Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Disruption (OOC)

+11
Neurotic_Spoon
Heartless1962
Zaroas
curius
God-mod
The Stalker of Shadows
Luxembourgish
Scrylonsis13
Whos
Sodbuster
Darkel
15 posters

Page 33 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Disruption (OOC) - Page 33 Empty Re: The Disruption (OOC)

Post by Vara Lord Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:16 pm

@Darkel Two questions: Are Kradus' mutations Karthla in nature, and what is the one virus that kills Karthla?

When the battle comes between Kradus and Jiiran, I had the idea that Jiiran would try to lure Kradus into some chamber, and then flood it with said virus (Kradus would find some way out of that predicament, of course). Do you think that the virus could pose a danger to Kradus?
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:42 am

Kradus is technically only a replica of a Karthla. He is made from specially designed cells that are made to mimic the Karthla virus, yet these cells are not the virus itself. The virus would have destroyed his mind and turned him into a creature incapable of emotions, thoughts, or otherwise intelligence. Thus, they made a cell that gave him all of the powers of a Karthla, but not the mental effects. Eraak are also made of this type of cell, but Kradus has it far more intensified.

As of current, there is no known virus that can kill Karthlosis, simply because Karthlosis is such a dominant virus. There is also no known immune system that can stop it. There is however, a cure to the virus. But I'm still ironing out the details on that and will reveal it only later in the story.

So technically, Kradus isn't infected with the Karthla virus. He just has all of its abilities. Though Kradus also have many new abilities Karthla do not possess as of current.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:38 pm

Technically speaking, if Karthla are a kind of walking collection of virus, you could probably create an enzyme that denatures certain sequences in the DNA, rendering it useless for protein manufacture, and thus unable to function properly as a whole. As for immunity, it would likely do what certain viruses do in order to avoid detection by the immune system, creating a kind of shell out of the cell membrane of the previous host that makes immunity cells recognize the virus as a regular somatic cell.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:09 pm

Or it could simply destroy the immune system as a whole. Since no known immune system is strong enough to fight it off.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:18 pm

I think either this or the one above it could be Edacious' theme. Echoes of the Roman Ruins sounds kind of like what I have planned for his future, and Fight Club sounds similar to how he fights: fast-paced and getting the job done (e.g. knocking them unconscious). Of course, he only appeared, like, three times, but he'll eventually live up to these songs.

Which one's better?
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

http://pseudocompsognathus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:30 pm

If that were to happen, there's a chance that a secondary infection would kill the host before they turned completely into a Karthla, because that would leave the character with severe immune deficiency before transforming. There's also the fact that a virus out in the open is typically destroyed by things like UV exposure, or being denatured by certain chemicals. Any sort of thing over the capsid would probably protect it better.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:32 pm

...the virus is supposed to kill you. Then it reanimates you. Then the major transformations occur. After all, it is based a bit on classic zombie virus.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:04 pm

You could have said that earlier. At any rate, it probably infects all sorts of cells, anyway. I just tend to rattle off facts, I used to do it, then I stopped, I think it's starting to happen again, which means I'm reverting back to my old habits.

At any rate, on the Maozhu plot, when Ravage shows up, something's going to happen and she's going to get an injury, not severe, but not minor, either, and she's going to see that it doesn't close up like it normally would.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:07 pm

I've said that millions of times Vipera. I've always told you guys that it's based off zombie virus and kills stuff. It's been used in Apocalypse, which you were in.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:00 pm

That was awhile ago, Dark.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:14 pm

There are archives for a reason. Besides, how am I supposed to tell you something when I'm not even around? After Apocalypse came my inactivity. After my inactivity, I come back. Here we are.

Also, someone told me you made another character with the mutagen. I didn't see for myself because I'm such a lazy reader and personally have a lot on my plate at the moment, so I've really been only reading vital posts to the plots I'm involved in. Anyways, if this is true, I wish you would have talked it very with me first. As everyone is explaining to me Ravage's powers, it's beginning to sound less and less like Karthla. Now I know you've said bwfore it's not Karthlosis. And I don't exactly understand the whole enzym thing so I won't even ponder it or consider it until I've researched it on my own. But I seriously think side there IS some of the mutagen in there, Ravage should at least be a tiny bit more Karthla-like in nature.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:47 pm

Restriction enzymes vary in type, but what they basically do is they find a certain sequence in DNA, and just snip it, meaning they break it apart wherever they find the sequence they apply to. It's like cutting a piece of string, or something along those lines. Bacteria use it as a defense against viruses, but it's also used in genetic engineering. When the DNA is broken, the base pairs of DNA (C with G, and A with T), naturally want to re-bond with each other because they have opposite charges, and positive charges are naturally attracted to negative ones. All creatures use the same kind of DNA and base pairs, but with different sequences. In essence, it's highly-specific, meaning you could easily isolate just a single gene, and then insert it somewhere along a genetic code for a different creature to make recombinant DNA. The Karthla DNA inserted into the mutagen had highly specific functions, but behavioral oddities were overridden over time because only about 50% of behavior is determined by DNA, and that can change depending on various experiences in life. Ravage does generally have a more aggressive personality, due to a combination of factors. Mostly, though, the Karthla DNA she was given included whatever gene makes it possible for Karthla to be controlled (Though Ravage hasn't encountered a Karthla of the kind that can manipulate her, so this weakness is unknown), along with several others. This included the powerful immune system of a Karthla, which, due to not being pure Karthla, was weakened because of one sickness that Ravage was susceptible to, which left permanent effects.

Overall, Ravage was over-powered, so I've been altering her powers to make her more balanced, as well as unique, and the same will go for Blair, because he only had a very small amount of mutagen. The idea behind the mutagen was that it used some Karthla DNA, but was largely meant to be an unpredictable super-mutagen that weaponized already-present traits within the organism it was administered to. Think of it as war-evolution in a vial, because the idea was that if the organism were to go through years of war, and natural selection led to certain traits being desired, the resulting creature the mutagen made would be what would result from that selective advancement, although again, there are still many enhancements made.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Pronunciation Key

Jor-Oh-Kill

Nev-Are-Zee-An

You may ah, follow suit.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:55 pm

Ree-Un

Ree-Ay

Kra-Thoo-Nee-An

Ver-en-tus

El-Dra-Oon

Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:01 pm

Spee-row-man-dur (Spiromander)

Mow-zoo (Maozhu)

Sy-leks (Silex)

Pav-o-lite (Pavolite)

Thun-dar-e-an (Thundarian)

Vy-tis (Vitis)
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:06 pm

Zi-KAR-ee-an (Xikarian)

Nor-ee-us (Norcius)

Vil-nol-wik - (Vil-Nolwikkan)

Lan-ee-pus (Lanipus)

Kong - ah (Kongaa )
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:26 pm

I guess I might as well jump in on this:

Mon-DAR-ee-an (Mondarian)

Va-TAR-ee (Vatarri)

Mar-KO-van (Markovan)

HUM-dar (Humdar)

AN-deb-on (Andebon)

VEERK (Virc)

JEER-an (Jiiran, yeah, I know he isn't a race technically, but he's too important to leave out)

Incidentally, how did this get started?
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:35 pm

Whoster did it.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:16 am

Whoster always does it.

ZR-AY-K (Zraak)
KAR-TH-LUH (Karthla)
LEP-R-OWL (Leprol)
DRAN-Z-OOT (Dranzoot)
V-OUR-IK (Vaurik)
VAR-MOL (Varmal)
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:30 pm

I.. don't know how to respond to that.

Anyways, two things.

Vipera: Is it "Kim-Er-Oh-Sue" or "Chim(As in chimney)-Er-Oh-Sue?"

Prussian and Zar, since I'm doing the plot with Resara and the Vil-Nolwikkans several months ahead of when all the other plots are taking place, the Jorro'kil cannot fight the Vil-Nolwikkans at Dranus, if they're there or if they come, and they can't find out about their alliance with the Terminus Pact for several months into the plot following, say, the battle over Dranus.

It is a predicament..
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:05 pm

I thought it was KYE-MARE-OH-SOO. Since Chimera in mythology are pronounced KYE-MARE-UH
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:02 pm

@ Whoster: Oh, yeah. Nearly forgot about that.

You know, don't worry. The Vil-Nolwikkans can make an unwelcome appearance in a future battle.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:10 pm

I honestly think we should change it to be the current date. It really doesn't alter much, especially since Edacious is thinking about the Vrentus during the rooftop thing rather than the Terminus Pact as a whole, and it kind of screws up Dranus and the Krathunian world thing...
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:41 pm

Chimerosu is pronounced with a 'Chim' like in 'Chimney', and I never based them off Chimeras, so I didn't know that anyone had that misconception about the way their name is said. I do like that pronunciation better, though, I think.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:59 pm

I TOLD YOU BOTH

I KNEW IT
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 42 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 42  Next