Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Disruption (OOC)

+11
Neurotic_Spoon
Heartless1962
Zaroas
curius
God-mod
The Stalker of Shadows
Luxembourgish
Scrylonsis13
Whos
Sodbuster
Darkel
15 posters

Page 27 of 42 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Disruption (OOC) - Page 27 Empty Re: The Disruption (OOC)

Post by Vara Lord Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:29 pm

That's fine with me.

@ViperaUnion I'm not sure they will step out of the shadows at all, though I may have them merge with someone else.

Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now with a new villain. The locations are actually rather specific.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:39 pm

The fifth arm is like the danger zone of the galaxy, it was the Dominion in the past, now it's a graveyard filled with giant monster-bugs. It's kind of obvious because nobody claimed it.

Anyway, we have two options, Arachnarche encounter, or Chimerosu Outpost, pick one, because I am eager to introduce either the bugs for the first time, or yet another Chimerosu species that I think everybody will love.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:45 pm

I think what with all of the recent revelations and the Masquetilan fight, maybe we could slow the pace for a bit and do the Chimerosu outpost.

Also, I could see the Collective spreading dangerously quickly into the fifth arm and the void in the 2nd arm. They would have the ability to do so very rapidly, especially with their motives.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:53 pm

So, what does everyone think of Xerin's character development thus far? I'd appreciate some feedback so he doesn't become too much one way or the other.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:58 pm

He seems to be coming along, I'm afraid I can't really say much about him yet. I don't know him that well yet.

@Zaroas Who are the Vrentus Collective? Are they yours?
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:00 pm

Yes, the sheet is in the sticky of the Empire corner. I could pull it up if you'd like.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:08 pm

It says they rely on mechanical spheres and are also energy beings, they might not spread very well in the fifth arm, considering those are the two things that don't really do very well against Arachnarche.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:31 pm

That is true, though they may be able to find a place where the Aracharchne are less common.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:21 pm

Okay, so, read your post above, I do personally think that the RP is a little fast-paced, but it's difficult for me to really slow it down unless there's character interaction, and it's hard to write all those posts and control almost every single event, including minor ones, without speeding it up. I have several sub-plots that are non-violent and involve talking with people, and if you have your characters do them, it'll help me make events more spaced out, and slow down the overall pace of the story. I have several ideas for sub-plots (Any character can do these, it just takes them being a bit curious after overhearing something)

First, Corey mentioned the engine rooms supposedly being haunted, and that is actually something that's been a major problem on the ship the past few days, ever since they left Vathoris. The engineers hate going to work because a freaky glowing phantom keeps showing up, and the fact is that Svar, Xerin, and the other representatives (Minus those from Vathoris and Isbar) have not met Ambigon, so they wouldn't know him. People have generally forgotten that Ambigon is even on the ship, so if someone wants to investigate and find out the energy being was hiding out there, they can, just have your guy wander by the entrance to the lower engine room.

Second, people might talk about the creepy old lady down the hall, but commend her on her beautiful patterns and designs, as well as the fact that she made Ravage's saddle. If you want to meet the only Stagnumian on the ship aside from Kerr, and maybe have clothing that isn't related to armor made, that's where you would go.

Third, Shelby gets out of her pen and everyone has to go looking for the spider before something bad happens to her.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:50 pm

I'll probably have Svar go down to the engine room at some point, seeing as he's an engineer.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:39 am

Well, Isbar left and is heading to the engine rooms, so he's probably going to find out who the ghost is. You can always meet the creepy Stagnumian lady, her room is just down the hall where the character's rooms are, and I've been working on a good character for her, I'm eager for everyone to meet her.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:13 am

Nonetheless I'll still have Svar go down there soon.

I'm going to post soon about the Mondarians, tonysaur.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:35 pm

I've sent Aarin and Tevri down to meet the Stagnumian lady.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:31 pm

Well, for the record, Greta is ugly because she developed problems with her appearance as she got older, sometimes Chimerosu have a bit of a problem with their beaks and horns at an old age, she was actually really pretty about twenty years ago. Also, for the record, I imagine her workplace smells like sandalwood (For an example of a super-famous incense on Earth) and I imagine the tapestries and rugs being like examples of Persian rugs and other famous kinds of international fabrics. She's also a little bit Kung-Fu Panda inspired. If you watched the second movie, the Peacock Shen's robe was kind of what inspired her clothing, considering that silk and robes kind of just go together. She's also a bit inspired by the old witch hag, and the creepy gypsy lady that lives in a wagon out in the woods. I imagine her with a deeper voice, and a bit of a German accent.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:47 pm

So, Zar, how would you describe the Wrath's bridge? I imagine it being somewhat similar to Darth Vader's capital ship.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:27 pm

So, tried to get a little bit of character development in my latest post for my characters.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:23 pm

Sorry, was away for a bit.

For future reference, the bridge of the Wrath is a large, circular room. At the center of the room there is a slightly elevated area with a spherical basin at the center of it. This is where the hologram projector and COMM systems are. The hologram projects from the floor directly in front of whoever's standing there. Around this there are crew members sitting in chairs in front of consoles and large displays, both holographic and from screens, that go around the room. These screens show everything from status reports, fleet formations, etc. There's a very secure door to the back of all of this that leads to the rest of the ship. The room is typically made of dark, study metals with blue and white lighting.

EDIT: Just realized I've never actually stated Svar's rank. For future reference, he is a Commander.

Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by curius Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:41 pm

I'd like to ask about the khartla virus. I've understood that it turns the infected to khartla, but are those khartla at any rate sapient, or more like zombie beasts? Or something else?
curius
curius
Honorary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:46 pm

Karthla were generally an intelligent race, but have a language that is so difficult to understand that it can't be translated, it's too savage and such for a translator to properly convert it in any form or fashion. They also used weapons, but they were of an organic nature, not mechanical. I can't explain much because it's been awhile since the virus was ever really a problem, but the infected people don't become mindless zombies, they get turned into Karthla that are generally weaker than the pure-bred or cloned variants (Pure bred being the strongest, warped by virus being the weakest). They wouldn't likely retain memories of who they were, and they can't speak anything other than Karthla language. That being said, well...you get the idea. Weak Karthla aren't known for being smart, I don't think, though, so think of them as malicious and intelligent creatures, but generally not the smartest compared to others. Ugh...I wish Dark were here, it's hard to explain.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:50 pm

Actually, I recall him stating that Pure Karthla are intelligent, but infected races are little more than living husks, only showing any sign of coordination or purpose when a Karthla Commander is there to control them.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:58 pm

Well, it's been awhile, so I'm guessing it's mindless unless being told what to do. I wish our wiki still worked, but it doesn't.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:05 pm

Do you think that one of us could contact Dark to see if there's a back up of the Karthla Wiki so that we can put it in the Empire Corner thread?
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:07 pm

I heard in the chat on Roleplex that he no longer has a router and internet access for him is very limited. I doubt there would be a quick response.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:46 pm

That stinks, but patience is a part of it. His roleplaying posts are too infrequent for Ruthless Galaxy RP's, but on Roleplex, if you've read the Pride Days, I'm the only other person.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 42 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 42  Next