is a substitute word for a similar mythical being in the RG universe. Name dragon tells us that the chatacters in the fiction see the creature as and scary powerful god-like ancient being without us needing to know their personal mythos. It would also let me call the artifact "the egg".

But of course, this is collabration thread, so give suggestions.
curius
curius
Honorary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:26 am

What about "The Celestial Maw?"
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowBroker Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:28 pm

Not sure if "Celestial" is the perfect word to describe an ancient-star eater-hunger-for-power-etc
ShadowBroker
ShadowBroker
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:33 pm

I refer to the most modest definition of Celestial, simply "a celestial body," as this being is in space, and I assume it must rival the size of a star.

Also, keep in mind, ViperaUnion has a separate, planet-eating creature, so we have to be aware about keeping our star dragon different from her planet-devourer.

curius, how many races in addition to Shadow's and yours would you want to be in this roleplay?
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Canis_dirus Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:32 pm

I would definitely be interested in something in this, as well as a normal first contact with someone

Canis_dirus
Canis_dirus
Cadet

http://ancerious-galactic.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:29 pm

The chatbox is where most discussion is accomplished.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum