Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advertisement

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Advertisement Empty Advertisement

Post by Whos Sat May 18, 2013 11:40 am

It has come to my attention that with the Sporum down, Ruthless Galaxy would most likely benefit from another form of advertisement. A member has suggested that we create a page about RG on the SporeWiki, and also create Youtube videos advertising Ruthless Galaxy. While the former would be easy prey to vandalism, the latter has been wanted for some time, but not many of us seem to have a youtube account, or haven't been able to put together a video for RG. Still, both are rather simple and easy ways of advertisement, and I think it would help.

Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Advertisement Empty Re: Advertisement

Post by Vara Lord Sun May 19, 2013 8:57 am

I was just looking at another part of the forum and they were discussing making an animation as an intro for RG. One idea I got from this could be to each submit a bit of SporeCam video of our race and submit it to someone who could put it all together as one video.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Mon May 20, 2013 11:58 pm

I just made a promotional video for RG. Let me know what you think. If it offends and horrifies you, let me know and I'll pull it.

Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Tue May 21, 2013 12:46 am

tonysaur wrote:I just made a promotional video for RG. Let me know what you think. If it offends and horrifies you, let me know and I'll pull it.

I found that interesting. Never really thought of a Spore harlem shake, hehehe... But the "please join" sounded like you were begging for some reason, maybe drop the "please" so it's just "Join the fun!"
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Tue May 21, 2013 1:13 am

Thanks for the suggestion.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Wed May 29, 2013 12:14 am

Maybe we could set up a Facebook page.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Wed May 29, 2013 12:53 am

tonysaur wrote:Maybe we could set up a Facebook page.

You could, but there should still be Youtube videos posted up in there nonetheless. D'you think we could make a Ruthless Galaxy website for all of us? We could share videos we've made through Dropbox, this sort of free program that lets you share and backup files through the internet. I learned about it through DayZRP
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Wed May 29, 2013 8:56 am

I don't like the idea of Facebook. My entire family used to have Facebook, but there's no such thing as privacy or a filter on it, so we shut ours down after some guy tagged a photograph and it somehow wound up on my father's profile. It was a really nasty photo, too, and not good for my dad, because he has a reputation that could have been ruined by that person. People keep saying it's the safest online community in the world, but if you ask me, it's probably the worst when it comes to regulating who can and can't see the profile, and what people can put on other's profiles. While we want new members here, you don't want to attract the wrong people, which I think can be easily done through that particular social network.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Wed May 29, 2013 9:50 am

I'm in agreement with Vipera here, putting a ban on the facebook idea.

Now, Raptor, what exactly do you mean by a Ruthelss galaxy website? Just a place that advertises it? Or maybe a forum about this forum?

Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Wed May 29, 2013 10:05 am

I agree that Facebook is a rather bad idea. At the same time, YouTube may not that great if we go with the idea of using Spore creatures, simply because I feel that we should try to distance ourselves from it. We may be able to try DeviantArt, though there are some people that aren't fantastic for this kind of stuff ( A furry empire wouldn't be good). A website may or may not work, though it is certainly a possibility.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Wed May 29, 2013 10:48 am

Hm. I don't think we should abandon Spore entirely, though, it's our base for race sheet entries.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Wed May 29, 2013 1:15 pm

Not entirely, but I don't think it's a generally good idea to use it to advertise the club in videos. It should just be a tool to help us create our races, not what we rely on.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Wed May 29, 2013 3:22 pm

Whoah... Website? I meant Youtube account dangit! We already got this and the forum as our website! Serves me right for not paying attention... :p

Zaroas wrote:I agree that Facebook is a rather bad idea. At the same time, YouTube may not that great if we go with the idea of using Spore creatures, simply because I feel that we should try to distance ourselves from it. We may be able to try DeviantArt, though there are some people that aren't fantastic for this kind of stuff ( A furry empire wouldn't be good). A website may or may not work, though it is certainly a possibility.

I have a DeviantArt... And I may or may not be considered a furry due to the fact I like Sonic-style "mobians"... but I don't associate myself with being a furry; I think they're very different things (I criticize Archie's way of drawing characters for being furries). And I haven't uploaded anything in months. Gearax/HomicidalToaster has a Deviantart account... I propose going the Luminar way; making race profiles on youtube. I've even proposed asking him to join RG!
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Wed May 29, 2013 4:36 pm

I have asked him, but of course he's not active on Sporepedia anymore...
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Wed May 29, 2013 5:08 pm

Whoster wrote:I have asked him, but of course he's not active on Sporepedia anymore...

I've asked Gearax to ask him on Youtube
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Thu May 30, 2013 5:58 pm

For those looking for something more accessible, maybe we could continue developing the Ruthless Galaxy wikia page. I suggest re-posting it as an actual Fiction:Galaxy page; Sporewiki seems to have a pretty active roleplaying base, maybe we could attract some by posting a summarized version of important events in RG? On a different thread, Whoster suggested we call this place "Ravena"
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Fri May 31, 2013 8:20 am

I've kind of been misunderstood here. It wasn't my suggestion, and it wasn't really a suggestion either. Darkel said that the galaxy in which Ruthless Galaxy takes place in is called Ravena, and the name is not just what a certain race calls it but what it's called.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Fri May 31, 2013 3:04 pm

Whoster wrote:I've kind of been misunderstood here. It wasn't my suggestion, and it wasn't really a suggestion either. Darkel said that the galaxy in which Ruthless Galaxy takes place in is called Ravena, and the name is not just what a certain race calls it but what it's called.

Well then... Make it public! Maybe a post on our wiki and/or a thread here that says it should be called Ravena?
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Fri May 31, 2013 3:08 pm

I did. *facepalm* it was in the Sporum's recruitment office, nobody reads anything around here.....I'll put it in the wiki.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Fri May 31, 2013 5:07 pm

Whoster wrote:I did. *facepalm* it was in the Sporum's recruitment office, nobody reads anything around here.....I'll put it in the wiki.

I actually never saw it mentioned... :S

EDIT: A quick search using Ctrl-F actually says that it was never on the original thread.
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri May 31, 2013 6:09 pm

Well, on the lines of spore linked to advertizing, I agree that we should start to distance ourselves from using creations so heavily. I haven't played Spore in a long time, and I intend to start submitting my drawn images in place of creations. I can draw creatures better than I can when it comes to making them in the creator. Still working on spaceships, though, but creatures, I can design easily. I think people should be able to draw their creations, if they feel restricted by using just the game.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Fri May 31, 2013 10:09 pm

@Vipera: I see your point, but I think perhaps drawing AND making a creature of their race would also be good, for those who want to use them in adventures.

@Raptor: It's on the new thread, Darkel never bothered to put it on the old one.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:15 am

ViperaUnion wrote:Well, on the lines of spore linked to advertizing, I agree that we should start to distance ourselves from using creations so heavily. I haven't played Spore in a long time, and I intend to start submitting my drawn images in place of creations. I can draw creatures better than I can when it comes to making them in the creator. Still working on spaceships, though, but creatures, I can design easily. I think people should be able to draw their creations, if they feel restricted by using just the game.

Do BOTH! Smile I mean, look at my signature! Then look at my sporecast! Currently I'm making historical units for photographical purposes. I mean, this baby took me about three days to make, while most of my units took about half an hour or so.
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:26 am

You guys are still missing my main point. In order to do both, I'd have to make drawings based on a creation, not the other way around, because there are limits and things that would prevent me from drawing a creature first and then making it. Say I make a dragon-like creature with six legs and two pairs of wings, after the first pair of wings and six legs, it probably won't allow me to put in the second pair. As long as I make creations on spore, I am limited to the standards the video game put in place. Look at Ravage, I can't give her true metal claws on spore that are visible, but I could give her spikes running down her back, except she's too complex as a creation for the game to allow it, even though she's supposed to look that way.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:07 am

Ever consider mods? Or the freedom cheat and then just upload it to an image hosting site?
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum