Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat! - We're all dead!

+20
The Stalker of Shadows
Technical Support
thecardiackidofDCVII
Sairei
Leonir
SpaceWalker
Luxembourgish
ViperaUnion
Whos
curius
Randomnator
Vara Lord
Darkel
Alimnation
Celo
The Cunning Linguist
Angelborn
Zaroas
Aphethelion
Sean1M
24 posters

Page 9 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 37  Next

Go down

General Chat! - We're all dead! - Page 9 Empty Re: General Chat! - We're all dead!

Post by Luxembourgish Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:57 pm

Speaking of music, I have some unfortunate news.

The famed Rickroll video (and many copies of it) has finally gotten a copyright claim, and due to YouTube's messed up system, it was automatically taken down.

Here's a video released by YouTube explaining this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

http://pseudocompsognathus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

General Chat! - We're all dead! - Page 9 Empty Re: General Chat! - We're all dead!

Post by Sean1M Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:33 pm

ThePrussianCompy wrote:Speaking of music, I have some unfortunate news.

The famed Rickroll video (and many copies of it) has finally gotten a copyright claim, and due to YouTube's messed up system, it was automatically taken down.

Here's a video released by YouTube explaining this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Poor Rickroll. Its the end of one of the internet's most well known and popular classic memes. Lol
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:06 am

Whoster wrote:Get that anime out of here. Ew! Ew!

Shuttup.

Death Note is awesome.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:16 am

It was enjoyable until they killed my favorite character. Then I just got bored.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:41 pm

I was never a big fan of anime until Glict introduced me to Death Note. I didn't really look into it until a year or two after he told me about it, but once I did, I was forever hooked on dark-themed anime.

I actually just have a few Death Note episode left to watch.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:55 pm

I watch a lot of anime from different genres, although I don't often talk about that hobby. They're just more entertaining than shows in America, they have more developed characters and interesting story lines. Sometimes there's certain things I could go without, but otherwise, the majority of shows I watch won't have anything horrible in them aside from perhaps blood and violence.

The first show I ever watched that got me interested in Japanese anime was the Fullmetal Alchemist. A friend recommended it.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:29 am

I enjoy Zoids: Chaotic Century.
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomnator Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:43 am

Well I've watched Code Geass, Attack on Titan, Gurren Lagann, Kill La Kill, Deadman Wonderland (what there was of it), Black Lagoon, Jormungand, Zoids and Digimon...all in half a year. Yeah I splurged.

I'm going to start watching Fullmetal Alchemist soon as well.
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Kill la Kill Very Happy
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:22 pm

I actually just started into anime, Death Note being my favorite and first one. I started into Darker than Black and Elfin Lied and will soon try out Soul Eater as well. They're extremely good in story and character quality. I wish I would have began earlier. Like you said, they're better than most American shows. In fact, most American shows couldn't be half a good.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:17 pm

American shows reflect society, and generally, so does Anime from Japan. The two societies aren't much different, it seems like, but the difference is that American shows have extremely poor writing. Japanese Anime had to be a good Manga comic before they could be made into a show.

I usually watch Anime that's filled with more light-hearted moments. One I originally watched but didn't get (English dubs tend to mess up a bunch), was One Piece, but that turned out to be a favorite of mine, eventually, since I started watching with subtitles. I mostly enjoy it because it has serious moments, but they always have a good brand of comedy to it. I was hooked when they introduced the main character. It was the most comedic way to have a person show up in a scene that I think I have ever witnessed. I like to laugh, and I have never laughed more than at some of the things that happen in the story. At the same time, the writing is really good, and the characters are all unique and well-developed.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:50 pm

ViperaUnion wrote:American shows reflect society, and generally, so does Anime from Japan. The two societies aren't much different, it seems like, but the difference is that American shows have extremely poor writing. Japanese Anime had to be a good Manga comic before they could be made into a show.

I usually watch Anime that's filled with more light-hearted moments. One I originally watched but didn't get (English dubs tend to mess up a bunch), was One Piece, but that turned out to be a favorite of mine, eventually, since I started watching with subtitles. I mostly enjoy it because it has serious moments, but they always have a good brand of comedy to it. I was hooked when they introduced the main character. It was the most comedic way to have a person show up in a scene that I think I have ever witnessed. I like to laugh, and I have never laughed more than at some of the things that happen in the story. At the same time, the writing is really good, and the characters are all unique and well-developed.

I've got to get around to watching One Piece again. I used to watch it on the TV but it didn't air for long in New Zealand.
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:55 pm

Just so Whoster knows, I got the survey PM. I probably wont answer right away, though. It will probably be a day or two.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomnator Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:22 am

Did my survey thingy. I think two of the answers were serious...and one I forgot about
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:08 am

Survey? Whatever that is, it's not moderator approved. I knew nothing about it and I'm sure neither did any of the other mods.

@Vipera: interesting. I haven't heard of One Piece. As always I'm interested in the darker ones. I've found several very gory, scary-themed animes which are all pretty good. I just watched the finale of Death Note and was pretty amazed. When I mention anime to others they're usually at best skeptical, but what people don't realize is how powerful some of the stories are, and how emotionally moving anime can be in certain cases.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomnator Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:50 am

One Piece is massive in Japan. It's part of the "Big 3" of anime, the other two being Naruto and Bleach. Those have pretty much finished/finishing manga-wise so the anime versions will end in a year or three. One Piece will just keep going like it always has.
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:56 am

Supposedly, the writer didn't actually intend for his story to contain any sort of heavy moral meanings in it, but it wound up that way. The story was powerful, though, because there was intense development in the characters, and there's also the fact that it was a huge game of cat and mouse. You always had two clever people trying to figure out how to outsmart one another.

In regards to One Piece, it didn't air for long in North America, either, that I can remember. Then again, I've learned that translating the language into English can negatively impact the writing in a story. I watch it on a free online site where it legally has the rights to air the shows it has. The only thing is that you have to watch commercials at regular breaks, and they only show Japanese with subtitles. It's nice, though, because it's free.

Anyway, Anime set aside, Whoster sent out the survey, and I answered the questions honestly. Either way, I didn't know it was going to be sent out, but since it was written by another mod, I didn't really feel bothered by it.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:53 am

It's okay Dark. I didn't include anything compromising. In fact, it's the same survey I'd been talking about for a while that both you and Zaroas gave your OKs to.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:00 pm

The reason I still watch it One Piece is because even when they throw in a filler arc, it's still well-written enough to almost seamlessly fit into the story, and the story itself is consistently interesting. The author of it is just one of the best I've seen. I got annoyed with Bleach and Naruto's anime because they either had too much of terrible filler arcs (Bleach, though somehow I watched the whole series) or they dragged on the story and they lost my interest (Naruto).

Also, again, if it can somehow get a rare combination of seriousness and comedy, I'll definitely watch it.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:59 pm

Interesting. I didn't know about One Piece before. I've heard about Bleach from Glict but never really looked into it. What's it like?
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:45 pm

Well, Bleach has a good story and the idea of it is really interesting. It starts off with a person who can see dead people, and he's generally nice to the spirits he sees. A lot more stuff happens, but if you want to start watching, I won't spoil it. I can just guarantee that the story does get dark, and it also does have a lot of fighting in it and supernatural powers.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:31 am

I'll have to check it out too, then. Sounds like my type thing. Lol at this rate I'll have fifty different series to watch at the same time.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomnator Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:02 am

I haven't watched Bleach but the monsters look pretty awesome. I'm considering watching it just for sketching inspiration.
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:04 am

I may start watching One Piece again.
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:49 am

A friend recommended Death Note to me, but I'm not sure about it. The animes I've watched recently have been Sword Art Online (both seasons), Kill la Kill, and Bleach...
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 37  Next