Ruthless Galaxy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat! - We're all dead!

+20
The Stalker of Shadows
Technical Support
thecardiackidofDCVII
Sairei
Leonir
SpaceWalker
Luxembourgish
ViperaUnion
Whos
curius
Randomnator
Vara Lord
Darkel
Alimnation
Celo
The Cunning Linguist
Angelborn
Zaroas
Aphethelion
Sean1M
24 posters

Page 11 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 37  Next

Go down

General Chat! - We're all dead! - Page 11 Empty Re: General Chat! - We're all dead!

Post by Darkel Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:57 am

I've been hours and nothing...

I'd say most of us are busy. But still... I think its time we started advertising again.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

General Chat! - We're all dead! - Page 11 Empty Re: General Chat! - We're all dead!

Post by Luxembourgish Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:52 am

Yes, it is.

On another note, I'm going to be driving to Las Vegas today! Don't expect me to post for the next few days, because I'll be away from my computer, so ... keep doing what you're doing. Once I get back in 3 days, I'll definitely I'll definitely be here more.
Luxembourgish
Luxembourgish
Space Dinosaur

http://pseudocompsognathus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:35 am

Oh, this is nothing you guys. I remember a year or so ago, around this time, there was practically no posting at all and like four people active on average.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:43 pm

We had a lucky stroke to have recovered from that influx of activity, too. We shouldn't act like this is no problem.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:40 pm

I think this is just a time of year when everyone is super-busy.

Also, Happy Thanksgiving!
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:04 pm

Happy Thnxgeveng.

That may be so, but we've had a lot of people simply drop out. There's been a lot that we haven't seen in several months.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomnator Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:01 pm

I'm still in my creative funk. I'm not posting until it's past, sorry.
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Darkel, I remember you saying we didn't need to advertise and that you weren't worried about activity several weeks ago. I guess your disposition has changed with age, eh?

Well, I have been *trying* to do something about that with Prussian.

Problem is neither of us are particularly committed to the forum I've chosen for advertising.. and we both agree that both of us need to be involved for it to work.

Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Vara Lord Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:47 pm

Whatever may befall, I shall never abandon thee, RG.

Happy Thanksgiving, by the way.
Vara Lord
Vara Lord
Xenoarcheologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:59 pm

Happy Thanksgiving from me too.
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:44 pm

I never said we shouldn't advertise, I said we shouldn't advertise on the Sporum/Spore.com.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Whos Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:51 pm

That's not exactly what I said... I added an implied meaning, alright, but you did say you were comfortable with our current activity several weeks ago. (I paraphrasing here)
Whos
Whos
Hyper-lethal Vector

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:21 am

I don't remember that. But I may have said that to keep you from advertising on Spore.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:17 am

Most of the reason why we said to stop advertising on Spore is...well, isn't it because we wanted to separate from it? Plus, people have a tendency to look down on us there, anyway, because we're RPers, and some of our leaders are quite...infamous...

Anyway, I'm not good at advertising because I don't actually have a lot of people outside this circle that would be interested in RG, and I have very few IRL friends who I know well enough to recommend this site.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:02 am

Another reason is that people from Spore tend to use Spore logic in their RPing and let's be honest. They're not very good RPers as a whole. I mean, we're not trying to be picky at this point, but most Spore players nowadays are just.... difficult.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Randomnator Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:44 pm

I hope I'm not difficult...
Randomnator
Randomnator
Cadet

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:03 pm

I don't think he means anyone on this forum, Randomnator. Dark is probably talking about stuff that happened in the past that we don't want to attract again.

Most of the time we get people from the Spore forum who say their race ascended to Space Stage, and such, and therefore we have to tell them to be more scientific or detailed. The problem is that a lot of races run the risk of being extremely Over-powered if the person is new to RPing. It can mess up a lot of stuff, because the character sheet can say one thing, and the characters or races might do something else.

I am not saying we do not welcome inexperienced RPers, but if we get people who are new to it, we need to make sure they're people who are willing to learn how to balance out their races and the things that happen in posts. If we get a person who is ignorant and does not listen to advice, then there is a problem.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:06 pm

That's another problem. Most Spore players we've recruited in the past have been that way. The few who weren't are the ones that stuck around because they weren't prone to getting into arguments with the rest of us because of that.

@Randomnater: I wasn't referring to you, although I really haven't seen enough of your RPing skills to truly judge you. But I'm sure it's not the case.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:28 am

Razz <----- Don't click this Emoticon.
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:07 pm

Gawd no.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:23 pm

I can hover my mouse over it and figure out where it sends you without clicking it or opening a new tab.
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:34 pm

I can hold a link with my finger and the url pops up.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ViperaUnion Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:07 pm

Secret clicky links defeated!
ViperaUnion
ViperaUnion
Serpent Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean1M Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:04 am

Guess it didn't work out to well. Oh well. What's your fave anime?
Sean1M
Sean1M
Aussie Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkel Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:08 am

You can't beat me at my own game, Sean. Razz and my fav is Death Note.
Darkel
Darkel
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 37  Next