Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat! - We're all dead!

+20
The Stalker of Shadows
Technical Support
thecardiackidofDCVII
Sairei
Leonir
SpaceWalker
Luxembourgish
ViperaUnion
Whos
curius
Randomnator
Vara Lord
Darkel
Alimnation
Celo
The Cunning Linguist
Angelborn
Zaroas
Aphethelion
Sean1M
24 posters

Page 21 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 37  Next

Go down

General Chat! - We're all dead! - Page 21 Empty Re: General Chat! - We're all dead!

Post by Randomnator Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:36 pm

Meanwhile, in Australia...

I have a feeling today is something special, I can't quite put my finger on it though.
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

General Chat! - We're all dead! - Page 21 Empty Re: General Chat! - We're all dead!

Post by Vara Lord Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:28 pm

So I'm cleaning the kitchen, and I start thinking that I can here something. Investigating, I find that I am in fact hearing something, something that reminds me of the buzzing of a trapped insect. I finally discover the source of the sound . . . Mom's banana bread! No joke! Somebody play the Twilight Zone theme, please.

Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:59 am

My mother's sourdough bread tends to produce sounds like that, too. I think it might have something to deal with whether or not you put yeast in the bread to help it rise.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:22 am

Sometimes when I pour Pepsi into a cup it makes sounds.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:39 am

Sometimes before I eat beef it makes sounds.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

http://pseudocompsognathus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:11 am

That's just gross dude.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:16 pm

Oh you guys.

You all make sounds before I eat you.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:46 pm

I don't. I just sit quietly and wait in excitement.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:40 am

Hey, guys, I finally finished another drawing. It's up on DeviantArt.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:42 am

Awesome. I'll check it out when I get the time later.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonir Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:06 pm

After hearing a lot about this place, I finally decided to join. Is there anything I should know or threads I should read before I start posting?
Leonir
Leonir
New Being

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:04 am

Welcome to RG, Leonir! I'd recommend going to the story section to read the thread I was doing to recap everything that's happened in Chapter 2 so far, but I never finished it. You might try looking at the timeline just to gain a little perspective. You can find it in the Roleplay OOC Section.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:15 am

Leonir wrote:After hearing a lot about this place, I finally decided to join. Is there anything I should know or threads I should read before I start posting?

I'm so glad you decided to join, Leonir, welcome to RG!

Read all the threads in the staff section (there's just a couple). And reading a little not of the timeline might help you if you plan on RPing.

There's stickies scattered throughout that can help you. MOst are in the staff section though.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:30 am

Just letting everyone know, I am about to disappear for the rest of the week. Very busy and won't be online much if at all.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:05 pm

^ That was me last week, apologies. I'm back now, working on posts.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:24 pm

Welcome back lol.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:24 pm

Wow, haven't seen a post in weeks. I know many of you are very busy. This is an extremely busy time of year for everyone. But when any of you come online, however briefly, if you have the chance, could you all just post something? Even if it's just as miniscule as a "hi" it's good. I'd just like to see some fiber of activity. Just enough so that we don't just drop dead.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:07 am

same

(that's a dank meme for the uninitiated)
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:22 am

I mean to post stuff. I really do. I'm afraid I am lazy, though. I'll see what I can do about that.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:44 pm

...So...how has everyone been lately? Have things been going well with school or college? Any new friends or interesting stuff happening?
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:41 pm

College is done for me.

I'm trying to find a full-time job, and also write a book.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomnator Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:11 pm

Working through this post at snail's pace and slowly going crazy because of it. Possibly might come out the other end if I get bored of insanity
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:42 pm

Spent time trying to discover the meaning of life.

Decided that it was food.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:45 pm

The past two weeks have been pretty crazy. My mother got into a redecorating craze and all of the furniture in my room is different. I also recently developed a hobby for growing plants, so, little by little, it seems as though my living space is being swallowed up by a jungle. I also took up whittling wood, and have started working on my first carving, which I intend to use as a fancy trellis for one of my vines.

Also, wildlife encounters:

A garden spider has made her web so that it stretches across my window, so I get to watch her eat everything that flies into it at night because of the faint light coming from my room. On Saturday, she got hit by the sprinkler, and I thought she was upset, until I realized that she was drinking the droplets off her legs, almost like she was desperate for it. She must have been thirsty, though, because the weather was so dry that not even morning dew was appearing outside anymore. She probably wondered when she would ever get to drink water again. I named her Belle.

My parents finally trapped the skunk that sprayed our dog. Twice. Someone we knew wanted us to wait for him so that he could shoot the animal and take its pelt, but when a skunk dies, the muscle that keeps the oil glands from leaking relaxes, and the smell saturates the ground, and carries for a long distance. My parents took the animal into a field and successfully re-located it without being sprayed.

Three weeks after being sprayed, the dog still has a weird smell, like motor oil mixed with rotting garlic, and his muzzle is reddish-orange from the hydrogen peroxide mixture we used to get out the oil.

Our dog went insane at the back door the day after we released the skunk, and was so incredibly excited by what he saw that his entire body was shaking. A brown rabbit had wandered onto our porch and was staring at us through the window. It did not seem concerned by the barking canine behind the door, or by the people, and eventually hopped off. Wherever it went, we're not sure, except that it probably visits our yard on a regular basis.

While walking along the street at my college, I heard a crash next to me as I passed beneath a tree with low-hanging branches. I turned and noticed a tiny ball of wavy golden-brown fur, and wondered if it was a mouse, until I saw that the animal hanging from the tree had leathery brown appendages by its sides. A small bat had landed right next to me, and I worried that, if it flew around during the day, it might be rabid, even though bats with rabies are actually pretty uncommon. I ran away, and got over the encounter, after a day or two of paranoia regarding whether or not I needed to worry over the possibility of having been exposed.

We have a small chipmunk with reddish fur that we call Chippy, who has lived in our yard since he was abandoned by his mother as a baby. He sat on our back porch and cried for hours, but eventually, he grew up, and now he frequently steals sunflower seeds from our bird feeder. He buries them wherever he can hide a stash, sometimes in the planks throughout our wooden wind-breaking wall for the fire pit, although birds usually fly into them and eat said stash. The seeds Chippy buries usually grow into sunflowers, which, to our delight, attract honey bees more so than any other plant in our yard.

Chippy's burrow is beneath our work shed, where there is an obvious hollow spot in the floor. Any attempts to 'evict' Chippy result in a new tunnel being dug under the shed. It does not seem likely that we will ever be able to remove him from the yard, as he does not fall for the live traps we set for him.

...seems like some sort of fairy tale with all the animals, doesn't it?
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:06 pm

I just wish I was productive in my daily life.

Couldn't find a suitable emoticon, so I'll just post this one: terrified
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 37  Next