Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat! - We're all dead!

+20
The Stalker of Shadows
Technical Support
thecardiackidofDCVII
Sairei
Leonir
SpaceWalker
Luxembourgish
ViperaUnion
Whos
curius
Randomnator
Vara Lord
Darkel
Alimnation
Celo
The Cunning Linguist
Angelborn
Zaroas
Aphethelion
Sean1M
24 posters

Page 22 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 37  Next

Go down

General Chat! - We're all dead! - Page 22 Empty Re: General Chat! - We're all dead!

Post by ViperaUnion Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:47 pm

Well, being productive means you have to have a bit of self-satisfaction, too. What do you normally do?
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

General Chat! - We're all dead! - Page 22 Empty Re: General Chat! - We're all dead!

Post by Whos Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:54 pm

Whenever I sit in the chatbox, waiting for people to come in, it's like I'm the crazy old hermit waiting for somebody to find me.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:07 pm

@ViperaUnion Mostly work or goof off on the computer too much. Still, I've managed to get the initial draft more than half done and made a start on the second draft. I've also managed a decent start to the cover design.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:20 pm

Being productive at work is a good thing, but if you feel like you're stuck in the same position, it might be because you need something to do in your spare time aside from things on the computer. I'm one of those people that takes up a bunch of hobbies because I'm not satisfied unless they have a physical result. Virtual stuff doesn't seem to really satisfy my desire to do things.

Actually, maybe I'm too active. I can't slow down very easily.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Speaking of productivity, school hit me like a freight train and I went on a hiatus. I'm really sorry about that, but I think I should be back in the swing of things soon enough.

I'll be in the chatbox a lot more often if it helps, Whos.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

http://pseudocompsognathus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:28 pm

Chatbox

whats a chatbox
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaroas Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:13 pm

I actually think school is going to kill me LOL
Zaroas
Zaroas
Didact

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:34 pm

I completely understand. I think I like college better than high school and such, but that doesn't mean it isn't difficult at certain times. It's liberating, though, and I can actually wander around freely, instead of feeling like my life is a series of boxes where I just move from one container to another, if that makes any sense. You know, your house and home is a box, and then you travel to school, and you stay there, and so on. It might seem like a strange analogy, but I feel happier that it seems like I could just roam wherever I please.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:59 pm

This school years has been the most stressful of my life.

I had taken a placement test to be accepted into a few college math courses. Of course, the small college I'm nubbing classes off of loses my test score, BY SOME MIRACLE. So I have to retake the test. I score a level 2 and am told I have passed and can take the classes.

The other day, seven weeks into this school year, my teacher gets a letter from the college with a list of all the students who apparently will not be getting credit. My name is listed there. Evidently, you have to have scored level 3 or higher to get the credits. Many other students are in the same boat as I am. When I call to get this fixed, they basically blame me for not knowing that you have to be level three (because apparently I'm a mind reader).

So I've been taking all of these college math courses, held straight A's in them, all for nothing. For seven weeks. And just now I'm told this.

I am supposed to have a meeting with the president of the university soon. Enormous mess.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:28 pm

Ugh. Jesus Christ, that sucks. I can't imagine having to deal with that.
But you will get through it eventually, so keep your head high. After this is resolved I feel there should be nothing but smooth sailing ahead. At least then you'll be sure about what'll happen next.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:48 am

Well luckily I think its all sorted out now and I'll be getting my credits Very Happy
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:56 am

My goodness! Are all small colleges places where you have to go through the trouble of meeting with the president to get help? I had almost taken one class over the summer at one, and I had been dreading it, the way they handled things there.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:11 pm

Ha ha! I'm done college! Sucka's!
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:19 pm

Well, school isn't killing me, except for the math and chemistry. I need to go look for a tutor for math, and chemistry needs more study time.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:11 pm

I hate math so much. This is the first year I've ever had higher than a C. I'm surprised I have an A, considering it's now college level.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:54 pm

I feel really out of place right now. Usually, I'd be the first to complain about school, but I'm actually fine with everything I'm dealing with for now.

Maybe someone should hit me on the head with a tire iron.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:10 pm

I'll slap you with a dolphin...
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:30 pm

Eh, why not? A heavy blunt object's a heavy blunt object.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:02 am

It's good that someone is actually enjoying school. Also, I had to go out of my way for a single homework grade today. I didn't get to print the work off at home, and my school has these print stations all over campus. Well, I don't have a WePay account, and I didn't have any of the campus currency, so I couldn't print. That meant I had walked down three floors for nothing.

What I wound up doing is I walked back up to the third floor where I'd left my computer (I'm not worried about anyone stealing it when there's people like the IT guy in the lab), and I wound up giving myself five dollars in campus currency through a long, complicated transaction, before I had to go downstairs and finally print a single page.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by curius Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:48 am

I feel your pain. I had a similar episode a year ago at the university. I thought it would be easy to print one page as there is multiple printers, a library with computers and everything. However, you would need one credit card to copy things, and another to print them. I had neither. Well, I went to the library and asked about the thing. They explained it to me, and told that they sold those cards you could use to copy things. For reason beyond the knowledge of the librarians, they did not have any of those printing cards, had never had, and didn't even know where you could buy them. I had to go home and print it there.
curius
curius
Honorary Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:00 am

curius, I'm certain there's some kind of shape or pattern hidden beneath the static of your avatar.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:22 pm

Sure looks like it, doesn't it? Will he ever tell us, or will he just keep us in suspense forever?
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:00 pm

I thought there was something, so I wanted to copy and paste it, but I can't get the timing right to go do my photo filter tests.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxembourgish Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:37 pm

You know, they say the answer to the ultimate secret of the universe lies in Curius' avatar.
Of course, the people who say that are quacks. We don't talk about those people.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:27 pm

So, right now, I'm not doing much, except goofing. I'm not too proud of myself in this regard. So much I'd like to do, but I'm always going the easy way.

I'm trying to write a story, find a full-time job, clean my room, lose weight, and be more involved in things in general.

What are all of you up to?
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 37  Next