Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Collaboration Project - Work with Other Creators!

+4
Northe
Whos
Scrylonsis13
Darkel
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Collaboration Project - Work with Other Creators! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Collaboration Project - Work with Other Creators!

Post by Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:56 pm

Count me in m8. Anyone wanna do a race with me? I've got lots of good ideas.

Back to top Go down

The Collaboration Project - Work with Other Creators! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Collaboration Project - Work with Other Creators!

Post by Scrylonsis13 Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:39 pm

Hey y'all! I have had no time for spore this week. School has outranked it but now I'm back in the game. Groxlord, with our Collab race, I think we should both create a creature template for it and decide which one is better. Sound good to you?
Scrylonsis13
Scrylonsis13
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:41 pm

Hey Scry! Good to see you back!
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Yeah that sounds good. We're going with scary bad guys right?
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:19 pm

Here's a bunch of ideas for the Ramalians:

The Ramalians should be a dictatorship

They'll have slaves and slave masters which would be the equivilant of civilians, only, ya'know, slaves and slave masters.

They should have a giant military, with a fair amount of regular soldiers but an impressive amount of slave soldiers.

They should operate somewhat like animals in ground combat, hunting in packs with the pack master and soldiers/slaves.

The Ramalian Officials should use the tech made by the Ramalians, and the slaves would operate alien machinery taken from conquered races. To keep them from using this to rebel they'll have shock collars which will shock them if the tech if used in any way to harm the computer systems or the slave masters.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrylonsis13 Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:10 am

Yeah scary bad guy egomaniacs. It'll be fun to work on something different.
Scrylonsis13
Scrylonsis13
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:19 pm

Alright. I'll get on it as soon as possible! Very Happy
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here's the template. Didn't add in the eyes or the other features, however I just had to add those fleshy pieces on the back. Looks much better in the editor.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrylonsis13 Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:00 pm

That's very good. I can't get mine out until thursday due to other family stuff. Although, I think yours is better then mine will be.
Scrylonsis13
Scrylonsis13
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:02 pm

Thanks. But Im sure you'll come up with something far greater.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:46 pm

I'll get to work on some more Ramalian stuff, like ships and soldiers, Groxxeh, can you start their sheet?
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:55 pm

Sure. I'll start tonight. You can go over it and pick out things you think should be taken out or expanded upon.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:15 am

I'm thinking about another 'empire' in addition to my Euchs. But before I say anything else...

Has anyone listened to Orson Welles' radio broadcast of War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells?

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:35 am

I've never listened to the broadcasted but I've read the book (which is awesome) and seen the movie (also awesome)
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:09 pm

I finished the Ramalian Sniper.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Awesome!
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:55 pm

Cool! I've done both. And also, that was a hint. I'm considering inserting the Tripods into RG somehow...

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:06 pm

Hrm, a cross-over, perhaps? Discuss it in the bawx? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:20 pm

PINtermedium wrote:Cool! I've done both. And also, that was a hint. I'm considering inserting the Tripods into RG somehow...

No, Im sorry. But our races are purely original and this takes place in a galaxy where the earth solar system does not lie. Therefore the Martians cannot come there.

However if you want to make a race similar, with tripod-like walker machines that is perfectly fine.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:27 pm

AdminDarkLord wrote:
PINtermedium wrote:Cool! I've done both. And also, that was a hint. I'm considering inserting the Tripods into RG somehow...

No, Im sorry. But our races are purely original and this takes place in a galaxy where the earth solar system does not lie. Therefore the Martians cannot come there.

However if you want to make a race similar, with tripod-like walker machines that is perfectly fine.
My point exactly. Inserting a very similar species into RG, with quite similar walkers.

And somehow, I happened upon a funny coincidence. I dreamed of the tripodal walkers, and I look them up to find that the tripod walkers which I dreamed about were nearly identical to the ones in Steven Spielberg's adaptation of the War Of The Worlds- which I have never watched....

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Huh, that's cool!
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:10 pm

Ok whoster, let's work on some Ram stuff. Let's first start their sheet. I'll lay out the basis, then you can edit this post and do as you please. Note: Im just going to add a bit, not everything yet.

Species Name: The Ramal

Empire Name: The Ramalian Tyranny (?)

Homeworld: Ral

Property: A huge armada of colonies and military bases up in arm 2.

Biology: The Ramalians are reptiles with quite thick skin, this makes it so that they can only wear armor on certain parts of their bodies, to keep them from overheating.

Philosophy: The Ramalians are a vicious race of tyrants. They follow the ways of war and enslavement. They believe that all other empires belong to them, and are weak. To them, nothing is greater than themselves.

Culture: The Ramalians are a brutal empire of reptiles, who have a sense of both racial and physical superiority to all other beings. Their technology is crude and relatively simple.
Among the commoner class, there are the slavemasters and their family-packs, the womenfolk, the children, and the slaves. The slaves are infact the most common of what could be described as "The civilians." A rough percentage of slavemasters (Males only) would be three out of eleven slaves.
The slavemaster family-packs are comprised of the Male (slavemaster), the female (womenfolk), and the children. The womenfolk have VERY limited rights, and are mainly expected to care for the children and cook. Some have interpretations of jobs at restaurant-like houses called by the Ramalians as "Cookeries."
At the age of 16, a Ramalian female is strictly expected to marry, and is almost always an arranged marriage by the female's parents.

The Male class is the dominant of the two genders, and has always been so.
At the age of 15, a Ramalian male must prove himself as an adult by hunting the vicious and predatory Me'ktha beast, which roams in the forests of the Ramalian homeworld and has been brought to other Ramalian Colonies for the same reason as stated above.

Ramalian Government

The Ramalian Government is a dictatorship ruled by a single dictactor, awarded power from its predecessor which is quite normally a family member. Most of the politicians and governers are power-craving warmongers, but none so bad as the dictator.
Laws are enforced with brutality, and many crimes are met with capital punishment.

Ramalian Military: Many Ramalian males are drafted into the brutal Ram Military, but as many slaves are used to fight for the Ramalians, it is not too unusual for the Draft Officers (officers in charge of selecting Ramalians to be drafted, who often go on routine visits to Ramalian homes and neighborhoods in search of suitable candidates) to pick only the finest Ramalians for enlistment. They are trained brutally until they are almost pure killing machines.
(Okay, done for now, will add more later. Tell me what you think Grox)
Religion: To be added

History: To be added

Style: The Ramalian Infantry prefer to fight in fire-teams and squads, and attack with small charges, instead of making a fully frontal attack, despite their strength and size.

Alternately, their vehicular ground combat is comprised mainly of Drudger Tanks, which lead the forefront of the charge to wear down the enemy by repeatedly firing their three small cannons.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrylonsis13 Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:36 pm

I've got a religion for our new Collab goxeh.

Religion: The (to be added) are the only race to worship the dark deity, Drash'Un'Drallagh. Drash is said to be the one who destroys the universe after it has served it's purpose. The whole religion is too complex to fully understand but it is believed that there are three deities. Ungrulan is the creator of each universe and the one who decides what it's purpose will be. He decides the history of each universe and creates the beings living in it.

Vaarmunti is the sustainer. She is the only female deity and her purpose is to ensure that Ungrulans wishes are met. She nudges her collegues creations in the right direction, ensuring it all runs smoothly. Both of these deities are worshipped by a different race. There are three races that once lived together and formed a religion. Then they separated and each worshipped one of the gods. The (race name) worship the final god who destroys the universes that are created, to make way for new ones.

To be continued...
Scrylonsis13
Scrylonsis13
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:01 pm

Awesome! Perfect!
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Bump
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next