Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruthless Galaxy: Divided Paths (OOC/Planning)

+11
Randomnator
Darkel
HRmatthew
Scrylonsis13
Celo
Alimnation
Luxembourgish
The Cunning Linguist
Sean1M
Zandoo
Zaroas
15 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Ruthless Galaxy: Divided Paths (OOC/Planning) - Page 14 Empty Re: Ruthless Galaxy: Divided Paths (OOC/Planning)

Post by Randomnator Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:40 pm

Here we go, got some characters here that'll turn up soon (pictures will be up sometime, just got assignments that take precedence):

Name: Ifka K'iirdax

Picture:

Description: Ifka is currently 30 years old and so is relatively young for someone of her station. At 6'3" she is slightly shorter than the average Xenoqqi, but makes up for this with her authoritative and fearful presence. Ifka can generally be seen in her pilot uniform with the exceptions of combat situations, where she wears standard Xenoqqi  Trooper gear but with an enlarged left shoulder guard.

Ifka suffers from temper swings and is therefore typically in a bad mood. As such, her crew members try to keep out of her way when she is in a particularly bad state (there is no hope for the unfortunate bugger who caused her anger though).

Ifka has a soft spot for her brother Braaj, although she doesn't show it much and will deny it if found out.

History: Ifka was born into the K'iirdax Family and quickly showed the aggressive personality that was prominent in the Family. However her parents were of a low stature amongst the Family Members and so she was seen as little more than a bargaining chip in the Xarl's eyes. As she came of unionable age, Ifka was quickly arranged to be bonded to a member of the Jassk Family (now subsumed) but the prospective suitor was killed in a Hithe attack before they even met.

After these events Ifka seemed to drop off the political and trade side of the Family, instead focusing on training in military camps amongst the Working Class soldiers. Quickly rising through the ranks she became renowned as an excellent strategist and fighter despite her anger issues.

Despite this prowess in combat, Ifka was still not very influential amongst the K'iirdax Family and it took a while for her to become the Lieutenant aboard the Forge Hulk Great Glutton. Despite relative smooth sailing, early into her line of duty the vessel lost its captain and 60% of hands to an attack by an unknown space predator. Eventually the beast was killed and Ifka was quickly promoted (being the next in line to command).

In a bit of controversy Ifka appointed her brother Braaj to the post of Chief Negotiator, despite his reputation as a coward and generally being inept.

Ifka currently carries out scouting and raid missions, patrolling the outer edges of K'iirdax territory while abducting small amounts of various uncivilised species for shipping back to the Foundry Worlds as slaves.

Other: For personal defense Ifka wields twin plasma pistols that are always seen strapped to her hips. Ifka also has a personal Havoc Battlesuit with a distinct black paintjob. Thanks to her military training efforts, Ifka can hold her own in melee combat unaided, although not for long. However assisted by her battlesuit she is a forced to be reckoned with.

NaMe: Braaj K'iirdax

Picture:

Description: Braaj is Ifka's younger brother, being 26 years of age. Outwardly Braaj is unassuming and fairly plain with no real unique features. Braaj is unnaturally timid for a member of the K'iirdax Family, which is renowned for its aggressiveness. Braaj therefore tends to stammer as well as recoil from any form of violence. Despite this shortcoming, Braaj will defend himself (rather ineptly) if backed into a corner.

History: Braaj was born when the K'iirdax Family began its first true expansion to become the third most influential of the Xenoqqi Industrial Syndicate. Braaj however, did not stand out from the other youngsters and lived out his childhood in their shadows.

Once of age, Braaj bounced from job to job, either being greatly inept or his stutter getting the better of him. After a couple of years he was deemed "Ha'bossk" (lit. Failure) and exiled from the Family by the Xarl. Fortunately Braaj was taken under the wing by his more successful sister Ifka, where she appointed him the chief negotiator of her Forge Hulk. Braaj currently performs this role to this day with varying amounts of success.

Other: Braaj is forced to carry a plasma pistol on him at all times for personal defence. He also generally carries a dataslate containing important information he tends to take notes of.

Name: Gorth

Picture:

Description: Gorth is 58 years old and so is suffering from mild arthritis. Because of this his stature is somewhat stooped and he tends to limp when moving at speed. Gorth wears typical Xenoqqi clothing with the addition of a tattered camo poncho that he obtained during his military duties. He also has a small scar running across his brow as well as numerous ones across his torso.

Gorth personality-wise is firm and unyielding thanks to his years as a soldier. While his dealings with his both his lessers and equals are curt and to the point, Gorth is polite and charismatic when speaking to those higher than him.

History: Gorth was inducted into the military at a young age, quickly rising to the rank of Field Commander but declining any further promotions (he preferred to stay close to the battle than stay in a safe ship in orbit). Gorth performed many duties during his time in the army, the most important being part of the personal guard of the then Xarl Horgashh of the Horgashh Family (now known as the Ohtanng Family).

Gorth was eventually retired and offered a post as a Slave Master (thanks to his great abilities in command) and currently fulfills his role upon Ifka's Forge Hulk Great Glutton.

Other: Gorth, as a Slave Master carries a energy whip as his only form of defense. Despite this Gorth is proficient with most weaponry and a skilled mech pilot thanks to his military service.
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Ruthless Galaxy: Divided Paths (OOC/Planning) - Page 14 Empty Re: Ruthless Galaxy: Divided Paths (OOC/Planning)

Post by Vara Lord Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:48 pm

I could have Haslin and Nira bump into them, I suppose.

@Sean1M The Liirlith are far from trivial; there's a great deal more going on behind them than you might think.

@Sean1M and @Whoster Anyhow, here's an idea: let's say a Jorro'kil vessel is taking Najii's body to another facility to get some real proper study of it, and that ship happens to pass somewhere where some Zartoids are hiding. The Zartoids attack the ship (which probably has a small crew), and take it over. Meanwhile, Fluffy is following, perhaps having heard that a Liirlith was being transported (or you can leave her out, your choice). Also, Zara had just beamed over from her own cloaked vessel that was following the Jorro'kil vessel, and when the Zartoids take over the ship, she decides to study them.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Alimnation Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:57 am

Alright Two new characters for future DP fun.
1. Character Name: Chief Ranger Xernious Armnax
2. Character/Empire Picture: pending
3. Character Description: Xernious is an average sized Xliveien wearing the standard ranger armor and cloak. Carrying a high powered sniper rifle and several rounds of different types of ammo ranging from armor piercing rounds to anti-Xarkes rounds. Xernious is a crack shot that marks every kill he makes on the butt of his rifle with a marker he keeps on him. Erasing it before every assignment.
4. Character History: Xernious grew up with his twin sister in a small farming town on the Xliveien home planet of Xion. From there he learned the basics of surviving the extreme dangers of the home world and how to become a crack shot. Throughout his basic training Xernious exceled as a ranger and became close friends to his bunk mates, Avlex and Vilnax. In his Terror of Xion he and his bunk mates saved several other recruits when they took down a Xarkes that was about to kill all of them.
After that Xernious stayed in the ranger class and rose through the ranks quickly. During the Ralcath war, Xernious served on Xion with his sister as field troopers. It was then that they bonded and created several tactics that made them really work together.
Now Xernious and his sister are being sent on an assignment to find the lost Lieutenant Avlex and to apprehend the merc Survivor for suspicion of helping a Confederate Extremist terrorist plot.
5. Other: Parallel, Xernious is Xalias twin brother.

1. Character Name: Sword Dancer Xalia Armnax
2. Character/Empire Picture: pending
3. Character Description: Xalia is a female Xliveien. She has a more lean and curved figure. Like all females the parts that would be a dark red on males is a light pink on females. She wears light body armor and carries two twin swords. She tends to be shy and quiet only breaking out of her shell when a duel starts. Xalia has a dream to become the greatest Xliveien swordsman but her dream is a far dream because the merc Survivor stands in her way.
4. Character History: Xalia grew up in a small farming town with her twin brother Xernious. While Xernious took up guns Xalia took up the sword. From a young age Xalia has had a dream of being the best Xliveien Swordsman. Every day she practiced starting with a single sword and soon moving to dual swords.
During her basic training Xalia was the top Warrior in her class and showed that exceptionally during her Terror of Xion. When the Ralcath War came she was assigned with her brother on Xion. There the two bonded and created tactics that revolved around both of them working together that made them a great special ops pair. Xalia believes that she is close to her dream today but she has one big obstacle in her way. The Merc Survivor. Now she is on a mission to apprehend him for suspected threats to future alien relations and to find her brother friend Avlex.
5. Other: Parallel, Xalia is Xerious’ twin sister.
Alimnation
Alimnation
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:44 pm

Vara Lord wrote:I could have Haslin and Nira bump into them, I suppose.

@Sean1M The Liirlith are far from trivial; there's a great deal more going on behind them than you might think.

@Sean1M and @Whoster Anyhow, here's an idea: let's say a Jorro'kil vessel is taking Najii's body to another facility to get some real proper study of it, and that ship happens to pass somewhere where some Zartoids are hiding. The Zartoids attack the ship (which probably has a small crew), and take it over. Meanwhile, Fluffy is following, perhaps having heard that a Liirlith was being transported (or you can leave her out, your choice). Also, Zara had just beamed over from her own cloaked vessel that was following the Jorro'kil vessel, and when the Zartoids take over the ship, she decides to study them.

That could work. Also the Zartoids see all life except themselves as trivial so don't take that personally.

@Whoster: And Whoster the Zartoids are not something you should take lightly. The Zartoids here may only be a small reconnaissance fleet but even that can be dangerous. Just one Zartoid can can be dangerous. They may not have poison or disguise programming but everything you say to them is uploaded to their backup clones. You kill one and that same one will come back with every memory, thought and even the same personality as its predecessor. Not only that but the can choose to suppress their ability to feel pain at any point so they can't be tortured. They can turn most interrogations to their advantage. And if they can't they commit suicide with a plasma pulse fail safe that pretty much fries everything leaving nothing salvageable. Anyone touching the Zartoid when they do this also gets caught in the pulse.
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:05 am

@Sean1M Perhaps you can get that started with a post of the Zartoids just having captured the Jorro'kil vessel?

@Whoster Gettrav is waiting for a response. He's patient, but watch out!
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:26 am

Vara Lord wrote:@Sean1M Perhaps you can get that started with a post of the Zartoids just having captured the Jorro'kil vessel?

That would seem a bit odd. How about the ship captures Fluffy first while at the same time unknown to both sides Zara sneaks on board the same ship to get the body and the Zartoids can come in later when the ship passes a nebula or something.
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:47 pm

@Sean1M That's not a bad idea, although we'll probably need Whoster to help us out.

What do you think, Whost'? Could you help us get this rolling with a few posts?
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:30 am

Yeah, I'll do my best, but I'm fighting a cold so I might not be very speedy..
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:30 pm

Whoster wrote:Yeah, I'll do my best, but I'm fighting a cold so I might not be very speedy..

I hope you get over that soon.

BTW why are there two report buttons on other's posts?
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:59 pm

I believe they have different functions.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomnator Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:15 pm

Ok, so I have my two initial posts and am working on a third, but I need someone for my ship to "appear" (as in emerge from a wormhole) in front of to start my part of the RP. Any takers?
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alimnation Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:17 pm

If my characters are Ok to whoster you could come out in front of their ship
Alimnation
Alimnation
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomnator Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:23 pm

Alright that seems fine if Whoster's ok with it. I'll just need some context with what's going on so I don't screw anything up.
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:38 pm

I'm fine with this scenario, though it would imply that a Xliveien ship had already tracked down and reached the Eternal Devotion, I suppose we can work with this. Would Avlex have some sort of chip inserted into his body, due to being a soldier? (Or whatever he is.)
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Alimnation Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:43 pm

His robotic sleeve has a tracking chip in it incase of it being stolen or lost. All Xliveiens are also implanted with a special chip that turns off when they die they do this because you know their home world is a deathtrap. But that is only used to make sure someone is dead.
Alimnation
Alimnation
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:15 pm

@Sean1M There's only one report button per post. It just looks like there is in the middle of the page. At the bottom, you can see that there is only one.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomnator Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:55 am

I can wait until the time is right. I had it in my head that wormhole FTL travel is very unreliable timewise (takes an unknown amount of time, might be hours, might be months but no coming out before you went in shenanigans) so the storyline can continue without me till I can enter again.
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Celo Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:09 pm

GAH I'M SO SO SO SO SO SORRY GUYS
I don't even know what made me "poof" from this thing for a while... maybe a combination of ACT preparation, school, DeviantArt peeps,and some family junk but I'm so sorry ;-;
I probably screwed up everything (Mostly for my character, though, lolXD) but... yeah
If I ever poof again
just have someone with a DA account log in and send a note that translates to, "Get your froggin crap together and post on this froggin site or else you will be disowned by all mankind, you derp!"
Yeah...
I'm sorry ;-;
Celo
Celo
Nova Frog Supreme

http://Celo99.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:15 pm

It's quite alright. I actually dread explanations; welcome back. If you read the last several posts in the IC, you should be good to go.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Celo Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:23 pm

Reading 'em right now, actually ^_^'
Celo
Celo
Nova Frog Supreme

http://Celo99.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:16 am

@Vara Lord and Whoster: Hey, considering what this sub-plot is turning into maybe it should be called something like "Crossfire"?
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:06 am

Nice idea.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:51 pm

EVERYONE'S WAITING ON YOU ZAROAS.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:37 pm

GUESS WHO'S BUSY
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:59 pm

Apologies for the delay in posting to all participants in the RPs. Things should pick up soon, and we thank everyone for their patience.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next