Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advertisement

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Advertisement - Page 2 Empty Re: Advertisement

Post by ViperaUnion Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:24 am

It's not on my own personal computer, the one the game is on doesn't allow image hosting sites. It's a complicated situation, Whoster.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:44 am

I see.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:05 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:You guys are still missing my main point. In order to do both, I'd have to make drawings based on a creation, not the other way around, because there are limits and things that would prevent me from drawing a creature first and then making it. Say I make a dragon-like creature with six legs and two pairs of wings, after the first pair of wings and six legs, it probably won't allow me to put in the second pair. As long as I make creations on spore, I am limited to the standards the video game put in place. Look at Ravage, I can't give her true metal claws on spore that are visible, but I could give her spikes running down her back, except she's too complex as a creation for the game to allow it, even though she's supposed to look that way.

Before I made my spore creations, I drew them first Very Happy. In fact, I drew the concept for a Kzhudzho, then I made them in the creature stage (which would limit the amount of parts I could use). The vehicles I made were also based off on drawings I made. I did this so my creations would look good. i.e. I made my spore creations based off on my drawings, then I drew based off on my spore creations.

So what would I suggest? You could
a. Simplify your concepts
b. Make the spore versions simplified versions of what you would draw

The neat thing about Spore is that it animates everything for you, so you can make videos and adventures.
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:27 pm

That's the thing, Raptor, at least for me. Spore is very simplified, which I feel limits creativity and realism as well. Sure, you can use the freedom cheat and upload t, but you're still limited to childish premade parts.

I feel like we should be distancing ourselves from Spore as a whole due to this, the community dying down, and more. We shouldn't use it as a crutch to help us get people to join, and to be honest it limits what you can do, especially in Vipera's case.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:39 pm

Hmm....you know what? I'm going to make a thread for debating the use of spore and drawn images, this thread is meant for advertising, but the debate of Spore and Images is big enough where it needs special recognition.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:59 pm

One thing though: Talking about drawing and making RG accessible is quite contradictive; Not everyone feels they can draw reasonably good. That's why there's spore; They can still funnel their creativity, even if they're not so good at drawing.
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Hm. Yeah, I kinda agree with KzhuRaptor.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:18 pm

You know what... what if we make Sporewiki our primary wiki and make the RG wiki a depository for everything uniquely RG? To be honest kinda a crack suggestion, but it could surely work. I can see that there is active fiction in Sporewiki, and we probably should tap into that.

Here's the link for dropbox: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:53 pm

No, why would we do that?
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cunning Linguist Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:11 am

Zaroas wrote:No, why would we do that?

Well, because there's a big RP community up there, so I dunno. Maybe if I made copies of all our wiki articles on the Sporewiki? We do have an article there, but it isn't really filled with much stuff. Maybe some of the veterans here could make a summary of Ravena's history.
The Cunning Linguist
The Cunning Linguist
Philosoraptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum