Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disruption (IC)

+5
Angelborn
Canis_dirus
Luxembourgish
ViperaUnion
Vara Lord
9 posters

Page 34 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next

Go down

Disruption (IC) - Page 34 Empty Re: Disruption (IC)

Post by ViperaUnion Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:27 pm

Ambigon's glow blinked, and for several moments, he did not speak, before suddenly, the glow went pitch dark, and even the brightness of the stars inside the energy being's body faded, "I am sensing spacial distortions approaching the Majesty. Nine of them, flying in a very distinct pattern." Just as Ambigon said this, a phone in the office rang, and Travis picked it up, while Ambigon seemed to drift closer to the ground than before, as though deeply alarmed.

Travis' face tensed, and he put the phone down, "Arachnarche, speaking of which..." He said, scowling deeply, "Six soldiers, and three red-colored ones with sythe-like limbs on their front pair of legs."

Ambigon blinked slightly, before seeming to shrink even more, "Commander-caste." He said, before vanishing in a flash of light.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:36 pm

From his position overlooking the church and its surroundings from the roof of one of the only nearby buildings that had not been reduced to ashes and rubble or completely desecrated, Netheun watched with alarm and dismay. He had been waiting for the correct opportunity to strike, but there were too many variables, too much chaos and disorder. The arrival of Jiiran was problematic, but even more disconcerting was the rate at which Unsilenced Retribution’s AI seemed to deteriorate and give in to the Metan. If he didn’t act quickly, the rampancy might take permanent hold. The Ryun supersoldier sprinted the length of the building’s top, jumping straight into the air at its edge. He got in position to roll once he landed, and was able to accomplish this as his ship suddenly materialized a bit below him, having been in its cloaking mode, and he went through the opened back of the ship. Working rapidly, he set his plan in motion.  

The vessel maneuvered smoothly and seemingly effortlessly, being a top of the line Federation ship, as it went into position behind Jiiran. Netheun jumped out of the back hatch again, using his particle wall generation device to aid his fall, and stealthily ran towards the church, going undetected by Malefactor and the Zraak. The ship was to be a distraction – It activated directed energy beams designed to shred through armor and plasma cannons, firing these to capture Jiiran’s attention and promptly entering a cloaked mode that used a variety of signals to heavily distort an HUD when it was looked at. The Wreae AI inside were very cunning and manipulative, and it showed.

The Metan reacted both to Xej’s appearance and Kradus counterattack. Before the latter could perform his dual attack, the Wreae used another energy bubble to avoid it and slingshot itself towards the Jorro’kil. The Metan’s scythes were primed to cut through the Zealot as it approached, but something blocked the blow, as if it were on command. Netheun knelt, sword extended in a blocking position, his super strength matching that of the Metan’s.

The Wanderer looked around the room, gazing into the eyes of everyone present. His mere presence would have caused someone to be naturally unsettled and unnerved, and it was very difficult to discern how this was possible. Upon setting his sight upon Zjer, he spoke, “You may refer to me as the Wanderer. Abarron may have a similar appearance, but he merely adopted it, many years ago. I am Eldraunn – An Architect.” Q’ren winced at this word, and the Wanderer, taking note of this, directed his attention to Admiral Lirr. “Do not worry about my dear friend here, he is… adjusting.”

“Tell me where the Seraph Catalyst is,” Q’ren growled, pain growing constantly in his voice. “If you do not stop this I will rip your throat out.”

Despite the threat, and by someone so experienced in combat, the Wanderer did not even flinch. “I highly doubt you would do that. You need me.” He tilted his head slightly, his two pairs of eyes glowing with intense blue light. “The Catalyst is at a place called The Gateway, in close proximity to the core of Ravena. I can lead you there. I would have already retrieved it for you myself, though to recover it, you need the blood of a Krathunian captured by the Vrentus during their uprising.”

Q’ren temporarily snapped out of his agony and stared suspiciously at the Eldraunn. “What do you have to gain from this?”

The Wanderer hesitated. “It is not the right time to reveal my intent.”
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:19 am

Aarin stood up. "It's possible we are approaching the Arachnarche nest, and they perceive us as a potential threat," he said. He looked around. "The question is, do we go to full battle stations, or try to reason with them? Don't the commander cast know language, though they can't speak? Isn't that what you said?" But Ambigon had vanished.

Jessic jumped up. "Fight them, of course? Or did you want them to rip the ship apart?"

Jiiran whirled around at the first energy beams struck nearby. Crouching on all fours, he looked around, hissing through his clenched teeth. Then another shot came. Jiiran jumped away to one side as it struck close to him. He peered at the area it had come from, his fevered brain trying to make sense of what was going on. Sensing its master's desire to see, Jiiran's helmet gave all the readings that would be relevant to trying to locate and invisible opponent, such as air disturbances and minute heat spikes. However, despite it's best efforts, it could make out nothing but gibberish, so to speak. Another shot.

Jiiran fled on all fours, dodging and ducking, until he came to rest under some cover, breathing heavily. Jiiran's mind began to come back a little as he peered out cautiously. He was quickly beginning to regret coming here to this world and putting himself in such danger. Now that his rage had subsided, fear crept in. He had underestimated his opponents, and his one shot at killing Kradus had failed, sabotaged by some unknown culprit. Jiiran quickly decided that it was time to leave. Moving with extreme caution, he crept through the ruined city, back in the direction of the Mondarian base camp.

Lirr sheathed his swords slowly. "Isn't it," he said, looking none to trustingly at the Wanderer. He wasn't about to just accept this creature's word.

At that moment, Zizo stepped to Q'ren's side, beckoning Teglin over, who came more slowly.

"Well," said Zizo to the Wanderer, as he began to sort out some first aid supplies, "if you want to win our trust, how about lending a hand here?"

Last edited by Vara Lord on Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:10 am

Travis frowned, and spoke picked up the phone again, giving him a direct line to the people watching the Arachnarche swarm, "Hey, what are they doing now?" He asked, tilting his head, as he listened with a growing look of perplexity on his face. He then covered the receiving end of the phone, keeping the conversation in Corey's office private, "They've landed on the ship, and the soldiers are forming into ranks of some sort. The commanders are standing in front, and they're apparently waiting for someone to come out of the hatch on the side of the ship, as though they've somehow managed to figure out what it does. We didn't have any surviving drones, I don't think, that escaped the Tyrant. I think it's just these commanders knowing how to make a deduction based on evidence. If anything, it looks like they're expecting some sort of negotiation."
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:54 am

Aarin brightened up. "This gives us some hope, then," he said. "It looks like maybe they want to talk, which will make things easier for us."

"Still," advised Allé, "it might be prudent to bring some sort of armament, just in case."

Aarin frowned. "I'm not sure about that. They might perceive that as a threat."

"Why do you waste time with this talk?" said Jessic. "You don't seriously think these creatures are interested in negotiation, do you? They're probably waiting to slice the head off of anyone who comes out of the ship. "I say we go out through the hangar and attack them."

Aarin looked at him in shock. "Just attack them without provocation? How could you suggest such a thing?"

Suddenly Tevri stood up. Clearly Jessic was getting out of hand, and Tevri felt, being the only one of his race present who had at least the potential of authority, it was his responsibility to do something about it. He cleared his throat a moment, and then addressed Jessic sternly. "Jessic, your behavior is not becoming of a soldier of the Empire. I demand that you sit down and act properly, or leave this room. There will be no talk of slaughtering creatures from any representative of our people while I'm here."

Jessic glared murderously at Tevri, and started to stand in a way that suggested hostile intent. But Isbar was faster. He jumped up and faced the Markovan, eyes blazing. "Don't try anything, Markovan! You WILL do as he tells you, and no one is slaughtering anything!"

Jessic looked around with venom in his eyes. "Fools, that's what you all are! Fools and weaklings! You don't have what it takes to do what needs to be done!" With that, he left the room. Isbar stared at the door for a little bit, growling. Tevri sank into his seat, feeling deeply embarrassed by his companions actions. How in Ravena had that man ever received any citation of honor for services? His behavior was starting to borderline that which would merit dismissal back on Markova. Surely he must realize that?
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Ravage's mane ruffled, and her tail flicked with annoyance as Jessic left the room, a growl rumbling in her throat. "Jessic will learn his lesson, eventually," She said, finally voicing the thoughts that had risen to the front-most part of her mind. "His own refusal to know when a fight can and can't be won, and his over-inflated confidence and desire for bloodshed, will be his own undoing. One may be excellent at combat, but those who would dare willingly enter it should have a realistic view of what they are against. You cannot ram your beliefs down someone else' throat, or they will turn and rip you apart for it. I believe I can say that at least a few of us are sick of choking on his, and strongly desire taking a more violent course of action to make it stop."

With this, she abruptly rose, "We should go out and meet them, before Jessic gets the idea into his mind to venture out of the airlock alone, and incite war with sentinent beings. I would not permit myself to believe that such lowly actions are beneath him, as it seems his previous high rank came from his own ruthless capability to catch foes off-guard, when they never expected an offensive." She then turned and walked out of the room, where Xenos had been growling after Jessic, who walked out in apparent rage. She looked at the Spiromander, and shook her head, as though agreeing with the animal's view of the Markovan. "Ruthless people and suffering tragedy, there's a wealth of it, in this galaxy." She muttered, before proceeding to ascend in the ship to where the airlocks were, with the Arachnarche swarm formed up and waiting.

Back in Corey's office, Samir abruptly rose to his feet, also, though he winced, still having stiff, scabbed-over wounds hidden under bandages all over his body. "I can't keep sitting here anymore, this is starting to drive me crazy. I don't even know why I deserve to be here, I'm not the best for deciding a policy, and it's not like anything I have to say would make much of a difference." The Krylonian said, proceeding to slip out of the door, before pausing, "I know this seems like a very inappropriate time for mentioning such things, but I think Ravage is intent on leaving us, at least for awhile, to go do something she has on her own agenda, after our present problem is dealt with. She was telling Cipher something, and she looked very grim as she did so. Just ask him, I don't know what she was talking about, but I don't like it when she keeps secret intentions in mind."

With this, Samir left, and attention turned to Cipher, who was sitting in a chair in the corner of the office, perched on his chair in a most peculiar manner. Cipher looked at Aarin, tilting his head in a way to suggest that the Vatarri may know what her intentions were, and that he was prompting him to remember what. "Well, I see one of two options. You can go out and speak to these mysterious space creatures, of whom I have no prior knowledge as to what they are aside from what Ambigon has mentioned, or you may proceed to torture a confession out of me. Either way, the end result will be that you will negotiate with these creatures, and Ravage's intentions will be made known in the future. I assure you, though, that there is nothing that you have to fear from it."
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:11 am

Aarin gazed at Cipher for a moment, and then nodded. Whether or not he had understood Cipher's hit was unclear; it was likely that he had simply decided to trust Ravage's judgement. Turning to Travis, he said, "I think perhaps we should suit up and meet our guests outside."

"Er, Aarin?" said Tevri, suddenly sitting up.

"Yes, Tevri," said Aarin. "Did you have something you wanted to say?"

"Well," stammered Tevri, "it's just that. . . I'm afraid that. . ." The young Markovan cast an embarrassed look around the room, and beckoning Aarin down to his level, whispered something in his ear. Isbar's quills twitched. "Why did you need to whisper that?" he said.

Tevri flushed a little. He had forgotten about the keen ears of Isbar and the Cavernians. Aarin pumped Tevri's shoulder encouragingly. "It's simply an embarrassing matter for him, that's all," he said to Isbar. He then turned to Travis. "Tevri is feeling concerned about Jessic and what he might do. He thinks he might need to be kept under surveillance, and possibly confined to quarters."

"He's probably on his way to quarters right now," said Allé. "He was going in that general direction."

Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:45 pm

Within Jorro’kil territory, various facilities and ships would detect that a massive fleet of mysterious spacecraft, possessing a size that was almost incomprehensible in its enormity, had entered their dominion. The ships were protected by particle-shielding of a unique make, the matter that was captured in their fields and moving at rapid speed consisting of highly-reflective particles that were effective at deterring any debris that threatened to collide with them. The fields, however, could only be seen from the glittering light that flashed around them, and it was not pretty, to anyone’s eye; it was not designed for beauty. The ships themselves primarily attracted their attention, as they would immediately wish to investigate the matter. The ships were of a design that did not appear on any database and any symbol of the race or empire they belonged to did not call up any memories, either.

In appearance, many of the spaceships resembled flowers, primarily lilies, but they did not seem dainty, but rather sharp and threatening, at a first glance, like some enigmatic form of battle cruiser; they splayed about a thicker central point, and possessed long, pointed stems, there were nine petals bearing three points for each flower. There seemed to be windows in the rear-facing stems, but the spear-like protrusion from the end of the ‘stem’ of each flower, as well as others present at the center of the forward-facing part of the blooms of the flowers looked like cannons or lasers. Upon looking at the ‘petals’ of the flowers, one realized that they were meant to collect sunlight and other forms of energy that drifted in space; there was nothing ominous about this.

They did not appear possess super-weapons, despite the menacing cannons. When one looked further, they realized that the backs of the flowers, facing away from the front protected by panels, aside from an amount of framework, was actually for the most part transparent and guarded by massive, geometric domes consisting of many arrangements of triangular shapes. No one could see anything inside the reflective windows and domes, however, because they were tinted to protect those inside from the harsh environment of space; it was likely that this glass was engineered to be very strong. It would be ridiculous to think anything meant for space was weak or fragile.

These flower-like ships, which formed the majority of the fleet, and were extremely large, were painted in a dark maroon tint that leaned towards a reddish shade, rather than pink. The edges of the triangular solar panels on the flowers, as they processed energy, pulsed with an extremely bright shade of magenta. The dark tint on all windows, which were likewise, triangular, reflected the slightest amount of light in a bright magenta, when they did not appear pitch-black or a dark, violet-purple, which was the other color apparently used as an accent.  These ships, upon examination, while possessing apparently powerful cannon-like weaponry mounted on their fronts, as well as many other small weapons along the frameworks on the backs, were not built primarily for combat, but for space-travel involving what one would suppose were an enormous number of individuals. The ships drifted slowly through space, and there did not seem to be anything hostile about their actions, though their intentions were largely unknown.

On the very outskirts of the fleet, were swarms of much smaller ships, although they still surpassed a landing ship in size, having what one would think was a decent number of crew members. These ships, like their larger counterparts, had a similar color scheme of dark maroon, magenta, and dark violet-purple. Their shape, however, was distinctly different, although still adhering closely with the design of larger vessels. Possessing three petal-like shapes sprouting from the main ‘body’, these small ships also possessed three points on each petal (Three and multiples of three seeming to be a theme). Unlike the larger ships, however, these flowers distinctly opened towards the direction the spacecraft flew in, and a long, spear-like shape rose from their centers, reinforced at the base, and clearly tipped with what appeared to be weaponry, three smaller lasers of sorts around a central ‘main’ one that was larger than the others.

Three large spikes pointed backwards on these ships at the base of the petals, reinforcing them, and a short, winding segmented tail of sorts, covered with segments possessing three spikes at every third interval, snaked behind them. This tail moved in a sort of corkscrew fashion on occasion as the ships flew, rungs of each segment rotating in opposing directions. The tip of each spike on this tail contained a laser, although not of the fanciest quality, they could go in any direction. The tip of this unusual feature contained what appeared to be an airlock of sorts, probably connecting to an internally-stored pathway. There were three sharp triangular panels at the tip of this odd tendril, which possessed a splayed-out three-pointed ridge that likely possessed the power to adhere and form a vacuum, a mode of entry into other ships, either through special airlocks, or through an unwelcome breach. It seemed that these smaller ships protected the main fleet, which was largely non-violent in their design, though not without weaponry that seemed to exist more as a form of precaution, than anything else.

A third kind of ship, which drifted in swarms between the small guarding-ships and the large populated cruisers appeared, by their design, to be devoted mostly to carrying cargo. They were larger than the guard-ships, but still much smaller than the cruisers. Like the other ships, they possessed a flower-like shape, with nine three-pronged petals, which pointed backwards, away from the direction the ships drifted in, giving them a distinct, tulip-like appearance. These petals extended out, and when viewed from behind, there were long, triangular prisms that stretched along the entire length of the main body of the ships, clearly the cargo-holds. The back of the ships formed short, blunt stems with three-pronged hatches, giving them a stumpy appearance. They also possessed a matching color scheme, like the rest of the fleet.

What would ultimately draw the most attention, however, was the largest ship, located in what seemed to be front-most center in the fleet, the most protected area, and clearly what would be considered its ‘crown jewel’. Larger perhaps than any ship ever seen before, the ship was difficult to describe, and would likely lead to many exaggerations without proper measurements, for its incredible size, just as the massive scale of the fleet it belonged to. The ship was an enormous lily flower, petals opening in no particular direction but straight out of a sort of central disk. Its petals in number totaled twenty-seven, with nine points on each petal, far more numerous than the other ships. It was like a comet in shape, the widest diameter being the petals near the front-most part, with the rest trailing behind it, tapering to a point.

Frills of nine-pronged spines came behind it, covered with windows, and enormous panels for collecting energy coated the front-most part of the flower, which was lined down the central ‘veins’ of each petal with lasers, possessing an enormous, lethal-looking cannon of sorts in the very center of the bloom. There were many lasers on the main framework, positioned to protect this ship from any angle. The back tapering trail of this ship seemed to possess numerous triangular airlocks, and here, small guard-ships flew close by, threatening anything that dared get too close to the vulnerable point, which was also protected by the ship’s own lasers. This ship possessed the same color scheme as the others, but the triangular panels on the front of this ship shined a bright, bold shade of yellow as they collected energy. It was also more heavily-ornamented than any other ship, with simple designs that were effective in imparting a look of elegance, and, if one thought carefully, of royalty.

As this terrifyingly large alien fleet approached, one ship would receive an incoming message, bearing a symbol that the members of the crew would not recognize. The symbol was of a tilted diagonal galaxy of sorts, just an icon, which spiraled towards the upper-left. The center of this galaxy, however, resembled what seemed to be the jaws of a reptilian or dragon-like creature, the spikes on the back of its head forming a second spot within the galaxy, giving movement as though it had been looking away, and was now turning to look at whoever viewed it. An elliptical slit formed its eye, and white cracks formed its teeth, as though the inside of its mouth were filled with fire. The background of the symbol was black, and the symbol itself was white, with a bright magenta color serving as the dragon’s eye.

The message, when held in concept of its signature, was somehow unnerving, although this fleet had not yet given any reason or cause to suggest aggression. Whether or not their presence in Jorro’kil territory warranted attack would depend, although it would have been considered wise, on a universal level, to answer whoever was calling. A fleet of such incredible size, and armed to the teeth with what one would presume to be incredible firepower, was not a safe thing to anger. The truth was that their message was perhaps a good sign. A message meant that there was a desire to communicate with the dominant empire.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aolani stood up, “I can go watch, if you want me to. People usually don’t mind me being around, they typically don’t even think about it. Hopefully, Jessic won’t care if he spots me in the hallway, although I can be sneaky, if I have to.” She said.

Without another word, Aolani walked out of the door, and began to follow Jessic.

Cipher, meanwhile, though hidden in his robes, felt his feathers ruffle slightly. Something deeply disturbed him, and silently, he hoped Aolani was careful not to be spotted.

Last edited by ViperaUnion on Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:10 pm

"Do be careful," Tevri started to say, but Aolani had already left. Somehow, Tevri couldn't help but feel discomfort. Something about Jessi'c behavior deeply disturbed him, and he was finding himself actually wondering whether more people, with real soldier-skills, had gone. Tevri didn't know what experience Aaolani had in fighting, but Jessic certainly was a deadly fighter; his record attested to it. Would he actually do something. . . drastic?

"Let's go and meet these Arachnarche then," said Aarin. "If that's fine with you," he added to Travis.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:05 pm

The illusion of a memory was whisked away, restoring the awareness of its captor, Xej Therus. He opened his eyes clearly once again, to see his life held in the blade of someone new. He appeared to be a Ryun, but he was larger than any the Zealot had seen before, and seemed to be much stronger, too; his strength was evidenced in his ability to keep Unsilenced Retribution at bay. It was this that brought the realization upon Xej once more. Whoever was inhabiting the Wreae's body was not the original AI personality, but something else, and something far more aggressive. Assessing this quickly enough, Xej looked at Netheun, nodded, and deftly retreated from the immediate danger. Kradus hadn't noticed him, allowing him to duck behind a pillar, and emerge several meters away from it, behind the Dominion overlord.

"Kradus."  He said. "You're a foolish beast, you can't win this fight."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

"The last time I was companion to a plot like this, I and many others suffered a bitter betrayal." Zjer said, addressing the Wanderer. His stance shifted as his upper knees locked, and he folded his arms; the nanocomposite underarmor he wore creased to accommodate the change in posture.

"Provide some assurance that we will not be dead immediately after assisting you in your endeavor."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:49 pm

Kradus, picking himself up from the last blow, looked behind him at Xej. The skin that was slid over his mouth to keep him from injecting the fumes and fire thinned and loosened. His eyes still looked foggy though, from the films over them that protected them from the heat.

"Foolish?" he said, the word trailing off with a reptilian hiss involuntarily snaking off in his throat. "I have seen more, been more, than you'll ever be, Therus!" Kradus busted the pillar which Therus had emerged from with a sheer roar. He looked at him, but kept a close eye on the Metan. "You've got the body of a little avian maggot! No strength, no power, no force! Your brain is so much smaller than mine, biologically. You tell me who is foolish! Look at me!"

Kradus sent another gout of flames at the roof, sending huge chunks of debris down everywhere. "I am not perishable, you unfathomable little maggot. I have lived through the reign of the Loccalians and grew up understanding them and their technology, can you say the same? If it were not for me, the Zraak would still be a primitive band of misfits digging up their holy stones! But now look! I introduce my ideas and give them the Kravisen Kode and now they have weapons that fight for them! Tell me Therus, can you say the same? Enlighten me! Shed some light on me for once in your miserable day." Kradus boomed forward, his footsteps like thunder.

"Did you create an empire? Were you clever enough to trick hundreds of empires into enslaving themselves? Did you ever manage to tame the Karthla?" Kradus shouted. "How many emperors have you killed Xej?!" He roared. At last, he sent his blade, filled with the fiery molten blood, ejecting from his arm and flying as a flaming projectile towards Xej.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:58 pm

The fourth planet from the red dwarf Kiosil, Iverlux was a bustling Confederacy trade center, though originally a Jorro'kil outpost. Already in an integral position for trading, and being rich in mineral resources, it was perfect for the alliance of races to become a planet of merchants and capitalism. True to its Confederacy conversion, Ryun-Wreae Federation ships passed through the trade center as commonly as did Jorro'kil vessels. The solar system itself was well guarded, but to encourage a more entrepreneurial spirit, it was preferred the ships stay at a distance from the planet itself. Those ships belonged to the Jorro'kil Fleet Royal Justice. With this being said, discreet inquisition and security provided by the Free Absolute's own High Councils ensured that business was honestly and cleanly done.

The arrival of the alien fleet at Iverlux was, to say the least, more than an eye-opener. When viewed from a trade vessel viewport, the sheer scale of the ship disallowed any true perception of its full scope. COMM stations at Iverlux were, however, able to retrieve that measurement, and to those who knew, it was more than breathtaking. Needless to say, security present on Iverlux and on the trading fleets scrambled to contact the ships inside the Kiosil system. Their officers were skeptical of the reports at first, but nonetheless obeyed their directives.

What awaited them would make even some deny its possibility of being a space station.

Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:42 pm

The Wanderer looked down to Zizo. "That will not be necessary," He announced, dismissing the organization of medical supplies with a swift wave of the hand. Looking at Zjer and the others, he continued, "You must trust me, because the current situation calls for it. It is of the utmost urgency that we make haste to The Gateway."

Q'ren frowned, slowly recovering from his mysterious suffering. "Why is that?" He asked.

"We must reach it before Praedromus does," The Wanderer responded coldly, slowly observing everyone present, as if searching for weaknesses. "By leading you to this location, dire as it may be, you were deceived. Praedromus told you that, by finding the components of the Continuum Corrupter, you would effectively be handing it to him due to the very nature of the Vrentus, no?"

"Right," Q'ren growled, becoming defensive. "But the ship has mechanisms that prevent such scans from taking place. You mentioned yourse-"

"The Vrentus are not static beings," The Wanderer cut him off. "They are dynamic. They evolve and adapt. By now, I would be rather surprised if they have not found a way to overcome it." After being met with a nod from the Krathunian, he continued. "Praedromus does not require you to have every part of the weapon to use it. He can simply replicate it in its current state and add in the Seraph Catalyst after. He would be able to use it, while you would not."

Q'ren thought for a moment over this before realizing that the Eldraunn was correct. If Praedromus had just lead us to the last piece of the Continuum Corrupter, he would be nothing more than a fool, He thought. "How does Praedromus know where The Gateway is?"

If The Wanderer had a mouth, he would have smiled. "Because, my dear Q'ren, he created it. The Gateway is an artifact from a conflict long past, one that is of very little significance now. As such, it would be rather easy for the Vrentus to simply go there." He paused. "Unless you want all of this to happen, you must have faith in me."
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:53 pm

Zizo looked very hard at The Wanderer, and then at Q'ren, before shrugging. "Well, if there are no other objections, I guess I'm in then."

Lirr frowned, and then sheathed his blades. "Very well," he growled, still not feeling to inclined to trust this alien seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. "We'll help." He motioned to the Markovan troops, standing ready to fight, and having watched the whole scene with ill-concealed impatience.

"But wait a minute," broke in Teglin. "If it's easy for Praedromus to get to this Gateway, might he not already be there?"
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:12 pm

The strange empire the massive fleet belonged to quickly responded to the Jorro'kil communication message, and it seemed, moments later, that they had actually already been sending communication attempts, but they had not been directing Comm. messages at the right vessels, most likely due to a lack of certainty as to who they should communicate with. It was not an entirely strange concept, when this was first contact, and neither side knew anything about the other, aside from what scraps they could perhaps glean from universal databases.

When the communication channels were opened to allow both video and audio communication, it was confirmed that the race entering the Kiosil system had never been seen before. This strongly conflicted, however, with the concept of the race being new to the galactic community. Spacecraft as large and as advanced as theirs were perhaps beyond what most regular races could build, and it more strongly indicated the idea that this species was, in reality, extremely old.

The figure that appeared in the video feed was wearing a full suit of armor, which largely hid the majority of its features, so only certain aspects of their appearance could be noted. This alien appeared to be standing on some sort of maroon, dark violet, and magenta triangular platform, although nothing could be truly seen behind it, as there was just a mass of decorative-looking wires with no apparent purpose; it seemed that the platform was primarily built for communication between spaceships, as a symbol meant to represent the race was supported by them.

The figure itself was the main object in the feed that drew attention. It appeared to be bipedal, with a single, forward-facing knee-joint in its legs, unlike the legs of the Jorro'kil themselves. It also possessed five digits on each hand or foot, four fingers and a thumb, five forward-facing toes, larger moving inward, smaller moving out. It might have looked highly similar to other humanoid races, save for several other features. There was a long tail that began thick at the base, and then gradually tapered out until it was like a whip. The helmeted head appeared be be adorned with spikes, although if they were merely for looks or not was unknown. What the Jorro'kil did see, that was not covered, though, was the enormous pair of folded wings that were folded behind the alien's back. These wings were powerful in appearance, and membranous, like a bat's. They were covered with scales, however, that shone a brilliant orange-red vermillion, so vivid that they looked like glowing coals against the background.

The alien, upon seeing that the message had been responded to, began to speak, "Please, forgive us for our intrusion into your territory. We are the Dracosians, and we come in peace."
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:35 pm

Aarin looked around at everyone else who had decided to come along. Suits had been designed for Isbar and Tevri, so they were coming too. Aarin looked at everyone suiting up, and thought of the Arachnarche waiting outside the ship. This was indeed a solemn moment, and the atmosphere was a subdued one. Only once before had the ship encountered these creatures, and the circumstances had not been the best. Aarin wondered if the Arachnarche somehow might know of the deaths of their brethren, and wanted justice for it. Or perhaps the Tyrant was already attacking the nest, and this group was an envoy come to entreat them for help? Aarin sighed a little, and climbed into his own suit.

Aoloni didn't get as far as Jessic's quarters. She was distracted by something, mainly, that the door to Mott's quarters were open, and there were sounds coming from within.

Looking in, Aoloni could see Jessic, his back turned to her. He was holstering something as she looked on. . . Mott's weapon!
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:57 pm

Aolani stared at Jessic with shock. She was silent for a moment, before a very harsh and un-bird-like sound came from her beak, as she screeched at him at a volume that was painful to the ears, "Criminal! Thief! Committing war crime! You will be executed for this treachery!" It was then that she did what nobody would expect sweet, gentle Aolani to do. She fell upon Jessic, propelled by the incredible speed of her wings, and began to stab at him with her sharp beak as though wielding a sword.

There would be no mercy from her.

Jessic had committed an ultimate crime, and he would be killed, as Chimerosu law dictated.

When the Chimerosu exited the airlock, the Arachnarche appeared to glare at them, as though waiting for some sort of explanation. This of course, was only an effect caused by the way their horns cast shadows across their faces, and they did not have the capability to blink at all, or make any facial expressions. They continued to stand in ranks, though as everyone came out. It was then that Samir was the first to send a Comm. message to the others' radios. "What do you think they want?" He asked.

They all buzzed their wings, and collectively turned to look at him.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:45 pm

"That is why we must make haste," The Wanderer responded, nodding. He stopped all movement, as if listening to something, before continuing. "By now, the forces of the Vrentus and those aiding them will have retreated. We should leave immediately if we are to reach the Gateway before they are able to. I will meet you onboard the Anomaly." With these final words, a blue light engulfed the strange Eldraunn, and his very being collapsed into a dense sphere, that which had been encountered before, and then disappeared.

Upon leaving the archives, the group came upon a desolate scene. Vrentus shells, debris, and corpses of Confederate soldiers littered the barren field of bloody snow as the wind whispered quietly, carrying fewer flakes of snow along their paths than before. Above, the clouds masked the shield of Kvanun, ripped apart in many places, though some bright lights from the fire up above was able to penetrate the cover. Several Krathunian dropships descended from there onto the battlefield, picking up stragglers to be brought to the fleets. A particularly large one landed in front of Q'ren and the crew, and a side door opened up slowly, revealing Admiral Rakluth, who ushered them inside before taking off.

Once everyone was situated inside (Though the ride would not take very long), Rakluth approached Q'ren with concern upon his face. The elder Krathunian seemed to be in great pain and unbelievably stressed. Though it could partially be explained by the fact that the former Sentinel had awakened in a much different time than his own, he seemed more on edge than usual. "Is everything okay?" He asked, frowning.

"I'm fine," Q'ren snapped back, clenching his fist, and then sighing. "Can you bring us directly to the Anomaly? It's urgent."

Rakluth nodded, sending a neurological message to the pilot via his HUD to notify him of this direction. He blinked a couple times, as if confused. "What exactly happened down there?"

"I ran into a few old friends," Q'ren growled, gritting his teeth.

Rakluth, his eyes downcast, bowed his head. "I'm sorry," He replied, "about everything that's happened today." The other Krathunian simply nodded in a rather solemn manner.

Soon afterwards, nearly everyone that had been journeying with the creator of the Continuum Corrupter - Q'ren, Zjer, Zizo, Teglin, and Rakluth - Assembled within the bridge, around the holograph projector. The ship was within the docks of the Dralvik, having suffered minor damage that needed repairing nonetheless. There was no sign, however, of the enigmatic Wanderer that had visited them. The group had been standing around, quietly discussing the events that had transpired at Kvanun, when the side doors opened automatically. Everyone paused and looked up as metal footsteps echoed across the hallways of the ship. Three large, armored figures strode into the bridge, and at the lead was a halfheartedly grinning Sentinel Theranis Ra'agus.

With a wave of the hand he motioned for the two guards accompanying him to exit the ship, but this came at the expense of quiet whir, emitted from his body. The Sentinel grimaced, turning away, as if embarrassed. Q'ren, with a puzzled look upon his face, peered closer at the other Krathunian by leaning towards him. "Did you get... augmented?" He asked with a curious yet saddened tone.

"It was necessary for my surgery," Theranis admitted, exhaling loudly. "At the least, it is temporary, though who knows how long that could be." Confused, he looked around the vicinity. "Where is the Wreae?" Rakluth nodded, wanting to know the answer to this as well.

"Abarron," Q'ren stated simply, bringing shock to both of the other Krathunians. "Unfortunately, Vrentus are very resilient. It would appear as though I had slain him in vain." He shook his head. "Regardless, we need to wait for..."

"I am here, my dear friend," The Wanderer's oddly reverberating, deep voice sounded, emanating from a hallway branching off from the room. He entered, leisurely looking upon all others before him. "Sentinel Theranis Ra'agus and Admiral Rakluth Bretuin, what a pleasure it is to meet you," He announced. "I am the Wanderer." He walked up to the hologram projector's console, entered in several data values and variables almost mind numbing speed, and then stood back as the display came to life with a map of the galaxy. "The location of The Gateway, our destination, is here." He lifted one of his lanky four arms and pointed at a blinking red dot in very close proximity to the core of Ravena. "We must leave immediately if we are to make it there before Praedromus." The ship thus departed from the enormous dreadnought, entering a cluttered space of ships, before entering warp and beginning its travel towards The Gateway.

((Everything else tomorrow, I promise))

Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:17 am

Jessic whirled around, just in time for Aoloni to collide with him. Screeching and cursing, he lashed out at her with his claws as he was knocked over. Chair, table, and various equipment Mott had brought was knocked over in the ensuing struggle. Feathers flew, and red Chimerosu blood mingled with brown Markovan blood. Finally, with a snarl, Jessic managed to get his hand where he wanted it, to his belt to retrieve his weapon. Slamming one end of the cylinder into the bottom of Aoloni's ribcage, he pushed the button. The sickening sound of flesh and gristle being sliced rang out as the blade went in and then out the other side, just under the Aoloni's shoulder. With a hiss, Jessic shoved her away from himself, withdrawing and retracting his weapon.

"That's the price to be payed for attacking me," he growled. He then spat on the dying Vitisin, and quickly exited the room. Hurrying to a restroom, he quickly washed himself of blood as quickly as he could. Peering out to assure no one was present, he made his furtive way towards the cargo hold. It would be unwise to go out the standard airlock; it would draw attention to himself.

It seems they can hear us, came a reply from Aarin. He turned to the assembled Arachnarche. Can you understand us? he said, addressing them.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:08 am

As Aolani lie in Mott's room, dying and helpless, she hissed after Jessic, knowing she would bleed to death in a terrible way, because he wouldn't even do her the justice of finishing her in a quick fashion. "...Choke on your blood...when you die...and hate the taste...so you know...what your thirst...really is..." She coughed, as blood began to well up in her throat, and in her lungs. It came from her beak, and her vision began to grow dim, as she took her fingers, covered with blood, and weakly traced a message of warning, holding it far from her body, so that the pool of blood would not cover it:

Jessic

Tears welled in her eyes, as her vision began to go black. "Creator...forgive my crimes...and accept me......into your arms......" She finally coughed up an enormous volume of blood, and with the last, struggling breath, through which no air came, Aolani suffocated on her own blood, and died, a look of immense sorrow and pain on her face, and her bloody hand stretched out to the message, the last thing she had written, to name the one who had killed her.

The Commander caste could, in fact, understand the radio signals perfectly, but they had no capability to send a reply verbally, as that was beyond them. Instead, in unison, the Commanders three sent a kind of insect-like clicking across the radio frequency, which really did not have any meaning to it that a language translator could find. they also buzzed their wings, and each one raised a leg and pointed it at Aarin, clearly meant as an effort to indicate they understood the words, and knew who had spoken them. It was slightly more disturbing a motion, as on their front pair of legs, the chitin was formed into a sickle-like shape that seemed serrated, and very sharp, perhaps enough to be a biological parallel to a warrior's sword.

They also possessed a second smaller pair of horns beneath the first, unlike the Drones and Warriors did. They were also leaner and faster in appearance, despite being larger in size. Their eyes were a bright red color, as were their wings, and the tips of their limbs and horns. The blood-like color was also present on the tips of their vaguely beak-like mouth parts, which were armed, like the others, with sharp tooth-like protrusions, although these seemed to possess rear-facing serrations. These Commanders were smarter, and unlike the previous castes, were strongly designed for fighting, if need be. Despite their leaner appearance, they somehow seemed more heavily protected by their exoskeletons, which was probably a true fact. Their shells were so sleek, additionally, that they looked like black mirrors; even more slick than the previous two castes. They were beautiful, in a way, but also quite deadly and menacing, without even trying.

The insect chatter came into the radio again, after a pause, and they seemed to be communicating amongst themselves for something, almost as though discussing an important matter. It was a bit alarming, concerning the fact that nobody would understand them, even if the words were projected. It seemed like the discussion was almost heated or of high importance, by their behavior. The people from the ship could only watch and wonder what they were saying.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:20 pm

What are they doing? asked Tevri. Did they understand you?

I think so, said Aarin, but they lack the ability to communicate with us in a fashion that we can understand. Perhaps that's what they're discussing right now, the problem of communication.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:51 pm

One who visited the star system of Sious would know immediately that it was anything besides ordinary. Surrounding the yellow dwarf star at its center was a massive golden structure, very similar to a dyson sphere in its function, but its form was much different. It was shaped like an enormous octahedron with the top and bottom elongated, and several other structures tapering off. Additionally, one side of it did not fully cover the star, allowing for its light to bleed out onto the many planetary satellites, all covered with various industrial edifices. This was one of the several Vrentus core systems - The Primes and Supreme could fully control the Collective from any of them, thus one would need to conquer multiple "homeworlds" to deal significant damage to the Vrentus in that regard.

Deep within the construction surrounding the star of Sious, known as the Nucleus, was a rather large chamber, the inside of which was made so that it formed the inside of two huge hexagon prisms, one directly behind the other and placed horizontally. The walls were simplistic and at the touch of a button could display incredible amounts of information and allow one to exert a certain amount of jurisdiction over the Vrentus. At the end of the room was a massive throne - An elevated seat surrounded by large spikes that seemed to burst out around it, as if shards from a piece of glass. It was here that Praedromus sat, deep in thought.

His pondering was, however, interrupted by another Vrentus entering the room. "The mission at Kvanun was a success," Abarron announced as he entered the room, approaching the throne rather comfortably (This was understandable, given that he once sat upon it), yet with an air of worry. "However, an issue has arisen. While we have the artifacts, it appears that the Eldraunn have been awakened." At this, Praedromus tilted his head slightly, as if interested, but soon after resumed his previous position. Abarron continued nonetheless. "I need to make haste to The Gateway in order to prevent them from ever returning to the galaxy."

Praedromus, his posture upon his throne one that some would see as relaxing and yet rather arrogant, shook his head. "I cannot allow you to do that. My plan follows a very rigid structure, and we must not deviate from it. Besides, the Architects are no longer a threat."

"No longer a threat?" Abarron questioned, his tone one of anger and confusion. "Despite the power of the current civilizations of Ravena, none can match theirs. During the initial invasion, it took the combined might of the Novus Alliance and the Loccalians to hold them back, and even then we sacrificed everythi-"

"The Loccalians?" Praedromus cut him off, standing up. "They are no longer a concern or an asset. The Novus Alliance was blundering and foolish, we were correct in recreating our destiny. Ravena has changed, Abarron, you must understand that at the least. If the Eldraunn arrive through the Gateway tomorrow, they will be met with even more resistance than before."

"The Eldraunn are not simpleminded and one dimensional," Abarron countered. "They are a most cunning and intelligent enemy. Do you not think that they would approach this situation differently, alter their strategy to be more effective? You underestimate them, Praedromus. That is a fault that will prove to be most disadvantageous."

"Your image of them is skewed," Praedromus shot back, stepping down completely from the seat and approaching the former Supreme. "It is haunted by trauma and grief from your personal experiences with them."

Abarron shook his head before continuing. "Regardless, they cannot simply be ignored. A part of our duty is to prevent them from having any influence over Ravena again. We created the Gateway for a purpose. Similarly, I was chosen to lead the Vrentus, not you. It is completely unjustified to not listen to me." He walked to Praedromus, putting a reassuring hand upon his shoulder. "Have some faith... Orian."

Praedromus stared at him for a while, appearing calm and collected on the outside. He raised his right hand slowly, in an almost tranquil moment, and paused. Suddenly, green energy burst forth, surrounding Abarron and throwing him against the entrance to the chamber, a tremendous gate that could only be opened by Praedromus from within or from the outside. This incandescence encompassed the former Supreme, the force of gravity increasing constantly. It appeared as though he intended to kill Abarron, clearly finished with his defiance.

Abarron was not completely finished, however. Electricity burst forth from his body, rippling outwards. The material of the floor and walls was designed with him in mind, and as such conducted electricity - Should a situation similar to their current one occur, he would be able to create a field of electricity that would cause heavy damage to anything inside. It was this that Abarron intended to do in order to get Praedromus to release him. After several seconds of unleashing energy, the latter found himself shocked by it. Vrentus cannot feel pain, but the attack had caused some damage to the shell, and Abarron was thus released from his dark matter prison.

Turning hastily, he pounded on the door with his brutal strength, tearing directly through it, and began to ran. Vrentus, under orders from Praedromus, began attacking, and he shredded through all opposition in his path with a flurry of plasma, fists, and electricity. Abarron was indiscriminate in his rush to escape the Nucleus. Anything that stood in his way would be obliterated. Soon, he came upon an immense hanger, and rushed to a computer station, quickly inputting many strings and such. As many Lessers and Greaters fired upon him, a large black sphere emerged from the floor, shifting quickly into Abarron's personal ship. He hurried inside as Praedromus entered the hangar, a green aura of energy surrounding him and seeming to slow time around him as well as damage structures in his proximity, for the power of its gravity was so immense. It was too late, however. the engines of Abarron's vessel activated and he shot out of the Nucleus, entering slipspace a short distance away and beginning his journey to The Gateway.

The Metan, confused, backed away from this new enemy. Something was wrong. The Ryun, its most hated foes, were never this large, strong, or agile. A variable had changed, and this new threat must be eliminated. It jumped forward towards Netheun once more, scythes extended, as its opponent dashed forward with sword in hand. And thus, the two dueled, a rapid flurry of steel that seemed to be a blur. Each attack was perfectly placed, rendering anything against the other useless. The Metan found this to be an issue to a great degree, as it appeared that any energy it directed towards the supersoldier was absorbed into his shielding by the sword.

However, the AI fumbled. It left a side unguarded, and Netheun ran past, blade held in his right hand and cutting into the Wreae's armor on that side. His other hand held a strange looking knife with a device on the end - Spinning around, he jabbed this in where the AI cores of Unsilenced Retribution would be. The device whined, and the Metan ceased all movement. Netheun watched silently as reversed the rampancy, reverting the AI to their original state and shifting the armor back to what it normally was. When the process was complete, he grabbed the knife and effortlessly picked Unsilenced's body up. He began to run towards the exit of the church while yelling at Xej to get out of there as well.

Simultaneously, the Valence descended a short distance away, Svar sprinting with Lamor up a ramp to the inside. Netheun, disregarding the commotion with the Zraak and Samians, approached this but did not go up into it, but instead threw Unsilenced Retribution inside, much to the surprise of the Krathunian. With that finished, he used his particle wall to ascend into the atmosphere and back into his own ship. It retreated a certain distance away from the frigate, but remaining in cloak as to not be seen while monitoring the Valence.

A distance away from the Dracosians, nearby the planet of Iverlux, was a sizeable Federation fleet. They had been passing through the area, the massive Redshift class heavy carrier at its helm going to an abandoned system to perform weapons tests. Helping to command the fleet was a member of the Conglomerate now ruling the government was Galvunin, the Head Director of the Erkinan Ship Building Corporation. For now, he decided that they quietly wait, and observe.

Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:20 pm

Zizo scanned the controls absently for a moment, and then sauntered up to Q'ren. "Incidently," he said in a quiet voice, "what exactly is this Gateway that this Wanderer fellow is taking us to?"

Meanwhile, Teglin Fess sat a little apart, head in hands. He felt useless. He had accomplished nothing so far (in his own mind, anyway), and felt more and more like he was nothing but baggage. Despite his usual "I couldn't care less," attitude that he presented to everyone, the truth was, he wanted to be useful, to be valuable to the group. He listlessly watched Admiral Lirr practicing with his blades.

Lirr felt restless and uneasy. He didn't really trust this Wanderer, especially in light of Q'ren's reaction to the Architect. What was this alien really up to, and what did it want with this Gateway, whatever it was? However, Lirr could not come to any good ideas on the subject. He sighed and started to sheath his blades when he noticed Teglin watching him. Realizing he had been caught staring, Teglin murmured an apology and looked away.

"Interested in swordplay, boy?" asked Lirr. Teglin looked a little surprised. Truth be told, it had been rather interesting to watch; Lirr seemed to make everything look easy.

"It comes from practice, lad," said Lirr, guessing his thought. "Care tp give it a go?" Twirling one of his sword, he caught it by the blade, and presented it to Teglin. Teglin hesitated a moment, and took the weapon cautiously, pausing to examine it. It was a rather fascinating device, simply yet well made, single-sided in the traditional fashion, slightly curved with the hilt bound with some synthetic material meant to prevent the wielder from being shocked if the blade hit something electric.

Lirr took a stance, holding the other pointed at Teglin. Teglin made a somewhat clumsy imitation. Lirr lightly skipped forward and swiped at Teglin. With a yelp, Teglin stumbled back and just managed to block it.

"Stay alert and keep on your feet," said Lirr, coaching him as he made some more light parries. "In many ways, this is like dancing. Pose is everything. Good, your starting to get the feel. Now, always remember, never think of the sword as a tool. It must be an extension of yourself." Lirr made some more light parries, but Teglin was now starting to get a hang of things, and even managed to make a few of his own. Lirr nodded in satisfaction.

"Very good! You seem to have a knack for this. If there's time, perhaps I can give you some training someday, and we can really make a swordsman out of you."

Teglin handed back the blade, feeling rather embarrassed by the compliment, yet also a little pleased.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:20 pm

Xej used this distraction to create a hasty retreat, and vanished from Kradus's presence. Employing a technique he learned long ago, his steps were a mere patter as he sprinted on the stone floor of the church, and then on the dirty streets of the Dranzoot Metropolis. His gaze fell upon the recently-arrived Valence, which immediately directed his path towards itself. It took him less than a minute to reach it, and in a moment he had dashed up the open ramp. He thought he caught a glimpse of Svar carrying Lamor away, but his memory brought his attention to his cousin. Odd. He had forgotten Xerin for what seemed like a long time, only to remember him now. He was probably on the bridge. No matter, Xej needed to tell him of what they had seen.

The fleet assigned to the protection of Iverlux and its facilities was not without a superior to lead it. The destroyer Eminence rivalled its inferior ships in size and structure, as well as a luxurious streak of gold paint across its long, pentagonal hull. It seemed to possess an air of imperiousness, and so it was an obvious guess it would be the one to send a response to the mysterious newcomers in their massive vessel.

Receiving their message, the Eminence started to run a translation vector through its component parts, and soon found it necessary to go back to ancient records of the Krylonian language to create a suitable translation, and also to assemble a reply message.

The reponse went out to the aliens.

"You are greeted in the name of the Confederate Nations of Ravena, Dracosians. Please state your intent, for we do not wish to create a schism started by any odd movement of vessels with the system."

Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:26 pm

Kradus thrashed through the walls of the church, busting out into the roads after Xej. The burning church behind him had already began to collapse completely from the destruction that had been inflicted upon it. Kradus was barely aware of where the Metan stood at the current moment, his mind was wholly focused on revenge at this point forward. He pounded through the streets, leaving footprints in the metal road that were absolutely enormous. His maw opened and fires blazed throughout. He shouted with a horrid Jadel's War Voice, "Get back here! You aren't going anywhere alive, filthy bird! Cowardly Therus, you'll never amount to me!" Kradus gained sight of the Valence and saw Svar and Lamor.

"I still have your queen, Lamor!" Kradus shouted. He shot a gout of fire towards Xej and the ship, hoping to take them all out with the one shot.

Lamor flailed in Svar's arms. "He's coming!" he rasped. His hoarse voice cracked from the smoke in his throat. His eyes bloodshot and foggy and the essence of torture whispered through them. The fire from Kradus' throat grew ever nearer and ever warmer.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next