Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Disruption (IC)

+9
God-mod
The Stalker of Shadows
curius
CaptainRyRy
Scrylonsis13
ViperaUnion
Zaroas
Darkel
Whos
13 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Disruption (IC) - Page 38 Empty Re: The Disruption (IC)

Post by ViperaUnion Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:35 pm

Travis looked over at Blair, who nodded, as though some silent message had been passed between them. Blair looked between the members of the group sitting at the table, and then spoke. "We will gladly accept any individuals ye see as fit to come aboard the Majesty, we will trust yer judgement. As for Isbar, we have already decided to let the lad come, but he be keeping secrets, and he be defensive about them, too. Let me be clear on this: nobody pries into that lad's past or his origins, he has a right to privacy. The same will go for anyone else, we will respect yer privacy, if ye respect the privacy of everyone else. The less conflict we have on the Majesty, the more efficient the operation on both missions will be." He ruffled his wings slightly, a rustling sound suggesting the feathers were stiffer than most.

Haku then spoke up, "As for what people can bring on the ships, we don't intend to search them, but we do request that you alert us to any live animals or plants they plan to bring on their person. We will be making a brief stop on my home planet, Vitis, before we head off to the fifth arm. There is a fresh load of supplies we need to pick up, along with several other people we have on the mission that are currently waiting for our arrival. We want to ensure that there is no risk of foreign flora and fauna escaping into the environment. Animal companions, like Ravage's Spiromander, are likely to be approved, and could go on the planet without risk, but anything else is going to most likely be kept the entire time on the ship. All UCN worlds have ecosystems that are well-balanced, and we seek to keep them that way."
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:40 pm

"No need to worry," said Aarin with a small laugh. "I don't think any of us at least will be bringing live cargo except for ourselves."

Vey looked at Rakluth. "As for your mission for the Corrupter, I think I might be able to assign you someone useful. His name is Zizo Tai, an Andebon scientist from the neighboring city, an expert in physics."

"Be sure you keep your rations under lock and key," said Allé. "Andebon are talking stomachs with legs. He'll most likely eat you out of ship and fleet, if you let him, and pick his teeth with the wiring."
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:00 am

"That would be excellent, Vey. Thank you." The Admiral stated, chuckling a bit at Allé's remarks. Looking to the Chimersou in the room, he said, "I myself will not be able to assist in this mission you are undertaking, as I have to attend to this matter of lost technology. However, I can assign you one Krathun who had taken place in the battle today and fought valiantly - Svar Levantus. He's a decisive tactician and a skilled fighter, and you will certainly find him to be useful asset."
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:05 am

"We look forward to meeting him," Travis said, nodding. Just then, a portable com. he had been carrying, hidden among the feathers of his right wing, began to buzz. He turned around and plucked it out with his beak, before transferring it to his hand, and clicking the button to receive the message. He opened his beak to say something, but the Chimerosu on the other end spoke before he could get out a single word. "Travis, can you please tell Kerr to come and get his pet spider? I don't care if her silk is over ten times stronger than kevlar, she won't stop threatening me! She's already tried to bite me twice!" The voice yelling on the other end sounded like a male Cavernian, judging by the accent, though there did not seem to be any sort of dialect as strong as Blair's. At this, Travis wordlessly closed his beak, and handed the com. over to Kerr, who frowned at the harshness of the voice.

Travis turned to the group, a touch of pink creeping into his beak, "That was Corey, the best scientist we have on board the Majesty. Kerr gave him his pet spider, Shelby, to look after while we were on Vathoris. Shelby is a special kind of spider Stagnumians are trying to figure out how to breed in captivity, because of how strong their silk is, perhaps the strongest biological material in existence. Shelby is the first confirmed female in captivity to carry eggs, so she's perhaps the most pampered arachnid in the galaxy, at the moment. Unfortunately, Corey was never good with bugs of any kind, and Shelby has been particularly difficult, Kerr says she's been acting grouchy, these past few days. Stagnumians are very good when it comes to looking after fragile, delicate things, Kerr especially, which is why he was able to get the spiders to mate in captivity."

By the time Travis was done speaking, Kerr had clicked off the com. and handed it back to him. "Ah, thank goodness Cavernians have tough scales, poor Corey's throwing a fit, Shelby's not eating any of the food he's putting in her cage, and if he gets too close, she tries to bite him. I keep telling him he can't touch the tip of the tweezers that hold the food, he can't get his scent near anything she eats, or she won't touch it." He flicked his tail, and shook his head, "We might have to wrap this meeting up soon, I can't risk Shelby's health, not when we're on the edge of a breakthrough, if I can successfully raise up her spiderlings in captivity, and have a lot of them reach full maturity, then we could make use of their silk."
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:13 am

"Interesting...." Hezek remarked about the Spider.

"I do have one question." He said. "When will you be departing to go on your mission? And your's as well, Rakluth. We just need to know so as to have time to report back, we couldn't simply disappear."

"Yes, this is a good question." Said Xerin. "This venture into Arachnarche territory has me interested, but of course I must inform the Councils of such a journey if I were to partake.."
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:58 am

"I am planning on leaving within a couple days time. As to not over extend my welcome here on Vathoris, I will be staying aboard the Krathunian Destroyer above us. Anybody who would like to participate in this endeavor, please contact your appropriate command centrals before rendezvousing with the Destroyer." The Krathunian's HUD display implemented into his eye activated, showing a notification. "Svar is waiting outside and will greet you when the meeting is over."
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:13 pm

Travis shrugged, "We might be performing two tasks at once, but we have no urgency that would force us to have a fixed schedule. We're pretty flexible, we can work around things to accommodate other people, it makes it easier if we're having representatives from other races joining us. We weren't originally aware of the Arachnarche, and there's no telling when we'll find a Chimerosu outpost, so we're actually pretty relaxed. We would prefer to leave as soon as possible, as we need to re-stock on Vitis, but we're not going to starve to death if we have to wait a bit on others. If y'all have to do things, though, I'd guess we can say we'll depart in three days, that should be enough for everyone to get things in order. We'll push up the departure time if everyone manages to finish earlier than the deadline, we won't linger and stress out the folks here, they're pretty upset, already." He flicked his tail, "Once everyone is on board, we'll make a quick stop at Vitis, stay for a few hours or one night, and then we're off to the mission."
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:52 pm

Vey nodded. "Excellent. That should work for everyone. I myself, I think, will remain here. There's still much to be done, and I was thinking I could coordinate with Gunthiir in communicating with the Mondarian Resistance. I do not doubt that their assistance will be most valuable. In the meantime, I shall see to getting preparations started." With that, he stood up briskly.

Instantly his lower back exploded with horrendous pain of such intensity that he fell. Aarin just managed to catch him so that he didn't hit the floor hard; he gasped and writhed with anguish.

Aarin activated his comm. "Medical team to the library, right away! This is an emergency!"
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:08 pm

Hezek and Xerin both stood up at the sudden crisis, The two Royal Guards were hesitent, indecisive about whether to help or stand by. Upon seeing this Grei gestured for them to assist the official in whatever way they could, so they made their way over to the ill Vey.

"How may we help?" Said one of the guards.

Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:10 pm

The Chimerosu in the room all looked flustered, their feathers ruffled and their tails lashed anxiously, as they backed away from the table to allow the medical team better access to the prince. Ravage though, looked the most upset, her tightly folded wings quivered, and her nostrils flared as her breathing grew short and panicked. Something was wrong with Vey, something was horribly wrong, and she was foolish to ignore the signs that clearly indicated to her that he was more than simply recovering from shock. His smell had in an instant changed, taking on the reek of illness, and the smell of fear and pain. She hated that she could detect such scents, but regardless, she knew she had to say something. She forced herself to take deep breaths, to slow down her heart rate, to stop panicking. "He needs a neurologist, his scent is wrong!" She said, looking at Aarin, her voice coming out sounding choked. Super-senses or not, most people knew a bad smell indicated poor health.

Ravage stepped aside as the medical team came in, and her hands shook. Blair came in and clasped her hands, "Lass, calm down, ye look like yer about to faint. We can't have that, it won't do the Prince an ounce of good." He said. He then tugged her arm and led her a distance away to where the Chimerosu were standing, giving the team space to work and take Vey to a better facility. She tried to look back, but the Cavernian stretched out a wing to block her view. "Take it easy, Lass, yer not a doctor, there's nothing we can do to help."
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:15 pm

Admiral Rakluth stood up and went quickly to the door, motioning in Svar and a guard. The three Krathunians followed the guards, ready to assist Vey in anyway. The Admiral stepped to the side, activating a scanner within his armor - A field body scanner that allowed soldiers to quickly pinpoint injuries and illness on the battlefield.

"I'm not familiar with this anatomy, and the scanner is designed for Krathunians, Jorro'kil, and Ryun - But it seems to be an issue with his lower back. I wouldn't try to to help unless you're a trained medic, however, as you could make it worse." The Krathunian quickly transmitted the scan to a hologram to allow the rest of the people in the room to observe.

Svar knelt down, examining Vey. The Krathunian was younger than Rakluth but still experienced. He wore light grey armor that, like the others, shifted according to his surroundings. His helmet, unlike Rakluths, tapered off in the back into metallic horn like structures. The lights on his armor glowed red. He looked around, noting the presence of the Chimersou, as the Admiral had said. He decided to save formalities for later due to the current crisis.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:30 pm

"Thank you, Sir," said one of the medics after quickly examining the hologram. "We had best ask everyone to leave while we take care of him.

The party waited for an hour outside the library, during which time they were joined by Mott Gatiir, who Aarin had informed of the situation via comm link. After an hour, the medics came out. One beckoned to Aarin. "He wants to speak to you," he said, nodding back towards the library. Aarin nodded, and cast a glance back at Mott, who nodded. "Perhaps we should go down the hall a little ways," he said.

Once everyone was gathered at the opposite end, the medic gave them the diagnosis. "I fear that the Prince has Lower Spinal Gathi, a genetic disorder that causes a slow deterioration of the spinal cord from the lower lumbar abdominal region downward. It usually doesn't develop right away, but in most cases, such as his, it doesn't become apparent until the fifties, and since he is currently about 56, he is beginning to experience it. It's often accentuated by physical trama, something which, if I'm not mistaken, he has had a fair amount of today. With what medical science we have at our disposal, we can slow it down considerably, and remove most of the pain; however, I fear he will inevitably lose all use of his lower body from waist down within the next twenty years."
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:05 am

Ravage seemed to shrink to half her size at the news, and she looked horrified, because the Prince would someday be paralyzed from the waist down, and despite her vow to keep him safe, she couldn't fix the problem. She couldn't cry, but she couldn't speak, either, and she could scarcely breathe past the lump that had formed in her throat. She would never die of illness, or fall victim to a genetic disease; when she had been given the mutagen that had changed her, it had altered her in such a way that it bolstered her immune system, and corrected genetic mistakes that she had possessed that could be potentially life-threatening. She had developed biological defenses that matched that of Karthla, and Karthla only ever died in battle, or of old age. Even in old age, a Karthla may have looked old, but it never suffered a severe decrease in bodily functions. Ravage would never know such things, she would be able to live a full, happy life until she died, but Vey was going to be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his days, if the disease destroyed his nervous system. It was cruel of fate, that such a wonderful, caring person was to fall victim to such a thing. He would have to take things to stop the pain that the disease caused, and while Ravage had just discovered there were other Chimerosu in the Galaxy, Vey would live in fear of the future. If he chose to marry, to have children, he would have to wonder if they would inherit what he had. So many wonderful things that people looked forward to, could be taken away with this one diagnosis.

She just lowered her head and shook it slowly, barely drawing breath, and what she did breathe, came in quiet and ragged. This news, felt as though for the second time today, she had lost someone precious. It wasn't the same loss as Tirri, but it was the pain of knowing that terrible things could happen to even the best of people.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:37 am

Mott looked very sad. He, perhaps, was feeling something similar to Ravage. He had been Vey's friend since childhood. "Is there anything that can be done for this?" asked Admiral Lirr. "Is there any cure?"

"No," replied the medic, "I fear it is uncurable. As I said, it can be slowed down, but it cannot be stopped."

A solemn silence prevailed, broken suddenly by the sound of the door opening at the other end of the hall. Vey and Aarin came out together, Vey leaning slightly on his brother's arm. His pain was subsiding. He approached the group, who gazed at him expectantly. His face looked a little more careworn, and even slightly tear-stained, but on his face was a look of solemn acceptance, touched by sadness. He gazed at them, and sighed. Giving a nod to the medic, who left quickly, Vey took a seat.

"I know you have all been informed of my condition. It is a tragic thing, I know, but please don't worry. I am fine." He sighed. "I apologize, that isn't really true. I'm not quite alright. This has been a sore blow to me. With the exception of a few injuries, I have always been a physically strong person, and I always strove to be active, to be involved in all of my duties, to be on the front line, not to be aloof. I always hated the idea of leading from the back, it just didn't seem right not to share in my soldiers' peril. But now it would seem I have no choice."

He was silent. "However," he continued, "despite my condition, I still have a duty to perform. I may not be able to perform it in the way I always have, and it will be a hard adjustment, and I shall have to learn swallow my pride." He gazed at everyone, and smiled slightly. "But I know I will not be alone, for I have you all, my family and my friends. Thank you all for your help and your sympathy. Everything will be alright, I know they will."
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:45 am

Eventually, after a long, painful silence, Ravage managed to speak, "You are a brave person, and you have more than proven that even if you can't go into battle, you will not gamble with the lives of men. You have seen war, and fought in it, so you understand the value of a soldier, and the horrors he must face to protect his home. People should not think any less of you, for they have no right to condemn you for something you cannot control." She then raised a clenched fist and placed it over her heart, a form of salute to represent unity throughout a struggle, the most fitting one, regarding the circumstances. There was nothing wrong with it, as Vey was the Prince, and worthy of respect. After a moment, the other Chimerosu hesitantly copied her, unsure of what words they would use, and perhaps unfamiliar with the gesture. Ravage then lowered her fist, and the others did so as well.

She then finished, "I might have loyalty to my own people, but I am also loyal to Vathoris. The presence of other Chimerosu does not change this. It is an honor to serve you, regardless if you are on the battlefield or not."
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:37 am

Rakluth and Svar had their heads lowered through all of this, listening carefully to the words of Vey and Ravage. After the Chimersou's salute, Svar looked up and started to speak.

"I am not a priest, but this is tradition, and the best that I can do for you." Svar stated, walking towards where sat. The Krathunian knelt, his helmet coming down to reveal a rather young face with scarred metal plates and a rather long crest. He placed a closed fist on the floor and another to his armored chest before reciting a traditional Krathunian prayer. The Krathunian's voice reverberated deeply as he spoke.

"Stay vigilant,
for there is light in the path beyond you.
Do not sway from this path,
and let the spirits remind you
not of what you cannot do
but of what you must.
Stay honorable,
and remember those who shared this life with you
and those that have ascended beyond the stars
while leading you down this road.
Do not have fear,
for though this is one of many challenges,
it is one that will never flee with time."

Svar looked up at the Prince before holding his fist out in a customary salute. The other Krathunian did the same. After two seconds, the soldier stood back up and joined Rakluth where he stood.

"Thank you, Svar." The Admiral spoke, nodding. "Vey, like Ravage has said, it is an honor to assist and serve you. Though I personally have only known you and your domain for a short while, it has been an absolute pleasure. I hope to be your ally and your friend in the
future."
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:42 pm

Throughout all of this Xerin and Hezek, as well as the Royal Guards, were quiet, simply listening. But then, after hearing Prince Vey's comment "I always hated the idea of leading from the back, it just didn't seem right not to share in my soldiers' peril. But now it would seem I have no choice..." Something hit Xerin hard. This was his position. Leading from the back, restrained and hardened to send soldiers out to fight without thinking about what they all went through in combat, when he himself already knew what it was like. Jorro'kil love war, by nature, many say they were born to do combat, but then there are also those who are permanently maimed by it. The WIA. Celebrated and cared for through they are, Xerin still wished to be able to do something more about it.

Wanting to say something helpful to the Prince, but not knowing what to say, remained silent, with a solemn and almost regretful look.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:25 am

Vey stood, slowly, with a smile on his lips, and drops of moisture in his eyes. He placed his hands on the shoulders, first of Ravage, and then Svar (this required some reaching). "My friends," he said, deeply moved, "I cannot thank you enough for your kindness and generosity. You have done more for me and my people than I can ever repay, and have furthermore honored me with your gestures. I am eternally grateful." He placed his right fist to his left palm, and bowed his head. Then he straightened up, a new resolve in his face.

"And now, my friends," he said, "I think the time is come for us to begin making ready, both to seek the weapon of which you speak, and the possible survivors of the Chimerosu Empire. My good Admiral," he continued, addressing Rakluth, "I will personally send for Zizo Tai, and have him come to lend his expertise. In the meantime, Aarin, Mott and Allé I trust can make the necessary preparations they need to accompany our friends of the UCN on their quest."

"And I," volunteered Lirr, "shall contact my own people and see about getting someone to help with that mission, as well as ask my Commander-in-Chief for leave top assist the Krathunians in theirs."

Standing up, he drew his swords, and clasped them to his chest in a Markovan salute. "My good sir," he said to Vey, "you are indeed an honorable person, and a fine example of a commander, worthy of an officer of the Markovan Empire. It has been an honor fighting alongside you, and alongside you all," he added to everyone else.

Vey smiled. "It has been truly an honor. I hope that today marks the start of understanding and lasting friendship between all our peoples."
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:46 pm

The Admiral nodded in agreement, starting to walk to the entrance. "Thank you, Vey. Then, I must be going. We leave in three days... Preparations must be made. Again, I will be stationed upon the Destroyer in orbit of Vathoris. This is the rendezvous. When your representatives are all ready, please send them to dock there and greet me." With that, Rakluth exited the premises, escorted by his guard.

Svar stayed behind, as he was participating in the mission with the Chimersou. He decided to wait until the rest of the representatives had left before formally introducing himself to them, though they had undoubtedly heard him referred to by name.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:21 pm

Ravage watched everyone leave, and looked at Vey, with nothing more to say, giving a respectful nod of the head. She turned to Travis, who nodded, "Well, we'd best get everything in order. We'll get Kerr back on the Majesty so he can look after Shelby, before Corey tries some overly-complicated plot to eliminating the issue of her biting him. Then we'll go fetch Isbar from that inn he said he'd be staying at. We agreed to let him in on the mission, so he comes." The Frigian folded his arms, and scowled a little as the com. hidden in his wing buzzed. He squinted one eye, and didn't answer it. "Can't he be patient?" He muttered, a little aggravated.

Blair laughed, and walked up to Travis, putting an assuring hand on his friend's shoulder, "Now, this is Corey we be talking about. He's got the stubborn Cavernian spirit, along with the eccentric qualities that seem abnormal for a professional of his ranking. He won't wait for yer approval before he does something, he wants results, and he doesn't wait for them, either. The only reason he's on this mission is because he's the smartest one, and everyone knows it. Ye can't replace him, so we always have to let a few things slide." He chuckled a bit more, and removed his hand. "Now, we best get moving. We can't drag our feet, lest we wind up being the ones that get left behind because of our own deadline."
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:25 pm

After the meeting had been dismissed and Re'se and Grei had returned to the Super Destroyer in orbit, they both put in a full report of the events, and also told Shipmaster Xavitra of the events, who was herself somewhat eager to learn of these new Chimerosu.

Hezek decided to return home to Jorro'kil territory along with the Jorro'kil fleet, but Xerin struggled with choosing between the mission to help the Krathunians, or to seek out the Arachnarche. Having already contacted the High Council to which he belonged, Xerin had recieved permission to go on either mission - though there was much hinting at the Councilors wanting him to go under heavy guard, Xerin tried his best to ignore this.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:31 am

Three days passed, with everyone making all their respective preparations. One of the saddest duties Vey had to do during that time was funeral services, especially Tirri's. She was buried on the second day. Vey stayed at the tomb for awhile.

On the third day, Vey was at the spaceship takeoff field. Aarin, Mott and Allé had all prepared. All had brought a sword, and some packs of food and other supplies. Additionally, Aarin had packed a few books, as had Mott, who also brought his tools , and some sketch and note pads (for planning projects). Allé had a three small cylinders, which he said were data storage units. "If we find anything old info about the old Chimerosu Empire, I thought it might be good to have something to download and store the information in. These should hold thirty Gigametts of information."

"Sheesh," said Mott. "Sounds like you brought enough to store the Vathoris database twenty times over."

"Where is Isbar?" asked Aarin. "Was a message sent?"

"I am here," said a voice. Isbar dropped from a wall nearby. All he brought was one small bag.

"Is that all you're bringing?" asked Mott, looking at the rather small bag.

"It's all I have," replied Isbar bluntly.

There was a slightly uncomfortable pause. "Do you want us to supply you with anything?" asked Vey.

"I don't need any charity, thank you," replied Isbar, rather coldly.

Aarin gave a small sigh. This creature had more pride than was good for him. Aarin looked around. "It would seem then, that we are ready. Where is Ravage and Xenos?"

Up in orbit, Rakluth's ship received a transmission that Zizo was coming up with his helper, along with Admiral Lirr. A small shuttle approached the ship, and waited permission to dock.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:16 am

From nearby where Aarin, Mott, Vey, Alle, and Isbar stood, a voice sounded. "I am neither, though I am here to assist." Svar approached, towering over the others. As he walked he twirled a meter long, straight, metal sword. As he got closer to the group, the sword folded up and was inserted into his shining, silver armor. Though it didn't look like he had brought any baggage, most of his equipment was stored within his armor. Upon reaching the rest, he knelt.

"I am Svar Levantus. It is an honor."

Permission was granted to the shuttle to dock, and an aperture on the side of the Destroyer opened up to reveal the main ship dock. The shuttle flew through and docked within. The Admiral stood on the dock platform facing the shuttle, surrounded by several guards. He awaited the opening of the shuttle.
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:06 pm

Above the planet, two of the airlocks on the Majesty, reserved for smaller ships, opened, in preparation to receive the ships that were soon going to dock in them. Like before, a smaller ship came out of one of them, and descended, landing in the designated place given at the spaceship takeoff field. The hatch opened, and a ramp folded down, allowing the five Chimerosu representatives to exit and greet those who were coming on the mission. Although Travis, Kerr, and Blair simply walked down the ramp, like before, Aolani and Haku instead hovered over the ramp and landed once they reached the bottom. It was incredible, one would note, the speed at which their wings would beat, for they were barely visible, they moved so quickly. A distinctive hum was created when they flew. Once all had left the ship, Travis walked up to the group that was waiting, "Hey, people, sorry to keep y'all waiting." He said, he then turned and looked at the tiny ship, and then up at the distant silhouette of the Majesty, just a shimmering white dot in the sky. "Well, this is it. In a few minutes, we're off in deep-space. No matter how many times I do this, it's always exhilarating to think about." He commented. He turned back to everyone, "It looks like everyone is here. Don't forget Ravage is bringing her Stealth Strider on the ship, so she's going to meet us up there."

As if to prove his point, in the distance, a gleaming black teardrop with a crystalline blue hexagon core shot off into the air. Approaching the Majesty, there were moments when it seemed to fade in and out of existence, as though it were like some sort of mirage. It slowed, and turned so that the back of the ship would face inward once it was parked. It then backed into the free airlock reserved for it, and landed. The airlock closed, the white light coming from inside the ship showing when it was completely sealed. Inside, air was restored in the chamber, allowing the Stealth Strider's two occupants, Ravage and Xenos, to exit safely.

Travis squinted at the scene, "Speaking of which." He murmured, mostly to himself, as he had spoken with perfect timing. He turned back to the others, "Anyway, it's time for us to depart, so everyone who decided to come needs to board the Jewel. Now, before we get there, let me just warn y'all, this isn't strictly a military operation, and there are a few scientists and other occupations on board the Majesty, but regardless, some parts are military in nature, so keep that in mind. Most people are surprised by the activity on our ship, so we've gotten into the habit of warning them ahead of time, so it doesn't come as a shocker." He looked back up at the distant ship in the sky, before turning to board the Jewel again. "Alright, come on, let's get going!" He said, vanishing into he vessel.

Blair turned to Vey, "I be sorry if Travis seems hasty, sir. He's always been in a rush to leave for deep-space. The lad gets caught up in the moment, you'd think he was just a cadet that never got on a ship before. But we all love that Frigian, regardless, he's got a heart of gold hidden under those feathers, mark my words." Sounds came from inside the ship, suggesting that Travis was the pilot, and was getting into position to fly it. Blair looked at the ship, and shook his head, before speaking again, "I will say this, it be an honor to meet you, sir, and we hope to meet you again. The UCN hopes to make this a lasting friendship between our worlds. If you need anything at all, we'll do our best to help." He then turned and boarded the ship.

The other Chimerosu got on the ship, with Aolani lagging behind, "Come on, guys, I know we have time, but Travis might take off without us if we don't hurry and get on the ship." She said, before using her wings to zip into the ship.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:30 pm

Xerin sent his decision to come to the Majesty from Shipmaster Xolva Xavitra's Super Destroyer.  Having recieved an answer that he would be allowed to come, made ready his shuttle and supplies for the trip, soon landing on the surface near the appointed shuttle to the Majesty and hurrying to it.

Just before the ramp closed he appeared outside the ship, and quickly asked "Is there room for one more?"

Xerin was outfitted in an Executive outfit, a black suit with purple highlights in the form of rings and semi-circles. Semi-circles stretching over the shoulders, on on each side, rings around the lower sleeves by the wrists, and down on the lower pant legs near the ankles. On his chest the suit beared an emblem, over the heart area, indicating his high rank. The emblem was an infinity symbol, only with a part missing from the top left oval, to indicate his authority over most other Jorro'kil Commanders, save for the Emperor himself and a very few of his fellow officers.

He carried a fairly large metal case which roughly resembled a back-pack. Inside was rations, a set of clothes and even standard Jorro'kil Power Armor components, in the case of combat, along with data storage devices with which he could read previously loaded information, or add to it.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next